Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,793 members, 7,813,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan (15633 Views)

I Dont Get What I Want In Life-jonathan Says On His Birthday.. / I Hardly Get What I Look Forward To In Life- Jonathan / I Thank God For Sparing Buhari’s Life -jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by naijadesk: 12:35pm On Jun 15, 2013

President Goodluck Jonathan has said that the Nigerian society has failed, which according to him, has led to incidents of cultism, armed robbery, murder, kidnapping and other social vices in the country.

Jonathan, who was represented by the Minister of Lands, Housing and Urban Development, Ms. Ama Pepple, made this known at the official flag-off of National Christian Campaign on Social Transformation, themed: Be The Change You Want To See, organised by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in Abuja.

According to the President, indeed Nigerians have lost their moral values and principles and that so much have gone wrong in family lives, schools, churches and the society in general. He added that Nigerians have lost the values for hard work, respect for their elders, truthfulness, honesty, contentment, humility, patience and all moral virtues.

“Our priorities are misplaced. We have trained our children to insult elders, parents fight teachers who discipline their children and so we have been reproducing badly behaved children, who come under peers influences. The church itself has not always done what it should do, some of the teachings in some of our churches have turned the Bible upside down, the Bible is meant to teach us that which is right and help us to do righteous things.

http://leadership.ng/news/150613/nigerians-have-lost-core-values-life-jonathan
http://africzone.com/nigerians-no-longer-have-respect-for-their-elders-jonathan/

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by 4Play(m): 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2013
naijadesk:
The president blamed cultism, armed robbery, murder, kidnapping and other social vices in the country on its citizens.
Jonathan, who was represented by the Ministerof Lands, Housing and Urban Development, Ms. Ama Pepple, made this known at the official flag-off of National Christian Campaign on Social Transformation, tagged: Be The Change You Want To See, organised by the Christian Association of Nigeria,CAN, in Abuja.

According to Jonathan, no doubt, Nigerians have lost their moral values and principles andthat so much have gone wrong in family lives, schools, churches and the society in general. He added that Nigerians have lost the values for hard work, respect for their elders, truthfulness, honesty, contentment, humility, patience and all moral virtues.
“Our priorities are misplaced.

Imagine being lectured by a thieving power-at-any-cost politician about the loss of moral values.

24 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by Gbawe: 12:45pm On Jun 15, 2013
Mr.President, stop fooling yourself. Social networking and a more inter-connected world, enabling more Nigerians to see what obtains elsewhere even if they have never left Nigerian, is the reason many young Nigerians now feel they have to embrace 'self-help' (crime) to gain some of the wealth of Nigeria that people like you believe in pocketing, to the detriment of the majority, with your huge salary, ridiculous food budget and ten airplane fleet.

Stop complaining Mr. President. You are fighting a losing battle because respect for elders, in this day and age when we all know what others are doing and enjoying, can only be maintained through elders conducting themselves in a manner worthy of respect.

Things will never go back to the days of innocence when deceitful elders like you patronisingly rub the head of young children and tell them to "study hard" while you loot/damage their future and condemn them to becoming criminals with your callously profligate ways that is going on even now as you speak.

You cannot even sacrifice one plane out of your ten airplane fleet, when other leaders of wealthy nations have one or non, yet you ask young Nigerians to respect you? You are even lucky they are docile, in comparison to others, else you may not have the effrontery to patronise them as you now do and as your kind have always done.

76 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2013
naijadesk:
The president blamed cultism, armed robbery, murder, kidnapping and other social vices in the country on its citizens.
Jonathan, who was represented by the Ministerof Lands, Housing and Urban Development, Ms. Ama Pepple, made this known at the official flag-off of National Christian Campaign on Social Transformation, tagged: Be The Change You Want To See, organised by the Christian Association of Nigeria,CAN, in Abuja.

According to Jonathan, no doubt, Nigerians have lost their moral values and principles andthat so much have gone wrong in family lives, schools, churches and the society in general. He added that Nigerians have lost the values for hard work, respect for their elders, truthfulness, honesty, contentment, humility, patience and all moral virtues.
Our priorities are misplaced.

We have trained our children to insult elders, parents fight teachers who discipline their children and so we have been reproducing badly behaved children, who come under peers influences.

The church itself has not always done what it should do, some of the teachings in some of our churches have turned the Bible upside down, the Bible is meant to teach us that which is right and help us to do righteous things.” He added.

http://africzone.com/nigerians-no-longer-have-respect-for-their-elders-jonathan/

I will only agree with you, only if you are not a product of bad influence, and your own children are flogged at school then i'm with you on this

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by mankand(m): 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2013
Look at who is caling for moral respect by giving an advise.

A crininal eho budget 1.5 billio. Naira for feeding, nigeria is now a big joke

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by mankand(m): 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
Look at who is caling for moral respect by giving an advise.

A criminal who budget 1.5 billio. Naira for feeding, nigeria is now a big joke

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 15, 2013
According to Jonathan, no doubt, Nigerians have lost their moral values and principles and that so much have gone wrong

Perfect example of immorality " I don't give a damn"

25 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by gbanikiti(m): 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2013
Senseless talk from a Clueless drunk! mtscheeew! angry

14 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by ba7man(m): 1:54pm On Jun 15, 2013
If i act like a fhool in the presense of those younger than me, they'll definitely disrespect me.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by taharqa2: 2:27pm On Jun 15, 2013
gbanikiti: Senseless talk from a Clueless drunk! mtscheeew! angry
And this poool is smone else's wife...smh

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by nairaman66(m): 2:34pm On Jun 15, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan has said that the Nigerian society has failed, which according to him, has led to incidents of cultism, armed robbery, murder, kidnapping and other social vices in the country.

Jonathan, who was represented by the Minister of Lands, Housing and Urban Development, Ms. Ama Pepple, made this known at the official flag-off of National Christian Campaign on Social Transformation, themed: Be The Change You Want To See, organised by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in Abuja.

According to the President, indeed Nigerians have lost their moral values and principles and that so much have gone wrong in family lives, schools, churches and the society in general. He added that Nigerians have lost the values for hard work, respect for their elders, truthfulness, honesty, contentment, humility, patience and all moral virtues.

“Our priorities are misplaced. We have trained our children to insult elders, parents fight teachers who discipline their children and so we have been reproducing badly behaved children, who come under peers influences. The church itself has not always done what it should do, some of the teachings in some of our churches have turned the Bible upside down, the Bible is meant to teach us that which is right and help us to do righteous things.

Nobody should insult this drunk of a president. I am sure he meant to say-

* I have lost core values of leadership, I have no clue what leadership means!

* I have no clue what I am doing at the helms of affairs, I should be impeached!

* I have no shoes, this is true because I have no clue where I am headed!

* I am out of touch and unconnected to the dire needs of Nigerians collectively!

* I am here to pass my time and waste the time of Nigerians!

31 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by hollandis(f): 2:37pm On Jun 15, 2013
May God punish this bastard and the land minister that represented him

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by licensed2k(m): 2:37pm On Jun 15, 2013
What a great insight by my president,
Any luck u cld give us ds weekend baba ijebu 3direct numbers
U bunch raised ds mofo generation
Why the fck are u still complainin abt us?
U can't beat a child and still tell him not to cry.
NEXT!!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by dedons: 2:37pm On Jun 15, 2013
GEJ
the man of the people

u'v just said the truth
keep it up sir

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by JamesDoe: 2:38pm On Jun 15, 2013
The correct answer to GEJ in this instance is:

"YOUR FADA!!!"

34 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 15, 2013
who should we blame? The church/mosque or the government?
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by zuma4k(m): 2:38pm On Jun 15, 2013
interestn...
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by taiocol: 2:39pm On Jun 15, 2013
if he is a drunk nd clueless u ar also 1. Cause he is ur lead.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by demmy55(m): 2:39pm On Jun 15, 2013
Bullshit!!! angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by effisyman: 2:40pm On Jun 15, 2013
fela say.. zombie o zombie ooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by licensed2k(m): 2:42pm On Jun 15, 2013
JamesDoe: The correct answer to GEJ in this instance is:

"YOUR FADA!!!"

ARE YOU SURE THAT IS YOUR FINAL ANSWER?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by Raymonbell(m): 2:46pm On Jun 15, 2013
*smh*

thief preaching on the altar

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 15, 2013

“Our priorities are misplaced. We have trained our children to insult elders,

Thankgod it's the same society that taught Abati,Okupe and Asari to insult their elders and Nigerians because they are working for the chief vagabond-in-power !

23 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by sambos994(m): 2:46pm On Jun 15, 2013
Presido might be a dunce...but it's true.
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by iykofias(m): 2:46pm On Jun 15, 2013
easy woman_Gej aint worth d stress
Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by 1Dray(m): 2:47pm On Jun 15, 2013

Senseless comment from a shameless clown! Mtscheeew!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by mu2sa2: 2:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
See hypocrisy! This guy lied and lied in 2011 and you voted massively for him. So whatever he says now is in order because he is behaving true to type. If in 2011 you all had voted for the presidential candidates who have established reputation for integrity, honesty and forthrightness nigeria wouldn't be in this quagmire. As you lay your bed so you lie on it.

22 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by 9jaCrusade: 2:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
My people are useless, my people are sensiless, my people are indisciplined
Na Nigerian Government,
Dem de talk be dat,

I never hear am before o
make Government talk like that

My people are useless, my people are sensiless, my people are indisciplined
Na Nigerian Government,
Dem de talk be dat,

Which kind talk be that,

na craze talk be that o
na animal talk be that ooo
na animal talk be that ooo

Many leaders as you see them

na different disguise dem de o
animal in human skin
a***** de put u tie o
animal de waer agbada
animal de put u suit o....

[b]..FELA

wink wink grin grin grin grin

33 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by paulworld(m): 2:48pm On Jun 15, 2013
Oga Jonathan your own Don dey too much. Yesterday was the police today again na everybody and this includes your family members

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by ecode1(m): 2:48pm On Jun 15, 2013
I really don't know how some people reason at all. The message is very clear, BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE. Please you people should desist from insulting Mr. President. People think they can come online and be claiming saint when we know corrupt runs in their system.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by iykofias(m): 2:48pm On Jun 15, 2013
hollandis: May God punish this bastard and the land minister that represented him
2moro is church_dnt fail to repeat ds prayers again

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan by free2ryhme: 2:50pm On Jun 15, 2013
..in which the leaders where the catalyst for this orientation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Deji Adeyanju Has Been Granted Bail / Femi Adesina Receives West Africa Media Personality Award / Osinbajo: Why Hardworking Deputies Run Into Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.