Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me - Family (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me (48510 Views)

My Father Dragging My Mom's Property With Me, how the Issue Was Resolved / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by shaneroberts26: 6:19pm On Apr 17, 2022
pocohantas:

Lol. That is me telling them what it is. It is my opinion and if it goes against the rules, I would have been long banned.

You are Igbo? Wow! You have good hair though. Hope you pass it down to your kids.

Thanks for the advice. smiley
You're welcome mami. Thanks but remember, never stop trolling grin . So long.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by olamoses75(m): 7:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
No, you're dragging his wife's property with him.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by cobby14(m): 4:16am On Apr 18, 2022
Lol I’m driving a 2019 model car and I’m replying you rn from the comfort of my home. Lol did you say poverty ? smiley grin grin smiley
PeaceJoyLove:

Visit Dr Olukoya to remove poverty from your life.

Na poverty dey make a man think of snatching his father inlaw's properties. Na poverty.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by wirinet(m): 7:12am On Apr 18, 2022
cobby14:
Lol I’m driving a 2019 model car and I’m replying you rn from the comfort of my home. Lol did you say poverty ? smiley grin grin smiley

What he meant was a poverty family. I will be ashamed to be fighting my children to inherit my father in laws lands and properties he willed to his daughter (and grand children) if my own father has lands and properties he can will to me.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by BUSINESSMAN2: 12:14pm On Apr 18, 2022
GraciousGod190:

When issues like this are raised, people like you who don't have anything meaningful to contribute other than to abuse will start creeping out from your swampy holes... like bush rats in mangrove deserts.

For your info, I own 2 apartments already... personal I build with my money...not everyone is as lazy as your father.
she is telling you the truth Mr man
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by do4luv14(m): 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2022
immortalcrown:
Your house is not in order, both left and right. Even your mother's siblings dragged her things with you. May God protect you. This is all I can say now.

But by right, your father is most entitled to your mother and her property, just as you will be most entitled to your wife and your wife's property.

Shut up too. The father trying to sell the property is bad. But it does not make him less entitled to the property, as long as the property was acquired by his wife. Your logic is like telling a man to pack out of his own house because he keeps the house dirty. The man abusing his right as a husband and father does not justify the son depriving the father of the father's right. The poster himself should look forward to inheriting and managing his own wife's property. Your father is more entitled to your mother than you are to your mother. You are more entitled to your wife than your father is entitled to your wife. If the poster hates his father's behaviour, the poster should advise the father. If the father rejects the advice, the poster should focus on himself and ensure he does not treat his own children the way his father treats him. Saying the poster has the right to drag the property with the father is like saying the poster has the right to beat up the father if the matter results in physical violence.

Did you read the post? Does any part of the post tell you the mother willed the property to the poster?

you don't know what you are saying,

firstly the mother is an only child, read the post again,

secondly it's a maternal family inheritance , if those properties are in her maiden name, the man had obsolete right to them,

finally it's greediness on the part of the man to wanted to sell it, a wiseman, might had use the rents from those properties to buy lands and own his own properties from it,

if the Oppositeother had been a lazy mother she would had sold those properties long ago,

so the man should hands off,
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by immortalcrown(m): 4:44pm On Apr 18, 2022
do4luv14:
you don't know what you are saying, firstly the mother is an only child, read the post again, secondly it's a maternal family inheritance , if those properties are in her maiden name, the man had obsolete right to them, finally it's greediness on the part of the man to wanted to sell it, a wiseman, might had use the rents from those properties to buy lands and own his own properties from it,
if the Oppositeother had been a lazy mother she would had sold those properties long ago, so the man should hands off,
You are the one who does not know what you are saying. The poster said his mother's siblings tried but failed to collect the property because the mother's father, before his death, gave the property to the mother. Second, the mother died without writing a will for the property. So, the father owns the property. The son will take over when the father dies. Third, I said the father's attempt to sell the property is bad.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by do4luv14(m): 4:53pm On Apr 18, 2022
immortalcrown:
You are the one who does not know what you are saying. The poster said his mother's siblings tried but failed to collect the property because the mother's father, before his death, gave the property to the mother. Second, the mother died without writing a will for the property. So, the father owns the property. The son will take over when the father dies. Third, I said the father's attempt to sell the property is bad.

e be like say you no sabi English, relatives and siblings nah same thing

you don't see where OP said mother was the only surviving child abi her siblings want come from grave collect property,

abet shift make I see front
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by immortalcrown(m): 5:07pm On Apr 18, 2022
do4luv14:
e be like say you no sabi English, relatives and siblings nah same thing you don't see where OP said mother was the only surviving child abi her siblings want come from grave collect property, abet shift make I see front
I am sorry for writing siblings in place of relatives. The key thing is the poster said the mother got the property from her father while her father was still alive. And the woman did not giver the property to the poster while she was alive. So, my statement remains valid. Shift too.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by drnoel: 5:53pm On Apr 18, 2022
KiNg0G:
This is serious, according to bible na papa right since him and your mama na one.

But normal common sense, your papa nor supposed drag your mama property with you na grin grin grin

Him supposed to dey hustle to die live better one for you...

Things dey happen for this life...o chai

This is the most stupid comment so far
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by KiNg0G: 5:57pm On Apr 18, 2022
drnoel:

This is the most stupid comment so far
I agree
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by do4luv14(m): 7:22pm On Apr 18, 2022
immortalcrown:
I am sorry for writing siblings in place of relatives. The key thing is the poster said the mother got the property from her father while her father was still alive. And the woman did not giver the property to the poster while she was alive. So, my statement remains valid. Shift too.

thank you,

now let's face the topic, even if her father does not willed those properties to his mother, by defa6it still belongs to her, same applied to the Opposite,

now in marriage any property gotten before marriage belongs strictly to the owner, it's only the property gotten after marriage that is usually contested with, even in divorce cases too,

so by default those properties belongs to the Op,

Thanks, and case close cool
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by BluntCrazeMan: 5:56am On Apr 19, 2022
GraciousGod190:

How?

Really

I don't agree at all

If I wasn't born, do you think those property would be accessible to him?
Because he married my mother.
It would have been passed down to the closest relative of my mother kindreds
E get as the tradition of your mother's people be shaa.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Jen96: 6:41am On Apr 19, 2022
GraciousGod190:
As much as I hate bringing this here, I need advice on ways to go about this..is it right for a father to drag his wife wealth with his son, knowing fully well, the son is now a grown man.

My mom left us with lot of properties she acquired as inheritance from her father and mother side, been the only surviving child, while she was still around some relatives wanted to grab some of it...claiming she's a woman...but seeing she had a grown up son which was me they had to maintain and stay on their lane... besides my mom was never the sluggish type.

Now, my dad is trying to drag this property with me, saying he wants to sell some of the land without even informing me... he his claiming some of house rents and lavishing it on frivolities anyhow.

Yes he's my father, he trained me up to this stage that I am, but by right I thought Those properties are mine already.since it's inheritance that's supposed to be passed down to her offsprings.....if am wrong please someone should tell me.

if your father wasn't selling them, you dragging with your father is wrong in all ways. Y not wait for ur dad to die . If I ere ur dad, one Kobo u won't inherit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Mutigadara1: 10:18am On Apr 19, 2022
Alhamdulillah for Islam. This kind of issue has been settled (written step by step on how to share inheritance). Islam has answers to all issues like this.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by cobby14(m): 11:25am On Apr 21, 2022
A woman is entitled to a man’s property after his departure so what Makes a woman case different?
wirinet:

What he meant was a poverty family. I will be ashamed to be fighting my children to inherit my father in laws lands and properties he willed to his daughter (and grand children) if my own father has lands and properties he can will to me.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by KiNg0G: 8:26am On Apr 24, 2022
patwilly:

Where the link abeg. I no know say e Don reach like that? So Poco na runsgirl! Tueh!
pocohontas is a well known olosho...elder001 who fûcked her blue and black came to narrate to us on the beer parlour thread how black poco pusi was and the aroma wasn't friendly...some other guys also shared same experience
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Victorious12: 3:29pm On May 04, 2022
Same thing is happening to me
This woman I call my mum just dey do anyhow
I neee to claim the rights of my father

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Ladies If You Are Asked To Pick Just One Of These. / Smart Mum Spoiled Her Daughter's Plan To Steal Meat (pictured) / Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.