Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,333 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions (15403 Views)

Video Of Peter Obi & Datti Arriving Their Presidential Campaign Venue In Kaduna / Malami, Others Sacrifice Presidential Ambitions For Buhari's 3rd Term Agenda / Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by dapolaw(m): 10:07am On Apr 16, 2022
That is not a problem,in as much as you restrict your madness to your region that is fine with us.

Macphenson:
I told somebody yesterday that if a president of south east region does not emerge in 2023, thats when Nigeria will see the real agitation.

Then trust me, Politicians will sponsor IPOB

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by CoolAmbience(m): 10:19am On Apr 16, 2022
LegendHero:
Foolish elders called Ohaneze.

They should drop their ambition for what?

Instead of them to quickly work on a consensus candidates, one each from the two major political parties, on behalf of the SE, and start mobilizing resources and voters across the country, especially in the entire North and Southwest, they are there talking nonsense.

Our matter for SE don taya me sef. Nobody just wan get sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by Westchester(m): 10:26am On Apr 16, 2022
Who is your people and what are they? You filthy afonja scumbags makes me laugh when I see your empty threats online grin You ethnic bigots voted the dead man Buhari just because tinumbu AKA the bullion van man said you should and because the ediot of a professor called yemi osibamumu is your brother and now here we are in this shambles of a country, people dying everyday like fowls, price of goods and services skyrocketing everyday like it's nobody's business and yet y'all filthy afonja skull miners still have the guts to come online to rant

flokii:

Dem fit face Atiku?.. recently Atiku launched campaign in the East and the Ohaneze blackmailers went MIA.

First it was Tinubu, now they have added Osinbajo to their politics of hate. It's our people that allowed them sha.. not really their fault.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by Jeftliu: 10:49am On Apr 16, 2022
ganisucks:

https://punchng.com/why-osinbajo-tinubu-should-drop-presidential-ambition-ohanaeze/

Those three people Ohanaeze mentioned are just merely Elder people in the west but cannot win their polling unit for Ohanaeze leave JAGABAN of BORGU alone he's not ur problem in igboland however what did igbos do with power they enjoy with EBELE JONATHAN six years in office can you mention just a single tangible project the execute in igboland except lootings for themselves and their household Igbos produce VP in 3rd republic and President Zik For 2nd Republic even first military head of state(IRONSI) what did they do with the power or did you hear any Yorubas shouting it's our TURN UP AND DOWN.....OHANAEZE IGBOS COMMON NOW

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by MDM2021: 11:09am On Apr 16, 2022
Burruchaga71:
This news has made my day. I said these and am still saying it again, Tinubu or Osunbade can NEVER ever govern the great Igbos. It will never happen. Unless they are ready to rule Oduduwa republic. Bunch of saboteurs

Then, the Ibos also will not be allowed to rule over other tribes. Okay?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by MDM2021: 11:19am On Apr 16, 2022
Emergingnation3:
And yet you has been fighting to keep your Imaginery biggest enemy in Nigeria against their very will...

Nobody is stopping you as long as you don't force other tribes like the Itsekiris to join you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by MDM2021: 11:24am On Apr 16, 2022
EagleNest:
Agitation will be worst or on overdrive if SE is short-changed again. Let SE have their turn, then afterwards it can be thrown open. That's in the spirit of equity, justice and fairness. Other than this, I don't see Nigeria enjoying peace. We have had enough of blood shed, it's not good to pretend it doesn't concern all of us.

You want the country divided? Okay.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by MDM2021: 11:40am On Apr 16, 2022
amuwo1980:
The south east will be completely ungovernable by next year if you don’t do to them what you did to other regions and the effects will be great , refugees will swamp that lagos and Abuja with the attendant diseases and stress for all to share. You don’t peace and justice right ok we shall see

Are the Ibos being scared of contesting with the Yorubas or what? I thought the Ibos are said to like competition. It appears Ohaneze has already concluded that the Yoruba candidate will win their own candidate if both candidates compete in an election. Don't be scared to contest please.

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by MDM2021: 11:44am On Apr 16, 2022
SmartPolician:
South West politicians must be the most selfish human beings in this world, including the one who calls himself a pastor.

Are they saying you should not contest? Didn't you people say the Yorubas are weak, lazy, and coward? Are you being scared of competing with a weak, lazy, and coward man?

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by MDM2021: 12:01pm On Apr 16, 2022
EagleNest:
Agitation will be worst or on overdrive if SE is short-changed again. Let SE have their turn, then afterwards it can be thrown open. That's in the spirit of equity, justice and fairness. Other than this, I don't see Nigeria enjoying peace. We have had enough of blood shed, it's not good to pretend it doesn't concern all of us.

Are the GREAT Ibos afraid of the COWARD Yorubas?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by delpee(f): 12:23pm On Apr 16, 2022
Unite behind a strong contestant like Peter Obi or Kingsley Moghalu first. They're breaths of fresh air among the pack. The reality is that many of us are willing to vote for good candidates from the SE. Even Afenifere has acknowledged the need for fairness and justice.

The problem is that the candidates are not putting their best feet forward. People will hype only those that seem to be in the forefront.

Playing the victim without active engagement leads nowhere.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by maasoap(m): 12:34pm On Apr 16, 2022
These clowns and their unusual demands.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by maasoap(m): 12:38pm On Apr 16, 2022
Macphenson:
I told somebody yesterday that if a president of south east region does not emerge in 2023, thats when Nigeria will see the real agitation.

They should go ahead and do just that. Who cares?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by Newton2024: 12:54pm On Apr 16, 2022
Burruchaga71:
This news has made my day. I said these and am still saying it again, Tinubu or Osunbade can NEVER ever govern the great Igbos. It will never happen. Unless they are ready to rule Oduduwa republic. Bunch of saboteurs
Is this the best thing to do to become a president of nigeria? Common sense demands that Ohanaze campaign for their own candidate. I'm tired of you people but I want Peter Obi as my president.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by PeterUdeme: 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2022
Macphenson:

So far the ipob madness only happens in the south east, nobody cares.

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by EagleNest(m): 1:03pm On Apr 16, 2022
MDM2021:

Are the GREAT Ibos afraid of the COWARD Yorubas?

It's not about Yorubas but every Nigerian. I know we banter and compete alot but that does not mean we can't be reasonable for once for the survival of Nigeria.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by EagleNest(m): 1:06pm On Apr 16, 2022
MDM2021:

You want the country divided? Okay.

Yes and No!

Yes - because if we continue at the current trajectory it will only end in disintegration.

No - because if we amend our ways today and forge a common purpose to unite Nigeria instead of "my" tribe/religion first, then we can move forward. Think of unity of Nigeria and take action, do not pretend and overlook, hoping somehow things will sort itself out. Naaah!!! Turn by Turn Bros!
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by christistruth01: 1:31pm On Apr 16, 2022
Anaedo1:

Any evidence that ipob is the one responsible for the mayhem in the east?

IPOB Created the Rogue Gunmen
that are busy burning your Region to the Ground
.https://politicsnigeria.com/just-in-ipob-are-unknown-gunmen-ex-leader-uche-mefor/amp/

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by Sonoyom(m): 1:52pm On Apr 16, 2022
jaxxy:

I think it should be mircozoned only if South East can come up with good and acceptable candidates. The South West shouldn't be too greedy.
It would definitely be a bad precedence to microzone the presidency to any region

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by Deadlytruth(m): 2:05pm On Apr 16, 2022
EagleNest:

The SE was shortchanged in 1999 when IBB used money to kick out the most qualified Alex Ekweme based on the PDP NWC criteria in favour of Obasanjo who score zero based on those criteria and all you folks could do in response was to say, 'rankadede' to IBB and then go ahead to give Obasanjo bloc votes in the election. In essence you couldn't do shit about any resistance.

In 2007 Obasanjo derogatorily told you that the promise he made to hand power over to the SE was a gentleman agreement, so he proceeded to annoint an unknown Yaradua who was nowhere as qualified as any of the prominent Igbo politicians, and all you could do in response was to be the first tribe to endorse Yaradua and continue to support him till today even in his grave.

In 2011, Ogbulafor your fellow Igbo kinsman, took a principled stand against Jonathan's impending violation of the PDP zoning arrangement. In his thinking, if a Northerner was allowed to complete Yaradua's tenure in fair adherence to the PDP zoning, it was a given that the party's ticket would be zoned to the SE in 2015. But Jonathan went to fabricate allegations of corruption against Ogbulafor as weapon with which he removed Ogbulafor as PDP national chairman and replaced him with a Northerner, then he contested and won thus disrupting the zoning and further blighting the hope of future zoning of the party to the SE. In response you folks hailed Jonathan and argued that zoning is not recognized by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
In 2015, Jonathan stubbornly contested again thus further burying Igbo chances in future but all you did was to even defend him harder rather than threaten the way you now threaten.

From the scenarios above, it is clear that your threats are empty and not scary enough as you will later queue behind any Northerner that merges as PDP flagbearer.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by EagleNest(m): 2:29pm On Apr 16, 2022
Deadlytruth:

The SE was shortchanged in 1999 when IBB used money to kick out the most qualified Alex Ekweme based on the PDP NWC criteria in favour of Obasanjo who score zero based on those criteria and all you folks could do in response was to say, 'rankadede' to IBB and then go ahead to give Obasanjo bloc votes in the election. In essence you couldn't do shit about any resistance.

In 2007 Obasanjo derogatorily told you that the promise he made to hand power over to the SE was a gentleman agreement, so he proceeded to annoint an unknown Yaradua who was nowhere as qualified as any of the prominent Igbo politicians, and all you could do in response was to be the first tribe to endorse Yaradua and continue to support him till today even in his grave.

In 2011, Ogbulafor your fellow Igbo kinsman, took a principled stand against Jonathan's impending violation of the PDP zoning arrangement. In his thinking, if a Northerner was allowed to complete Yaradua's tenure in fair adherence to the PDP zoning, it was a given that the party's ticket would be zoned to the SE in 2015. But Jonathan went to fabricate allegations of corruption against Ogbulafor as weapon with which he removed Ogbulafor as PDP national chairman and replaced him with a Northerner, then he contested and won thus disrupting the zoning and further blighting the hope of future zoning of the party to the SE. In response you folks hailed Jonathan and argued that zoning is not recognized by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
In 2015, Jonathan stubbornly contested again thus further burying Igbo chances in future but all you did was to even defend him harder rather than threaten the way you now threaten.

From the scenarios above, it is clear that your threats are empty and not scary enough as you will later queue behind any Northerner that merges as PDP flagbearer.

When Ogbulafor was kicking against Jonathan doing a term, what was SW doing? Or is it only SE that exists in Nigeria?

Well if the political psyche of SE in 1999 was primarily for the unity of Nigeria, and also to get the military back to Barack, this time around they are no longer that gullible having seen that all these while the Nigeria system were being massively and surreptitiously rigged to the benefit of certain other zones. And the last 7 years of Buhari and his enablers have only made it worst.

Do we still want to be ONE country or we should all go our separate ways? Because there cannot be in-between, it is not sustainable.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by PropertyBuying(f): 2:30pm On Apr 16, 2022
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by jaxxy(m): 2:39pm On Apr 16, 2022
Sonoyom:

It would definitely be a bad precedence to microzone the presidency to any region

This is a rare case. the west and south south has just had it. The east has never has it for a long time and its leading to agitations.

it is a good precedence to correct a big error in our political history of fairness and leadership.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by generalud: 3:41pm On Apr 16, 2022
Ohaneze or what ever name they call themselves should have this at the back of their medulla oblongata that NO IGBO MAN WILL EVER BE THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA..
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by Deadlytruth(m): 3:48pm On Apr 16, 2022
EagleNest:

When Ogbulafor was kicking against Jonathan doing a term, what was SW doing? Or is it only SE that exists in Nigeria?

Well if the political psyche of SE in 1999 was primarily for the unity of Nigeria, and also to get the military back to Barack, this time around they are no longer that gullible having seen that all these while the Nigeria system were being massively and surreptitiously rigged to the benefit of certain other zones. And the last 7 years of Buhari and his enablers have only made it worst.

Do we still want to be ONE country or we should all go our separate ways? Because there cannot be in-between, it is not sustainable.
Ogbulafor vs Jonathan issue was an intra-PDP thing which didn't really concern the SW which was in a totally different party.
You mean the SE's choice of Obasanjo - an integral part of the military establishment- was a way to return the military permanently to the barracks and cut it off totally from our democracy? What a way to turn logic on its head.
When the rigging you now decry started under the Obasanjo-led PDP, your people celebrated it to high heavens with the sing song that all other parties were regional pressure groups which had no national appeal hence had no business being in existence. Now your national outlook party PDP has refused to zone her ticket to you as if you are not part of the nation in which it is a national party, yet you have accepted that fate without questioning.

I wonder what it means to you to work for national unity, else how can you claim you were working for national unity by supporting Jonathan to blatantly violate the PDP zoning arrangement which your very region's political leaders subscribed to in 1998 as a way to enthrench the equity and fairness needed to engender that very national unity?

If after all what you suffered from the first republic through Azikiwe's naive search for a non-existent national unity was not enough to have as at 1999 taught you that national unity doesn't come by making blind and suicidal sacrifices for the convenience of others who don't believe in that national unity, then I doubt you are sincerely wiser now as you are sure to still end up queueing behind Atiku should he win the PDP ticket which is very obvious now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by Sleekfingers: 3:55pm On Apr 16, 2022
ganisucks:

https://punchng.com/why-osinbajo-tinubu-should-drop-presidential-ambition-ohanaeze/

Awon confused people.......I thought, southeast are Pdp.....pdp should give them their presidential ticket na........

Tinubu or Osinbajo is our next president. .....if una like make una blow una region.....

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by Sonoyom(m): 6:11pm On Apr 16, 2022
jaxxy:

This is a rare case. the west and south south has just had it. The east has never has it for a long time and its leading to agitations.

it is a good precedence to correct a big error in our political history of fairness and leadership.
Imagine every zone and even ethnic groups making the same request.

How do we meet up with all the demands?

If those in the south east want to be in power, they should come out and join the tussle, that's the beauty of democracy.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by deji17: 6:23pm On Apr 16, 2022
Igbos are known to be die hard supporter of PDP. This guy should be directing his comments to Atiku , Wike, Saraki and other PDPians. Tinubu is not a member of your party.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by deji17: 6:32pm On Apr 16, 2022
jaxxy:

This is a matter for PDP to decide. Nothing to do with Tinubu or APC
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by ogunsbanjul(m): 7:21pm On Apr 16, 2022
Election is not a game of negotiating with the tribe you hate rather a game of number. After abusing Yoruba and Hausa in several occasions. Non of our sons will drop their presidential ambition because you people are ingrates.
We can not count how many of your people Tinubu has helped politically which am still searchings any information on how your so called leaders has been of help to any Yoruba man. Apart from federal government job you hardly see any Yoruba man confidently working and residing in your region as a state worker but you borrowed money for transport to the west only to claim you are the one that developed the region with your careless talks. Let the game begin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by jaxxy(m): 8:20pm On Apr 16, 2022
Sonoyom:

Imagine every zone and even ethnic groups making the same request.

How do we meet up with all the demands?

If those in the south east want to be in power, they should come out and join the tussle, that's the beauty of democracy.

Tuats nor true. Obasanjo didn't fight for it., yaradua definitely didn't fight for it, Jonathan didn't fight for it either.

All Lagos state governors never fought for any post either. Tinubu hand picked them. Lol

The East can also be handpicked same way.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Only buhari fought for it.
Re: Ohanaeze: Why Tinubu, Osinbajo Should Drop Their Presidential Ambitions by adekolaelect(m): 8:55pm On Apr 16, 2022
Burruchaga71:
like father like son.... When have you become Nigeria?? Where is your Biafra Have you beg Atiku in pdp to give you presidency? Na now when election is near you all realised that you are Nigerians .many of you have forgotten Kanu your leader and spoke person in presion ..... The most confused Tribe like Igbos is not common in the world

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Enugu State Embarks On Reconstruction Of FG Roads / Governor El-Rufai Observes Elections In Ghana (photos) / Chris Ngige Okays Exxonmobil Sack Of Nigerian Staff, Foreign Replacement - Femi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.