Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? (11094 Views)

Family Buries Pastor Siva Moodley After Waiting 579 Days For His Resurrection / I Saw JESUS Last Night! Folks JESUS Is Coming!! / Tyson Fury First And Foremost Thank Jesus After Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Chikel20000(m): 1:26pm On Mar 31
GreatAchiever1:

You just mentioned two different events, he argued about the 12, and the 72.
Why bring up the 120 at pentecost, it's a different event.
But to answer the question, they were followers of Christ.
they r also disciples too

1 Like

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Honestey: 1:28pm On Mar 31
"I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."

Jesus like we believe in Islam is a prophet of God and this is very confirmed by Jesus himself. Stop committing sin of equating him to God for Almighty God(Allah) has no equal. I pray on to you all to find your way into Islam and be true worshippers of Almighty Allah. Peace be on to you.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by GreatAchiever1: 1:32pm On Mar 31
Chikel20000:
they r also disciples too

But were they disciples of Jesus that is, chosen by Jesus Christ himself to be His disciple?
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:33pm On Mar 31
Chikel20000:
so d 120 at d pentecost where?
Don't mind the antichrists and wolves who come as sheep to mislead the gullible.

How can Jesus' sheep see His glaring Words and Examples and yet choose to lay them aside to follow those of another whether in the Bible or not?

I agree with you that there were women among the 72 disciples appointed by Jesus. It's glaring however don't expect the women-hating antichrists to want to accept the Truth of Christ no matter how glaring it is because it goes against their erroneous beliefs which they religiously hold fast to.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Honestey: 1:36pm On Mar 31
bobestman:
A HIDDEN TRUTH UNKNOWN BY CHRISTIANS. Why will a woman be that desperate about a man he is not in love with? Can a woman be allowed to anoint the body of a man he is not related to? She is not his mother o. She was at the cross weeping. At his grave weeping. They called her the one he loved but they twisted it to mean a man. Why will a woman be doing all this if she has nothing to do with him? According to the law what she did is wrong and can only be permited if they had sth together. She was also the first to see him and said they took away his lord. Hebrews women see their husband as their lord. To crown it all, at the cross he said "mother behold thy son and son your mother". He is not the son he is talking about their since he is dying. To behold is to watch over or take care of. The truth is that Mary Magdalene was pregnant with a child for him and that is the son he was talking about. Mothers take care of their late son's wife who are pregnant. Research it. Just debunked a 3000yrs old Roman lie

Are you saying one of the great grand sons of Jesus is Biden who just Transgendered everything?
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by bobestman(m): 1:50pm On Mar 31
Honestey:

Are you saying one of the great grand sons of Jesus is Biden who just Transgendered everything?
Lol
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by sheeda995(f): 2:31pm On Mar 31
SeriouslySense:
I think you should be careful to make opinions, of what Jesus intended, just read the whole bible, and let it speak for itself. smiley

But you have some point, it because the bible translations may confuse us.

The silence Paul was talking about was about the need for women to conduct themselves in an orderly way.

1 Corinthians 14:34-35 says

“Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.”
Jesus and Paul contradicting each other in the Bible lol
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by sheeda995(f): 2:33pm On Mar 31
jesusjnr2020:
Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection?

According to the Bible, it was a woman.

Mark 16:9-11 (KJV)

Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.
And she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept.
And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.

The woman's name was Mary Magdalene. She was the one Jesus first appeared to after His resurrection that He first sent to His church to deliver the message of His resurrection.

John 20:16-18 (KJV)

Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

So it was a woman who preached the first Gospel in the church after the resurrection of Jesus, and it was Jesus Himself who sent her to preach it there.

Therefore anytime you hear any idea, doctrine or teaching which says that the woman ought not to speak in the church but to be silent, know that it's not of Christ, because according to the Gospels and Bible, Christ clearly permitted a woman to speak in the church, as a woman was the first person He sent to to convey the message of His resurrection to the church after He had resurrected from the dead.

Moreover, if you see a woman preaching or speaking in a church, saying that Jesus had appeared to her and sent her to deliver a message to the church, do not see it as unusual just because it's a woman and not a man, as a woman was the first person Jesus appeared to after His resurrection and also the first He sent to preach the Gospel of His resurrection to the church.

Jesus even rebuked His church, which includes His first eleven disciples, for not believing the woman and the others He first sent to them with the Gospel of His resurrection before He physically appeared to them, to illustrate how important the message He sent her to deliver to the church was to Him.

Mark 16:14 (KJV)

Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

God bless.
The truth you don't want to accept is that Jesus and Paul contradicts each other. Either one of them is wrong or both of them is wrong or none of then never existed or the writer is lying
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:39pm On Mar 31
sheeda995:

The truth you don't want to accept is that Jesus and Paul contradicts each other. Either one of them is wrong or both of them is wrong or none of then never existed or the writer is lying
I already accepted the Truth that Jesus is always right, and any contrary teaching, idea, opinion, whether of Paul, yours, mine or anyone else is always erroneous and false.

You should too if you don't already.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by GreenCovering: 3:03pm On Mar 31
Qur'an 20:115
And indeed, We once made a covenant with Adam, but he forgot, and ˹so˺ We did not find determination in him.

In other words, prophet Adam (a.s.) 'forgot' to act with 'resoluteness' against the deceptions of shaytan through Hauwa his wife. After this incident, he repented and was eventually made a prophet of Allah Almighty. - tafsir maariful quran.

So I don't know how this counts as a point for the conclusion you are drawing.

Qur'an 7:143
When Moses came at the appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he asked, “My Lord! Reveal Yourself to me so I may see You.” Allah answered, “You cannot see Me! But look at the mountain. If it remains firm in its place, only then will you see Me.” When his Lord appeared to the mountain, He levelled it to dust and Moses collapsed unconscious. When he recovered, he cried, “Glory be to You! I turn to You in repentance and I am the first of the believers.”

Well this is self explanatory as prophet Moses (a.s.) witnessed first hand the power of Allah Almighty and proclaimed "I am first to believe" in apparent awe. This is what any overwhelmed person will say.
Again how does this even make a point for what you are saying?

Qur'an 2:132
This was the advice of Abraham—as well as Jacob—to his children, ˹saying˺, “Indeed, Allah has chosen for you this faith; so do not die except in ˹a state of full˺ submission.”

Again how is this relevant to your point?

Qur'an 39:12
And I am commanded to be the first of those who submit "to His Will."

Every human has been granted the power of free will. The prophets (alaihimussalam) sacrifice much of their free wills to act in line with the commandments of Allah Almighty while us laymen falter on this way too often. That is, why the prophets (alaihimussalam) are close to the angels in character. Here the holy prophet (s.a.w) says, I have been commanded to be the foremost of those who exercise this.
Again missed point for your conclusion.

See, it is not by drawing pictures up and down because you want control narrative in a public space, learn to get your facts right. I pity you and your likers.

Buhari4dullard:

Funny coming from someone that the quoran can't even make up its mind over who is the 1st Muslim.

Talk about a confused book🤣

Instead of you to tell us how Mary Magdalene got to Provence in France from Galilee and all the sensational details that followed, you want to derail the thread.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by NovusHomo(m): 3:15pm On Mar 31
jesusjnr2020:
Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection?

According to the Bible, it was a woman.

Mark 16:9-11 (KJV)

Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.
And she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept.
And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.

The woman's name was Mary Magdalene. She was the one Jesus first appeared to after His resurrection that He first sent to His church to deliver the message of His resurrection.

John 20:16-18 (KJV)

Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

So it was a woman who preached the first Gospel in the church after the resurrection of Jesus, and it was Jesus Himself who sent her to preach it there.

Therefore anytime you hear any idea, doctrine or teaching which says that the woman ought not to speak in the church but to be silent, know that it's not of Christ, because according to the Gospels and Bible, Christ clearly permitted a woman to speak in the church, as a woman was the first person He sent to to convey the message of His resurrection to the church after He had resurrected from the dead.

Moreover, if you see a woman preaching or speaking in a church, saying that Jesus had appeared to her and sent her to deliver a message to the church, do not see it as unusual just because it's a woman and not a man, as a woman was the first person Jesus appeared to after His resurrection and also the first He sent to preach the Gospel of His resurrection to the church.

Jesus even rebuked His church, which includes His first eleven disciples, for not believing the woman and the others He first sent to them with the Gospel of His resurrection before He physically appeared to them, to illustrate how important the message He sent her to deliver to the church was to Him.

Mark 16:14 (KJV)

Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

God bless.

No one. There was no jesus, so jesus did not die. if it did not die, then it could not have ressurected.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Escojesse: 3:26pm On Mar 31
Thank you father for being there for me and my family.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Chikel20000(m): 3:27pm On Mar 31
GreatAchiever1:

But were they disciples of Jesus that is, chosen by Jesus Christ himself to be His disciple?
we only heard about d names of d 12 disciples....we just heard from scriptures that he later appointed other 70....all I can say is that Christ disciples includes female too....

1 Like

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by GreatAchiever1: 3:50pm On Mar 31
Chikel20000:
we only heard about d names of d 12 disciples....we just heard from scriptures that he later appointed other 70....all I can say is that Christ disciples includes female too....

Based on assumptions.
Again disciples of Jesus and followers of Jesus are two different things. There is no evidence of a female disciple of Jesus in the bible, only followers or servants in the church.

1 Like

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Hanndye: 4:01pm On Mar 31
jesusjnr2020:
Your perception is erroneous and antichrist going by Christ teachings and exame. The building of the church was perfected by the death (and resurrection of Christ) of Christ, but was only confirmed on the day of Pentecost by the Holy Ghost.

The disciples are Christ's church so it's His church He sent the woman to preach His Gospel to after His resurrection.

Moreover the church is supposed to follow Jesus teachings and example not those of someone else.
After Ressuration Jesus still had to present His body to the Father - telling Mary not to touch Him. It was after this that He received the full authority which He in turn transferred to the Disciples, giving them the marching order.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:17pm On Mar 31
Hanndye:

After Ressuration Jesus still had to present His body to the Father - telling Mary not to touch Him. It was after this that He received the full authority which He in turn transferred to the Disciples, giving them the marching order.
So they weren't the church despite being the same set of people until Jesus gave them the so-called marching orders, then boom! All the rules suddenly changed and every instruction or teaching Jesus gave prior to that, including His appointment of disciples or apostles. They all became null and void because according to you, the church has not yet started. Oshe!
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Dbakre1: 5:31pm On Mar 31
Oga Paul (originally Saul) was ever a disciple of Jesus. As a matter of fact, him and Jesus never met apart from the 'road to Damascus story he told.
jesusjnr2020:
I never said Paul was not a true apostle of Christ, but that the instruction itself did not come from Christ, because Christ clearly permitted the woman to speak in His church as proven in the passage below.

John 20:17-18 (KJV)

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Hanndye: 6:08pm On Mar 31
jesusjnr2020:
So they weren't the church despite being the same set of people until Jesus gave them the so-called marching orders, then boom! All the rules suddenly changed and every instruction or teaching Jesus gave prior to that, including His appointment of disciples or apostles. They all became null and void because according to you, the church has not yet started. Oshe!
Hebrews 9:16-18
For where there is a will and testament involved, the death of the one who made it must be established, for a will and testament takes effect [only] at death, since it is never in force as long as the one who made it is alive.

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman. that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the. word of truth."
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:28pm On Mar 31
Hanndye:

Hebrews 9:16-18
For where there is a will and testament involved, the death of the one who made it must be established, for a will and testament takes effect [only] at death, since it is never in force as long as the one who made it is alive.

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman. that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the. word of truth."
You're the one wrongly dividing the Word, rejecting the example and teaching of Jesus, the Word of God, because you want to by all means defend a contrary and erroneous teaching in the name of "the church has not started yet." Are the church not meant to follow Jesus' teachings and example regardless?
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Gratitudes081(m): 6:38pm On Mar 31
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by SIRTee15: 11:35pm On Mar 31
Honestey:
"I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."

Jesus like we believe in Islam is a prophet of God and this is very confirmed by Jesus himself. Stop committing sin of equating him to God for Almighty God(Allah) has no equal. I pray on to you all to find your way into Islam and be true worshippers of Almighty Allah. Peace be on to you.

Become muslim so that I will now be bowing down to a stone?
Thanks but offer rejected. God hates idolatry and paganism.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by SIRTee15: 12:03am On Apr 01
Honestey:

Besides let's test the monotheistic claim in Islam.
Is the shin of Allah one with Allah?
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by tiswell(m): 2:35am On Apr 01
gohf:
I feel the prejudice is because while men were appointed to positions, Jesus didn't in our bible record appoint Mary to any office. 🤷🏿‍♂️ People even go as far as to deny that Paul mentions a female Apostle June or so
which one is female apostle again?
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by galantjoe(m): 4:03am On Apr 01
Mary Magdalene was Jesus mistress. There is some scholars called bloodline of Jesus meaning that Jesus and Mary Magdalene have children.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by PropertyBuying(f): 7:28am On Apr 01
Peter and Thomas 😊🤔🤷
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by sheeda995(f): 5:49pm On Apr 01
jesusjnr2020:
I already accepted the Truth that Jesus is always right, and any contrary teaching, idea, opinion, whether of Paul, yours, mine or anyone else is always erroneous and false.

You should too if you don't already.
What if Jesus is always right but the writer of the Bible is lying on Jesus or wrong?. Do you know the Bible was rewritten by the British? And was usually of political purpose? do you know if they lied or not?or say what Jesus didn't say? Tell me how you are sure the writers weren't lying on Jesus?
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by atheistconverta: 5:40am On Apr 02
Jokerman:

Pastor Lazarus Muoka..

Although I know you'd rubbish this, but as we all know, 'A prophet is not respected in his hometown'
Continue deceiving yourselves, you Paul-worshipping and women-hating antichrists in the order of the Pharisees. You haven't compared Lazarus Mouka to men as Julio Cesar Ruibal that God used to bring revival to Bolivia, who emerged from her ministry. I'm not even going to talk of Benny Hinn, who kept mentioning her name in his teachings and books, it's Kathryn Kulman the woman widely regarded as a God's general because of the rare degree of mighty works God used her to accomplish more than most men, that you want to compare to a man that is still yet to convince even Nigerian to be anything special in the respect of mighty works, despite all the loud noise being made by his members everyday about the testimonies shared in his church. God would continue using women as Kathryn Kulman to confound you women-haters who reject the teachings and examples of Jesus, so that you may embrace erroneous and denigrating teachings of men as apostle Paul about women that suit your women-hating tendencies.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Jokerman(m): 7:22am On Apr 02
atheistconverta:
Continue deceiving yourselves, you Paul-worshipping and women-hating antichrists in the order of the Pharisees. You haven't compared Lazarus Mouka to men as Julio Cesar Ruibal that God used to bring revival to Bolivia, who emerged from her ministry. I'm not even going to talk of Benny Hinn, who kept mentioning her name in his teachings and books, it's Kathryn Kulman the woman widely regarded as a God's general because of the rare degree of mighty works God used her to accomplish more than most men, that you want to compare to a man that is still yet to convince even Nigerian to be anything special in the respect of mighty works, despite all the loud noise being made by his members everyday about the testimonies shared in his church. God would continue using women as Kathryn Kulman to confound you women-haters who reject the teachings and examples of Jesus, so that you may embrace erroneous and denigrating teachings of men as apostle Paul about women that suit your women-hating tendencies.

I know Kathryn Kulman....and I don't hate women.

I respect women a lot. A lot...
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by atheistconverta: 9:02am On Apr 03
Jokerman:

I know Kathryn Kulman....and I don't hate women.

I respect women a lot. A lot...
For you to make such a blunderous statement about her, it must be bourne out of ignorance or anti-women sentiments. Did you know what God used her to do and the gravity of power that accompanied her despite being a woman? Go and read about her so you would stop making such ridiculous comments if you don't really know about her. As for respecting women, you obviously don't otherwise you wouldn't be making and supporting such demeaning and false claims and teachings about them as this of Paul, especially when you had been shown that it goes against the teaching and example of Christ. Just in case though you mistakenly did that, here's what Paul said again and compare with what Christ Himself said so that you can correct yourself, otherwise prove me right about your hatred for women and that your lord is indeed Paul and not Christ.
1 Corinthians 14:34-35
34 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. 35And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church." - Paul
"I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God." - Jesus
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by atheistconverta: 9:27am On Apr 03
GreatAchiever1:

Based on assumptions.
Again disciples of Jesus and followers of Jesus are two different things. There is no evidence of a female disciple of Jesus in the bible, only followers or servants in the church.
If his was based on assumptions why not show us where it was stated in the Bible that there was no woman among the 72 disciples appointed by Jesus to prove yours is not and you're not being a hypocrite? Btw, Acts 9:36 proves the bolded is false and only based on assumptions ironically, so you're the one being heretical here. Cc.Chikel20000
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by GreatAchiever1: 11:33am On Apr 03
atheistconverta:
If his was based on assumptions why not show us where it was stated in the Bible that there was no woman among the 72 disciples appointed by Jesus to prove yours is not and you're not being a hypocrite? Btw, Acts 9:36 proves the bolded is false and only based on assumptions ironically, so you're the one being heretical here. Cc.Chikel20000

No scriptural evidence definitively confirms whether the 72 were all males or if a female was present. However, I adhere to the belief that no female was among the 72, primarily due to the patriarchal norms of that era. The duties of the 72 involved traveling to various cities to perform apostolic work, although they weren't explicitly called apostles as Jesus hadn't yet died and resurrected before sending them. Additionally, historical Greek documents, like the "Seventy Apostles of Christ," while not authoritative, provide insight into the biblical era, yet they do not mention any women. The notion of a female among the 72 often arises from modern cultural interpretations influenced by feminism and women's authority, which diverge from the biblical context.
If women were indeed present among the 72, why would the epistles instruct women to learn in submission within the Church, as seen in 1 Corinthians? Additionally, why would passages in 1 Timothy and Titus specify that bishops or overseers should be husbands of only one wife given that some of the 72 would become bishops/overseer in the Church?

Nice one for pointing out Acts 9:36, I should say that is an oversight from me. While it doesn't explicitly state that she was chosen by Jesus, it aligns with the concept of discipleship, which traditionally denotes a pupil rather than a teacher. In the ancient religious context, disciples were followers of religious teachers. The bolded statement I made earlier was contradictory; indeed, a follower is a disciple, and vice versa. This parallels with the understanding that all Christians today are to be disciples of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by GreatAchiever1: 11:46am On Apr 03
atheistconverta:

1 Corinthians 14:34-35
34 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. 35And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church." - Paul
"I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God." - Jesus

What's with the idea of juxtaposing what the Apostle Paul said to what Jesus Christ said like as if they were talking about the same thing. You just brought passages in two different context to make a point, which doesn't correlate.
The first was about how Church should be conducted with men taking the full pastoral offices, the other is about witnessing to the resurrection of Christ.
How is this the same context to be used to prove a point?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Word For Today, 2015 - A Daily Devotional / What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul / Should We Use Hip-hop Or Fuji To Sing Choruses In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.