Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul (11092 Views)

What Shall It Profit You To Gain The Whole World And Lose Your Soul? / What Shall It Profit A Man If He Gains The Whole World And Lose His Own Soul. / Bishop Oyedepo On Bribery: I Will Make Sure You Lose Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:21am On Feb 20, 2022
What Shall It Profit You If You Gain The Whole Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul?

It begins with that one, right?

The one you thought was your one and only, the only one meant for you, that would immediately solve all your problems in life once you just had her, right?

The one you thought was all you needed in life, that would fill that void you felt inside of you, so if you just had her, you would automatically become complete and won't be needing anything else, right?

The one you would do anything for, cross all the mountains or oceans on Earth for, and even commit a crime just to have, because you believed you couldn't live or be able to survive without her as the air you breathed, right?

So your wishes finally came true, and after you had her for the first time, it was like hurray, fireworks and celebrations. You finally got what you so desperately desired and hence you felt satisfied and as though you're on top of the world.

Then you slept with her again, and it wasn't as satisfying as the first time but it's still okay.

But then you have her the third, fourth, fifth, sixth time, and you begin to feel like "hmm... Am I sure she's really the one and I didn't make a mistake?" You still feel the emptiness you had at first before you met her, so it seems she wasn't really able to fill up that void anyways, even though it seemed so at first.

And while contemplating what next to do with her, you looked out the window and saw another beautiful girl walking, and you'd be like, "that must be the real one" you were seeking. The one that would be able to achieve what you desired from the first one but which she couldn't give you.

And so you also do everything to have her as well and when you've finally done so, you initially feel good as with the first one, but after a while you begin to lose interest as well.

Then you see another pretty gal and you'd be like, "oh no, this must surely be the one that I was seeking all my life"..., however when you also succeed to have her as well, na still eyenikem disappointment after a while.

But you still don't give up but keep trying and trying, because you think despite failing with all your previous attempts, you'd eventually succeed and finally get that which you seek. That's how you'd have the fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eight, ninth, tenth, .... hundredth, and still counting, but na still the same final result. You still felt unsatisfied and empty inside eventually.

It appears that's how King Solomon started, trying to find the one and only who would quench that desire and thirst (lust) in him, but before he would know it, he already had over a thousand wives and concubines. Yet after he had consumed all his lust upon them, he still felt very empty and miserable inside as they all couldn't quench that lustful desire in him, that he had cry out and confess that "vanity upon vanity, all is vanity!" Ecclesiastes 12:8

But unfortunately, by the time he had realized this, it appeared too late, because while trying to satisfy his lustful desires with all those beautiful girls, a lot of things were damaged in the process, some beyond repair, and he had gotten too deep into it that he couldn't come out anymore, so he ended up a very miserable unfulfilled man filled with regrets.

So is that the same result you're still desperately seeking to achieve, and do you have to get to that same point he got to before you realized the same thing?

Jesus said:

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Mark 8:36 (KJV)

Despite that Solomon had a lot of possession and riches, including many (a thousand plus) wives and concubines, and was arguably the richest the world has ever known, but even at that he didn't have the whole world, yet according to Jesus, even if he had gained the whole world, it wouldn't be worth the loss of his soul.

That void in one's soul can never be filled by the whole world, including all the pretty women in it, that's why regardless of how many of them any man gains, he's still feel empty at the end.

That void can only be filled by God because He is the only One can truly complete any man and is what man needs to be complete that would him not to need anything else, so unless it's Him a man gains, every effort to fill the void would be "vanity upon vanity, all is vanity".

God bless.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 20, 2022
There is something infantile in the presumption that somebody else has a responsibility to give your life meaning and point… The truly adult view, by contrast, is that our life is as meaningful, as full and as wonderful as we choose to make it.

21 Likes

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by AntiChristian: 7:44am On Feb 20, 2022
Whoever is free of sin let him be the one to cast the first stone!

The above verse created the "freedom mentality" you guys suffer from now!

Caution a kid from fornication- are u also free from sin.

From Yahoo....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by CandyOps(m): 7:52am On Feb 20, 2022
Wait first... Are you low-key saying King Solomon (the wisest) isn't as smart as Bible makes him seem?

Because ayam not understanding

5 Likes

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:13am On Feb 20, 2022
CandyOps:
Wait first... Are you low-key saying King Solomon (the wisest) isn't as smart as Bible makes him seem?

Because ayam not understanding
He was wise at the beginning but ended up as foolish because true wisdom begins with the fear of God, and he lost that at the end.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by Jokerman(m): 8:19am On Feb 20, 2022
We will gain nothing....

God help us to always make the right decisions especially as regards to our lives after earth....

5 Likes

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:48am On Feb 20, 2022
Jokerman:
We will gain nothing....

God help us to always make the right decisions especially as regards to our lives after earth....
Amen!

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by Lemmy123(m): 10:07am On Feb 20, 2022
Eweeeeeey!

Make I tali true sha, pretty girls dey sweet sha... But you see that "lose your soul" part, na there issue dey.. I no go fit loose any soul like this, in short, the soul wey I get never reach me how much more to lose am..

Therefore, Pretty girls make una dey una dey, na better life I dey find now laidis grin

By the way, I'm available for your writing and design jobs, see my signature below, thanks

7 Likes

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by FactBoyz: 10:07am On Feb 20, 2022
sad
Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by jamexborn(m): 10:08am On Feb 20, 2022
"Vanity upon vanity, all is vanity"

3 Likes

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by specialmati(m): 10:08am On Feb 20, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin,so of all to lose ones soul for na girls,who is going to loose his soul because of beautiful girls that will jumb over to the next guy once you are no more. having beautiful girls around you is not worth you losing your soul for heaven na

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by Buliwyf: 10:08am On Feb 20, 2022
The pretty girls profit me. At least there is clear evidence of their existence.

If your god is half as real as those girls, your pastors won't be out chasing girls and sleeping with people's wives. They won't be afraid of death and walking around with 200 bodyguards or amassing wealth in a world they claim is not long for destruction. I wonder why someone who talks to a deity that is capable of showing him the wonders of the afterlife will still be afraid of losing his own fleeting life here.

So I guess the real question is what shall it profit you to lose the pretty girls and there is still no soul or afterlife as you imagined it?

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by CheapWebsite1: 10:08am On Feb 20, 2022
wink Nothing
Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by Houseofglam7(f): 10:09am On Feb 20, 2022
undecided
Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by dukia: 10:12am On Feb 20, 2022
Me ooo as I Dey like this I am ever focused and determined say no pussy this year cuz I won point and count my achievement . Day 51 of no fucking pussy 300 plus days to go may the lord help
Me …..Amen

5 Likes

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by nairalee(m): 10:12am On Feb 20, 2022
Also what shall it profit a man who gain no pretty lady and STILL loses his soul?

Is it not better to lose it for something pretty than something ugly? Cos face it, we all gonna lose our lives anyway

4 Likes

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 20, 2022
cheesy
Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by specialmati(m): 10:14am On Feb 20, 2022
Buliwyf:
The pretty girls profit me. At least there is clear evidence of their existence.

If your god is half as real as those girls, your pastors won't be out chasing girls and sleeping with people's wives. They won't be afraid of death and walking around with 200 bodyguards. I wonder why someone who talks to a deity that is capable of showing him the wonders of the afterlife will still be afraid of losing his own fleeting life here.

So I guess the real question is what shall it profit you to lose the pretty girls and there is still no soul or afterlife as you imagined it?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin continue in your world of foolishness whoever the gods want to kill they will first make him go mad.in the days of our fathers you deserve to be scarified to the gods for not believing that there is afterlife.you cant be wiser than your fathers.most of you thinks una created una self because you cant see God,keep fooling yourself and keep that foolish thought to yourself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by Prechgold1180(m): 10:15am On Feb 20, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
He was wise at the beginning but ended up as foolish because true wisdom begins with the fear of God, and he lost that at the end.
Oga keep quiet if u don’t know what to say

Solomon was not foolish

Read your bible you will notice that back then having ladies was not more of a big deal.

Almost everyone we call our fathers in the Bible
Had more than one woman to go with

Abraham had his wife’s maid
David had his servant killed just to get his wife
Samson we know the story
Solomon we know
Don’t know more about Joseph

2 Likes

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by Ewedegubbler: 10:16am On Feb 20, 2022
At least I enjoyed and have great time just like the pastors making huge money and having threesomes all over the place with beautiful women.. as for where my soul goes to, na God sabi
Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by Fidinno(m): 10:19am On Feb 20, 2022
at least until we get married
Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by LIONSABRE(m): 10:23am On Feb 20, 2022
it depends on how much you truly love a girl,some mistake lust for love,my girlfriend's pretty and i wouldn't trade her for any other girl in the world!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by Buliwyf: 10:23am On Feb 20, 2022
specialmati:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin continue in your world of foolishness whoever the gods want to kill they will first make him go mad.in the days of our fathers you deserve to be scarified to the gods for not believing that there is afterlife.you cant be wiser than your fathers.most of you thinks una created una self because you cant see God,keep fooling yourself and keep that foolish thought to yourself.

Dumb moronic nonsense. Maybe you can't be wiser than your fathers. But I can be wiser than them. You are obviously not very bright. If you think someone who lived in the village in 1901 is wiser than you, it's not my fault that you aren't evolved or intelligent. Your education is obviously a waste cheesy

14 Likes

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by moneyissweet(m): 10:23am On Feb 20, 2022
Is that supposed to be our problem now? Nonsense and stupid POST

3 Likes

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 20, 2022
true grin
lust is a destroyer of man angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by illicit(m): 10:28am On Feb 20, 2022
King Solomon was a woman wrapper

1 Like

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by funshow21: 10:28am On Feb 20, 2022
the truth is there is penalty for every wrong doing or harm, like i mean things done without moderation, we are all sinning!!

Meanwhile most of those saying this shit are busy cutting some fresh flowers in the garden...wait first let ask our Daddy in the Rod, what he has to say about this....

1 Like

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by specialmati(m): 10:31am On Feb 20, 2022
Buliwyf:

Dumb moronic nonsense. Maybe you can't be wiser than your fathers. But I can be wiser than them. You are obviously not very bright. If you think someone lived in the village in 1901 is wiser than you, it's not my fault that you aren't evolved or intelligent. Your education is obviously a waste cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin grin keep fooling yourself.its only a foolish man that says there is no God.you lack wisdom seek it.your fathers manufactured alot of things in their own days,things they live with but look at you with all you wisdom and education you cant boast of any single thing you manufactured or discovered with your own hands.you cant produce ordinary toothpick, broom ,nothing you be mumu to think you are wiser than your fathers.

2 Likes

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by nauto: 10:33am On Feb 20, 2022
There is no gain in pretty girls

You will lose your money

2 Likes

Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by Cutehector(m): 10:36am On Feb 20, 2022
Learn to keep your prick in check.
Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by drnoel: 10:36am On Feb 20, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
What Shall It Profit You If You Gain The Whole Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul?

It begins with that one, right?

The one you thought was your one and only, the only one meant for you, that would immediately solve all your problems in life once you just had her, right?

The one you thought was all you needed in life, that would fill that void you felt inside of you, so if you just had her, you would automatically become complete and won't be needing anything else, right?

The one you would do anything for, cross all the mountains or oceans on Earth for, and even commit a crime just to have, because you believed you couldn't live or be able to survive without her as the air you breathed, right?

So your wishes finally came true, and after you had her for the first time, it was like hurray, fireworks and celebrations. You finally got what you so desperately desired and hence you felt satisfied and as though you're on top of the world.

Then you slept with her again, and it wasn't as satisfying as the first time but it's still okay.

But then you have her the third, fourth, fifth, sixth time, and you begin to feel like "hmm... Am I sure she's really the one and I didn't make a mistake?" You still feel the emptiness you had at first before you met her, so it seems she wasn't really able to fill up that void anyways, even though it seemed so at first.

And while contemplating what next to do with her, you looked out the window and saw another beautiful girl walking, and you'd be like, "that must be the real one" you were seeking. The one that would be able to achieve what you desired from the first one but which she couldn't give you.

And so you also do everything to have her as well and when you've finally done so, you initially feel good as with the first one, but after a while you begin to lose interest as well.

Then you see another pretty gal and you'd be like, "oh no, this must surely be the one that I was seeking all my life"..., however when you also succeed to have her as well, na still eyenikem disappointment after a while.

But you still don't give up but keep trying and trying, because you think despite failing with all your previous attempts, you'd eventually succeed and finally get that which you seek. That's how you'd have the fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eight, ninth, tenth, .... hundredth, and still counting, but na still the same final result. You still felt unsatisfied and empty inside eventually.

It appears that's how King Solomon started, trying to find the one and only who would quench that desire and thirst (lust) in him, but before he would know it, he already had over a thousand wives and concubines. Yet after he had consumed all his lust upon them, he still felt very empty and miserable inside as they all couldn't quench that lustful desire in him, that he had cry out and confess that "vanity upon vanity, all is vanity!" Ecclesiastes 12:8

But unfortunately, by the time he had realized this, it appeared too late, because while trying to satisfy his lustful desires with all those beautiful girls, a lot of things were damaged in the process, some beyond repair, and he had gotten too deep into it that he couldn't come out anymore, so he ended up a very miserable unfulfilled man filled with regrets.

So is that the same result you're still desperately seeking to achieve, and do you have to get to that same point he got to before you realized the same thing?

Jesus said:

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Mark 8:36 (KJV)

Despite that Solomon had a lot of possession and riches, including many (a thousand plus) wives and concubines, and was arguably the richest the world has ever known, but even at that he didn't have the whole world, yet according to Jesus, even if he had gained the whole world, it wouldn't be worth the loss of his soul.

That void in one's soul can never be filled by the whole world, including all the pretty women in it, that's why regardless of how many of them any man gains, he's still feel empty at the end.

That void can only be filled by God because He is the only One can truly complete any man and is what man needs to be complete that would him not to need anything else, so unless it's Him a man gains, every effort to fill the void would be "vanity upon vanity, all is vanity".

God bless.

BS
Re: What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul by Blackdisciple(m): 10:38am On Feb 20, 2022
So you think the girls are the world What about the treasures of the earth.!

Your headlines is bleeped

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

God's Generals; The Story Of Smith Wigglesworth / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Says The Bible Does Not Say Anything About Tattoos False / Should We Use Hip-hop Or Fuji To Sing Choruses In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.