Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,303 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage (1999 Views)

I Am Tired Of My Marriage / I Am Tired Of My Wife / "I Am Tired Of Seeing My Husband's Hard Joystick Every Morning!" - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by janejjjjj5000: 7:09am On Apr 23, 2022
Hello everyone,

Here is my post from yesterday.

https://www.nairaland.com/7090858/tired-marriage

I thank you all for the feedback - the kind words, chastisements, and even insults. I see them all as help. For the first time in being married for14 years, I spoke about my marriage and I am glad I did. I feel very relieved.

My husband is very sorry and has decided that we will seek family therapy. He told me he does not want our home to break and that he is willing that we work together to fix this. What I like the most is that he also agrees that he needs to work on himself. I have my faults too and I am also willing to work on myself. We have found an experienced therapist that we believe will be a good fit to help us.

Even though some of the comments yesterday were harsh, I learnt from them. I had no boyfriend before marriage. My husband and I got married to each other as virgins and there is no ex boyfriend anywhere telling me anything. I am not a cheat. We have been born-again from our youth. I am not a promiscuous person. I was just feeling down yesterday and decided to pour our my heart. I was tired of bottling up my emotions because I have the habit of not discussing my home. I got tired and was feeling very confused yesterday but I am much better now. Still, I don't regret putting up that post. God used everybody who commented to point me in the right direction.

I am grateful to those who suggested therapy. I was not thinking in that direction at all but you gave me the idea. I thank everybody who got involved. May God bless you all.

Amen.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Bullet01(f): 7:12am On Apr 23, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by hopeforcharles(m): 7:14am On Apr 23, 2022
janejjjjj5000:
Hello everyone,

I thank you all for the feedback - the kind words, chastisements, and even insults. I see them all as help. For the first time in being married for14 years, I spoke about my marriage and I am glad I did. I feel very relieved.

My husband is very sorry and has decided that we will seek family therapy. He told me he does not want our home to break and that he is willing that we work together to fix this. What I like the most is that he also agrees that he needs to work on himself. I have my faults too and I am also willing to work on myself. We have found an experienced therapist that we believe will be a good fit to help us.

Even though some of the comments yesterday were harsh, I learnt from them. I had no boyfriend before marriage. My husband and I got married to each other as virgins and there is no ex boyfriend anywhere telling me anything. I am not a cheat. We have been born-again from our youth. I am not a promiscuous person. I was just feeling down yesterday and decided to pour our my heart. I was tired of bottling up my emotions because I have the habit of not discussing my home. I got tired and was feeling very confused yesterday but I am much better now. Still, I don't regret putting up that post. God used everybody who commented to point me in the right direction.

I am grateful to those who suggested therapy. I was not thinking in that direction at all but you gave me the idea. I thank everybody who got involved. May God bless you all.

Amen.
Great wishing u all the best in your marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by baby124: 7:16am On Apr 23, 2022
No believe your pastor that he and his wife don’t argue or fight. Everybody argues and has disagreement. If you don’t experience that and resolve your issues then you are not growing in that marriage. I don’t mean physical or abusive fights o!! Please go to church and focus on worshipping God. Every other aspect of your life has professionals who can handle it. Some of these Pastors abuse their wives seriously, batter them into silence thinking the women will be too ashamed to expose them. So don’t take their words too seriously, work with the personalities in your marriage and try to figure out what works for you!

Everyone will advice you based on their own character and values when the person you are married to is completely different and requires a different approach. That is why you can not progress getting advise from anyone. It has to be a professional. Two cannot walk together if they do not agree, remember?

6 Likes

Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by chatinent: 7:20am On Apr 23, 2022
I just want to be sure “flaring up” you meant and are against doesn't mean correcting them.
Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by DWJOBScom(m): 7:21am On Apr 23, 2022
janejjjjj5000:
Hello everyone,

Amen.

This is positive and am glad you got help over here.
Sometimes it is okay to put the story out here and hope for the best
The insane ones are here but the sane crew comes in later,
At some point you may need to go back and review all the contributions am sure you missed out some.
God bless you both and i pray you find the love back and rekindle the admiration and friendship
Stay strong

4 Likes

Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by LesbianBoy(m): 7:38am On Apr 23, 2022
Simps dey suffer for women hand sha angry

3 Likes

Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by DoctorOlasDesk: 7:48am On Apr 23, 2022
DWJOBScom:

This is positive and am glad you got help over here.
Sometimes it is okay to put the story out here and hope for the best
The insane ones are here but the sane crew comes in later,
At some point you may need to go back and review all the contributions am sure you missed out some.
God bless you both and i pray you find the love back and rekindle the admiration and friendship
Stay strong

grin The insane ones are here but the sane crew comes in later

3 Likes

Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by opera1(m): 7:48am On Apr 23, 2022
Sincerely you are blessed with a wonderful husband. God is leading in your home so please don't ever think about the option of opting out.
No home is perfect but we just need to try our best to make work to our taste.

Your husband loves you and his children.

4 Likes

Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 7:52am On Apr 23, 2022
janejjjjj5000:
My husband is very sorry and has decided that we will seek family therapy. He told me he does not want our home to break and that he is willing that we work together to fix this. What I like the most is that he also agrees that he needs to work on himself. I have my faults too and I am also willing to work on myself. We have found an experienced therapist that we believe will be a good fit to help us..
And be sure to seek Professional marriage counselors and therapists, not church magicians abeg. undecided

If your husband requires Anger management therapy, Try to Make sure he follows through with it in addition to marriage counseling of course. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by wiseone28: 8:55am On Apr 23, 2022
I have learnt that a man should not marry a lady of 25 years old and below to avoid wahala..

With this your story.

2 Likes

Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by frozen70(f): 9:11am On Apr 23, 2022
janejjjjj5000:
Hello everyone,

Amen.

You have done well

3 Likes

Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by nicerod(m): 9:17am On Apr 23, 2022
Thank God for everything

Have a blossom union

4 Likes

Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:19am On Apr 23, 2022
janejjjjj5000:
Hello everyone,

Amen.

What do you do for work/ earning/fun/hobbies etc.

Asides family, what do you do?
Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by DoctorOlasDesk: 10:22am On Apr 23, 2022
janejjjjj5000:
Hello everyone,

Amen.

You both don't have anything doing outside family and kids this is your core challenge.

Start filling your lives with :

1. Short vacations. Even if it's just a Saturday, find a place he and the kids or you and the kids would go and spend the entire day. Not an expensive vacation. Even if it's going for a Saturday bible class with the family far away from the usual surroundings you share

2. Get involved in family time. Like make moyin moyin and everyone must be involved including dad

Develop activities that will create the atmosphere for bonding and expression

Stop staying at home morning till night doing nothing. That's what's creating the crises. If you're all engaged and distracted the same time, they won't be time to fight and argue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Bignuell(m): 10:23am On Apr 23, 2022
We want to see christian homes thrive and blossom amidst all the news we hear everyday. I said something concerning the previous post and it's good you didn't take any advise to heart despite how hurtful it might be. Alot of people will tell you the truth in the most hurtful manner, but it's still the truth. I know cheating and domestic violence seems to be the pioneer of endured and broken marriages and yours is void of that. So work on it. Wish you the best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Richy4(m): 10:35am On Apr 23, 2022

Your husband is almost like a righteous manOoo.. gets angry almost three times a year only... Has never beaten you and will never dream of that for 14yrs... Apologies when he was wrong.... And you were done? shocked..

Chi!!!!! I wish the Osinachi lady singer saw your husband first before you, she wouldn't have died embarassed
Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by JovialJune(f): 10:39am On Apr 23, 2022
[s]
LesbianBoy:
Simps dey suffer for women hand sha angry
[/s]

Bitter nonentity, your kind hates happy ending

Change.

5 Likes

Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by JovialJune(f): 10:43am On Apr 23, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

2. Get involved in family time. Like make moyin moyin and everyone must be involved including dad

Is the bolded supposed to be moi-moi? Lmao cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by DoctorOlasDesk: 10:45am On Apr 23, 2022
JovialJune:

Is the bolded supposed to be moi-moi? Lmao cheesy

I'm working jare. My mind dey everywhere
Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by LisaAnneMia: 11:09am On Apr 23, 2022
I'm happy for u dear...a man who apologizes whenever he's wrong and who's willing to change? Wow
Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by koyyess: 11:32am On Apr 23, 2022
Ok madam. We have heard. undecided
Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Dawn91(m): 11:37am On Apr 23, 2022
This is me caring about your marriage

Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Klass99(f): 12:12pm On Apr 23, 2022
cool

2 Likes

Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by NoToPile: 2:26pm On Apr 23, 2022
Nice one, good you talked about it jare, ignore the bad comments now you both can work on it.

God bless you.
Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Richy4(m): 3:36pm On Apr 23, 2022
Klass99:

Ify Belgium, what are you saying? grin

It is not about the frequency of his angry outbursts, but the amount of damage caused when those outbursts occur, that bothered her.

A male friend used to break expensive home appliances in the heat of the moment, only to start buying new ones to replace damaged ones. Until he decided to borrow sense one day, now he drives off and returns when he has cooled off.

Most times it's the words uttered in such moments we have problems with. She wasn't done, as in completely checking out, just extremely weary and needed to vent. Her update made me smile, so it is all good now.

Osinachi had a choice and she made it. We always have a choice in this life.

Klass, you still remember our Ify Belgium project cheesy

I like your friend a lot.. he contributed to the growth of the Nigerian GDP grin

I'm actually happy that OP has come to her right senses.. I wish there is something like marriage swap... Like 2 months swap for couples who were a bit tired about their marriages... They swap with other couples who were in the same boat.. rules devoid of tribes, cultural background etc Just to see how greener some marriages were on the other side cool

5 Likes

Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by BusinessPlan22: 5:18pm On Apr 23, 2022
janejjjjj5000:
Hello everyone,

Amen.

Na u know... We don't care.
Ashawo dey ur eyes
Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Eboski(m): 5:31pm On Apr 23, 2022
Don’t believe your pastor coming to the alter that him and his wife have never had misunderstandings, neither papa or any of them, you don’t stay with them, I am also a believer(winner’s Chapel) let me not go there focus on your marriage , they will never tell you the truth about what goes on in their home.

They will only preach to us what will want to hear , build your home, your husband is every woman’s dream man.

Even me with not come out and be telling the congregations my wife and I done have issues in our marriage , it will a bad omen to myself as a pastor.

So you believed papa and mama had never quarrel for all the years they have married?

With the money and people coming around them?

Even mama and Bishop Abioye’s wife don’t tag along let me tell you this……

I will stop here……..

I am happy for you

You can check my profile I married in winners Chapel
Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Klass99(f): 6:33pm On Apr 23, 2022
cool

1 Like

Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by silibaba: 11:03pm On Apr 23, 2022
janejjjjj5000:
Hello everyone,

Amen.

Small pikin still dey worry you.
Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by UjuJoan2: 1:38am On Apr 24, 2022
janejjjjj5000:
Hello everyone,

Amen.

I think you got married too early and with no experience, and you are feeling trapped. What you narrated is not even enough to get someone depressed so your problem lies deeper than your husband’s behavior.

Trust me, I know the feeling. Therapy is good, but the feeling will pass. Just hang in there and find other things to put your attention and focus.
Re: Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by DeeMain(m): 5:52pm On Apr 25, 2022
Klass99:

Ify Belgium, what are you saying? grin

It is not about the frequency of his angry outbursts, but the amount of damage caused when those outbursts occur, that bothered her.

A male friend used to break expensive home appliances in the heat of the moment, only to start buying new ones to replace damaged ones. Until he decided to borrow sense one day, now he drives off and returns when he has cooled off.

Most times it's the words uttered in such moments we have problems with. She wasn't done, as in completely checking out, just extremely weary and needed to vent. Her update made me smile, so it is all good now.

Osinachi had a choice and she made it. We always have a choice in this life.

Please, don't put words into her mouth. Where did she ever say what you wrote up there? What you are doing is called projection.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Wahala, I Need A Lawyer / Be Careful With Helping Strangers -someone I Assisted With Accommodation Almost / Six Signs Your Husband Can't Live Without You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.