Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others (37238 Views)

Russia retaliates, bans Obama, 499 US Citizens over US sanctions / Russia Retaliates, Expels 85 Foreign Diplomats. France, 34. Spain 27. Italy 24 / Biography, Net Worth Of Kamala Harris, The US Vice President-Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by olas24u(f): 9:07pm On Apr 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Education and Healthcare? People seeking educations in Russia are mostly Africans and Indians wanting to escape their countries. A Russian education is not something that’s highly sought after.
As for healthcare, you have jokes! Russia imports over 95% of the pharmaceuticals used in the country. With all the highly educated people you said live there, why are they lagging so far behind in research and development?
Lies ,all eastern european education are of high quality.nobody is escaping their country.russia has given thousands of scholarahips to africans hoping human resources will change the face of africa.your thoughts and does other people that destroyed africa,are western ideas.our agriculture finance,steel,oil and gas etc are destroyed becaue of bretonwoods ideas.Somebody has come trying to change things that will impact you and your people,still you dont want to free yourselves

Friendship university in Russia was named after pratrice lubumba of Congo.

1 Like

Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by Excuzeme: 9:10pm On Apr 21, 2022
sosanova:
grin
99.99% of people on that list have never been to Russia in their life nor planning to even visit Russia in the future
Putin is a real confused clown

The same Russia that America and Europe depended on, to get their Astronauts to Space, for almost ten years, before Elon Musk's Space X came into being last year, is the one that relies on imported items for all it manufacturing? shocked shocked

The same Russia that built the LADA vehicle we use in Nigeria, in the early 70's? shocked shocked

Issorite.

I have been to Moscow before and was also in Ukraine Donetsk in the year 2006, for a six months training, if that makes any difference to the current discussion, which l think does not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by ultimateprof: 9:11pm On Apr 21, 2022
With Putin I stand.
Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by olas24u(f): 9:11pm On Apr 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

You said continents, not countries. You are naming countries, not any of the 7 continents in the world and I already said it spans Europe and Asia. You said three continents so what is the 3rd!
Did you take a straw out of your Coca-Cola and use it to suck up the entire Bering Sea? Last I checked, the Bering Sea and Straits separates Russia from the US. They share no border.
I know you are anti russia zbut am not ready for any arguments,north america is a continent
Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:17pm On Apr 21, 2022
olas24u:

Its shares border with America near Alaska,infact alaska use to be russia in time past.its shares with japan ,china,northkorea,and dozens of countries in the baltics,in the north of europe in the east of europe.

No it doesn’t. America shares a border with Mexico just like Nigeria shares a border with Benin. I can get in a car, drive through America and cross the border into Mexico. You can drive across Nigeria in a car and cross the border into Benin.
You were the moniker who told me to consult a map, right? Well here is a map with Russia on the left and Alaska on the right. Please tell the class where you can cross a border like the two examples I gave you:

Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by olas24u(f): 9:19pm On Apr 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

No it doesn’t. America shares a border with Mexico just like Nigeria shares a border with Benin. I can get in a car, drive thru the US and cross the border into Mexico. You can leave Nigeria in a car and cross the border into Benin. Here is a map with Russia on the left and Alaska on the right. Please tell me where you can cross a border like the two examples I gave you:

Lol! There different kinds of borders. English was the problem.
Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by olas24u(f): 9:21pm On Apr 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

No it doesn’t. America shares a border with Mexico just like Nigeria shares a border with Benin. I can get in a car, drive through America and cross the border into Mexico. You can drive across Nigeria in a car and cross the border into Benin.
You were the moniker who told me to consult a map, right? Well here is a map with Russia on the left and Alaska on the right. Please tell the class where you can cross a border like the two examples I gave you:

Russia borders Kazakhstan, China, Mongolia, and North Korea in the south. Additionally, the country shares maritime borders with Sweden, Japan (by the Sea of Okhotsk) and the U.S. state of Alaska across the Bering Strait

2 Likes

Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by Excuzeme: 9:21pm On Apr 21, 2022
abbey621:

What does Russia offer someone like Kamala? Answer this since you know so much about international politics grin grin grin

Some Sanctions, just like this one, are "Symbolic"!
It is like when joe Biden called President Putin a War Criminal, the next question is: Can yu then go and arrest the War Criminal? grin grin

But then, most people think Sanctions is just about getting Visa to travel to a country?

Sanction do affect your relationship with other countries, it affects your financial transactions, it affects whether your Plane can over-fly the Sanctioning country, it affects, you could be on a No-Fly list or Transition across a Country.
Even other Countries can use it as an excuse to deny you your rights.

What Russia just did, is to tell America that they also have the "Authority" to issue Sanctions like America, how effective the Sanction is, is another story entirely.
Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:21pm On Apr 21, 2022
olas24u:

I know you are anti russia zbut am not ready for any arguments,north america is a continent

Yes it is. Now show the class an actual border between Russia and North America.
Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by Angel55555(m): 9:22pm On Apr 21, 2022
shaggy007:
Most myopic people will ask why Russia is sanctioning people.

They'll say "who wan visit Russia sef?"

It's very bad to be sanctioned by a country.

It has a ripple effect.

In time, you will see the effect of these sanctions.
Not from a country like Russia?
When last did the sanctioned individuals visited Russia last?

1 Like

Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by Excuzeme: 9:24pm On Apr 21, 2022
Angel55555:

Not from a country like Russia?
When last did the sanctioned individuals visited Russia last?

Putin is under sanction from the US......
When last did Putin visit America?
undecided undecided
Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:24pm On Apr 21, 2022
olas24u:

Russia borders Kazakhstan, China, Mongolia, and North Korea in the south. Additionally, the country shares maritime borders with Sweden, Japan (by the Sea of Okhotsk) and the U.S. state of Alaska across the Bering Strait

Just as I told you before.
The Bering Strait is a SEA, not a border. Now that I’ve pointed that out, you switched up and said MARITIME border which is a totally different thing. If you want to get technical about it, Nigeria shares a MARITIME BORDER with North America too but there is no border between the two countries.
Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:26pm On Apr 21, 2022
olas24u:

Lies ,all eastern european education are of high quality.nobody is escaping their country.russia has given thousands of scholarahips to africans hoping human resources will change the face of africa.your thoughts and does other people that destroyed africa,are western ideas.our agriculture finance,steel,oil and gas etc are destroyed becaue of bretonwoods ideas.Somebody has come trying to change things that will impact you and your people,still you dont want to free yourselves.

Thousands? Well can you list at least 20?
Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by Angel55555(m): 9:28pm On Apr 21, 2022
Excuzeme:

Putin is under sanction from the US......
When last did Putin visit America?
undecided undecided
His associates owns properties worth billions of dollars in the US and Europe generally ask them the effects of the sanctions. A very good example is roman the owner of Chelsea a well-known putin oligarch and associate

2 Likes

Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by olas24u(f): 9:28pm On Apr 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Just as I told you before.
The Bering Strait is a SEA, not a border. Now that I’ve pointed that out, you switched up and said MARITIME border which is a totally different thing. If you want to get technical about it, Nigeria shares a MARITIME BORDER with North America too but there is no border between the two countries.
what is the argument about? Its a border within 2 countries, I use the word border, Its a maritime border, not a land border, tbey are next to each other.

1 Like

Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:30pm On Apr 21, 2022
olas24u:

Lies ,all eastern european education are of high quality.nobody is escaping their country.russia has given thousands of scholarahips to africans hoping human resources will change the face of africa.your thoughts and does other people that destroyed africa,are western ideas.our agriculture finance,steel,oil and gas etc are destroyed becaue of bretonwoods ideas.Somebody has come trying to change things that will impact you and your people,still you dont want to free yourselves.

My father is from Nigeria, I was born here in America and I’m a very free thinker but that’s neither here nor there.
High quality education as compared to what? I cannot be convinced that an education in Russia is highly desired and sought after.

2 Likes

Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:30pm On Apr 21, 2022
Xhuntra:

Mooh247 is a rapist. Dude raped his mother and his little cousin. He is currently on the run

My guy are you serious?
Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by Pastorsmile: 9:30pm On Apr 21, 2022
Can you imagine what almighty Putin has turned himself to? Total joke

3 Likes

Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
Pastorsmile:
Can you imagine what almighty Putin has turned himself to? Total joke

Yes he really has. Before this invasion, the majority of the world viewed Russia as a powerful country shrouded in mystery but now that shroud has been yanked off to reveal the joke that it is.

3 Likes

Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by greggng: 9:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
Demolakay:

Dis one think Russia is a small country, dishing out innuendo subtilty.He forget dat most pple on d sanction list are diplomats,who are obliged to visit different countries of d world for diplomatic missions.

When you are at war with a country , what is the essence of diplomatic mission? They are only ban from entering Russia....they are free to visit other part of Europe. Putin can only visit those countries called axis of evil ie China, North Korea and Belarus. Check them they ve one thing in common...sit tight dictators as leaders

4 Likes

Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by olas24u(f): 9:33pm On Apr 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Thousands? Well can you list at least 20?
Aja okuta steel alone 3 thousand personal were trained, some got married to Russian women you see in Nigeria back in does days. Many doctors and engineers,from egbin powerplant in Southwest Nigeria, go to their estate in ijede in ikorodu to ask,many have died, because of hardship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by olas24u(f): 9:37pm On Apr 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

My father is from Nigeria, I was born here in America and I’m a very free thinker but that’s neither here nor there.
High quality education as compared to what? I cannot be convinced that an education in Russia is highly desired and sought after.

The engineering, health care, shipping and maritime, military are superberb and good for developing countries. They are practical people.

1 Like

Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:45pm On Apr 21, 2022
olas24u:
what is the argument about? Its a border within 2 countries, I use the word border, Its a maritime border, not a land border, tbey are next to each other.

Fact is that Nigeria is nearly as close in distance to Angola than Russia is to Alaska. In order to get from Russia to North America, you must cross 4,725 kilometers of water that is the Bering Sea.
You’re trying to play semantics but English was never the problem. You guys said that Russia shared a border with America just as it does with the other countries you all named, none of which have a sea between them and Russia.
Truly intelligent people don’t have a problem admitting that they were wrong.

1 Like

Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by CoronaVirusPro: 9:50pm On Apr 21, 2022
olas24u:

You are analysing a country from where you can prosper point of view.Russia is a powerful country,and shares border with 3 continents ,resource rich ,educated population.

Prosper in Russia?

With slavery wage?

What happens in Russia?

Its just an upgrade of Nigeria that happens to be in Europe.

A average Nigerian doing far better than his counterpart in Russia.

1 Like

Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by olas24u(f): 9:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Fact is that Nigeria is nearly as close in distance to Angola than Russia is to Alaska. In order to get from Russia to North America, you must cross 4,725 kilometers of water that is the Bering Sea.
You’re trying to play semantics but English was never the problem. You guys said that Russia shared a border with America just as it does with the other countries you all named, none of which have a sea between them and Russia.
Truly intelligent people don’t have a problem admitting that they were wrong.
Political borders.
Natural borders.
Landscape borders.
Geometric borders.
Fiat borders.
Relic borders.
Lines of Control.
Maritime borders
Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by olas24u(f): 9:55pm On Apr 21, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Prosper in Russia?

With slavery wage?

What happens in Russia?

Its just an upgrade of Nigeria that happens to be in Europe.

A average Nigerian doing far better than his counterpart in Russia.

You were the one that listed countries which were naturally capitalist and analysing from the strength of their economies and were people will migrate. since the world is like this the best of us live outside of our country. It should not be like that, you are meant to help your country to grow.
Re: Russia retaliates, sanctions Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Others by abbey621(m): 9:56pm On Apr 21, 2022
Excuzeme:

Some Sanctions, just like this one, are "Symbolic"!
It is like when joe Biden called President Putin a War Criminal, the next question is: Can yu then go and arrest the War Criminal? grin grin

But then, most people think Sanctions is just about getting Visa to travel to a country?

Sanction do affect your relationship with other countries, it affects your financial transactions, it affects whether your Plane can over-fly the Sanctioning country, it affects, you could be on a No-Fly list or Transition across a Country.
Even other Countries can use it as an excuse to deny you your rights.

What Russia just did, is to tell America that they also have the "Authority" to issue Sanctions like America, how effective the Sanction is, is another story entirely.

Ask yourself why do so many countries fear American sanctions? The answer is simple, American sanctions are not singular but multi facet. American ban is as good as U.N ban, is as good as European ban and so on. Russia sanctioning Kamala, even tho it is symbolic, I still fail to see what it actually enforces. Kamala no dey spend Russian currency, she no get Russian assets, so what exactly?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Witches Protest In Ghana Over Leap Allowance / British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia / Melania Trump Arrives In Ghana, To Visit Other Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.