Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

“why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode (3755 Views)

2023: Why Presidency Should Return To Northern Nigeria – Fani-Kayode / If My Mother Is Igbo, Can I Claim And Contest For Governorship In Her State / Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by jamjo: 8:34pm On Apr 20, 2022
Akponmfet:
Who told you that I want to live in the same country with you?
I would be very happy if you leave,I'm tired of you people depending on our oil,I am also tired of seeing Biafrans in my state doing crime as usual. Once you have your Biafra we will send all of you home and cancel your visa.

Oil, Oil, and Oil, with all your oil, can you please tell me what are your achievements, Dubai of Africa? I laugh in Swahili
Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by adekolaelect(m): 8:45pm On Apr 20, 2022
Many unconditional Igbo presidency beggers forget that political party can only nominate candidates while is left to Nigerians to vote who they like!!! Who will vote Igbo as president when they have take pride and frustrations to make everybody as their enemies in nigeria.pls use your sense before you quote me.

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by sirp9898(m): 8:51pm On Apr 20, 2022
ArewaNorth:

President of Igbo extraction is always rejected not just because of who to control as u allege or who can't be controlled. Presidency in Nigeria is all about trust, fairness and justice.
OBJ, GEJ and PMB were/are never controlled by any group of people. Do u really know how powerful is that seat? Nobody can even think of dictatung someone on that seat, it is too mighty for that game.When GEJ was President he made this appointments:

1. SGF: Anyim Pius Anyim.
2. DG, DSS: Ita Ekpenyong.
3. CBN: Sanusi Lamido Sanusi(Replaced with Godwin Emefiele)
4. COS: Mike Oghiadomhe.
5. Acct Gen. Fed: Jonah Ofunia.
6. Chief of Army Staff: Azuibike Ihejirika.
7.NIMET; Anthony Anuforom.
8. NNPC: Andrew Yakubu.
9.NIMASA: Patrick Apobolokemi.
10. PENCOM: Chinelo Amazu.
11. FERMA: Chukwu Amuchi.
12. DPR: George Osahon.
13: BOI: Evelyn Oputu.
14. Nig Content Dev. Agency: Ernest Nwampa.
15: CPA: Dupe Atoki.
16. NCC: Eugene Juwa.
17. NAMA: Nnamdi Udoh.
18: NCAA: Engr Akikuotu.
19.FAAN: George Uriesi.
20. NCAT: Capt Chinere Kali.
21. SEC: Aruma Otteh
22. Sovereign Wealth fund: Uche Orji.
23.NAFDAC: Paul Orhii.
24. FIIRO: Mrs G N Elemo.
25.Maritime Agency: Joshua Ekpo.
26: NRC: Seyi Sijuade.
27.Nig Tourism Dev Corp: Sally Nbanefor
28. Budget Office:
Bright Okogwu.
29. NERDC: Godswill Obioma.
30. NEXIM: R R Oriya.
31. SON: Joseph Odumodu.
32. NBC: Emeka Nkem MBA.
33. ITF: Longmas Wapmuk.
34. NUC: Prof Okojie
35. NESREA: N. S Benebo
36.MDG Office: Precious Gbenro.
37. Surveyor Gen.: Peter Chigozie
38. Statistician : Yemi Kale.
39. Acct Gen Fed: Jonah Otunla.
40. Auditor Gen Fed.: Samuel Yonongo.
41. NOA: Mike Omieri.
42. NAN: Oluremi Oyo.
43. NEPC: David Odelugba.
44. Emeka Eze.
45. IGP Police: Solomon Arase.
Etc.

GEJ'S SERVICE CHIEFS WERE:
1. Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshall Alex Badeh; 2. Chief of Army Staff, Major General Kenneth Minimah;
3. Chief of Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Usman Jibrin; and
4. Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshall Adesola Amosu and u still think that others controlled him? Think again.
The event of 1966 was the main reasons why Igbo will hardly be trusted with power anytime sooner because when Tafawa Balewa was Prime Minister of Nigeria;
Chief of Army Staff was from SE
Chief of Naval Staff was from SE
IG of Police was from SE
Chief of Defence Staff was from SE
Internal Affairs Minister SE
External Affairs Minister SE
Education Minister South SE
Many other key ministries to SE
Parliament President SE
Unilag VC from SE
The University of Ibadan VC from SE
North resisted same at ABU!
Still, there was dissatisfaction by SE, the officers from the region killed this same Balewa!!!!
Out of all the most senior officers in Nigeria, SE has 37, none was killed. 8 from the north, all of them were killed. 10 from the west, 2 were killed.
To make it worse, Ironsi imposed a unitary system of government on the country so that everything can belong to a region who snatched it and let the coupist left unpunished. Honestly, those officers set a bad precedent to the entire Igbo despite having handful of good people who are capable of making this country better if given chance to rule.
l

So all this past and unreasonable answers is y we are all suffering because of one section of the country not partake to rule the country keep thinking and doing same things and expect difrent things it wont WK
Change your mentality mindset
Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by Newton2024: 9:00pm On Apr 20, 2022
perez100:
Am Igbo and I think Fani Kayode is 100% right. I like people that speaks the way it is. The reason why many tribes are saying Igbo cannot rule Nigeria is "fear". They are 100% afraid of the strong and wise men in the East. I have been hearing from them that Igbo cannot rule Nigeria when I was in Primary School. I tried to ask them why, but no reasonable answer. Let me tell them, I will do times 1000 of what Nnamdi Kanu did if they think Igbo cannot rule Nigeria. Such plot will be disastrous to Nigeria as a country in the future. Destroy such plot in your minds and Nigeria will be better for everybody. We are just postponing the evil days that must surely come unless we kill such plot.

They prefer those people they think they can control so that they can do to them what they did to Jonathan.

If Nigerians want Nigeria to be great once again - Igbo man becoming President is the answer. Or everybody will continue to cry while Nigerians will keep bleeding. It is your choice.
Can you explain further @ the bolded? What if Igbos were not part of Nigeria?
Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by Emergingnation3(m): 9:00pm On Apr 20, 2022
Akponmfet:
Point of correction-we are not afraid of the strong and wise men of the East,rather- we are afraid of handing over power to a group of people that are mostly criminals and armed robbers
We don't trust you because you're all thieves.
Says inferiority complex stunts.✓. You can't trust your Imaginery thief,yet you are still forcing them to share thesame country with you, even when they insisting of having a sperate country.

Continue ruling yourself forever,Igbo will as a matter of fact rule themselves as mush as they want in Biafra republic..
Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by Newton2024: 9:03pm On Apr 20, 2022
ArewaNorth:

President of Igbo extraction is always rejected not just because of who to control as u allege or who can't be controlled. Presidency in Nigeria is all about trust, fairness and justice.
OBJ, GEJ and PMB were/are never controlled by any group of people. Do u really know how powerful is that seat? Nobody can even think of dictatung someone on that seat, it is too mighty for that game.When GEJ was President he made this appointments:

1. SGF: Anyim Pius Anyim.
2. DG, DSS: Ita Ekpenyong.
3. CBN: Sanusi Lamido Sanusi(Replaced with Godwin Emefiele)
4. COS: Mike Oghiadomhe.
5. Acct Gen. Fed: Jonah Ofunia.
6. Chief of Army Staff: Azuibike Ihejirika.
7.NIMET; Anthony Anuforom.
8. NNPC: Andrew Yakubu.
9.NIMASA: Patrick Apobolokemi.
10. PENCOM: Chinelo Amazu.
11. FERMA: Chukwu Amuchi.
12. DPR: George Osahon.
13: BOI: Evelyn Oputu.
14. Nig Content Dev. Agency: Ernest Nwampa.
15: CPA: Dupe Atoki.
16. NCC: Eugene Juwa.
17. NAMA: Nnamdi Udoh.
18: NCAA: Engr Akikuotu.
19.FAAN: George Uriesi.
20. NCAT: Capt Chinere Kali.
21. SEC: Aruma Otteh
22. Sovereign Wealth fund: Uche Orji.
23.NAFDAC: Paul Orhii.
24. FIIRO: Mrs G N Elemo.
25.Maritime Agency: Joshua Ekpo.
26: NRC: Seyi Sijuade.
27.Nig Tourism Dev Corp: Sally Nbanefor
28. Budget Office:
Bright Okogwu.
29. NERDC: Godswill Obioma.
30. NEXIM: R R Oriya.
31. SON: Joseph Odumodu.
32. NBC: Emeka Nkem MBA.
33. ITF: Longmas Wapmuk.
34. NUC: Prof Okojie
35. NESREA: N. S Benebo
36.MDG Office: Precious Gbenro.
37. Surveyor Gen.: Peter Chigozie
38. Statistician : Yemi Kale.
39. Acct Gen Fed: Jonah Otunla.
40. Auditor Gen Fed.: Samuel Yonongo.
41. NOA: Mike Omieri.
42. NAN: Oluremi Oyo.
43. NEPC: David Odelugba.
44. Emeka Eze.
45. IGP Police: Solomon Arase.
Etc.

GEJ'S SERVICE CHIEFS WERE:
1. Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshall Alex Badeh; 2. Chief of Army Staff, Major General Kenneth Minimah;
3. Chief of Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Usman Jibrin; and
4. Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshall Adesola Amosu and u still think that others controlled him? Think again.
The event of 1966 was the main reasons why Igbo will hardly be trusted with power anytime sooner because when Tafawa Balewa was Prime Minister of Nigeria;
Chief of Army Staff was from SE
Chief of Naval Staff was from SE
IG of Police was from SE
Chief of Defence Staff was from SE
Internal Affairs Minister SE
External Affairs Minister SE
Education Minister South SE
Many other key ministries to SE
Parliament President SE
Unilag VC from SE
The University of Ibadan VC from SE
North resisted same at ABU!
Still, there was dissatisfaction by SE, the officers from the region killed this same Balewa!!!!
Out of all the most senior officers in Nigeria, SE has 37, none was killed. 8 from the north, all of them were killed. 10 from the west, 2 were killed.
To make it worse, Ironsi imposed a unitary system of government on the country so that everything can belong to a region who snatched it and let the coupist left unpunished. Honestly, those officers set a bad precedent to the entire Igbo despite having handful of good people who are capable of making this country better if given chance to rule.
This is an eye opener.

1 Like

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by perez100: 9:13pm On Apr 20, 2022
Those Igbos trying to explain things to Igbo haters are wasting their time because the more you try to explain, the more they feel they can mock you.

I don't explain anything about Igbo to Igbo haters. What do you expect to hear from them? I know those "Usernames" and once I see their posts, I scroll over. I don't read their posts because I know what they think about Igbo in their hearts
Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by Sadstoner: 10:00pm On Apr 20, 2022
aribisala0:

What makes them major? and who said there are only 3 major tribes ?

Every person has one vote .No one has more than one vote.

Every individual is entitled to his own individual prejudice. I can decide I do not want to spend my money in an Edo man's shop. I cannot decide that the Edo man should not open his shop

They are constitutionally entitled to contest and persuade other people to elect them. That is how it works

Can one person sit down in his house and say who can or cannot be president

If they are not able to persuade other Nigerians they should work harder.
Did you pass through Primary sch in Nigeria at all to understand that Nigeria has three Ethnic group thus all other tribes are minorities ?

I'm an Urhobo man so don't think am defending him, your ignorance forced me to respond to you.
Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by aribisala0(m): 8:36am On Apr 21, 2022
Nigeria is a tough neighbourhood

Dem no dey take I go mess threaten person for ghetto

we are all rugged

The moment Eboes say

Give us presidency OR ELSE

Every body will come out gather to see that OR ELSE

E no go better for IPOB if we no see that or else

You will never see that presidency so bring out the OR ELSE let us see
Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by Christistruth00: 8:49am On Apr 21, 2022
Anybody who is a Nigerian Citizen can be Presisent
Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by slimghost(m): 9:02am On Apr 21, 2022
All of a sudden, my Yoruba brothers are all hysterical about the chances of an Igbo as the president of Nigeria.
Predictable bunch. �

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When They Tell You Peter Obi Supporters Are Rude, Show Them This / Hon. Yakubu Dogara Set To Dump APC For PDP / Breaking News- Apc National Legal Adviser Dh Bwala, Resigns In Protest Against

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.