Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? (67030 Views)

Welcome To Lagos, Most Beautiful City In West Africa / Owerri. The Magnificence Of A City In the East. / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by sweetjohn(m): 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr131:

Funny you! Because I'm a detribalized person doesn't mean you'll deny me of my Yoruba heritage.
I am Yoruba and grew up with igbo people. 75% of my friends are Igbos.
There's something about the Igbos I cherish so much and it's their entrepreneurial spirit.
When I visited a particular village in imo state, I noticed that there's this trend going on in the village that you can hardly find anywhere else in Nigeria. Igbos like uplifting each other. In this same village, a particular wealthy guy was charged with the responsibility of building and renovating homes for the less privileged while others give out cash and scholarships.
If only our people can replicate this, the scourge of agberoism will become a thing of the past in time to come.
God bless you. That's why I always tell some yorubas who have never crossed beyond oshogbo to travel out. But if you talk they will say why are igbos rushing in millions to Lagos and other places. Igbos are industrious and industrious people all over the world look for opportunities anywhere in the world and took advantage of it. They don't stay one place. But back home, every average Igbo man has land and has a Mansion. We made money from outside come back and build mansions, flaunt wealth and be respected. Igbos naturally has pride and as such help others back home to receive praises and also to acquire chieftaincy titles. We help ourselves very well back at home than outside. That's why non igbos misunderstood us. Until you travel east especially the villages you will never understand the true way of life of an average igboman

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by diplomat058(m): 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2022
Yes, E pain am! grin grin
That's the real you. Stop denying your people
ThEGodFaThEr131:

Your mumu knows no bounds! Bloody Peasant like you.
Las Las, you'll end up erecting a tent on the road and start collecting owo mi da.

1 Like

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Moneyboyz: 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2022
Igbesa has more than 5 public secondary schools, more than 4 primary schools, a polytechnic, a technical college and a lot of factories.over 50 companies in that city alone.

1 Like

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by TheManOfTheYear: 4:00pm On Apr 23, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

The lagos way you dey say apart from

Nor even fine na
At least e fine pass your Benin.
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by LUAN1: 4:01pm On Apr 23, 2022
Jarus:
Uyo is not necessarily beautiful but a very neat and green city.
yes,...uyo is only neat ,...no fine structures
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Broveens42(m): 4:03pm On Apr 23, 2022
Jarus:
Uyo is not necessarily beautiful but a very neat and green city.

You are very intelligent. A lot of nairalanders don't Know the difference between ambience/beauty/ecstasy and neatness.

Owerri is the only city that retains it's beauty or ambience even with a bad or untarred road.

Besides, what the op even showed in the video is outskirts of the town. Also, When you visit places like mgbirichi, irette, orogwe, etc you will understand how beautiful and expanded Owerri west is.

Below is a street in Owerri with untarred/bad road

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by AwkaFinest: 4:03pm On Apr 23, 2022
ruggedtimi:
compared to Owerri, Stadium road, GRA, Aba road down to govt house, Ada George, Trans Amadi...LNG road/eastern bypass, Old GRA, Rumubekwe, Eneka/eliozu link road area...even old port Harcourt town which is borokiri/aggrey road areas is more organized than the major areas in Owerri...

Leave my Igbo blodas to hype shithole Owerri. Owerri does not come close to Port Harcourt, Uyo, Enugu and Calabar. Dirty and tiny Owerri with very few paved roads and village like settlements everywheregrin angry grin cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Pacesetter123(m): 4:04pm On Apr 23, 2022
Realist12:
You guys keep hyping Abuja, foreigners don't know Abuja, most think Lagos is the capital, Lagos is the economic capital regardless . If half the population of Lagos migrates to Abuja, you'd understand Lagos is more organized . There's a reason Lagos is the face of Nigeria.
They said beauty,not any other parameters.

2 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Ilaumoh(m): 4:08pm On Apr 23, 2022
Adegoketj:
No, Uyo is most beautiful apart from Lagos
yeah
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Realist12: 4:10pm On Apr 23, 2022
Pacesetter123:
They said beauty,not any other parameters.
show me anywhere more beautiful than Marina outside Lagos in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Broveens42(m): 4:15pm On Apr 23, 2022
Owerri is beautiful on ground..
Not just pictures. Just look at how the ambience overshadows the poor open drainage

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by TheManOfTheYear: 4:15pm On Apr 23, 2022
diplomat058:
You guys can create threads to praise yourselves, but why do you lots always have to lie and claim Yoruba identity? Just like you, there is another Igbo, one prince of Abakaliki, that does same. Its really pathetic. Even if you speak Yoruba, it changes nothing
Peaceful fine thread that was going well, one mofo must carry his tribal bigotry to ruin it.

Please no bad vibes here. He's well traveled and hence his opinion. Try comot from your land too and make unbiased review

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Spiff20(m): 4:17pm On Apr 23, 2022
Op check Port Harcourt first.

1 Like

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Quiny32323: 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr131:
Please who has video clips of this cities; Umuahia
Yola
Uyo
Awka
Ado-Ekiti
Abeokuta
Oshogbo
Ibadan

Umuahia na pure shithole,unfortunately my state capital.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by ThEGodFaThEr131: 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:
Peaceful fine thread that was going well, one mofo must carry his tribal bigotry to ruin it.

Please no bad vibes here. He's well traveled and hence his opinion. Try comot from your land too and make unbiased review
Nice one my guy.

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by yomi531(m): 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2022
okeysoninv:
after Lagos and Abuja it's Enugu.
Calabar nko
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by diplomat058(m): 4:25pm On Apr 23, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:

I only have issues with him fraudulently claiming to be Yoruba, and he has come out as a non Yoruba that he is. It happens that he is using the veil for malicious reasons.
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Pacesetter123(m): 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr131:
As a confirmed Omoluabi guy from Igbęsa Ogun state, I have been to so many states in Nigeria and i must confess no city comes close to Owerri in terms beauty and aesthetic apart from lagos and Abuja.
Please if you feel otherwise, kindly post videos for us to see.
N.B Trolls stay away, this is not a thread for unnecessary arguments but a way to showcase the beautiful sides of our country, Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MhsLsQwSYM
Yeah,Owerri is beautiful no doubt,but it can't be the 3rd most beautiful city in Nigeria as you claimed.
Uyo is more beautiful than it.
Owerri only have big big houses but lacks good road network unlike Uyo that is more cleaned,serene, beautiful,well planned and most importantly, the road network there is superb and top-notch.
I have been to the two cities severally and I know what am saying.
Don't ask me for pictorial proof cos I don't have it now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Broveens42(m): 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2022
ruggedtimi:
Which Owerri...Op e be like say truly u never travel leave your village....how can u say Owerri is the finest city in nig after abj/Lagos...damn. abeg go back village. Owerri no even near pH

Lol. Your edited pictures won't help you. Infact, it even looks uglier.
Leave it real like owerri below

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 4:39pm On Apr 23, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr131:
When it comes to beauty, I want to believe Owerri surpasses Enugu
Lies,Enugu surpasses Owerri.Even PH surpasses Owerri.
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Broveens42(m): 4:39pm On Apr 23, 2022
Pacesetter123:
Yeah,Owerri is beautiful no doubt,but it can't be the 3rd most beautiful city in Nigeria as you claimed.
Uyo is more beautiful than it.
Owerri only have big big houses but lacks good road network unlike Uyo that is more cleaned,serene, beautiful,well planned and most importantly, the road network there is superb and top-notch.
I have been to the two cities severally and I know what am saying.
Don't ask me for pictorial proof cos I don't have it now.

Nope..
Uyo has better major roads and also neat.
Beauty is encompassing; organized housing, landscaping of streets, beautiful structures(residential & commercial), cluster buildings.

Infact what people used in taunting owerri was how small it was..but recent events show, owerri west has taken a new dimension.

Owerri is not only more beautiful but expansively beautiful

4 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Reader530(m): 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2022
What of Maiduguri, Kano, Kaduna and so on
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by ariesbull: 4:43pm On Apr 23, 2022
Wait till your yoruba guys come

Owerri is the only city with underground roads in Nigeria.....not flyovers, underground
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr131:
As a confirmed Omoluabi guy from Igbęsa Ogun state, I have been to so many states in Nigeria and i must confess no city comes close to Owerri in terms beauty and aesthetic apart from lagos and Abuja.
Please if you feel otherwise, kindly post videos for us to see.
N.B Trolls stay away, this is not a thread for unnecessary arguments but a way to showcase the beautiful sides of our country, Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MhsLsQwSYM
how come there are no red roofs, abi una no dey use zinc roof house? sad

1 Like

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Legendforte: 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2022
4ckyou:

ogbeni have been to both states, Owerri is better
I lived in abia near afikpo road, uturu. So i usually drop in owerri first b4 entering abia at okigwe while going from anambra. Enugu city is larger, more planned and with dignifying structure or edifices. Owerri has large dualized express roads, many hotels and builtiful filling stations and moulded/carved structures, but some of its inner and peripherial sides arent good for a metropolitan township.

3 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by captain2020(m): 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2022
Owerri is like a village in Uyo.
I'm very sure poster hasn't traveled to Uyo.
Uyo is the most beautiful and cleanest city in Nigeria. Google is your friend.

Likes for Uyo.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by ariesbull: 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
Skyvice:
How can you place Owerri and Enugu above port-harcourt, you are very biase

PH is
Sooth
Touts
Crime
Congested
Polluted

4 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Evidenx(m): 4:52pm On Apr 23, 2022
Are they sharing chocolate on their roof? Why is it always brown?? grin
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by 07kjb: 4:55pm On Apr 23, 2022
Outside Abuja maybe Lagos,no State is more beautiful and developed than IMO state generally

7 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by winterfell007(m): 4:56pm On Apr 23, 2022
Realist12:
You guys keep hyping Abuja, foreigners don't know Abuja, most think Lagos is the capital, Lagos is the economic capital regardless . If half the population of Lagos migrates to Abuja, you'd understand Lagos is more organized . There's a reason Lagos is the face of Nigeria.
To you all critics show me anywhere in Nigeria more beautiful than only Lagos Marina. Just a picture will do .

Lagos is chaotic. The only thing it has going for itself is its huge population which is a market to willing investors. Other than that, it leaves so much to be desired
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by janetakan(f): 4:59pm On Apr 23, 2022
Realist12:
To you all critics show me anywhere in Nigeria more beautiful than only Lagos Marina. Just a picture will do .

What did Abuja ever do to break your little broke heart?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Battleship Island: Once World's Most Populated City Abandoned 47 Years Ago(Pics) / Bolt Driver Text Lady After A Ride, Lady Shares Chat / Man Drives Against Traffic In Abuja, Soldier Catches Him, Orders Him To Stand On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.