Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi (52837 Views)

Final Burial Ceremony Of Late Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video / Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Dorwadora(f): 12:08pm On Apr 23, 2022
Dawn91:
[s][/s]

If you have nothing useful to say be silent sometimes
You are becoming too notorious with this your silly meme.

angry
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Dawn91(m): 12:09pm On Apr 23, 2022
Dorwadora:
You are becoming too notorious with this your silly meme.

angry

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Dorwadora(f): 12:17pm On Apr 23, 2022
[quote author=Dawn91 post=112202386][/quote] Okay
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by seunmsg(m): 12:26pm On Apr 23, 2022
Sergio103:

undecided undecided...... thanks.

But makes no sense bro.

Infact...... outta here!!!!

It is actually a mixture of his panegyric (the first three lines) and a dirge (the next three lines) that is generic to Yoruba land.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by zinaunreal(m): 12:29pm On Apr 23, 2022
The baba chow Nigeria till eh die. Contributed nothing to national development and you're posting this to honor rubbish. The baba Don go be say em don go. Next year or even this year nobody would talk about him again

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Sunsets: 12:32pm On Apr 23, 2022
The bleaching no be from this world. I wonder whether the ancestors can recognise him.
jaybenugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1418632/metamorphosis-alaafin-oyo-lamidi-adeyemi-throwback-photos/
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by simpleseyi: 12:33pm On Apr 23, 2022
Anthonyoz:
So why did he bleach ,

Erudite skullers are also legendary bleachers

Anyway my condolences to the skulls that will be selected to bury the deceased.

If you walk anyhow, you will be buried with the King so that you will go and serve him in Heaven or Hell depending.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by ifko: 12:35pm On Apr 23, 2022
MonkeyMods:
Which of his wives will continue his bleaching cream?
Your mother can continue nah

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by oluwaseyi0: 12:36pm On Apr 23, 2022
Dorwadora:
Our cultures are drastically diminishing....

From our taste of food down to the clothing style. Seeing men and women in their Aso ofi in the late king picture makes me wanna own a Aso ofi.

The Iro and buba looks good on the women. Now our iro and buba has been replaced by bumshort, Armani, Gucci and co....

I wept

Even the so called oba started his reigns as been black but finished as bleeched white

Our culture has truly gone

I wept
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Sunsets: 12:36pm On Apr 23, 2022
Culture is dynamic. It evokes. Time happens to culture.
Dorwadora:

From our taste of food down to the clothing style. Seeing men and women in their Aso ofi in the late king picture makes me wanna own a Aso ofi.

The Iro and buba looks good on the women. Now our iro and buba has been replaced by bumshort, Armani, Gucci and co....

I wept
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by sammirano: 12:36pm On Apr 23, 2022
seunmsg:

Lamidi Adeyemi
Death father and mother
Decreer and second only to the gods
Don’t eat millipede, don’t eat earthworm
It’s what they eat in heaven that you should eat
Enjoy heaven
Rest In Peace.

And you translated for that ipig fool.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Sunsets: 12:36pm On Apr 23, 2022
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by MonkeyMods(m): 12:37pm On Apr 23, 2022
ifko:

Your mother can continue nah

With your mother supplying the creams?
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Penywise(m): 12:38pm On Apr 23, 2022
So he was previously a black man
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by drlateef: 12:38pm On Apr 23, 2022
Copied

Alaafin Oyo RUMOURED DEATH UNFOUNDED

It has come to the notice of the Office of the Director of Media and Publicity to the Alaafin of Oyo about a fake report making the wave in the social media, by a disgruntled group of bloggers, about the imaginary death of His Imperial Majesty, IKu Baba Yeye, Oba (Dr.) Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi 111, the Alaafin of Oyo.

Members of the public are hereby urged to disregard the unfounded report , as the Paramount Ruler is hale and hearty .

Precisely on Monday and Tuesday this week, Oba Adeyemi, accompanied by some of his wives (Ayabas), children, aides and well wishers was at the Durbar Stadium ,Oyo, for physical fitness exercises as usual.

He has neither fallen sick nor rushed to the hospital for any serious ailment, hence he and his family remain agile and active .

The general public should not entertain any fear at all, as IKu Baba Yeye is healthy, physically fit and mentally stable.

Signed
'Bode Durojaiye, Alaafin's Media and Publicity Director.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by babaalagbo11(m): 12:38pm On Apr 23, 2022
Siyanbola olukuewu ladigbolu Oro Omo atiba okuta meji baba ekuro....rip atanda
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by JoyousFurnitire(m): 12:39pm On Apr 23, 2022
Those crying he bleached, didn't yo heard that he got skin disorder?
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Sergio103(m): 12:42pm On Apr 23, 2022
seunmsg:

It is actually a mixture of his panegyric (the first three lines) and a dirge (the next three lines) that is generic to Yoruba land.

Agba!!! cool.

And I got another Yoruba friend today.

You and that bighead.....@theTranslator.

Respect!!
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Bluffly: 12:43pm On Apr 23, 2022
Doesn't make sense becauae you did not reason deeply. Words of the elders are not for the faint hearted.
Sergio103:

undecided undecided...... thanks.

But makes no sense bro.

Infact...... outta here!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by seglabsy(m): 12:45pm On Apr 23, 2022
emorse:
57 years on the throne no be beans o. Same man that was pictured working out and throwing punches not so long ago. May his soul find eternal rest.
na 52,where did u get 57?
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Sergio103(m): 12:45pm On Apr 23, 2022
Bluffly:

Doesn't make sense becauae you did not reason deeply. Words of the elders are not for the faint hearted.

Hian!!.
I was just keeping the chat long.

Nothing big bro

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by esivue007(m): 12:52pm On Apr 23, 2022
We
Dorwadora:

I wept
keep weeping my dear.
U will stop when you're Fed up. undecided
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by fabsyl(m): 12:53pm On Apr 23, 2022
His corpse WL b taken to Edo for burial
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Eriokanmi: 12:56pm On Apr 23, 2022
Handsome king, very fair complexioned from childhood
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Eriokanmi: 12:56pm On Apr 23, 2022
Penywise:
So he was previously a black man
I dont think so. Those pictures were black and white.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by koyyess: 12:58pm On Apr 23, 2022
Look at him looking so innocent like someone that won't have longer throat and be wedding someone old enough to be his grand daughter.

Looks are really deceiving. Money and power brings out the pervasive desires of males.

Rest in piss. Zero impact on earth.

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by planetx: 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2022
Too much kpekus.

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by blowjohn(m): 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2022
VladimirPutiin:
He was really cute as a young man. He has finally joined the deities. I think he was among the Yoruba Obas That endorsed Tinubu for 2023 Presidency. Wish I thought wasn’t really Ok for a king to endorse such a person.

And the person ur endorsing or supporting u think many people too don't have reservations about him?
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Penywise(m): 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2022
Eriokanmi:
I dont think so. Those pictures were black and white. He was always fair in complexion

Did he bleach or did he not bleach

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by PericomaNwankwo: 1:00pm On Apr 23, 2022
Queen Elizabeth is still alive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo State Proverbs In All Dialects With Translation(s) / California Youths Pose With Ooni Of Ife In US (Photos) / Police Station Built By David Okunato In Ondo State (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.