Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp (6349 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / How Do I Install Windows 7 And Xp In One Laptop / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by deco2come: 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2011
I am planning to upgrade my XP machine to Window 7. I am afraid of having limited software necessary for my work. In what area is Window 7 better when compared to Vista and XP?
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by femi4: 8:38pm On Jul 07, 2011
Window 7 is wat I will call adv window xp cos it loads quickly just like xp,better vga wen compare to xp,allows application like yf which xp does not support,it also have the quickest OS reinstallation,better screen saver wen compare to xp,some vista drivers perfoms well on win7 wen installed in a compatibility mode.Finally,all softwares that runs on xp and vista now has win7 compatible version.Let it be known that win vista is a pure crap!
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by deco2come: 12:58am On Jul 08, 2011
femi4:

Window 7 is wat I will call adv window xp cos it loads quickly just like xp,better vga wen compare to xp,allows application like yf which xp does not support,it also have the quickest OS reinstallation,better screen saver wen compare to xp,some vista drivers perfoms well on win7 wen installed in a compatibility mode.Finally,all softwares that runs on xp and vista now has win7 compatible version.Let it be known that win vista is a pure crap!

Please can you tell me why you think that Vista is a pure crap? What weakness does Vista has? In what area has it failed?
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by femi4: 7:38am On Jul 08, 2011
Win vista is a process,a momentary stop-over for microsoft wen moving from xp to win 7. Flaws of vista includes:Blutooth driver and Os get easily corrupted.It has the heaviest OS size,thus re installing the OS takes time,slows down internet speed,boot time period can take 4eva depending on the size of your hdd.Finally,vista crack is not likely to work well wen compared to win7/win xp crack
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by Mobinga: 10:02am On Jul 08, 2011
Just get Windows 7. Advise.
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by Wilfem(m): 10:56am On Jul 08, 2011
Mobinga:

I second the motion. Windows 7 is arguably the best and the latest Operating System for now. For me, Vista is a complete crap like someone has stated earlier on above. Don;t even delay yourself in upgrading your pc to Win 7.
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by aieromon(m): 12:52pm On Jul 08, 2011
XP and 7 rule!!!
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by femi4: 4:28pm On Jul 08, 2011
Mobinga:

That's the best so far from microsoft.Enjoy!
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by doziej84: 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2011
HW DO I GET WINDOWS 7. IVE VISTA AND WOULD WANT TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 7.
SEEMS THERE ARE VARIOUS VERSIONS, WHICH IS THE BEST.

KINDLY ADVISE.

THNKS.
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by pafectlink(m): 7:41am On Jul 11, 2011
doziej84:

KINDLY ADVISE.

THNKS.
Go to any computer shop n ask for it. or see a computer wizard to do the installation for u cos from your write up you are a complete computer dummy  grin grin grin grin
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by femi4: 11:04am On Jul 11, 2011
doziej84:

KINDLY ADVISE.

THNKS.
Window 7 ultimate is the best, get a good computer guru to do that for you
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by doziej84: 4:06pm On Jul 11, 2011
femi4:

Window 7 ultimate is the best, get a good computer guru to do that for you

PLS ANY IDEA HW MUCH IT COSTS.

THANKS
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by denzel2009: 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2011
You can actually run Windows XP within Windows 7. Windows Vista is one of worst OS ever; it hog resources, slow start up, incompatibility with most programs etc.
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by DayTrader: 2:56pm On Nov 29, 2011
PLS ANY IDEA HW MUCH IT COSTS.

I am sorry but such questions kill me, the time u spent writing this here is more than you would have spent by googling the words Windows 7 and on the very first page u would have your answer.
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by stepo707: 3:17pm On Nov 29, 2011
Just curious! where are the 10 reasons why windows 7 is better than vista and xp?
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by jimctu: 3:48pm On Nov 29, 2011
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by purplekayc(m): 3:58pm On Nov 29, 2011
its vise versa i prefer xp tongue tongue tongue
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by uyai(f): 4:01pm On Nov 29, 2011
why windows 7, windows 8 is out for a while now.
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by omo9ja1(m): 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2011
Windows 7 use less resources and its more user friendly than XP or Vista I don't mind XP but windows vista was a disaster but one good thing about windows vista security wise is more better than windows 7 and XP seems the person that design the OS is in to security and because of the lapse in security with XP so Microsoft thought Vista will be goodsmiley

I will use windows 7 or XP
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by Demdem(m): 4:39pm On Nov 29, 2011
Upgrading from XP isnt even in my agenda for now. I bought the laptop with Vista and downgraded it to XP.
Really have quite a lot of CRACK softwares tongue tongue on it that i fear may not work if i am to upgrade to 7.
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by aletheia(m): 4:41pm On Nov 29, 2011
Why Windows? Try Linux --- Ubuntu 11.10 or Linux Mint 12. grin grin grin
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by Trac: 5:25pm On Nov 29, 2011
You cannot conclude on OS's by mere emotions, eye-candies and marketing.

To those who claim W7 is faster than XP are nothing far from wrong. You have to examine from the kernel itself. The footprint XP requires is a lot smaller to the large footprint Vista requires. How would Vista be faster than the other that requires less resource to completely operate? Look at the kernel and come up with an explanation; there isn't. The reason why it boots quicker than XP is because part of the kernel is loaded and in use, the rests of the required are loaded. Overall, it is slower. You will have to match like-for-like. To get Vista to mask its hog, we need an 1155 socket or 2011 to get something comparable to what XP would do far lower sockets.

Vista and W7 are one of a kind, "flesh of flesh." Vista is NT6.0 and W7 is NT6.1; same kernel - same stroke. One isn't faster than the other but with different resource handling. Though the technology W7 offers over XP is tremendous, very few are keen to that area (gaming).

Anybody planning to upgrade at this point should place it on hold because Windows 8 would be released in about a year from now. I currently run the Windows 8 Developers Preview and it is a justifiable upgrade from XP. I do not like the metro, the Explorer UI from W7 and the integration of social networking but it is a good compromise. It's footprint is a lot smaller than NT6 and it is the only operating system besides XP that runs with agility and does not need the huge resource that Vista/7 requires. It is stable resource managements and priorities are handled the way OS X 10.7 does (just not as good, no where as refined and lacks the finesse). This is the first of Windows that is newer and did not require more computing power to run.
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by Ekiti1: 5:52pm On Nov 29, 2011
Most times, windows 7 doesnt have drivers issues. It installed all the drivers on ma HP laptop automtically unlike vista/xp.
On the issue of sofware compatibility, most of the sofwares I use on xp also works on win7, even microsoft VB. Just get an engineer to install the 32 bit windows 7 for u. Ur softwares and cracks will work fine.
The only problem I av with win7 is that I cant change/spoof my MAC add unlike xp. Will soon find a solution to that tho.
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 29, 2011
Whats the diff btw a 1999 camry and a 2012 camry?

anyone who is still on xp is just a . . .

anyway, if want to use a dead os, np
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by phiszo(m): 7:52pm On Nov 29, 2011
Windows vista is d best grin
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by LordReed(m): 8:07pm On Nov 29, 2011
I wish I could list out 10 reasons why Win7 is better than xp. I triple booted xp, Vista x64 and Win7 on my laptop because my laptop came with Vista x64 and I needed a 32bit OS. The XP was my main games arena while the Vista was for business but when I put the Win7 on I switched nearly all my attention to Win7. Driver support for xp is dying so many newer drivers are leaving it behind or leaving features out.

I can tell you that upgrading to Win7 is a very good choice. If you still doubt dual boot Xp and Win 7 and test them out.
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by samyng(m): 8:32pm On Nov 29, 2011
Hope You have enough memory to update ur pc to win7 from XP. This is becos it uses more memory than XP, NOTE
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by muyoto: 9:59pm On Nov 29, 2011
oyb:

Whats the diff btw a 1999 camry and a 2012 camry?

anyone who is still on xp is just a . . .

KILLER!!  grin grin

W7 has lots of neat toys, relatively easy on resoucres, cute inteface, bootin time considerable shorter. . .etc

Vista is deemed almost universally a failure. no need wasting time with it.
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by FEMARY1: 10:31pm On Nov 29, 2011
Please gurus in the house ,help.I have a laptop running windows 7 on my network.The network printer is connected to a PC with windows XP.I tried installing the network printer on the windows 7 laptop to no avail.It keeps telling me driver problem.Please whats the way out?Thanks.

Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by yuboy: 1:54am On Nov 30, 2011
hey men i use window 7 but i expereince a very serious vga problem because my viga pixel is 64mb and my system needs 128mb pixels 2 run so wen i play game at times it do hang my system put my former vista never does 4 me 2 me i balieve vista iis best in terms of perfomance wile win 7 is best in terms of apperance is dat understood, i wish i got time 2 change back 2 vista, kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by femi4: 6:02am On Nov 30, 2011
FEMARY1:

Please gurus in the house ,help.I have a laptop running windows 7 on my network.The network printer is connected to a PC with windows XP.I tried installing the network printer on the windows 7 laptop to no avail.It keeps telling me driver problem.Please whats the way out?Thanks.
check online for window 7 compatible driver

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Apple Ipad Mini Is Being Unveiled As I Type / Share & Request Thread / Clean Apple Macbook Pro Core I5, 8GB Ram 500gb Hdd 7hours Backup At Cheap Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.