Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) (49224 Views)

Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) / ‘2Africa’ Subsea Cable In Lagos By Bayobab & MTN / Google’s Equiano Submarine Cable To Begin Operations In Nigeria By December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by BusinessPlan22: 6:28pm On Apr 21, 2022
ecolime:

The cable, named Olaudah Equiano, a Nigerian-born writer and abolitionist, is among the first in a series of landings in Africa for the subsea cable and is expected to run from Portugal along Africa’s west coast to South Africa.

He's an Igbo slave

4 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Dshocker(m): 6:28pm On Apr 21, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
Jagaban wey God give good aura to bless Lagos go bless Nigeria. Lagos just dey shine and become more prosperous. God I thank u for Google and APC o.

Which jagajaga are you talking about,if Nigeria had utilized her resources,foreigners will be trooping in mass to see a master piece of architecture...

Stop celebrating mediocrity,its you right to enjoy basic amenities,from those you elected to serve you,so stop making it look like an office holder is doing the people or citizens a favour by building infrastructure.

8 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Skillsnigeria: 6:28pm On Apr 21, 2022
Ok
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Afonjakid: 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2022
Igbo Amaka
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Afonjakid: 6:30pm On Apr 21, 2022
Igbos are the least tribalistic of all Nigerian tribe. See how the igbo woman brought it to Lagos instead of the SE.

2 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:31pm On Apr 21, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
Jagaban wey God give good aura to bless Lagos go bless Nigeria when Jagaban become President.

Lagos just dey shine and become more and more prosperous. God I thank u for Jagaban, Lagos, Google, and APC o.

For me and my household, na Jagaban we go vote for in 2023 insha allah.

Please you need to shut up.
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by pacespot(m): 6:31pm On Apr 21, 2022
grin
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Reni1: 6:31pm On Apr 21, 2022
BloomingDale:
Equiano, the name of the slave boy during the trans Atlantic slave trade? What is wrong with google? What kind of demeaning name is that? And Africans are celebrating? African men, Tuehhh? See as the white man dey take una play Kalo kalo. No wonder they are flogging you guys with horse whip at their border. Wish I had a horse whip to flog you guys too. Lolz.

Na wa o, Is it possible that the name was given to immortalize and honor this slave? Considering naming this technology, which will make a significant impact in the lives of the people, as demeaning may be stretching the race card too far beyond reason. For example, my direct ancestors were not slaves but there is nothing significant tied to their names asides from memories, and when we start having children, our children may not even know that they existed at some point.

I think the name given to the fiber was on a positive note and look forward to how lives in that area will change. For example, a new settlement can be setup close to this Data Center and people get to work remotely from that location. Imagine earning dollars and enjoying City life in the remote part of lagos.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 6:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
my spirit says I should type (NCAN do the needful)

NCAN do the needful...im seeing slave slave in the comments above
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Dawn91(m): 6:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
Jagaban wey God give good aura to bless Lagos go bless Nigeria when Jagaban become President.

Lagos just dey shine and become more and more prosperous. God I thank u for Jagaban, Lagos, Google, and APC o.

Take your time o.. but I am starting to envision what this man will do if only he weren't tribalistic..

What will he do for Edo state if ever he became president.. or you guys want him to corner the whole Nigeria it the southwest alone ?
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Help2020: 6:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Why does your Jagaban or cabalban goes to UK for medical treatment? I thought Lagos is already a mega city better than London?

5 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by fitinwell: 6:33pm On Apr 21, 2022
Have dey consider Vandal's..

Guys go steal cable before cock crew
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:33pm On Apr 21, 2022
Afonjakid:
Igbos are the least tribalistic of all Nigerian tribe. See how the igbo woman brought it to Lagos instead of the SE.

grin

Lagos is the place GOOGLE (not the Igbo woman) chose because it is the place that makes most sense.

Besides. SE has no coastline for the cable to land.

Even if it does, UN-GUN-KNOWN-MEN fit cut am with cutlass.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by BloomingDale(f): 6:33pm On Apr 21, 2022
Reni1:

Na wa o, Is it possible that the name was given to immortalize and honor this slave? Considering naming this technology, which will make a significant impact in the lives of the people, as demeaning may be stretching the race card too far beyond reason. For example, my direct ancestors were not slaves but there is nothing significant tied to their names asides from memories, and when we start having children, our children may not even know that they existed at some point.

I think the name given to the fiber was on a positive note and look forward to how lives in that area will change. For example, a new settlement can be setup close to this Data Center and people get to work remotely from that location. Imagine earning dollars and enjoying City life in the remote part of lagos.

Immortalize and honor a slave? WTH is wrong with you? The cable is for your second enslavement. They are just letting you know ahead of time.

1 Like

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by jiteonanaye: 6:34pm On Apr 21, 2022
Good initiative.
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by justli: 6:34pm On Apr 21, 2022
BloomingDale:

For your second enslavement. Equiano is the name of a famous slave boy that was captured and sold to Europeans during the first Trans Atlantic slave trade. Lolz

actually this captures a bigger truth than most are capable of seeing. treat every googles FREE gift with a pinch of salt an extreme caution.

1 Like

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by sukkot: 6:35pm On Apr 21, 2022
smiley
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by thundafire: 6:36pm On Apr 21, 2022
BloomingDale:
Equiano, the name of the slave boy during the trans Atlantic slave trade? What is wrong with google? What kind of demeaning name is that? And Africans are celebrating? African men, Tuehhh? See as the white man dey take una play Kalo kalo. No wonder they are flogging you guys with horse whip at their border. Wish I had a horse whip to flog you guys too. Lolz.
shut up

7 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Mooh247: 6:37pm On Apr 21, 2022
Vote Tinubu 2023 for steady growth and progress

1 Like

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by derecho(m): 6:37pm On Apr 21, 2022
I'm sorry you only picked the past of what Equiano represented. So you didn't see how he redeemed himself and became successful? Equiano symbolizes determination to become your best and not remain what your captors intended you to be.

By the Way, Equiano wasn't his past as a slaveboy but his new name after success.
BloomingDale:

12 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by justli: 6:37pm On Apr 21, 2022
BloomingDale:

For your second enslavement. Equiano is the name of a famous slave boy that was captured and sold to Europeans during the first Trans Atlantic slave trade. Lolz

actually this captures a bigger truth than most are capable of seeing. treat every googles gift with a pinch of salt an extreme
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by jiz: 6:37pm On Apr 21, 2022
Good one ! For greater Lagos and Nigeria
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by BestLife22(m): 6:37pm On Apr 21, 2022
Wanna see some magic??!

Imagine a 'personalized jacket' triggering a sensory tap like this one! OMG��??
I'm still yet to wrap me head around this��

Stop imagining and see for yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMyebfqzDH4
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by 00FFT00(m): 6:38pm On Apr 21, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Since you went through all this trouble just to praise your lord and savior thief Tinubu, you forgot to educate the uninitiated to the effect that Olaudah Equiano alias Gustavo Vassa was not a Nigerian. He was an Igboman born in Igboland in 1745. There was no Nigeria in 1745.

I thought I'd bring your intentional amnesia back to your attention Mr revisionist.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by CYBERWEAVER(m): 6:38pm On Apr 21, 2022
Good development but the name is something else
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Propertyforum: 6:39pm On Apr 21, 2022
This is a great development. It will also help to boost the tech ecosystem in Nigeria
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by BloomingDale(f): 6:39pm On Apr 21, 2022
derecho:
I'm sorry you only picked the past of what Equiano represented. So you didn't see how he redeemed himself and became successful? Equiano symbolizes determination to become your best and not remain what your captors intended you to be.

By the Way, Equiano wasn't his past as a slaveboy but his new name after success.

Oga, the name is meant to demean Africans. Stop romanticizing rubbish. Open your eyes before they stack you guys naked and in chains again bound for Europe, the path of the Equiano sea cable. Lolz.

4 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by AyakaDunukofia: 6:40pm On Apr 21, 2022
BloomingDale:

Can you guys ever think critically? Olaudah Ekwuano is a symbol of resilience, hope and grass to grace. I don't know the kind of education some of you attained in Nigeria. Very unfortunate generation.

11 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by winterfell007(m): 6:40pm On Apr 21, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Here we go again with this yeye talk that Jagaban made Lagos what it is. That's a bollocks lie, Lagos is what it is because of Nigeria. Lagos success is hinged upon Nigeria and not the other way around. If Tinubu never was the governor of Lagos, Lagos will still be what it is. Commercial capital city of the country is a product of a governor's technical know-how, it's the endless contribution of Nigeria's population that makes Lagos what it is

5 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 6:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
Wickedness of the highest order. After you na education..damn!

00FFT00:

Since you went through all this trouble just to praise your lord and savior thief Tinubu, you forgot to educate the uninitiated to the effect that Olaudah Equiano alias Gustavo Vassa was not a Nigerian. He was an Igboman born in Igboland in 1745. There was no Nigeria in 1745.

I thought I'd bring your intentional amnesia back to your attention Mr revisionist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Annoying Things People Do In A Whatsapp Group / Do People Still Fall For This?! / Android Back Button Not Working; Try This Technique

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.