Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures (7915 Views)

Why I Am Withdrawing Petition Against INEC Over Rivers Poll — Magnus Abe / Military Jets, Soldiers Take Over Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Kwara, Adamawa / Magnus Abe Sings To Celebrate Supreme Court Judgement Over Rivers APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by Thoh(m): 4:30pm On Apr 24, 2022
Alabo7978:

"IYC is a political franchise" "IYC is a political franchise" "IYC is a political franchise" IYC is a political franchise" "IYC is a political franchise" "IYC is a political franchise"
please is Ohaneze'indigbo not a political franchise?
is abia state not a political franchise? what about the other Igbo states?
infact is Nigeria not a political franchise?
political franchise the lastest vocabulary in the draft of your medula oblongata.
saying Andoni isn't IJAW, dumb human being, then we can say Aro isn't Igbo too, we can say ngwa isn't Igbo, we can say ebonyi and the northern Igbo kingdoms aren't igbos.ogbori'nama, na to use abalaba flog your mkpuru'mmiri head.
Andoni people who are from the isedani lineage of izon you come dey mumu YOURSELF.
ignorance.

please come to the creeks and come and grab, we go deep you inside salt water till your eyes red.
benawei, just nak am dis truth for head..

guy, truth hurt, stopped diverting away from truth my man.... See how igbo secret just open waaaah like ashawo toto,,,,
Many ethnicities that join form the political igbo have speaking up...

Ethnicities that join formed the igbo that speak up the secret..
Ikwere...
Anioma..
Onitsha...
Nsukka..
Now afikpo and abakaliki of ebonyi..

More ethnicities to speak up..

Political igbo will collapsed for next 6 years

1 Like

Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by Thoh(m): 4:33pm On Apr 24, 2022
AwkaFinest:

My blodas can't go a day without thinking of Rivers State. Go to Twitter it's their obsession with Ikwerre that's trending, while here on Nairaland it's their obsession with Ijaw. Funny it's no other State but just people of Rivers they are obsessed with.
they are children from the falling demon, so they are fiercely looking for where to enter..
Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by Ekealterego: 5:51pm On Apr 24, 2022
Thoh:

guy, truth hurt, stopped diverting away from truth my man.... See how igbo secret just open waaaah like ashawo toto,,,,

Ikwere...
Anioma..
Onitsha...
Nsukka..

Well, are you giving me more evidence why IYC, and INC is a political party? Forcing people who do not speak the same language with you to form a new PDP and not an ethnic group.

Ijaw is only in 4 LGAs in Bayelsa. Ijaws are not even in the Capital.

Know this and know peace.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by Ijoh(m): 6:20pm On Apr 24, 2022
Ekealterego:

Mr Aboli's son, AKA Captain8

Go back to your creeks and look for people who speak your language.

I'm not Captain8.
Why don't you say all Ijaw on Nairaland account belong to one person.
Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by Thoh(m): 10:33pm On Apr 24, 2022
Ekealterego:

Well, are you giving me more evidence why IYC, and INC is a political party? Forcing people who do not speak the same language with you to form a new PDP and not an ethnic group.

Ijaw is only in 4 LGAs in Bayelsa. Ijaws are not even in the Capital.

Know this and know peace.
I know truth hurt but please bear it..

Ikwere...
Anioma..
Onitsha...
Nsukka..

Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by Yujin(m): 3:34pm On Apr 26, 2022
Alabo7978:

dude you speak out of ignorance I swear. Andoni are ijoid, yes they have an ibibiod element due to this closeness. we will talk about why Onitsha do not call God chi or chukwu like the other igbos but call God olisa(orisa) you succeeded in dragging them and we will talk about it later.
Andoni is actually idoni-oru and they are of the isedani lineage, and THEY KNOW SO you're a fool I swear. there's this Andoni babe I buy fish from in large quantity and because she knew I'm Nembeian, we also formed a raport, they're slight Language similarities with the other ijaw clans too. take your daftness and swerve. you can not divide us. God and hug transformer.
Andoni language is Ibiobiod/Ekoid with some Igbo. Ijaw doesn't feature in it so I wonder how you Ijaws find it easy to claim them. YouTube videos abound of the Andonis celebrating their language and promoting it.
It's funny how some of you come to claim them and their remnants in Eastern Obolo (Akwa Ibom state) even going as far as Ibeno- which isn't occupied by Obolo people. I see such claimants as clowns that shouldn't be taken seriously.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by Ijoh(m): 4:34pm On Apr 26, 2022
Yujin:

Andoni language is Ibiobiod/Ekoid with some Igbo. Ijaw doesn't feature in it so I wonder how you Ijaws find it easy to claim them. YouTube videos abound of the Andonis celebrating their language and promoting it.
It's funny how some of you come to claim them and their remnants in Eastern Obolo (Akwa Ibom state) even going as far as Ibeno- which isn't occupied by Obolo people. I see such claimants as clowns that shouldn't be taken seriously.

Why are you taking paracetamol for other peoples headache?

They said they lost their Ijaw dialect

The Ijaw national affairs commissioner is from Obolo the IYC President is from Andoni too.
Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by Yujin(m): 8:26pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ijoh:

Why are you taking paracetamol for other peoples headache?

They said they lost their Ijaw dialect

The Ijaw national affairs commissioner is from Obolo the IYC President is from Andoni too.
Lol. So they lost their dialect entirely to a tiny tribe? Una funny no be small.
Ok. Tell us what century they lost that dialect and to which people did they lost it?

As for the paracetamol, we are just being our brothers' keepers. You know what I mean.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by jamesversion: 6:20pm On Apr 27, 2022
Allen102:
Are you from Okrika? Who told you that Okrika is a tribe on his own? Since when did you became a spoke man for my people? Has any Okrikan complain to you that we are not ijaws? Okrika is 110 an ijaw subgroup.

Which language is spoken in INC and IYC meetings??

Kindly answer me.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by Ijoh(m): 7:38pm On Apr 27, 2022
jamesversion:

Kindly answer me.

Go and ask your ancestors.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by jamesversion: 11:25pm On Apr 27, 2022
Ijoh:

Go and ask your ancestors.

A people without common language. Tower of babel tribe. Confusion everywhere grin

1 Like

Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by Alabo7978(m): 8:46am On Apr 29, 2022
Yujin:

the sea at the shoreline is mostly Sandy compared to the one midwards.
sometimes I wonder how you all reason. a people are mostly influenced by their surroundings or elements of their environment. The Western-most ijaws which borders the yorubas have a little bit of yoruboid in their dialect or a little bit of Yoruba elements in behavior,
The Eastern ijaws too absorbed the ibibiod element same as the hinterland ijaw; Ndoki & Opobo who absorbed a little bit of the Igboid Language.
The northern igbos of Enugu, Abakiliki, Nsukka etc absorbed the IGALA element and Hausa element (for abakiliki) the Eastern igbos absorbed ibibiolike elements(I'm talking about the Aros, ikwuano, Ariam, ndoru, nnono etc.
The western igbo tribes like Onitsha etc absorbed the Benin/Yoruba elements; you can see they refer to God as Olisa(Orisa) instead of chi or chukwu like the main igbos. same goes for other Ethnic nations that borders their neighbors but stupidity, daftness, ignorance, dumbness, inability to think or research, low IQ contributed to you Igbo people ignorance.
so please go and inform yourselves.
if I take one of you to go and leave with the fulani's, in no time you would be fulanized!
Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by Yujin(m): 12:11pm On Apr 30, 2022
Alabo7978:

the sea at the shoreline is mostly Sandy compared to the one midwards.
sometimes I wonder how you all reason. a people are mostly influenced by their surroundings or elements of their environment. The Western-most ijaws which borders the yorubas have a little bit of yoruboid in their dialect or a little bit of Yoruba elements in behavior,
The Eastern ijaws too absorbed the ibibiod element same as the hinterland ijaw; Ndoki & Opobo who absorbed a little bit of the Igboid Language.
The northern igbos of Enugu, Abakiliki, Nsukka etc absorbed the IGALA element and Hausa element (for abakiliki) the Eastern igbos absorbed ibibiolike elements(I'm talking about the Aros, ikwuano, Ariam, ndoru, nnono etc.
The western igbo tribes like Onitsha etc absorbed the Benin/Yoruba elements; you can see they refer to God as Olisa(Orisa) instead of chi or chukwu like the main igbos. same goes for other Ethnic nations that borders their neighbors but stupidity, daftness, ignorance, dumbness, inability to think or research, low IQ contributed to you Igbo people ignorance.
so please go and inform yourselves.
if I take one of you to go and leave with the fulani's, in no time you would be fulanized!

All of you claiming a people totally unrelated to you are clowns.
Are you not ashamed to be claiming everywhere that Ijaws lose their language to other languages including a tiny obolo language? For your information, all the languages around the coastal area of southern Nigeria has been understudied and well classified. No history revisionist can tamper with it. We know all Ijaw areas (LGAs) and those they share with others both in Bayelsa and Rivers state. The only LGAs in Rivers state with only Ijaws is Akuku Toru and Asari Toru. The rest that you Ijaws do claim all have other ethnic groups in them. Here are the LGAs shared by Ijaws with other tribes; Okrika, Degema, Ogu/Bolo, Bonny, Opobo/Nkoro and PH. That said, these listed LGAs are totally unconnected to Ijaws namely Abua/Odua, Andoni and all the Ogoni LGAs. In the same manner it has been established that Ijaws occupy exclusively only 4 LGAs in Bayelsa. The remaining four they share with others.

Now unto established patterns that show how a people are heavily influenced linguistically by their neighbours, cross border influences doesn't erode totally a neighbours traditional language. Even military conquest by a smaller group doesn't result to the total erosion of the indigenous language. The most probable reason behind the supplanting of an indigenous language is the invasion by a more populous people in which case the smaller group is easily edged off. This has been confirmed overtime as I'll prove to you.
Ordinary cross border influences see only the borrowing of words, names, customs and festivals. It doesn't change the entire language or even the construction pattern of simple sentences of the original language. This is the most common form of intercultural influence. It exists in almost all border communities. Ijaw Apoi of Ondo state were able to retain the majority of their Ijaw element because the level of interaction with Yoruba groups was minimal compared to the Ijaw Arogbo group who today have been so influenced so much that the language and culture is giving way for Yoruba ones. The reason is simply the level of interaction and intermarriage. Both groups call God Tamara as against the more popular Tamuno but there's no doubt about their original ancestry. Because of their isolation and huge Yoruba group surrounding them, the Arogbo group will be lost entirely in the next two generations. The Apoi group will last longer.
For the Obolo people whom Ijaws called the Andoni, there's no single proof that they were Ijaws who lost there language. First of all, they are not an isolated group because they share boundary with Bonny lga which has a lot of Ijaw communities. Secondly, the current Obolo language is completely distinct from any of the Ijoid languages and is unique in that it's not a dialect of Ibibio nor is it Ekoi but a mixture of both including words from Igbo. How come a distant Ekoi featured in the language but a nearby Ijaw is conspicuously absent? That tells you that the people are a distinct people and not a phantom Ijaw group that lost their language. The Obolos call God 'Awaji/Owaji', which isn't in any way related to Tamuno. Everything about them is clearly distinct from even nearby Ijaw groups yet some clowns come online to claim them. All false claims by Ijaws are currently being visited and dealt with. YouTube is there to help verify the indigenous languages of places.

You all like to talk about what you know nothing about. Onitsha by her virtue of location, language and customs can be hardly related to Benin. Onitsha is at least 40 km radius away from any Benin speaking community. Surrounding her all around are other Igbo groups so it's just pure wonder how you or anyone can claim Onitsha as having her Royalty from Benin. The Ezechima story has been dealt with satisfactorily which tells of a reverse migration. There are many other Onichas in different parts of Igboland. Even in Anioma commuinities closer to Bini where few Bini refugees found refuge still remains Igbo speaking simply because their population was too small to cause any significant change in the language and customs. Onitsha isn't a good example to use when discussing about intercultural influences.

In conclusion, Andoni is not Ijaw nor Ijoid. They are a distinct people with a different language only related to Ekoi/Ibibio. Through history, they were recorded to have interacted with different groups including the Ogonis, Ibibios, Igbos and Ijaws but some how have managed to maintain their unique identity. We are watching all your moves.
You should thank me for schooling you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by Idiko1: 12:36pm On Apr 30, 2022
vasel15:
The fight of these 2 traitors go sweet me well

I remember my history

We already know how ijaws betrayed us from boro, to George Kurubo and to deite spiff spit and the chief traitor clark

Igbos don't worry yourself too much they would kill each other in rivers state once Nigeria breaks up and then we shall take back our land that was stolen from us

We still remember the current murderer and killer wike

In the video you can see ikewerre betrayal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2t9E4j0_fc

Any Ijaw in Igweocha (Port Harcourt) is a tenant!!!!
Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by Idiko1: 12:40pm On Apr 30, 2022
Thoh:

Ikwere...
Anioma..
Onitsha...
Nsukka..

It will become national Igbo hence Republic of Igboland.
Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by BlackSaints: 2:53pm On Apr 30, 2022
Yujin:

Are you not ashamed to be claiming everywhere that Ijaws lose their language to other languages including a tiny obolo language? For your information, all the languages around the coastal area of southern Nigeria has been understudied and well classified. No history revisionist can tamper with it. We know all Ijaw areas (LGAs) and those they share with others both in Bayelsa and Rivers state. The only LGAs in Rivers state with only Ijaws is Akuku Toru and Asari Toru. The rest that you Ijaws do claim all have other ethnic groups in them. Here are the LGAs shared by Ijaws with other tribes; Okrika,Ogu/BoloBonny, Opobo/Nkoro and PH. That said, these listed LGAs are totally unconnected to Ijaws namely Abua/Odua, Andoni and all the Ogoni LGAs. In the same manner it has been established that Ijaws occupy exclusively only 4 LGAs in Bayelsa. The remaining four they share with others.

Now unto established patterns that show how a people are heavily influenced linguistically by their neighbours, cross border influences doesn't erode totally a neighbours traditional language. Even military conquest by a smaller group doesn't result to the total erosion of the indigenous language. The most probable reason behind the supplanting of an indigenous language is the invasion by a more populous people in which case the smaller group is easily edged off. This has been confirmed overtime as I'll prove to you.
Ordinary cross border influences see only the borrowing of words, names, customs and festivals. It doesn't change the entire language or even the construction pattern of simple sentences of the original language. This is the most common form of intercultural influence. It exists in almost all border communities. Ijaw Apoi of Ondo state were able to retain the majority of their Ijaw element because the level of interaction with Yoruba groups was minimal compared to the Ijaw Arogbo group who today have been so influenced so much that the language and culture is giving way for Yoruba ones. The reason is simply the level of interaction and intermarriage. Both groups call God Tamara as against the more popular Tamuno but there's no doubt about their original ancestry. Because of their isolation and huge Yoruba group surrounding them, the Arogbo group will be lost entirely in the next two generations. The Apoi group will last longer.
For the Obolo people whom Ijaws called the Andoni, there's no single proof that they were Ijaws who lost there language. First of all, they are not an isolated group because they share boundary with Bonny lga which has a lot of Ijaw communities. Secondly, the current Obolo language is completely distinct from any of the Ijoid languages and is unique in that it's not a dialect of Ibibio nor is it Ekoi but a mixture of both including words from Igbo. How come a distant Ekoi featured in the language but a nearby Ijaw is conspicuously absent? That tells you that the people are a distinct people and not a phantom Ijaw group that lost their language. The Obolos call God 'Awaji/Owaji', which isn't in any way related to Tamuno. Everything about them is clearly distinct from even nearby Ijaw groups yet some clowns come online to claim them. All false claims by Ijaws are currently being visited and dealt with. YouTube is there to help verify the indigenous languages of places.

You all like to talk about what you know nothing about. Onitsha by her virtue of location, language and customs can be hardly related to Benin. Onitsha is at least 40 km radius away from any Benin speaking community. Surrounding her all around are other Igbo groups so it's just pure wonder how you or anyone can claim Onitsha as having her Royalty from Benin. The Ezechima story has been dealt with satisfactorily which tells of a reverse migration. There are many other Onichas in different parts of Igboland. Even in Anioma commuinities closer to Bini where few Bini refugees found refuge still remains Igbo speaking simply because their population was too small to cause any significant change in the language and customs. Onitsha isn't a good example to use when discussing about intercultural influences.

In conclusion, Andoni is not Ijaw nor Ijoid. They are a distinct people with a different language only related to Ekoi/Ibibio. Through history, they were recorded to have interacted with different groups including the Ogonis, Ibibios, Igbos and Ijaws but some how have managed to maintain their unique identity. We are watching all your moves.
Mr man! Wakirike Okrika and Ogu/ bolo are ijaws local government there are no ethnic groups sharing any local government with Wakirike, it is 110% ijaws. Keep your twisted schooling to yourself,and leave Wakirike out of it.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by Yujin(m): 3:37pm On Apr 30, 2022
BlackSaints:
Mr man! Wakirike Okrika and Ogu/ bolo are ijaws local government there are no ethnic groups sharing any local government with Wakirike, it is 110% ijaws. Keep your twisted schooling to yourself,and leave Wakirike out of it.
There are Igbos in both local governments. There's Ndubuisiama (which has been renamed now by those altering history for their selfish aims) and Chukwuama.
Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by Yujin(m): 3:41pm On Apr 30, 2022
Ijoh:

Who are u to say who is Ijaw and who is not
Ijaw have 12 LGA in Rivers state take it or die.
Ijaws are in Ondo, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa-Ibom States.

Continue to convince yourself with lies.

Stop taking medicines for other peoples headaches.
OK. I have just a simple question for you. Your answer will tell those following this thread who's more correct between you and I.
Between Bayelsa and Rivers state, which of them has more Ijaw population? You should back it up with an approximate population for each.
Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by BlackSaints: 3:51pm On Apr 30, 2022
Yujin:

There are Igbos in both local governments. There's Ndubuisiama (which has been renamed now by those altering history for their selfish aims) and Chukwuama.
There's nothing like Ndubuisi Ama in Okrika what we have is Dumo Ama take note. And there's no Igbo in Ogu/bolo local government. See ya.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by BlackSaints: 3:56pm On Apr 30, 2022
Ijoh:
Parachoko
BlackSaints
tutudez
Thoh
Sageb
Sergio
Kinematics
Igo9
Robbstark
Anonymous
DitariDiciple2
Alabo7978

My Ijaw people one IPOB miscreants around here talking anyhow.
You have time for these clowns sha.
Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by Yujin(m): 4:11pm On Apr 30, 2022
BlackSaints:
There's nothing like Ndubuisi Ama in Okrika what we have is Dumo Ama take note. And there's no Igbo in Ogu/bolo local government. See ya.
That's the new name you guys gave it. The path you guys are treading will certainly not end well.
For your information, Okrika people originally occupied only the Okrika island from which they used to fish and bring upland to trade with both the Igbo and Obulom people. There are historical records to buttress this.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by BlackSaints: 4:19pm On Apr 30, 2022
Yujin:

That's the new name you guys gave it. The path you guys are treading will certainly not end well.
For your information, Okrika people originally occupied only the Okrika island from which they used to fish and bring upland to trade with both the Igbo and Obulom people. There are historical records to buttress this.
And yet there's zero influence of Igbo or ibibio culture in Okrika town be it by names, language,dressing or our way of life, you are nothing but a clown.
Let me break it down for you,any non ijaw in Okrika or Wakirike as a whole,are foreigners living there,and foreigners have no say in their host lands

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by Yujin(m): 4:33pm On Apr 30, 2022
BlackSaints:
And yet there's zero influence of Igbo or ibibio culture in Okrika town be it by names, language,dressing or our way of life, you are nothing but a clown.
Let me break it down for you,any non ijaw in Okrika or Wakirike as a whole,are foreigners living there,and foreigners have no say in their host lands
There's no time I mentioned Ibiibio in my statements about Okrika. As for Igbo, the Igbo language still spoken in Okrika is a testament to the history of Igbos found in some of the communities that are currently under Okrika LGA.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by Alabo7978(m): 7:45pm On Apr 30, 2022
Yujin:

Are you not ashamed to be claiming everywhere that Ijaws lose their language to other languages including a tiny obolo language? For your information, all the languages around the coastal area of southern Nigeria has been understudied and well classified. No history revisionist can tamper with it. We know all Ijaw areas (LGAs) and those they share with others both in Bayelsa and Rivers state. The only LGAs in Rivers state with only Ijaws is Akuku Toru and Asari Toru. The rest that you Ijaws do claim all have other ethnic groups in them. Here are the LGAs shared by Ijaws with other tribes; Okrika, Degema, Ogu/Bolo, Bonny, Opobo/Nkoro and PH. That said, these listed LGAs are totally unconnected to Ijaws namely Abua/Odua, Andoni and all the Ogoni LGAs. In the same manner it has been established that Ijaws occupy exclusively only 4 LGAs in Bayelsa. The remaining four they share with others.

uninformed dumbo
I sensed your ignorance on the 5th line so I paused.
Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by Yujin(m): 12:32am On May 01, 2022
Alabo7978:

uninformed dumbo
I sensed your ignorance on the 5th line so I paused.
There's rarely a comeback after suffering a knockout punch. I understand how you feel. It's better you retrace your step now because we are watching and we know the moves.
NB: We don't wish Ijaws any bad. It makes no sense to do so.
Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by Yujin(m): 1:41am On May 01, 2022
Ijoh:

Go ask Google
I know that you can never answer that question because it will compromise whatsoever claims you've been making. This is a checkmate move I made. It's not too late to backtrack from this bad journey you and your group are embarking.
Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by Allen102: 8:49am On May 01, 2022
jamesversion:

Kindly answer me.
How is that relevant? Wakirike is 110% an ijaw subgroup that's all you need to know ikwerre man.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures by Allen102: 8:54am On May 01, 2022
Yujin:

There's no time I mentioned Ibiibio in my statements about Okrika. As for Igbo, the Igbo language still spoken in Okrika is a testament to the history of Igbos found in some of the communities that are currently under Okrika LGA.
Igbo spoken in Okrika is a foreign languag igbo is not part of Wakirike,the language of Wakirike people is the Kiriken Okweni and it sounds nothing like Igbo.And Okrika has no Igbo founder,what we have are descendant of Igbo slaves who were giving a place to stay in Okrika by their ijaw masters.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Ndigbo Seeks Amnesty For South-east 'unknown Gunmen' / Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty / A Human Farm Discovered In Libya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.