Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Is The VATICAN Named After A Goddess? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The VATICAN Named After A Goddess? (2443 Views)

Pope Francis Hosts Trans-Women & Eats Lunch With Them At The Vatican (Photos) / Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican / Nigerian Catholic Bishops Meet With Pope Francis At The Vatican. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The VATICAN Named After A Goddess? by Jokerman(m): 4:59pm On Apr 17, 2022
The Vatican is a symbol of Christianity. We are today so used to the name that we hardly think about how the Vatican got its name. The truth is that the name Vatican is neither Latin nor Greek and it cannot be traced to the Bible either.

The word we associate with the Church is closely linked to the Etruscan goddess Vatika. As you are about to find out, the name "Vatican" predates Christianity and is shrouded in mystery.

The Vatican City State was founded on February 11, 1929. Located in Rome, Italy, it is the world’s smallest independent country by both population and area. The city has a population of around 840 and an area of approximately 108 acres (44 hectares).

The Vatican is a symbol of the Roman Catholic faith and its power and influence on religious people cannot be denied and the Holy See’s authority extends over Catholics throughout the world.
The name Vatican is a true mystery. It has nothing to do with the Bible, Greek language, or Latin. Like many other Christian traditions and customs, the name we associate with the Church has a pagan origin.

More than twenty-eight centuries ago, and before the legendary founding of Rome by Romulus and Remus, there were people called the Etruscans.

About 3000 years ago, the Etruscans settled in a region of Central Italy was known as Etruria and they ruled the region of the Mediterranean before the rise of Rome.
The Etruscans did not bury their dead inside the walls of their cities. Instead, they built a large cemetery on a hillside slope outside of their ancient city in the area that later became the city of Rome.

Sadly, most of Etruscan literature and mythology have been lost, but we know that the guardian of this necropolis was the Etruscan goddess Vatika (sometimes spelled Vatica). She was the goddess of the Underworld and it was her duty to keep a watching eye on those who had passed away.

The Etruscans believed in an afterlife but our knowledge about it is derived mainly from images and artifacts discovered inside their tombs. It seems that the Etruscan’s beliefs about the afterlife were similar to those of ancient Egyptians. Treatment of the deceased's remains was important for survival and a successful journey to the next life.

Vanth, an Etruscan death daemon and servant of Charun (Greek Cheiron), lord of the Underworld was often depicted on urns that held the ashes of cremated bodies. Vanth was usually depicted with wings and had bearded snakes entwined around her arms. According to Etruscan mythology, Vanth was present from the moment of death until entry into the Underworld.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ancientpages.com/2020/06/06/name-vatican-etruscan-goddess-vatika-underworld-connection/amp/

3 Likes

Re: Is The VATICAN Named After A Goddess? by Jokerman(m): 5:00pm On Apr 17, 2022
Hopefully the goddess isn't the one disguising as Mary, Queen of Heaven

5 Likes

Re: Is The VATICAN Named After A Goddess? by advanceDNA: 5:04pm On Apr 17, 2022
Jokerman:
The Vatican is a symbol of Christianity. We are today so used to the name that we hardly think about how the Vatican got its name. The truth is that the name Vatican is neither Latin nor Greek and it cannot be traced to the Bible either.

The word we associate with the Church is closely linked to the Etruscan goddess Vatika. As you are about to find out, the name "Vatican" predates Christianity and is shrouded in mystery.

The Vatican City State was founded on February 11, 1929. Located in Rome, Italy, it is the world’s smallest independent country by both population and area. The city has a population of around 840 and an area of approximately 108 acres (44 hectares).

The Vatican is a symbol of the Roman Catholic faith and its power and influence on religious people cannot be denied and the Holy See’s authority extends over Catholics throughout the world.
The name Vatican is a true mystery. It has nothing to do with the Bible, Greek language, or Latin. Like many other Christian traditions and customs, the name we associate with the Church has a pagan origin.

More than twenty-eight centuries ago, and before the legendary founding of Rome by Romulus and Remus, there were people called the Etruscans.

About 3000 years ago, the Etruscans settled in a region of Central Italy was known as Etruria and they ruled the region of the Mediterranean before the rise of Rome.
The Etruscans did not bury their dead inside the walls of their cities. Instead, they built a large cemetery on a hillside slope outside of their ancient city in the area that later became the city of Rome.

Sadly, most of Etruscan literature and mythology have been lost, but we know that the guardian of this necropolis was the Etruscan goddess Vatika (sometimes spelled Vatica). She was the goddess of the Underworld and it was her duty to keep a watching eye on those who had passed away.

The Etruscans believed in an afterlife but our knowledge about it is derived mainly from images and artifacts discovered inside their tombs. It seems that the Etruscan’s beliefs about the afterlife were similar to those of ancient Egyptians. Treatment of the deceased's remains was important for survival and a successful journey to the next life.

Vanth, an Etruscan death daemon and servant of Charun (Greek Cheiron), lord of the Underworld was often depicted on urns that held the ashes of cremated bodies. Vanth was usually depicted with wings and had bearded snakes entwined around her arms. According to Etruscan mythology, Vanth was present from the moment of death until entry into the Underworld.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ancientpages.com/2020/06/06/name-vatican-etruscan-goddess-vatika-underworld-connection/amp/

VATICAN is not a symbol of Christianity ... its the symbol of the roman Catholics... u even said that yourself it's not anywhere is the bible.

2 Likes

Re: Is The VATICAN Named After A Goddess? by oz4real83(m): 5:05pm On Apr 17, 2022
You have already answered the question in the post,it is a symbol of Roman Catholicism, not Christianity. Most Roman and Greek cities are named after their heros, gods and goddesses which predate Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Is The VATICAN Named After A Goddess? by shadeze: 5:11pm On Apr 17, 2022
Vatican is just another vile and corrupt entity masquerading behind religion to brainwash people while committing all manner of abominable acts.

1 Like

Re: Is The VATICAN Named After A Goddess? by illicit(m): 5:19pm On Apr 17, 2022
undecided
Re: Is The VATICAN Named After A Goddess? by sonmvayina(m): 5:29pm On Apr 17, 2022
Inspite of what people want to belief and accept. The Vatican is still the head quarters of Christianity on planet earth. They gave the world the so called new testament. So as long as you believe the new testament you are one of them...in respective of your iteration..

Vatican is Christianity
Christianity is Vatican..

The pope still set the date for Easter and other Christian holiday...
I

2 Likes

Re: Is The VATICAN Named After A Goddess? by Jokerman(m): 5:46pm On Apr 17, 2022
sonmvayina:
Inspite of what people want to belief and accept. The Vatican is still the head quarters of Christianity on planet earth. They gave the world the so called new testament. So as long as you believe the new testament you are one of them...in respective of your iteration..

Vatican is Christianity
Christianity is Vatican..

The pope still set the date for Easter and other Christian holiday...
I

Seems Vatika is a fallen angel my brother... Remember Easter was the pagan worship of the goddess ishter, who is also Isis, Athena, who is also know as Queen of heaven...... who is also associated with serpent (worship of the devil)

1 Like

Re: Is The VATICAN Named After A Goddess? by Kenneth4u205(m): 7:16pm On Apr 17, 2022
Foolish op . The origin of the name doesn't matter . The Bible called Jesus lucifer many times . The Bible also referred to satan as lucifer in few occasions. So the name itself doesn't matter. What matters is who is in your mind when you mention that name ?.

There are many white people that answer Jesus . Even my neighbours name is Jesus . So when I pray in Jesus name ,am I praying to my neighbour?. What matters is who is in your mind when you mention the name Jesus .

If pagan is in your mind when you mention Vatican,then it becomes that to you . If the office of pope is in your mind when you mention Vatican,then it becomes that to you
Re: Is The VATICAN Named After A Goddess? by Maynman: 7:20pm On Apr 17, 2022
Kenneth4u205:
Foolish op . The origin of the name doesn't matter . The Bible called Jesus lucifer many times . The Bible also referred to satan as lucifer in few occasions. So the name itself doesn't matter. What matters is who is in your mind when you mention that name ?.

There are many white people that answer Jesus . Even my neighbours name is Jesus . So when I pray in Jesus name ,am I praying to my neighbour?. What matters is who is in your mind when you mention the name Jesus .

If pagan is in your mind when you mention Vatican,then it becomes that to you . If the office of pope is in your mind when you mention Vatican,then it becomes that to you

The origin of a name matters when you are trying to make sense. If the “Bible” was called a derogatory name before now you won’t be interested in it.

1 Like

Re: Is The VATICAN Named After A Goddess? by sonmvayina(m): 7:56pm On Apr 17, 2022
Jokerman:

Seems Vatika is a fallen angel my brother... Remember Easter was the pagan worship of the goddess ishter, who is also Isis, Athena, who is also know as Queen of heaven...... who is also associated with serpent (worship of the devil)

There are no such thing like fallen angels. There are two sides to God. The right side and the left side. The right side contain good Gods and the left side the not so good god(purely from human stand point) but all in all they are all referred to as the sons of God.
They have always been gods and goddesses for balance. Nothing in the myths says they are fallen or evil..their purpose is for Balance...
Re: Is The VATICAN Named After A Goddess? by Jokerman(m): 11:53am On Apr 18, 2022
So why didn't the pontiff change the name, and why are they praying through a woman (Queen of heaven) in the form of Mary?
Re: Is The VATICAN Named After A Goddess? by oz4real83(m): 2:00pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jokerman:
So why didn't the pontiff change the name, and why are they praying through a woman (Queen of heaven) in the form of Mary?
'CHRISTIANS' don't pray through MARY, only ROMAN-CATHOLICS do so.

1 Like

Re: Is The VATICAN Named After A Goddess? by Jokerman(m): 8:15am On Apr 24, 2022
Insight

1 Like

Re: Is The VATICAN Named After A Goddess? by thatsleepboy1: 9:12am On Apr 24, 2022
I'm a Catholic but make i no talk cos if I talk wetin i know, typical Catholics no fey like hear the truth and op i really salute your courage here. I've known this a long time ago. The Catholic church is a big end time player and pple don't know.

Daniel: 7. 25. And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

This above passage is about the Catholic church. Like the above passage, they changed the times and seasons, and also changed the worship days which is on Saturday. That's why MFM and Seventh Day Adventist are on the right path and course but the former has to change their worship days to Saturday against Sunday.
Exodus: 20. 8. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10. But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11. For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
We all know that the week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday but we've been deceived to believe the week start on Monday and ends on Sunday, this is a big foul.

Now also ponder on this passages below.
Matthew: 5. 19. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
James: 2. 10. For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

This means that if you break one of the laws, you've broken the whole law. I have article about this to post here but time has not permitted me to do so, i go still do am.

They brought idolatry into the church. Now ponder on this passage below.
Exodus: 20. 4. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me.

May God have mercy on us.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church / See How Religion Addles The Mind! / Covenant University: A Xtian University Shying Away From Theological Education?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.