Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,599 members, 7,827,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) (41077 Views)

Nigerians like ‘Tweeting on WhatsApp’: Tinubu / El-Rufai Mocks Buhari’s Twitter Ban, Says He’s Tweeting From Abroad / What Tinubu said about Ambode's impeachment after Crucial Meeting with APC leade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by ZUBY77(m): 10:51am On Apr 21, 2022
The half mad idiots will still vote for him
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Mandate2023: 10:52am On Apr 21, 2022
Investorozay:

see dem
the tinubu media room
by their usernames and post you will know them

U r smart but don't wail unnecessarily
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Born2Breed(f): 10:52am On Apr 21, 2022
Wazobia2216:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

For funnier jokes, type clown-tinubu to 419 grin

See as e dey suck water.
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by backbone503(m): 10:54am On Apr 21, 2022
Naughtysex:

First, you need to understand the meaning of the word "twit" before knowing how to use the word "twitter"

Saying "some of you are twitting on whatsapp right now" is just like saying "some of you are blaming or taunting on whatsapp right now"
blame who?
what?
or about what?
With the message he (Tinubu) was trying to pass when giving that speech, he goof

Don't look more stupid than your principal.

In dictionary, twit means "reproach, blame, upbraid, taunt or fling at"

I CUM in peace

I Tinubu said "tweeting" and he/she was saying "twitting". The latter is totally wrong in the context used, but the former can be partially said to be very littley seeming correct.
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by tinsel: 10:55am On Apr 21, 2022
Khaleepha5681:
Nobody above mistakes,but my man has aged in his early 70s.

He made alotta mistakes like this.

My love to him remains,no shaking.
He did not make any mistake. Go google the meaning
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Mooh247: 10:56am On Apr 21, 2022
Gidagreen:
But that term (Tweet) is used only for Twitter, of course Twitter is on the internet. Texting should have been the right term for Whatsapp.

In this case perhaps he meant "Twitt" that is ;banter

Like if I said I am "twitting" Gidagreen on Nairaland that means I am throwing banters and goofy remarks at you to tease you

1 Like

Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by pat077: 10:56am On Apr 21, 2022
I am not tweeting on WhatsApp, I'm tweeting on NAIRALAND

1 Like

Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Gidagreen(m): 10:57am On Apr 21, 2022
aribisala0:
Blunder? It is an irrelevance.

If there is nothing to talk about but this then there is a tragedy.
Yes those trying to defend him are his partisan supporters or paid agents
I am a very staunch opponent of Tinubu and his family with very good reasons.

This is petty and childish. So what if he mixed up Twitter and Whatsapp ? How is that relevant to banditry?

Rather than talking about Tinubu's stupendous wealth and its source, The nepotism in placing his unproductive wife as two term senator , The embarrassing performance of his cronies like Lai Mohammed we are talking of this nonsense?

Next we would be complaining that he mixed up Man City and Man United? Is that relevant?.

Calling it a "blunder" shows extreme bias and incapacity for objective and constructive criticism.
Only small and petty people think this is what is important to Nigerians now

Well said but, note that there are different angles to criticism when it comes to a personality like Tinubu. You have already mentioned parts of the criticism above and other aspects of criticism can be mentioned by others.

He can be critisized base on nepotism, corruption, age falsification, incapacitated due to old age etc.

The incapacitated due to old age is what the Op is trying to point out, probably memory loss and/or some diseases related to old age. All these can also affect the performance of a leader. Thus, it is relevant and significant to some extent.
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Gidagreen(m): 11:02am On Apr 21, 2022
Mooh247:

In this case perhaps he meant "Twitt" that is banter

Like if I say I am "twitting" Gidagreen on Nairaland that means I am throwing banters and goofy remarks at you to tease you
you guys are just helping him to twit twist everything up and down. Continue till we all end up in Buhari pro max tenure.
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by livebyday(m): 11:04am On Apr 21, 2022
sogodihno:
If you guys like you can wail till eternity. The 5% lunatics should kill themselves

This is your incoming president. grin grin

Cc seun

Same account as KingOfAllIgbos

Violation of rule 2

Mukina2 oam4j Lalasticlala Dominique
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Enskynelson(m): 11:04am On Apr 21, 2022
Igbofam:

Read the OP my friend. The word used there is TWITTING and not TWEETING.

You need to apologize to the person you said was wrong

TWITTING is a very correct grammatical expression as used by Tinubu.

One can TWIT via any means. In fact you and I are TWITTING via Nairaland right now.

It is not an exclusive Twitter thing
Questions for you:
1. How did he conclude BAT meant twitting and not tweeting since both words are homophones?
2. From the sentence, do you meant BAT mean people were 'taunting' on WhatsApp? Which word do u think fits more to the meaning in the context of the video?

Why I owe that OP no apology is because I didn't even insult him like he did to the previous.
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by FunkyAlhaji2015: 11:05am On Apr 21, 2022
Indispensable85:

OP your school fees na waste. The joke is actually on you. Most of you think twitting means writing on twitter. Hahahahahahahaha....you guys are truly lazy youths. You're too mentally lazy. Imagine! Lol....

Please go and find out the meaning of twitting in the dictionary and stop embarrassing your parents who laboured to pay your school fees.

Go and ask all the schools you attended for a fees refund because they taught you nothing. You an embarrassment to yourself. I don't know if you can read but below is the definition of tweeting.

1 Share

Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Sunnyski: 11:08am On Apr 21, 2022
So like this Thiefnibu is a youth.

Chai! Nothing Musa no go see for gate
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by danngnews: 11:09am On Apr 21, 2022
Indispensable85:

OP your school fees na waste. The joke is actually on you. Most of you think twitting means writing on twitter. Hahahahahahahaha....you guys are truly lazy youths. You're too mentally lazy. Imagine! Lol....

Please go and find out the meaning of twitting in the dictionary and stop embarrassing your parents who laboured to pay your school fees.

Stop making fool of yourself.
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by zombieTRACKER: 11:09am On Apr 21, 2022
Mandate2023:

Am voting tinubu d most intelligent political force in Nigeria presently.....u can go ahead and vote obi fool

hahaha
just as expected, same way you voted a man with a NEPA bill as certificate, you are destined to vote a man who twitts on WhatsApp..

And tomorrow you will complain about insecurity and dead Economy

fools everywhere
shame of a country

1 Like

Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Indispensable85(m): 11:11am On Apr 21, 2022
Zetty177x:

We all know it's a mistake...come on... don't defend dis mistake d usual way of APC

Tweet often refers to:

Tweet (bird call), a type of bird vocalization
Tweet, a post on the social media platform Twitter

The whole idea behind the word tweet is to be heard or reach out. Either by sound or a written short message. Don't forget the word tweet was already extant before the app twitter came into existence.

By the way I'm not a party person neither am I an Apc member but I'm an ardent believer in the capacity of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu,the Jagaban of the universe.
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by NaijaOlosho(f): 11:12am On Apr 21, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by MartinsD12(m): 11:14am On Apr 21, 2022
jaybenugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1418528/twitting-whatsapp-tinubu-commits-blunder-addressing-youths-lagos-rally-video/
Tinubu is a joke , same as buhari apc from top to bottom, top to bottom, 7 years after Nigeria is really at bottom
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Moscodee1990(m): 11:14am On Apr 21, 2022
Tweeting or twitting, which one, or are they the same?
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by zombieTRACKER: 11:15am On Apr 21, 2022
Mandate2023:

Am voting tinubu d most intelligent political force in Nigeria presently.....u can go ahead and vote obi fool

hahaha
just as expected, same way you voted a man with a NEPA bill as certificate, you are destined to vote a man who tweets on WhatsApp..

And tomorrow you will complain about insecurity and dead Economy

fools everywhere
shame of a country
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by ityP(m): 11:16am On Apr 21, 2022
ekukeku:

I'm only giving dem wat dey deserve
I greet Dem in d language dey understand ni grin
W cannot allow Dem to impose him as he imposed impotent on us

Don't mind those people. Suffering shall not arise for a second time brother

1 Like

Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by ityP(m): 11:17am On Apr 21, 2022
Igbofam:

Read the OP my friend. The word used there is TWITTING and not TWEETING.

You need to apologize to the person you said was wrong

TWITTING is a very correct grammatical expression as used by Tinubu.

One can TWIT via any means. In fact you and I are TWITTING via Nairaland right now.

It is not an exclusive Twitter thing

Go and watch that video again please and stop disgracing yourself on social media
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by emperor863(m): 11:17am On Apr 21, 2022
Ochelyko1:

Bros I have checked dictionary and there is no such word as twitting! So what are u saying or which dictionary are u using?

Then, you do not know how to use a dictionary. Go and learn English from a good teacher.
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Indispensable85(m): 11:19am On Apr 21, 2022
Naughtysex:

First, you need to understand the meaning of the word "twit" before knowing how to use the word "twitter"

Saying "some of you are twitting on whatsapp right now" is just like saying "some of you are blaming or taunting on whatsapp right now"
blame who?
what?
or about what?
With the message he (Tinubu) was trying to pass when giving that speech, he goof

I CUM in peace

The whole idea behind the word tweet is to be heard or reach out. Either by sound or a written short message. Don't forget the word tweet was already extant before the app twitter came into existence.

By the way you just disgraced your family name by the rubbish you wrote. In your stupidity you said twit means reproach, blame. How do you connect that to a messaging app? Mumu.....tweet is a word that existed on it's own even before twitter was birthed. Ozu...
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by ityP(m): 11:20am On Apr 21, 2022
Naughtysex:

blame who?
what?
or about what?

I CUM in peace

Tinubu's urchins, like Tinubu himself are bunch of illiterates grin. Any certificate dey have was bought
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 21, 2022
WhatsApping on Twitter!
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by aribisala0(m): 11:23am On Apr 21, 2022
Gidagreen:
Well said but, note that there are different angles to criticism when it comes to a personality like Tinubu. You have already mentioned parts of the criticism above and other aspects of criticism can be mentioned by others.

He can be critisized base on nepotism, corruption, age falsification, incapacitated due to old age etc.

The incapacitated due to old age is what the Op is trying to point out, probably memory loss and/or some diseases related to old age. All these can also affect the performance of a leader. Thus, it is relevant and significant to some extent.
Memory loss is part of old age it is NORMAL and of itself is not incapacitating or necessarily a problem it depends on the degree. In this specific instance I believe it is just not being in touch with the technology . You can only forget what you once knew. He was probably trying to show himself as hip and in touch and ended up doing the opposite but focussing on that makes the antagonist look petty and empty.
There are many examples of difficulties with word finding, or memory that we see as people age e.g a lot of older people would say 19............... instead of 20....... when stating the year. Some talk of Green Eagles instead of Super Eagles

I have seen a video of Tinubu talking of P& T (Post and Telecommunications) the predecessor of NITEL which ceased to exist over 40 years ago.

Nothing wrong in his opponents scoring points from those errors it is part of the game but must be put in the right context.

If mixing up Whatsapp and Twitter was the only thing wrong with Tinubu I would personally putt my money into campaigning for him. Tinubu is a competent candidate in some ways and certainly more competent than many of his opponents. So those of us opposed to him believe that there must be more objective and rational opposition based on his track record of nepotism , cronyism, godfatherism, association with Buhari , Alpha Beta . We need to challenge his democratic credentials too . there is a rubber stamp assembly in Lagos and he has helped to achieve the same at the National level since 2019. Tinubu is a much smarter politician than Buhari and if he becomes president it would be another rubber stamp National Assembly all over . What would happen with NURTW and MC Oluomo in Lagos State?
Those are the issues we should be discussing , not this nonsense which raises questions about the motivation of those focussing on this. To me it is tribal and based on hatred rather than reality

2 Likes

Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by ityP(m): 11:23am On Apr 21, 2022
Indispensable85:

By the way you just disgraced your family name by the rubbish you wrote. In your stupidity you said twit means reproach, blame. How do you connect that to a messaging app? Mumu.....tweet is a word that existed on it's own even before twitter was birthed. Ozu...

Already what? grin
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Indispensable85(m): 11:23am On Apr 21, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Truly you're part of those their parents wasted money on. You that can differentiate between twitting and tweeting. OP said, tweeting but you saying twitting. Twitting does not remotely related to comment but to tease while tweeting is to make a post on the social media application Twitter. Olodo like his grandpa Tinubu.
It is either you say tweeting or twittering. Twitting is a different word entirely.

They're not different,one is a transitive verb while the other can be used as both transitive and intransitive verb. You're a certified fool. A dunce who inherited foolishness from his illiterate parents.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Indispensable85(m): 11:24am On Apr 21, 2022
Winters23:
[s][/s]

If you like twist am, Tinubu have lost touch with reality

............... Tinubu "has"..........

Have a great day.
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Igbofam: 11:25am On Apr 21, 2022
Enskynelson:

Questions for you:
1. How did he conclude BAT meant twitting and not tweeting since both words are homophones?
2. From the sentence, do you meant BAT mean people were 'taunting' on WhatsApp? Which word do u think fits more to the meaning in the context of the video?

Why I owe that OP no apology is because I didn't even insult him like he did to the previous.

Since he referenced WHATSAPP then it's safe to say he was referring to TWITTING and not Tweeting. You guys are the ones confusing yourselves because of his use of the word TWITTING by assuming he meant TWEETING which is a word you are used to as a Twitter user.

However, TWITTING ON WHATSAPP is very correct same as TWITTING on Nairaland, TWITTING on Facebook, TWITTING via email, etc

Definition of the word TWITTING is to TEASE OR TAUNT SOMEONE ESPECIALLY IN A GOOD HUMOURED WAY.

It is not to TAUNT as an insult.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Peter Obi Supporters Hold Rally In Lekki, Lagos State / Ikorodu Road After Rain Last Night (photos) / How EFCC Almost Arrested Aisha Buhari’s Impostor – Ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.