Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) (49052 Views)

The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience / Share Your First Picture of The New Year / Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by Bimpe29: 5:53pm On Apr 18, 2022
Even though, it's really durable and portable but the switch didn't last long.
Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by amkrocky: 6:09pm On Apr 18, 2022
Easyincome24:
It will amaze you that only few people have seen this torch before.

The common problems are the bulb, the face glass, the switch.

Flashlight.....
Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by aneka785(m): 6:49pm On Apr 18, 2022
The hiting , turning and to sun the batteries. many story sha
Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by Arian247(m): 6:59pm On Apr 18, 2022
Beremx:
Seriously? Omo, everybody turn technician for the torch matter. grin cheesy
smiley grin Thinking about it now I just want to chill with my favorite Okin biscuit and pito. How time flies
Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by Arian247(m): 7:02pm On Apr 18, 2022
Bimpe29:
Even though, it's really durable and portable but the switch didn't last long.
It did last only that it had a competitor, the plastic flashlight was less heavier and has different colors one can choose from smiley smiley
Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by Femi8586(m): 7:29pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jeon:
this [/s]touch[s]

cheesy

Torch undecided
Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by Jeon(f): 7:33pm On Apr 18, 2022
Femi8586:

Torch undecided
grin

2 Likes

Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by ceeceeco: 7:45pm On Apr 18, 2022
After Tiger battery, there came a battery called Flash.
Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by Beremx(f): 7:56pm On Apr 18, 2022
Arian247:

smiley grin Thinking about it now I just want to chill with my favorite Okin biscuit and pito. How time flies
Okin biscuit o! Essentially the shortcake biscuits. You remember Temitope biscuits? cheesy
Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 18, 2022
Okaayyy! Well, not to sound like a wet blanket, or a fun-spoiler, but I didn't get to experience all these stories most of you are recounting. Let's just say I didn't live that life.
And no, I'm not really an indomie generation person. Maybe just slightly.. is 27 generation indomie? Not really.
Of course, I know tiger head batteries. Who doesn't? Unless you lived under a rock growing up.
But I'm just hearing of " Berec " Never heard of it. Duracell was another childhood favorite.

Omo, this metal torchlight looks heavy. This is what students with tiny wrists had to carry back then, in this sufferhead country, especially given that there would have been frequent power outages in the 80s and early 90s. Naija kids done dey try for the longest time. I salute you guys! " Is nor easi "
Well, ajebo life didn't afford me this experience y'all seem to be smiling as you recall them. I'm kind of feeling jealous, but , it's past now, so I don't really feel it that much (since no one's uses them anymore...so it's not like I'm left out..shey u get?)
One even said he used it in the village to often illuminate the path of his village crush back in the day grin grin. Trips mehn!
I'm even sure some big city homes had these same torches well well. Some rich forks too... Naija rich peeps, some of them used to just do copy copy, or follow the herd. Few had distinct taste, back then. Even when they could afford better, they didn't still know better. Or money- miss-road kinda people.
But it served it purpose, which was to shine a light(in fact many lights grin) in the darkness of this our dear country to millions of homes back then, and that's all that matters, looking back at those years. Awww...I'm feeling the emotions some of u must be getting on this thread. Even though I never got the chance to experience it. cheesy
No one should come here an misunderstand my entire comment oh. Better read to understand, not to jump and mention my moniker with an attack. I said I didn't live that life, not that it was a bad life, or that I'm feeling porsh or different. I'm sure not everyone on this thread also got to live that sort of life. And this doesn't make us any better than you are. As a matter of fact, most of u who lived far less
affluent childhood lives than some of us did back then, are even more independent and even richer today than I, and others who might have missed out on those experiences.
Some of us done loose the silver spoon that we were born with. Gaskiya, it has even reached the level of aluminum spoon, not even bronze spoon. Hope u get da point now? If u don't, then I can't help you to.
Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by wasi9ice: 8:43pm On Apr 18, 2022
Yes na, whenever it seems to misbehave you slap it on your left palm and life will come back to it grin grin grin
Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by Acesexcell(m): 8:52pm On Apr 18, 2022
Good old days. I could remember combining two of this touch together making it 4battery. The brightness were awesome.
Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by sript: 9:03pm On Apr 18, 2022
Omooo.....we gat old folk on here, even me I'm not left out with the experience grin

Reading comments give me goosebumps and ecstasy wink...[left][/left]

Was literally rolling on the floor with intense laughter....

Funny funny experiences cheesy

Someone said ... He was the one who spoit his dad touch...he went on to say..HE WAS LUCKY HE DIDN'T DIE that night...this one got me

Omooo...ran out of breath laughinggrin

Another said ....the nylon use in rapping the Tigger head battery was so strong that... you need to see his Dad Face while trying to pull the battery out.. grin...

Nairaland get too much funny people...thats y anytime I'm having bad day i rush to nairaland...

Before I forget...mine was...

In the nineties, as children wey I be then, if u send us errand for night we must demand u give us the touch...even if nah Sokoto state u send us go, must reach there... Nah so we go just dey flash everywhere with the touch light...

On our way, we go branch our friends house so that make dem see us with the touch cool...some go even join us to wherever we go cheesy

Sometimes, we go flash some bigger broz wey dey toast girl,,we go nearly collect... cheesy

Kinda feeling old sha... growing up in the army barracks was too sweet..

1 Like

Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by bilulu(m): 9:30pm On Apr 18, 2022
illicit:

Nigeria was a problem for him shocked
how na, maybe because he wasn't posted to Lagos State on time for more egunje
Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by illicit(m): 9:34pm On Apr 18, 2022
bilulu:

how na, maybe because he wasn't posted to Lagos State on time for more egunje

Respect the dead pls

He served his country
Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by Honestfrend: 9:37pm On Apr 18, 2022
It doesn't last. The moment water touches it.. Na from that dey rusting go start.
Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by lascos912(m): 11:07pm On Apr 18, 2022
brain surgery tools
Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by Samdaresd(m): 11:21pm On Apr 18, 2022
Antimarraige:
who else puts one naira coin in theirs? I forgot what the coin was for back then but I remember we do put one naira coin in the battery compartment before closing it
correct
Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by farouk2much(m): 11:54pm On Apr 18, 2022
That time oyinbo peoples no finished school
Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by bilulu(m): 1:09am On Apr 19, 2022
illicit:

Respect the dead pls

He served his country
Oh may his soul rest in peace....

But hope he wasn't one of the bad eggs though
Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by Elimon(m): 12:24pm On Apr 19, 2022
Day169:
Would you believe that majority of those torch lights and light bulbs were brought in from Taiwan and not China?

Taiwan is a Chinese island
Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by Makaveli217(m): 11:14pm On Apr 21, 2022
I and my peeps used this torch to start our mini jet club back then, once it start that annoying partial contact, we'll all turn engineer trying to fix and repair.
I still have some of the bulbs.
Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by Psoul(m): 11:11am On Apr 22, 2022
Sekoni003:
Lol. Yellow bulb. You had to slap the shiii out of the bottom sometimes so it could work. Man I feel so old now grin

If you make mistake and reset the focal point, the light will just show wide ring of light either on the wall or ground without the light getting far too see what is ahead. You'll have to keep turning the front glass cover to see the torch again. Sometimes, this can take you do long before your success.

Sometimes when you get it at the right setting, you'll notice that the front cover is not yet right. You'll have to start all over again. It can be so frustrating.

1 Like

Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by NairaExpose: 9:48am On May 03, 2022
BegAt40:

shut th Bleep up you're just 22
James Arinze S.
Don't think we don't Know who you are.
Re: Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) by 900warriorz: 3:48pm On Aug 04, 2022
9182736455O1999:

Yes o, but sometimes it gets stiff, too strong and unable to press.
Bros you too like play abeg grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Married Person To Have A Celebrity Crush? / Man Impregnates And Weds His Sister In Anambra Church. Youths Burn Church / Check Out A Post Of How A Wife Dealt With Cheating Husband: cheaters learn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.