Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,188 members, 7,839,041 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp (6353 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / How Do I Install Windows 7 And Xp In One Laptop / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by saviola77(m): 8:33am On Nov 30, 2011
Lord_Reed:

I wish I could list out 10 reasons why Win7 is better than xp. I triple booted xp, Vista x64 and Win7 on my laptop because my laptop came with Vista x64 and I needed a 32bit OS. The XP was my main games arena while the Vista was for business but when I put the Win7 on I switched nearly all my attention to Win7. Driver support for xp is dying so many newer drivers are leaving it behind or leaving features out.

I can tell you that upgrading to Win7 is a very good choice. If you still doubt dual boot Xp and Win 7 and test them out.
And it will finally be laid to rest in April of 2014. wink
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 30, 2011
If am to upgrade my system from Vista to Wins 7, i hope that i wouldn't need to start installing the drivers from their website? I Make use of an HP DV series,
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by Trac: 7:55pm On Nov 30, 2011
oyb:

Whats the diff btw a 1999 camry and a 2012 camry?

anyone who is still on xp is just a . . .

anyway, if want to use a dead os, np

There is no difference in both cars with the exception that the 2012 is a cheaper model with more "appliances" than its 1999 ancestor. Both cars yield poor car-to-driver communication and unemotional.

Anyone who is still on XP is a what? You should've completed it and the rebuttal would have been more streamlined smiley cheesy tongue

Fact is that you are not a better person because you use a Microsoft product. You don't climb the social ladder by virtue of what you can buy. Critically and analytically examine a product or principle and draw your conclusions based on what it is not what emotions yield. I use XP x64. Recently, I frequently use the 32 bit version. I have Vista and upgraded to W7. No difference, same kernel and more compatibility for the latter. It picks up dust where it is seated and it is seldom used. I have OS X Lion (Macintosh) as well. A total of 7 computers are in my possession and also a power user. For menial browsing and listening to my music or DVD-authoring, I use OS X. For engineering research and product design, I use XP. Some of my simulations run for days and I need every computing power available. Computers for me has never been a social thing. It always meant work or a tool to get things done. Besides professional edification, I have no business with Windows. Besides enterprise or enterprise-like software and computing, it offers no real benefit. To those using their systems for facebook and other disgrace networking site, W7 is the best thing to be offered to them. W7 is just a bloated XP and it is also not properly done. If anyone needs eye-candies and other bells and whistles that work, get a Mac or Linux. They work well and not the crappy performance Windows offers.
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 01, 2011
Windows Vista almost grounded my Dell Laptop.

Now am on Windows 7. I regreted ignoring an early advice to upgrade to W7 when i just landed the Laptop.
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by denzel2009: 7:45pm On Dec 01, 2011
Ijogz K:

If am to upgrade my system from Vista to Wins 7, i hope that i wouldn't need to start installing the drivers from their website? I Make use of an HP DV series,

The best way to have your drivers and files intact is to upgrade. Windows 7 will migrate everything from vista but you have to know the upgrade paths.
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by purplekayc(m): 10:43pm On Dec 24, 2011
I hate both
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 25, 2011
Ijogz K:

when you click on "my computer" there's a folder called setup, it cotains all your drivers. copy out that folder, you may need it after you upgrade to win7.

if you still have your recovery partition on your hard disk and everything goes wrong in the end. reboot your system and hit F11 (for HP recovery mode)
Re: Ten Reasons Why You Prefer Window 7 To Vista And Xp by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 25, 2011
honestly i see no problems with Vista, 78% of ppl bashing vista are just following "crowd mentality" Vista only requires more powerful machines for smooth operations

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Apple Ipad Mini Is Being Unveiled As I Type / Mint Hp Zbook Workstation Corei7 6th Gen/ 16 GB Ram / 512 SSD/ SOLD SOLD SOLD / Share & Request Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.