Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) (49234 Views)

Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) / ‘2Africa’ Subsea Cable In Lagos By Bayobab & MTN / Google’s Equiano Submarine Cable To Begin Operations In Nigeria By December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by ChristineC: 6:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
BusinessPlan22:

He's an Igbo slave
was
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Princeton92(m): 6:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
BloomingDale:

For your second enslavement. Equiano is the name of a famous slave boy that was captured and sold to Europeans during the first Trans Atlantic slave trade. Lolz

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by BloomingDale(f): 6:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
AyakaDunukofia:

Can you guys ever think critically? Olaudah Ekwuano is a symbol of resilience, hope and grass to grace. I don't know the kind of education some of you attained in Nigeria. Very unfortunate generation.

Lolz. I can see you are a fine candidate for the second enslavement, naked and bound, following the path of the Equiano sea cable, from Nigeria to Europe. Congrats.

1 Like

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Bluffly: 6:42pm On Apr 21, 2022
BloomingDale:
Equiano, the name of the slave boy during the trans Atlantic slave trade? What is wrong with google? What kind of demeaning name is that? And Africans are celebrating? African men, Tuehhh? See as the white man dey take una play Kalo kalo. No wonder they are flogging you guys with horse whip at their border. Wish I had a horse whip to flog you guys too. Lolz.
We should learn to think beyond our emotions. Have you inquired why they choose that name?. Maybe they decided to immortalise him based on his lead on abolishing the slave trade and not because he was kidnapped into slavery

7 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Treasure17(m): 6:43pm On Apr 21, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
Jagaban wey God give good aura to bless Lagos go bless Nigeria when Jagaban become President.

Lagos just dey shine and become more and more prosperous. God I thank u for Jagaban, Lagos, Google, and APC o.

For me and my household, na Jagaban we go vote for in 2023 insha allah.
Na dem

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
Jagaban wey God give good aura to bless Lagos go bless Nigeria when Jagaban become President.

Lagos just dey shine and become more and more prosperous. God I thank u for Jagaban, Lagos, Google, and APC o.

Noise. Osinbajo is the leader Nigerians want.
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by BloomingDale(f): 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
Bluffly:

We should learn to think beyond our emotions. Have you inquired why they choose that name?. Maybe they decided to immortalise him based on his lead on abolishing the slave trade and not because he was kidnapped into slavery

Just be ready to follow the path of the Equiano sea cable during your second enslavement.
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
My spirit say I should type (who no avoid you get bigger problems ahead because you came here with no joy)

Who no avoid you get bigger problems ahead because you came with no joy. abeg na igbo man as dem talk. sorry for am.

BloomingDale:

Oga, the name is meant to demean Africans. Stop romanticizing rubbish. Open your eyes before they stack you guys naked and in chains again bound for Europe, the path of the Equiano sea cable. Lolz.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Pain(m): 6:45pm On Apr 21, 2022
We got no NSA. Sad
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Bluffly: 6:45pm On Apr 21, 2022
BloomingDale:

Immortalize and honor a slave? WTH is wrong with you? The cable is for your second enslavement. They are just letting you know ahead of time.
What a shame of a thought

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by BloomingDale(f): 6:46pm On Apr 21, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
My spirit say I should type (who no avoid you get bigger problems ahead because you came here with no joy)

Who no avoid you get bigger problems ahead because you came with no joy. abeg na igbo man as dem talk. sorry for am.

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Funflipper: 6:46pm On Apr 21, 2022
Dawn91:

Take your time o.. but I am starting to envision what this man will do if only he weren't tribalistic..

What will he do for Edo state if ever he became president.. or you guys want him to corner the whole Nigeria it the southwest alone ?

Corner the whole Nigeria how? Other state governors steal and stash their loot overseas, those are considered saints according to many nigerians. But the one who invested his "loot" in Nigeria (when he could stashed it abroad like the rest of them) is the only one being vilified and accused of cornering his state resources.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by ariesbull: 6:46pm On Apr 21, 2022
Equiano is igbo from Iseke in present day Imo

4 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by BloomingDale(f): 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2022
Bluffly:

What a shame of a thought

Did I lie?
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by fred04(m): 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Na him develop lag?. Its federal government that designed it that way by closing all the seaports in the old Eastern region
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by engrchykae(m): 6:49pm On Apr 21, 2022
BloomingDale:

For your second enslavement. Equiano is the name of a famous slave boy that was captured and sold to Europeans during the first Trans Atlantic slave trade. Lolz
as if Nigeria is not a slave to British till date.
Just tell us your problem with the name it's that it's Ibo.
Nigeria is a slave of the British with the Fulani as house niggars of the estate.

3 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by arantess: 6:50pm On Apr 21, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Yes oo

May your family and friends be prosperous in the same shape APC has kept Nigeria oo

Ameeennn

3 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Easylifelomo(m): 6:50pm On Apr 21, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

me and my family will vote for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by fred04(m): 6:50pm On Apr 21, 2022
ariesbull:
Isieke or isseke
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by laiperi: 6:50pm On Apr 21, 2022
Olaudah Equiano is a great name, Igbo or any other African.

Recognize and respect African heroes no matter where they come from.

Some of you carry this ethnocentrism too far.

3 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by BloomingDale(f): 6:51pm On Apr 21, 2022
engrchykae:
as if Nigeria is not a slave to British till date.
Just tell us your problem with the name it's that it's Ibo.
Nigeria is a slave of the British with the Fulani as house niggars of the estate.

Where did you see me mention Igbo? Bia, be very kiaful. No dey use me play o
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by walozanga(m): 6:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
lexy2014:

What has this got to do with APC and Tinubu?

Na crase dey worry the guy
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Dawn91(m): 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2022
Funflipper:

Corner the whole Nigeria how? Other state governors steal and stash their loot overseas, those are considered saints according to many nigerians. But the one who invested his "loot" in Nigeria (when he could stashed it abroad like the rest of them) is the only one being vilified and accused of cornering his state resources.

You have a good point there o
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by 00FFT00(m): 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
Wickedness of the highest order. After you na education..damn!

These Tinubu people no go kill us cheesy
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by tamdun: 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2022
Dawn91:

Take your time o.. but I am starting to envision what this man will do if only he weren't tribalistic..

What will he do for Edo state if ever he became president.. or you guys want him to corner the whole Nigeria it the southwest alone ?
Do u know how many Edo indigene in Lagos state civil servant? What makes u think tinubu is tribalistic, this man had more non yoruba in his govt compare to any government up till date
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by harizonal123(m): 6:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
This was how glo main one arrived Lagos through the sea, yet we nor see any difference
Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
License to spy.

It is because we don't have the intellectual understanding of things, that is why, an american all the way from USA is laying subsea cables here on Nigeria shores

Finally! Someone with critical thinking skills.

Well done sir

2 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 6:57pm On Apr 21, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
License to spy.

It is because we don't have the intellectual understanding of things, that is why, an american all the way from USA is laying subsea cables here on Nigeria shores
I agree 100%

If there is anything to learn from the Ukraine war we must sanction proof our economy. If we need such a cable we should own and control it 100%

3 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by Bluffly: 6:57pm On Apr 21, 2022
BloomingDale:

Just be ready to follow the path of the Equiano sea cable during your second enslavement.
Have you read about the Egypt slavery?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Egypt
Is Egypt not part of Africa that also enslaved people from Europe? Think beyond.

Maybe you think the project is only around Africa
https://www.businessinsider.com/google-facebook-giant-undersea-cables-internet-tech-2021-9?r=US&IR=T#facebook-is-a-backer-of-the-2africa-cable-which-is-now-set-to-stretch-from-europe-around-africa-and-across-the-arabian-gulf-making-it-the-longest-cable-in-the-world-4

2 Likes

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by StPete: 6:58pm On Apr 21, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

I think it'll be better if you and your household worship jagaban instead. Nonsense and Asiwaju

1 Like

Re: Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 6:59pm On Apr 21, 2022
ariesbull:
How do you know ? You read it somewhere and chose to believe. You really do not know this for a fact. No one does

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Do People Still Fall For This?! / 10 Annoying Things People Do In A Whatsapp Group / Android Back Button Not Working; Try This Technique

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.