Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Should I Apply For My Masters For My Son's Sake? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Apply For My Masters For My Son's Sake? (669 Views)

Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? / Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? / Can I Do My Masters With My Hnd(upper Credit) Result? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Apply For My Masters For My Son's Sake? by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 23, 2022
My 20 year old son and I will be completing our BA Hons this month - different universities, different courses.

He says he's done with studying and wants to get a job. I want him to continue to Masters level at least. He'll have more prospects for a better job etc, especially as a black boy over here.

I also think his friends want to look for jobs so peer pressure.

I know if I enrol for Masters, he will do too as he won't want his mum to be more educated than him grin

But I'm already tired ojare. I want to leave the rest of the studying to the children but if it's the only way to motivate them......

Once he has his Masters, the other children will follow suit so that won't be a problem.

What do y'all think?

Please if you can't be polite, continue scrolling. God bless you.

ツ CONNECT WITH ME ツ
Tiktok:
Tiktok.com/@1minutewithtina
YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/c/1MinuteWithTina
https://www.youtube.com/c/TheBibleWithTina

1 Like

Re: Should I Apply For My Masters For My Son's Sake? by Skyfornia(m): 10:09am On Apr 23, 2022
Personally, when I have kids, I will allow them focus more on skills than certificates.

1 Like

Re: Should I Apply For My Masters For My Son's Sake? by Wanbissaka: 10:11am On Apr 23, 2022
A mother's Love for her children is unrivaled to none. If you are sure going for masters degree would change his mind and you would be happy if you did then do it

1 Like

Re: Should I Apply For My Masters For My Son's Sake? by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 23, 2022
Skyfornia:
Personally, when I have kids, I will allow them focus more on skills than certificates.

The schools over here is not a teacher standing before the class and talking down to them. Skills are learnt in class. The certificate is a bonus.
Re: Should I Apply For My Masters For My Son's Sake? by Zee0007: 10:15am On Apr 23, 2022
Let me invite the moderators to do the needful.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Should I Apply For My Masters For My Son's Sake? by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 23, 2022
Wanbissaka:
A mother's Love for her children is unrivaled to none. If you are sure going for masters degree would change his mind and you would be happy if you did then do it

Thanks ol'boy grin

If he insists he won't carry on, then a mum's got to do, what a mum's got to do.

He's young and intelligent. There's plenty of time to get a job.

1 Like

Re: Should I Apply For My Masters For My Son's Sake? by Skyfornia(m): 10:17am On Apr 23, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

The schools over here is not a teacher standing before the class and talking down to them. Skills are learnt in class. The certificate is a bonus.

Why then are you more concerned about the bonus?

1 Like

Re: Should I Apply For My Masters For My Son's Sake? by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 23, 2022
Zee0007:
Let me invite the moderators to do the needful.

Lalastica
Mynd4

Thank you grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Apply For My Masters For My Son's Sake? by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 23, 2022
Skyfornia:

Why then are you more concerned about the bonus?

He'll learn more skills doing the Masters wink and get a certificate to boot.

1 Like

Re: Should I Apply For My Masters For My Son's Sake? by Skyfornia(m): 10:20am On Apr 23, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

He'll learn more skills doing the Masters wink and get a certificate to boot.

I understand you...but if he already learnt a skill or two, let him focus more and perfect them, instead of acquiring more skills.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Apply For My Masters For My Son's Sake? by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 23, 2022
Skyfornia:

I understand you...but if he already learnt a skill or two, let him focus more and perfect them, instead of acquiring more skills.

Thanks for your contribution.
Re: Should I Apply For My Masters For My Son's Sake? by adeoyekay(m): 10:52am On Apr 23, 2022
Do as the spirit directed.

1 Like

Re: Should I Apply For My Masters For My Son's Sake? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 23, 2022
adeoyekay:
Do as the spirit directed.

Thank you. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak grin
Re: Should I Apply For My Masters For My Son's Sake? by Evidenx(m): 12:22pm On Apr 23, 2022
[quote author=PastorMIsBack post=112198637]

I say leave him alone to get a job,when he is ready in his own time he will study further. Don't pressure Him to study when he is not ready.
Re: Should I Apply For My Masters For My Son's Sake? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 23, 2022
Evidenx:
I say leave him alone to get a job,when he is ready in his own time he will study further. Don't pressure Him to study when he is not ready.

Nobody is pressurising anybody. I could still apply for Masters and he doesn't. If he does, it was purely his own decision.
Re: Should I Apply For My Masters For My Son's Sake? by Evidenx(m): 1:06pm On Apr 23, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Nobody is pressurising anybody. I could still apply for Masters and he doesn't. If he does, it was purely his own decision.
sorry for my choice of words.
U always like to attack me..wetin I do you?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We Won’t Teach If Students Resume, ASUU Tackles LAUTECH / Learn A Skill Today, Add To Your Your Degree / How Many Students Can Identify What ASUU Demands Are??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.