Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,152 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? (15897 Views)

61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos / "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says / How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by jkuvira: 6:47pm On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I answered your questions in detail. Only you don't seem particularly pleased with the answer instead.. undecided

If you answered my questions, I wouldn't recall them back even if I'm not pleased with the response. There's a difference between a direct answer and an evasive one. You weren't only evasive but at times out of context. You know what I'm talking about.
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Apr 25, 2022
jkuvira:
If you answered my questions, I wouldn't recall them back even if I'm not pleased with the response. There's a difference between a direct answer and an evasive one. You weren't only evasive but at times out of context. You know what I'm talking about.
Oh boy! undecided

Alright, what questions do you claim I did not answer? undecided
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by jkuvira: 6:55pm On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Open your eyes and mind so you can clearly comprehend what is being said to you. undecided

In the very same context of Genesis 3 vs 16, God also placed a curse on woman(irrespective of marital status) in child pregnancy and childbirth. Yes, the same God who commanded, "Be fruitful and multiply" in Genesis 1 vs 28, in Genesis 3 vs 16a cursed childbearing, so that every child born into this world is born via God's curse. undecided
Can that which is born of God's curse be of God's blessing? undecided

God cursed everyone born into this world as a result of the above(and all the other curses in the context of Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22). undecided

2. My emojis as my thing. They are sort of markers to guide my sight through my statements . undecided

3. Point to the contradictions - I challenge you. undecided

1. Read your comments again and check if your statements are not contradicting each other. To avoid that next time, try to be clear. There's a reason why the word 'however' exists. Ands it's even as if 'however' helps to write your contradiction.

2. Your emojis didn't begin this discussion at least for a good length. Besides you being using one particular emoji more - the one on confusion. I wonder what brought the emojis in-between all this.

3. I'm not doing that. You're intelligent enough to know where you contradicted yourself
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Apr 25, 2022
jkuvira:
1. Read your comments again and check if your statements are not contradicting each other. To avoid that next time, try to be clear. There's a reason why the word 'however' exists. Ands it's even as if 'however' helps to write your contradiction.

2. Your emojis didn't begin this discussion at least for a good length. Besides you being using one particular emoji more - the one on confusion. I wonder what brought the emojis in-between all this.

3. I'm not doing that. You're intelligent enough to know where you contradicted yourself
1. Stop needling and point out the contradictions which you continue to accuse of of! undecided

2. Go back through my comments to you and you will find them featured in most every one of my comments to you. undecided

3. Stop with the nitpicking and get to the point. Where are the contradictions that you accuse me of? undecided
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by dalass(f): 7:08pm On Apr 25, 2022
Visasolution048:

Please do yourself a favor, wake up to reality... I repeat stop tagging yourself "uncivilized" because your culture doesn't accommodate anomalies. Everybody lives according to costume and values. Non is superior to the other..Unless for Dumb Africans...

Repeating the same things make you sound like a broken record..

Swerve abeg undecided
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by jkuvira: 7:35pm On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
undecided

We were having a nice discussion. Not until you used the Scriptures to say things, imply things it didn't say. That clearly reflected a short of knowledge and understanding.

God placed a curse on mankind through Adam and Eve, yes. How does that help us here. Before the curse, God create woman to complement man. Did that make them co-equals? Then how did the curse affect gender equality? Did the curse stop them from complementing each other? Or are you terming complementing equality? How does Christ coming to redeem mankind okay gender equality?

The Head of the Woman is the Man. The Head of the man is Christ. The Head of Christ is God.
Did Christ's redeeming of humans change this? Make everyone equal? All of this goes beyond what you see in front of you. In my Christian belief, everyone is responsible for his own salvation, married or single. The faith of the husband doesn't save the wife, despite him being the head of his household. The faith of an unmarried woman is not even tied to her father. And this fact about what saves you has existed centuries before Christ arrived.

All this doesn't change the fact that the man is the head of his household in a family setting. You can argue this to the ends of the earth and back. You can also argue God making the man the head of his household to the earth and back. You can also argue the fact that God set the standard for marriage, the institution he approved, to the earth and back. The answer to all this is - He did.

If that truth doesn't seem like truth to you, your choice, your freewill.

And for emphasis, next time correct use the Scriptures. Using it to say things it didn't say, imply things it did imply, betrays a short of knowledge and understanding. It shows that you browsed through the pages to fight. There was no open mind to begin with, so how would you have comprehended. It not the job of God to help you understand, when you're not open to it in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by jkuvira: 7:41pm On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Stop needling and point out the contradictions which you continue to accuse of of! undecided

2. Go back through my comments to you and you will find them featured in most every one of my comments to you. undecided

3. Stop with the nitpicking and get to the point. Where are the contradictions that you accuse me of? undecided

It's of no use. You know the meaning of contradiction. I began this conversation in page 9. You'll see your evasiveness and out of context replys when you should have just been direct. You'll also see your contradictions.
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Visasolution048: 7:43pm On Apr 25, 2022
dalass:

Swerve abeg undecided

Swerve abeg :-
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 7:45pm On Apr 25, 2022
jkuvira:
It's of no use. You know the meaning of contradiction. I began this conversation in page 9. You'll see your evasiveness and out of context replys when you should have just been direct. You'll also see your contradictions.
Bandying the word Contradiction around does not a contradiction prove.. undecided

So again, point out the contradicting statements you accuse me of making. undecided
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 7:54pm On Apr 25, 2022
jkuvira:
1. We were having a nice discussion. Not until you used the Scriptures to say things, imply things it didn't say. That clearly reflected a short of knowledge and understanding.

2. God placed a curse on mankind through Adam and Eve, yes. How does that help us here. Before the curse, God create woman to complement man. Did that make them co-equals? Then how did the curse affect gender equality? Did the curse stop them from complementing each other? Or are you terming complementing equality?

3. How does Christ coming to redeem mankind okay gender equality?

4. The Head of the Woman is the Man. The Head of the man is Christ. The Head of Christ is God.
Did Christ's redeeming of humans change this? Make everyone equal? All of this goes beyond what you see in front of you. In my Christian belief, everyone is responsible for his own salvation, married or single. The faith of the husband doesn't save the wife, despite him being the head of his household. The faith of an unmarried woman is not even tied to her father. And this fact about what saves you has existed centuries before Christ arrived.

5. All this doesn't change the fact that the man is the head of his household in a family setting. You can argue this to the ends of the earth and back. You can also argue God making the man the head of his household to the earth and back. You can also argue the fact that God set the standard for marriage, the institution he approved, to the earth and back. The answer to all this is - He did.

If that truth doesn't seem like truth to you, your choice, your freewill.

6. And for emphasis, next time correct use the Scriptures. Using it to say things it didn't say, imply things it did imply, betrays a short of knowledge and understanding. It shows that you browsed through the pages to fight. There was no open mind to begin with, so how would you have comprehended. It not the job of God to help you understand, when you're not open to it in the first place.
1. Recall, you were the one who leveled false accusations against God in your attempt at using God to justify your stance in this. undecided

2. Submission, the root of your belief in gender inequality, was born of God's curse on marriage in Genesis 3 vs 16 undecided

3. Jesus Christ set Himself as only Head/Master, Helper, Teacher, Authority/Leader over all those who belong to the Kingdom of God, declaring them all equals - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10 undecided

4. Jesus Christ refused His followers authority to sit as head over the others, and He never gave any man Authority to seat in the seat that belongs to Him alone over the others. undecided

5. That which is born of a curse cannot be argued for in light of God this since no unholy can enter into the presence of God. undecided

6. You conveniently confuse me of incorrectly using scripture but you never actually pointed out where exactly this I did what you claim..isn't that interesting! undecided
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by jkuvira: 7:55pm On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Bandying the word Contradiction around does not a contradiction prove.. undecided

So again, point out the contradicting statements you accuse me of making. undecided

It's seems like you want to have the last word. There, you have it. I have concluded this discussion. Whatever you do with it is up to you. And it's not my job to make you feel whole about what you hold true. So if you want to have the last word, have it. If you have the time, looks for the things I pointed out to you. I can't do that for you either. Whatever you do with your time is up to you, too. It was nice having a talk with you. I hope we see on another thread whether or not we agree on whatever's there.
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by jkuvira: 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Recall, you were the one who leveled false accusations against God in your attempt at using God to justify your stance in this. undecided

2. Submission, the root of your belief in gender inequality, was born of God's curse on marriage in Genesis 3 vs 16 undecided

3. Jesus Christ set Himself as only Head/Master, Helper, Teacher, Authority/Leader over all those who belong to the Kingdom of God, declaring them all equals - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10 undecided

4. Jesus Christ refused His followers authority to sit as head over the others, and He never gave any man Authority to seat in the seat that belongs to Him alone over the others. undecided

5. That which is born of a curse cannot be argued for in light of God this since no unholy can enter into the presence of God. undecided

6. You conveniently confuse me of incorrectly using scripture but you never actually pointed out where exactly this I did what you claim..isn't that interesting! undecided

Mr Kobo, if a statement of facts are false accusations to you, suit yourself. It's very easy to take the Book, open it and see for yourself. It'd save you a whole lot of face next time, so you don't sound unintelligent, as one lacking good sense, or was spoonfed all what he's saying.

P.S. I didn't want to reply to this till I saw you use the word false accusations. I just had to set the records straight on that.

It was nice having a chat with you, again.
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Apr 25, 2022
jkuvira:
It's seems like you want to have the last word. There, you have it. I have concluded this discussion. Whatever you do with it is up to you. And it's not my job to make you feel whole about what you hold true. So if you want to have the last word, have it. If you have the time, looks for the things I pointed out to you. I can't do that for you either. Whatever you do with your time is up to you, too. It was nice having a talk with you. I hope we see on another thread whether or not we agree on whatever's there.
Last word? I am simply trying to get you to back up your accusations with facts. Didn't realize you are already gunning for last words in this. undecided
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Apr 25, 2022
jkuvira:
Mr Kobo, if a statement of facts are false accusations to you, suit yourself. It's very easy to take the Book, open it and see for yourself. It'd save you a whole lot of face next time, so you don't sound unintelligent, as one lacking good sense.
It's easy yet you were unable to - not even once - attempt what might at least be construed an intelligent rebuttal to all that was stated from scripture? undecided
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by jkuvira: 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
It's easy yet you were unable to - not even once - attempt what might at least be construed an intelligent rebuttal to all that was stated from scripture? undecided

Again

Mr Kobo, if a statement of facts are false accusations to you, suit yourself. It's very easy to take the Book, open it and see for yourself. It'd save you a whole lot of face next time, so you don't sound unintelligent, as one lacking good sense, or was spoonfed all what he's saying.

P.S. I didn't want to reply to this till I saw you use the word false accusations. I just had to set the records straight on that.

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 8:05pm On Apr 25, 2022
jkuvira:
Again

Again... It's easy yet you were unable to - not even once - attempt what might at least be construed an intelligent rebuttal to all that was stated from scripture? undecided
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Sureplug123(m): 8:13pm On Apr 25, 2022
apatheticme:

Ha ha ha ha

Weyrey Slave dey disguise

I'm sure your ancestors at your local village were the ones that developed the code!! grin cheesy

Mumu black man, see as he dey quickly claim white man's effort as "universal code". Ha, na wa for you. See how you quickly rubbished the works of people like Steve Jobs, Guido Van Rossum, Tim Berners Lee etc "claiming code is universal"

Because you now have access to their sweat and the foundation they laid in programming today at the flick of a button, you're bragging yada yada yada online!

Ozwor, which one your ancestors develop??
funny coming from you. Same you that said naija guys value Caucasians more than our own women.
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Eketem: 9:41pm On Apr 25, 2022
1. Bride price; it conotes ownership, till women stand against bride price they will be under a man in marriage.

2. Financial responsibility: Women will be the first to shout how finances are a man's responsibility, reject Financial equality in marriage.
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by apatheticme(f): 10:38pm On Apr 25, 2022
Sureplug123:
funny coming from you. Same you that said naija guys value Caucasians more than our own women.

wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Mouhstorph5(m): 6:24am On Apr 26, 2022
I think the proponents of Gender Equality need to define the concept properly and redrills it into the minds of the people. A whole lot has misinterpreted the concept.

Gender Equality is to position women in governance and not in marriages

Husband is an ordained responsibility where no amount of women's emancipation will change that.

The earlier we understand this, the better it is for our society, and the earlier we save ourselves from frivolous topics here and there.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Spherical77(m): 7:04am On Apr 26, 2022
sollolucci77:

You better stop hiding behind a male account
We know say you be woman just have some balls not to hide your gender
see you. So everyone clamouring for gender equality na woman Abi? You think say everybody go dey reason like u abi

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Spherical77(m): 7:40am On Apr 26, 2022
ABANGWABOI:

No wonder we have a shitty public service system and administration in the country now..
You are a colossal disgrace to the establishment you worked for..

Feminized imp.
He is far more sensible than you in millions. Our parents played their role diligently and had a blissful marriage. My father is married for 38years now and he doesn't feel or reason that his wife is below him or something. He does the cooking and laundry at times and heaven did not fall. He has never for a day raises his hand to hit my mother. My mum also confirmed it to us her kids. Do you think my mum or dad is that perfect for them not to have had issues? Ofcourse not. But i guess they were from a good and responsible home who never witnessed their father abusing their mother or something. They were properly raised.

My only sister is happily married today. Her marriage is 13 years and they live happily. The man also does not have this mentality of he's more superior or important than his wife. He doesn't feel domestic chores are solely the work of women. They both love and respect themselves.

Once there's true love and understanding everything will go smoothly. A man who crave so much for submissive woman is a dunce and definitely up to something. Mutual love and respect is key.

In summary, marry who truly love you as a man and woman and make the person get sense join. Trust me you guys won't have much issues in marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 26, 2022
Spherical77:
see you. So everyone clamouring for gender equality na woman Abi? You think say everybody go dey reason like u abi

I know this is another female hiding behind a male account...come back and mention me with a real account
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by edoairways: 9:06am On Apr 26, 2022
Gee64:
I laugh at you in vernacular!

I'm a man in his late 50s and a retired Public Servant.

I speak without prejudice to sex.
Just ignore him

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Spherical77(m): 10:19am On Apr 26, 2022
sollolucci77:

I know this is another female hiding behind a male account...come back and mention me with a real account
continue in your ignorance wink
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by ABANGWABOI(m): 8:00pm On Apr 26, 2022
Spherical77:
He is far more sensible than you in millions. Our parents played their role diligently and had a blissful marriage. My father is married for 38years now and he doesn't feel or reason that his wife is below him or something. He does the cooking and laundry at times and heaven did not fall. He has never for a day raises his hand to hit my mother. My mum also confirmed it to us her kids. Do you think my mum or dad is that perfect for them not to have had issues? Ofcourse not. But i guess they were from a good and responsible home who never witnessed their father abusing their mother or something. They were properly raised.

My only sister is happily married today. Her marriage is 13 years and they live happily. The man also does not have this mentality of he's more superior or important than his wife. He doesn't feel domestic chores are solely the work of women. They both love and respect themselves.

Once there's true love and understanding everything will go smoothly. A man who crave so much for submissive woman is a dunce and definitely up to something. Mutual love and respect is key.

In summary, marry who truly love you as a man and woman and make the person get sense join. Trust me you guys won't have much issues in marriage.

Your father and sister's husband are both Weaklings..
A Real man don't do chores and is superior to his wives..
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 27, 2022
apatheticme:

Dude, abeg today is a very special day for me!!

It's my birthday. Don't ruin it abeg, can't banter words now, let me enjoy my special day, it's not easy to be a year older. Already High on VSOP!

#April born #proudly taurean!
See ya tomorrow, to resume banters! Tnks wink
Happy byday big mama. grin
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Gee64: 12:45pm On Sep 12, 2022
The woman is the gateway to human existence and must be highly appreciated and respected.
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Gee64: 11:16am On Oct 25, 2022
Gender equality is a no-go area in Africa. Why?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying / Is It Wrong To Show Gratitude? / Nagging Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.