Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,967 members, 7,810,679 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. (5238 Views)

I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Zambian Girl Who Was "Buried" 2 Years Ago Walks Back To Her Parents' House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Ibechris2: 12:36am On Jan 01, 2023
Congratulations to everyone of u out there. Welcome to 2023.

And if u know u are 30 and still in ur parents house...pls,do everything possible to leave them. It can never be easy at first but I am sure it would be easy as time goes by.

I was privileged to have left my parents at the age of 19 and I never came back except I want to visit them and spend some time with them.

To be honest here,i really suffered when i relocated to a new environment with not enough cash,no brother ,no sister no one to advice me except me alone. I squatted and things became rough that my parents urged me to come back and manage with them,but eventually it became a success story.

This is 2023,take the bold step and leave ur parents and fight ur way to success and see how life would be with u in the near future. I don't mean to insult anyone here but it is imperative to help oneself before it becomes a thing of regret.

Time waits for no one and if u don't take this actions,the thing is,u will regret not taking an action if old age eventually catches up with u.

Thanks and may God bless u guys.

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 01, 2023
you are a compound mumu

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Omoawoke: 12:43am On Jan 01, 2023
limit your advice to yourself and try get sense this new year. Not everybody lives in room and parlor or self contain.
Some people papa get mansions in big cities and the child has his/her space. So they should park out and go and rent self contain?

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Adanac(m): 1:05am On Jan 01, 2023
Bros calm down, that is a word someone desperately need to hear and get motivated, when I decided to leave my father's House the first question he ask me was "I hope u re not packing some of my properties" and I said I have it all figured out.
At first, It was tough & rough,but that decision has changed my life Sha
no be say I don make am oo but my progress is upward and forward.....

OP, many will call for your head because they re above that age and still dey eat n tell mama thank you ma.
Free food will never allow some persons take a Bold step.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by T0BY(m): 1:10am On Jan 01, 2023
Ibechris2:

And if u know u are 30 and still in ur parents house...pls,do everything possible to leave them. It can never be easy at first but I am sure it would be easy as time goes by.

I was privileged to have left my parents at the age of 19 and I never came back except I want to visit them and spend some time with them.

To be honest here,i really suffered when i relocated to a new environment with not enough cash,no brother ,no sister no one to advice me except me alone. I squatted and things became rough that my parents urged me to come back and manage with them,but eventually it became a success story.

This is 2003,take the bold step and leave ur parents and fight ur way to success and see how life would be with u in the near future. I don't mean to insult anyone here but it is imperative to help oneself before it becomes a thing of regret.

Time waits for no one and if u don't take this actions,the thing is,u will regret not taking an action if old age eventually catches up with u.

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by lilvicky68(m): 1:21am On Jan 01, 2023
Year never even start well una don dey put people under pressure grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Magnoliaa(f): 1:26am On Jan 01, 2023
A man's struggles in life never ends... grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by IwasNeverGone: 1:39am On Jan 01, 2023
Ibechris2:

This is 2003,take the bold step and leave ur parents and fight ur way to success and see how life would be with u in the near future. I don't mean to insult anyone here but it is imperative to help oneself before it becomes a thing of regret.

fuulll....ba5tard!!!!!!

2003 kill u there

Modified: I moved out of my parents house at the age of 20 and I regretted nothing, and I will do it over and over again!!

5 Likes

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Karleb(m): 1:54am On Jan 01, 2023
If you are 30 and still staying with your parents, congratulations!

You are normal and there's nothing wrong with you.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by tommy589(m): 2:08am On Jan 01, 2023
This austere period is when you want people to forgo free shelter, food etc. Op mind yourself grin

10 Likes

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by tydi(m): 2:45am On Jan 01, 2023
The Op i'm not mistaken in his late 40s managed to see two bottles of tiger beer drink to cross over the new year and he started feeling like he's grown.
Hopefully he lives in face me I slap you apartment with naked urine smelling foam and a plastic hand fan and he thinks he is now a big guygrin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Kobojunkie: 2:56am On Jan 01, 2023
Ibechris2:
This is 2003,take the bold step and leave ur parents and fight ur way to success and see how life would be with u in the near future. I don't mean to insult anyone here but it is imperative to help oneself before it becomes a thing of regret. Time waits for no one and if u don't take this actions,the thing is,u will regret not taking an action if old age eventually catches up with u.

Why must moving out be a priority when parents are not complaining and it ain't as though the person in question has been living like a leech at that age? I don't see how this advice of yours can make sense in every case so I disagree! undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Richy4(m): 4:27am On Jan 01, 2023
I will advise that in this brand new year, if U want to live long for your mental wellbeing, please stay away from "ageism people"...

People that equates everything with age will think that they are encouraging U but it have harmful effects on the psychological well-being of adults, leading to mental health issues, such as depression and anxiety.

Just Google everything about Ageism in your lazy time.. it's impacts/effects health wise..and choose for yourself if u can stay with people that does that.. it's a brand new year.. time to make big decisions..no one will do it for you.. it's your choice

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by ruggedtimi(m): 7:13am On Jan 01, 2023
Leaving my parents house before I turned 30 was one of my best decisions, my only regret is that I should have left earlier.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by immortalmortal: 7:27am On Jan 01, 2023
So I should go and stay in another person's parents house? Hell no. My parents get houses 2 willed to me. When I complete my house na rent I go rent am out. But you see my parents house, even my children go stay there

6 Likes

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by skultrick(m): 7:52am On Jan 01, 2023
The op made a very valid point. To those condemning him, you're free to continue deceiving yourselves.

Leaving your parents house doesn't mean you're competing with anyone, it gives you that opportunity to be a complete man.

The logic here is that free house, food... means staying in your comfort zone. And staying in your comfort zone may never allow you reach your full potential.

Again, you can continue staying in your papa house.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Kobojunkie: 7:54am On Jan 01, 2023
skultrick:
The op made a very valid point. To those condemning him, you're free to continue deceiving yourselves. Leaving your parents house doesn't mean you're competing with anyone, it gives you that opportunity to be a complete man.
The logic here is that free house, food... means staying in your comfort zone. And staying in your comfort zone may never allow you reach your full potential. Again, you can continue staying in your papa house.
So a 30-year-old who lives at home in a house that belongs to his parents, enjoying free food which his parents can afford to give him, and all else, all while saving up to build his own house which he can then move out into is not a complete man? undecided
So a 30-year-old man living with his parents and paying a portion of the bills for and with them, thereby enabling his parents to have some funds to put away for a nest egg or other issues, is not a complete man? undecided

Why do some of you set these outrageous standards for others? undecided

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by skultrick(m): 8:00am On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So a 30-year-old who lives at home in a house that belongs to his parents, enjoying free food which his parents can afford to give him, and all else, all while saving up to build his own house which he can then move out into is wrong? undecided

Look, I never said its wrong. However, the word "free" restrains you to a comfort zone that might never allow you think outside the box.

Ask yourself, many young and old guys are reaching new heights everyday, and certainly most of them are not staying in their parents house.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Kobojunkie: 8:03am On Jan 01, 2023
skultrick:
1. Look, I never said its wrong. However, the word "free" restrains you to a comfort zone that might never allow you think outside the box.
2. Ask yourself, many young and old guys are reaching new heights everyday, and certainly most of them are not staying in their parents house.
1. But that is an assumption on your part, isn't it? undecided
2. Many of them began right when they were living at home with mum and dad. Does moving out of home guarantee success for anyone? The answer is no. So do not sell it as a step towards success in the world when it ain't! undecided

I really during the last recession 10s of 1000s here in America had to move back home. We are talking about people in their 30s, 40s, and some even 50s. But here you are asking folks in Nigeria, poverty central, to move out because they are 30? You have to give a better reason abeg! undecided

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by skultrick(m): 8:10am On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. But that is an assumption on your part, isn't it? undecided
2. Many of them began right when they were living at home with mum and dad. Does moving out of home guarantee success for anyone? The answer is no. So do not sell it as a step towards success in the world when it ain't! undecided

It's not assumption, it's a fact. Do your research on the dangers of comfort zone. You think paying lesser bills will allow you save more, nah, it doesn’t. Higher income is what allows you to save more and achieve more.

2. Not everyone will be rich or wealthy if that's your definition of success. The bottom line here is that you will achieve more financially when you live that comfort zone.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Kobojunkie: 8:19am On Jan 01, 2023
skultrick:
1. It's not assumption, it's a fact. Do your research on the dangers of comfort zone. You think paying lesser bills will allow you save more, nah, it doesn’t. Higher income is what allows you to save more and achieve more.

2. Note everyone will be rich or wealthy if that's your definition of success. The bottom line here is that you will achieve more financially when you live that comfort zone.
1. What are you talking about? Not long ago, I too was able to save up more than 80% of my salary in one particular year as a result of not having to pay much in house bills for the same period. What research told you it is impossible to do? undecided

2. Wrong! Not everyone will be as it doesn't mean that we will all begin making big bucks or anything like that. For example, for a 30-year old with monthly income of less 100K, living at home with parents can help him put of that money to use helping them even as he maybe saves some change on the side. Not everyone thinks "free" incense to go lazy. undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by skultrick(m): 8:43am On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. What are you talking about? Not long ago, I too was able to save up more than 80% of my salary in one particular year as a result of not having to pay much in house bills for the same period. What research told you it is impossible to do? undecided

2. Wrong! Not everyone will be as it doesn't mean that we will all begin making big bucks or anything like that. For example, for a 30-year old with monthly income of less 100K, living at home with parents can help him put of that money to use helping them even as he maybe saves some change on the side. Not everyone thinks "free" incense to go lazy. undecided

1. There's a very thin line here which you've repeatedly failed to understand. I'm not saying you won't save, I'm only saying that, that extra challenge could be the only motivation you need to go harder on it.

2. Going by your analogy, the 100k will definitely become a norm. You see creating wealth starts from the mind, and motivation, challenges, are key players.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by LocalStandard1(m): 8:43am On Jan 01, 2023
If you you look at all the very great men in the Bible who reached the highest points of their lives they had to leave their comfort zones to achieve those levels.

From Adam, the first man, to Jesus Christ even his disciples. Peter and his brother had to leave their father to do their work, Abraham, Moses, Joseph, you name them. Even Jesus adviced us to leave our family so as to follow him, and a man should leave his father and mother and be joined with his wife.
The examples are endless. All Biblical patriarchs.

A man should not remain under the shadows of his father or mother or even mentor for so long. Go out into the world and conquer it, discover your potential, you are a man, man. Your father's house is not going anywhere.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by skultrick(m): 8:52am On Jan 01, 2023
Beyond the financial aspect, no one is even talking about privacy and authority. You can’t have the final say in your father's, and as much as you might want to disapprove it, your privacy is taken away. It doesn't matter if you own a whole quarters to yourself.

What about your wife? Will she be okay with that kind of arrangement?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Kobojunkie: 8:52am On Jan 01, 2023
skultrick:
1. There's a very thing line here which you've repeatedly failed to understand. I'm not saying you won't save, I'm only saying that, that extra challenge could be the only motivation you need to go harder on it.

2. Going by your analogy, the 100k will definitely become a norm. You see creating wealth starts from the mind, and motivation, challenges, are key players.
1. I don't follow your logic at all. What extra challenge? Isn't saving up for a home or even for a car challenge enough while living at homeundecided

2. Creating what wealth again? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by skultrick(m): 8:56am On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I don't follow your logic at all. What extra challenge? Isn't saving up for a home or even for a car challenge enough while living at homeundecided

2. Creating what wealth again? undecided

"Challenge" in this context means expanding your horizon. If someone pays for my rent, I'll get too comfortable and never think its worth it to try something new. I'll stick to my 9to5 and perhaps live the rat race hussle

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by skultrick(m): 9:06am On Jan 01, 2023
When I graduated from college, my dad requested I come stay in the family house. I simply told him thank you sir, but I would like to rent my own place.

He said but you ain't working. I said, dad, I'm already working, though the earnings ain't good enough. I thought about how much I'd save from rent and food, but I took that bold decision to chart my own path.

I rented a place, continued working, a year after I moved to a more expensive place. My friends said its too expensive, I said but people are staying there...are you doing better than them?

My friends continued..."they are fakers trying to impress" ....I said you can't pretend when reality sets in. Your rent shouldn’t exceed your one month salary. I still stay there, and I'm still able to save for a new home.

Bottom line, taking challenges is all worth it.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:28am On Jan 01, 2023
Better stay and save money. Nigeria is brutal and no one will help you when shit hits the fan. I am 39 and still live with my parents tongue tongue

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Regex: 9:29am On Jan 01, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Better stay and save money. Nigeria is brutal and no one will help you when shit hits the fan. I am 39 and still live with my parents tongue tongue

Omo, na true oh.

1 Like

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Maxxim: 9:36am On Jan 01, 2023
If you dey rural area and you struggle with your life, this advice might be applicable, but if you live in lagos where the cost of things are high just stay your papa house and use money renovate am or spend on them your family.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by tunjijones(m): 9:58am On Jan 01, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

At 39 you still stay in your parents house? That's a definition of failure to me. When do you want to start start your life?

Guy na new year before this, start planning of how to move to your own house.

At 26 when I finished my service. One of my cousins asked me to move to a different city so she can help me get a job. She was staying in the heart of the city and in a house almost like a mansion. I had every thing at my disposal except respect. My cousin wi be telling me to go and make noddles for her 15 years old son. My aunty will be telling me to go and buy recharge card for her when her 15 yrs old son dey. I told myself I wld move out after 6 months. Which I did. I moved to a single room apartment in the suburb and it felt like heaven. The freedom, the peace of mind and all that.

It's 7 years ago now and I have been able achieve a lot. I have even started building my own house.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by jamesversion: 10:00am On Jan 01, 2023
Ibechris2:

2003. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If You Go To Bed Like This Your Man Deserves A Side Chick. / HACK Your Pre-paid Meter Now / Places Where You Can Find A Serious Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.