Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? (25828 Views)

How To Grow Taller Faster (100% Genuine) / Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? / Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:07pm On Apr 23, 2022
YourWriter:
I'm currently 5 feet 10 inches tall. I'd like to reach my goal height of 6 feet 2 inches tall. Can I still grow taller at 21 or it's over for me? If you've once increased your height at 21 or you know someone who did, please share your experience here.

Ofcus smiley make sure u eat beans everyday
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by ntipro: 10:10pm On Apr 23, 2022
Growth is a natural thing. Accept your height and move on
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 23, 2022
2braithe:

How do you suggest I can learn bball?
At the court, everyone is skilled and playing.
No room for a noob like me.
Firstly, get your balls so that you won't be denied ball. That's what I am facing sometimes here.
It depends on the court you are practicing. Try and look for a court that allow newbies like you to learn.... A secondary school court will be nice compare to university's own. When I train they have two court, 1. For the big boys while the other for learners like us... So try and find around. I have told my self too that I must reach a height of 2.0m God's Grace.
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by papapchi(m): 10:12pm On Apr 23, 2022
If you have cut your tegument of growth at 21 years, my dear you grow no more. meaning if you have taken you virginity, there is no more growth for you, all you will be gaining now is maturity and adding weight if you're the weight type.
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by Oblivionz5(m): 10:37pm On Apr 23, 2022
YourWriter:
I'm currently 5 feet 10 inches tall. I'd like to reach my goal height of 6 feet 2 inches tall. Can I still grow taller at 21 or it's over for me? If you've once increased your height at 21 or you know someone who did, please share your experience here.

Delusion at it finest
Let’s say you can add up. It will be very slight

If ever tho (btw I’m 21 too and I’m 5.8 )
You should focus on being successful wink
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by Heterodox(m): 10:43pm On Apr 23, 2022
post=112214464:
We are so sorry to break this news to you young man.
For Most people, Height Won’t Increase After Age 18.
Even with a healthy diet, most people’s height won’t increase after age 18 to 20.

The reason why your height stops increasing is your bones, specifically your growth plates.

The growth plates, or epiphyseal plates, are areas of specialized cartilage near the end of your long bones.

Increases in height are primarily due to the lengthening of your long bones, as the growth plates are still active or open.

Biologically,
For most people, height will not increase after age 18 to 20 due to the closure of the growth plates in bones. Compression and decompression of the discs in your spine lead to small changes in height throughout the day.
At my age I'm still growing taller.

It's may not, not will.

It all depends when it fuses. If it fuses.
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by carson10(m): 11:23pm On Apr 23, 2022
post=112214464:
Even with a healthy diet, most people’s height won’t increase after age 18 to 20.

The reason why your height stops increasing is your bones, specifically your growth plates.

The growth plates, or epiphyseal plates, are areas of specialized cartilage near the end of your long bones.

Increases in height are primarily due to the lengthening of your long bones, as the growth plates are still active or open.

Biologically,
For most people, height will not increase after age 18 to 20 due to the closure of the growth plates in bones. Compression and decompression of the discs in your spine lead to small changes in height throughout the day.

Wrong! I was 188cm as at 2019-2020 now I'm standing at 193cm in 2022
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by harmyd007: 12:12am On Apr 24, 2022
Very possible, I was a late bloomer, I didn’t start growing until i graduated uni, i think i was 19/20 then , and at 24 some of my trousers are not even long enough again. Depends on gene sha
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by Reeb2244: 1:36am On Apr 24, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see a very big drum on your head, and I see a dwarf demon standing beside you, carefully supervising the drum so that it will continue to remain on your head.

This is why you haven't been able to reach your desired height, and if you don't go for prayers to banish the demonic dwarf, I see you growing shorter and shorter in the coming months, cos the weight of the drum would keep pulling you to the ground until you become a dwarf like the demon.

This I have seen.
grin
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 24, 2022
My height confuses me, one day I am measured 182 cm, some days 184 cm, then 185 cm then of recent I measured 186 cm and I am 36. Correcting of posture helps.
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by Govocrete: 7:07am On Apr 24, 2022
You should be considering tall pocket (making money) at 21 than thinking about getting taller.

Work you way to riches and fortune. Who height help?
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by Dmacqh(m): 7:11am On Apr 24, 2022
My backbone is curved not noticeable ( maybe I got it from my bad posture ) . One of my bosses , said it will need strengthening . That if it’s done , I can add about 2-5inches height .
He’s a gym instructor. Unfortunately the machine or tool he said wasn’t available around.
I don’t know how true this is .
I’m in my early 20s.
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by Henryifi: 7:25am On Apr 24, 2022
Growth stops at 23
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by 1870venty: 9:14am On Apr 24, 2022
[s]
post=112214464:

Biologically,
[/s]
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by DHaran: 9:44am On Apr 24, 2022
i am 5ft 11 inch(180cm) tall..just an inch to be 6ft(183)
some refer me as average tall...i may reach 6ft i am still growing
my beard as not cover all and am still growing teeth at 23 my teeth was 28 now 30
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by DHaran: 9:49am On Apr 24, 2022
know this if you have the gene for tallness you will grow tall..., i started growing beard at 23.
just eat good food with minerals and let your gene do it works
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by Sified(m): 10:23am On Apr 24, 2022
rightdata:
Growth can be hindered by sex. If you are sexually active at an early age especially for girls you can not grow again.
To grow taller, stay away from sexual immorality.
Are you being serious right now or kidding?
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by jeff35(m): 11:05am On Apr 24, 2022
Lol, I share the same plight, growth stops at 25 bro, according to my basketball coach, you still have time to grow, just stretch and stretch and stretch ... hopefully I'd hit 6'1 and start throwing nasty dunks
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by showafrica(m): 11:08am On Apr 24, 2022
YourWriter:

Men stop growing at 28 while women stop growing at 22
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by Popsmoke2: 11:09am On Apr 24, 2022
YourWriter:

nothing dey for getting taller. I am currently 6' 6" and people stare at me like i am an alien
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by Farid24224(m): 12:51pm On Apr 24, 2022
You can grow taller with subliminals, stretches and sport... Sleeping adequately, alot of protein too...

Am currently 19 years, 6'0...I started yoga and basketball last year..I was 5'10 then... so it's possible..

But overall, it all depends on your gene, how tall your parents OR relatives are..My parents are average but my grandpa and uncles are quite tall . About 6'2..
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by CountLaka(m): 12:57pm On Apr 24, 2022
It's only possible if you are still aVirgin
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by Farid24224(m): 1:06pm On Apr 24, 2022
2braithe:

How do you suggest I can learn bball?
At the court, everyone is skilled and playing.
No room for a noob like me.

Everyone is a noob when they first entered the court..I started basketball about two years back during the lockdown period...You just have to go there and befriend someone that's not so good in the sport because he is much likely to spend time learning it.
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by Farid24224(m): 1:12pm On Apr 24, 2022
jeff35:
Lol, I share the same plight, growth stops at 25 bro, according to my basketball coach, you still have time to grow, just stretch and stretch and stretch ... hopefully I'd hit 6'1 and start throwing nasty dunks

Yeah man!! grin grin

Am 6'0 but can't dunk.. grin grin cheesy
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by 2braithe: 2:51pm On Apr 24, 2022
gaius01:

Firstly, get your balls so that you won't be denied ball. That's what I am facing sometimes here.
It depends on the court you are practicing. Try and look for a court that allow newbies like you to learn.... A secondary school court will be nice compare to university's own. When I train they have two court, 1. For the big boys while the other for learners like us... So try and find around. I have told my self too that I must reach a height of 2.0m God's Grace.

My uni has like 2-3 courts in our sports complex.Then one court in each hostels numbering about 4-5 and usually empty many times.

The problem is,I need a trainer.I don't know jack!How to shoot,layups,rebounds, dribbling e.t.c.I need someone that will just show me.
Unfortunately, everybody is interested in playing,no one wants to teach.
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by rezzy: 2:51pm On Apr 24, 2022
MNDY:

I am a wonder to even myself on this height matter. I vividly remember how in SS3 I was fondly called Smallie when I changed school. But fast forward to just a couple of years later now, e be like say na me come tall pass anybody wey I stand beside. I don't know what happened.

Just like my husband, he said he was the smallest in his then ss3 at 19, he grew to 5'9 while in the university.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by 2braithe: 2:52pm On Apr 24, 2022
Farid24224:

Everyone is a noob when they first entered the court..I started basketball about two years back during the lockdown period...You just have to go there and befriend someone that's not so good in the sport because he is much likely to spend time learning it.

Wow thanks!

Not having your own ball too is a prob!
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by Silas007(m): 4:02pm On Apr 24, 2022
DannyJ19:
Quit masturbating.
So masturbation hinders growth?
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by Farid24224(m): 8:51pm On Apr 24, 2022
2braithe:

Wow thanks!

Not having your own ball too is a prob!

Yeah it is..The bigger problem is basketballs are very expensive...The cheapest and mediocre quality is 6000
Re: Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? by 2braithe: 9:09pm On Apr 24, 2022
Farid24224:

Yeah it is..The bigger problem is basketballs are very expensive...The cheapest and mediocre quality is 6000

Yes o.

I know a guy that bought his 25k sometime ago.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yummy Foods That Combat Fat >>photos<< / What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House / See 8 Reasons Why You Feel Pain, Tenderness And Burning Sensation In Your Breast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.