Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? (67140 Views)

Welcome To Lagos, Most Beautiful City In West Africa / Owerri. The Magnificence Of A City In the East. / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 23, 2022
captain2020:
Owerri is like a village in Uyo.
I'm very sure poster hasn't traveled to Uyo.
Uyo is the most beautiful and cleanest city in Nigeria. Google is your friend.

Likes for Uyo.
My brother I shock when me sef see this misleading thread oh! ive been to owerri more than 4 times and dont understand which Owerri OP dey talk about! Try and visit Uyo and see what a city should look like. Owerri ke!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Broveens42(m): 5:05pm On Apr 23, 2022
07kjb:
Outside Abuja maybe Lagos,no State is more beautiful and developed than IMO state generally

You would be shocked what this area in Owerri has become of now.

Look at the back of that building as taken some years back

Owerri is indeed expansively beautiful

7 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by koning: 5:08pm On Apr 23, 2022
okeysoninv:
after Lagos and Abuja it's Enugu.

In terms of beauty, not size or high rise buildings, Enugu is better than Lagos. Much more beautiful than Lagos

Pic below is Enugu

7 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by sirjoe1124(m): 5:13pm On Apr 23, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr131:
Please who has video clips of this cities; Umuahia
Yola
Uyo
Awka
Ado-Ekiti
Abeokuta
Oshogbo
Ibadan
I live in Umuahia, it's dead, nothing good to Capture
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by sirjoe1124(m): 5:20pm On Apr 23, 2022
Nairalandnigga:
Since last year i started begging the mods to show us the city of Umuahia up till today they have refused to show us Umuahia city. Is that too much to ask I know that Umuahia is more beautiful than Owerri twice in a day
Lol Umuahia is too dead to be shown
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by ubee(m): 5:20pm On Apr 23, 2022
..... foreigners don't know Abuja ?

That's a figment of your imagination.

The foreigners that reside there and do business there prove otherwise.
Realist12:
You guys keep hyping Abuja, foreigners don't know Abuja, most think Lagos is the capital, Lagos is the economic capital regardless . If half the population of Lagos migrates to Abuja, you'd understand Lagos is more organized . There's a reason Lagos is the face of Nigeria.
To you all critics show me anywhere in Nigeria more beautiful than only Lagos Marina. Just a picture will do .
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Broveens42(m): 5:22pm On Apr 23, 2022
07kjb:
Outside Abuja maybe Lagos,no State is more beautiful and developed than IMO state generally

What you said is very correct. The influx rate of people from other states to Okigwe is alarming.

A lot are happening in that town you don't know about. Only the smart ones are taking their opportunity

Okigwe

2 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by oneMalik: 5:38pm On Apr 23, 2022
there's no doubt about the fact that Oweri makes sense . it's a lovely city.

I think the reason why many don't really think about it is that those pole 2 pole police check points if you're coming from PH is hell. apart from this I give it to them
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by zuto4u(m): 5:43pm On Apr 23, 2022
Owerri the city of hotels, restaurants, clubs and bars. The city is indeed beautiful. I was there last month and spent 3 weeks. Then if u mistakenly come out at night, u will be screaming wow wow wow. I fell in love with Owerri city within those 3 weeks.

6 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Fadafada231(m): 5:45pm On Apr 23, 2022
TotoGame:

You can't compare Owerri to Enugu nah! Enugu is by far more developed than Owerri just that night life dey Owerri wella ...hotels and Restaurants everywhere!

You're right
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Prechy08(m): 5:48pm On Apr 23, 2022
I am from owerri and I strongly disagree with you.

Uyi
Port Harcourt
Calabar
Enugu

Fine pass owerri.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by emmy9500: 5:55pm On Apr 23, 2022
Realist12:
You guys keep hyping Abuja, foreigners don't know Abuja, most think Lagos is the capital, Lagos is the economic capital regardless . If half the population of Lagos migrates to Abuja, you'd understand Lagos is more organized . There's a reason Lagos is the face of Nigeria.
To you all critics show me anywhere in Nigeria more beautiful than only Lagos Marina. Just a picture will do .

Which kind yeye talk is foreigner don’t know Abuja

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Abagworo(m): 6:02pm On Apr 23, 2022
makavell7:
My brother I shock when me sef see this misleading thread oh! ive been to owerri more than 4 times and dont understand which Owerri OP dey talk about! Try and visit Uyo and see what a city should look like. Owerri ke!

You cannot compare Uyo with Owerri. Uyo is still upcoming but with good major roads. The housing in Uyo is still scanty which is why the drone shots will consist mostly of grasses except for few estates.

7 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Westtimeline: 6:08pm On Apr 23, 2022
diplomat058:
You guys can create threads to praise yourselves, but why do you lots always have to lie and claim Yoruba identity? Just like you, there is another Igbo, one prince of Abakaliki, that does same. Its really pathetic. Even if you speak Yoruba, it changes nothing
Inferiority complex my brother.

And beside, association with OSU is a great disgrace, so he needs to claim identity to feel good.

2 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Westtimeline: 6:15pm On Apr 23, 2022
Grgt0n:
Owerri is a glorified village littered with bad roads and filthy environment
Exposed kikikikikiki
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by emerged01(m): 6:16pm On Apr 23, 2022
This is an insult.
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Westtimeline: 6:18pm On Apr 23, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr131:

Funny you! Because I'm a detribalized person doesn't mean you'll deny me of my Yoruba heritage.
I am Yoruba and grew up with igbo people. 75% of my friends are Igbos.
There's something about the Igbos I cherish so much and it's their entrepreneurial spirit.
When I visited a particular village in imo state, I noticed that there's this trend going on in the village that you can hardly find anywhere else in Nigeria. Igbos like uplifting each other. In this same village, a particular wealthy guy was charged with the responsibility of building and renovating homes for the less privileged while others give out cash and scholarships.
If only our people can replicate this, the scourge of agberoism will become a thing of the past in time to come.
Keep lying to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by TotoGame(m): 6:29pm On Apr 23, 2022
okwusdaddy:

I have been to both cities and I can tell you Owerri is more beautiful than Enugu.I even watched a documentary on Channels TV about Owerri,were they described it as the Las vagas of Nigeria.

"I even watched a documentary on channels tv about Owerri"

Forget media hype Oga! I stayed in Owerri for 3yrs and have been to Enugu severally..... Enugu is a planed city with good road network unlike Owerri
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:32pm On Apr 23, 2022
Realist12:
Abuja is more organized ,dont say what you dont know.lagos is polluted and traffic alone fit abort baby
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by YourFavorite21(m): 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2022
These ones are just making noise and exposing their ignorance, try dey travel sometimes abeg .
The Top 5 most beautiful and developed cities in Nigeria includes:-
1.Abuja
2.Enugu
3.Lagos
4.Kano, y'all underrate the beautiful city of kano too much.
5.Portharcourt

You can Argue with your keyboards.
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by warlordd(m): 6:48pm On Apr 23, 2022
Malory:
Calabar is far more beautiful than Owerri. I schooled in Owerri and later served in Calabar so I know what I'm talking about

There's nothing in Calabar to compare it with Owerri. Even Uyo is more beautiful than Calabar.

4 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Bbbw: 7:03pm On Apr 23, 2022
No
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by SUNNINO(m): 7:06pm On Apr 23, 2022
Trash,who says Lagos is beautiful.
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Broveens42(m): 7:33pm On Apr 23, 2022
Abagworo:

You cannot compare Uyo with Owerri. Uyo is still upcoming but with good major roads. The housing in Uyo is still scanty which is why the drone shots will consist mostly of grasses except for few estates.

This is very correct.
Uyo just has major roads built by JB.
When you talk about beauty, we ain't even talking about how major roads look...
We are also considering the common street.
For instance, in Nigeria cities, what people use to measure the beauty of housing is the estates.. but in Owerri, it is the regular streets

5 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by victorDanladi: 7:54pm On Apr 23, 2022
Realist12:
Don't mind them.I am in that Abuja,very lifeless dirty overhyped city
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by IGBOSON1: 8:09pm On Apr 23, 2022
It has the potential to be, but it's not. It's between Calabar and Uyo. Enugu could have been in the running but for the useless governor they have that's left the city to deteriorate in cleanliness, greenery and aesthetics!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Broveens42(m): 8:12pm On Apr 23, 2022
Infact, I don't even know what to make of Imo state again.

There are so many beautiful places in Imo state..like Nkwere, Amaigbo(home town of king Jaja of opobo).; The ambience of this places are crazy

Isiweke, ihitte uboma LGA has literally been converted to a town.

Or try Obowo from aguneze axis, you will know Imo state is not in for child's play

Or try 7 and half axis...as if you are going to Umuahia

Sometimes I just laugh when people even try to compare ...Imo state is just on another level

4 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by aalangel(f): 8:32pm On Apr 23, 2022
All aerial clips are normally lovely. Doesn't depict the true state of a place.

2 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by okoroemeka(m): 8:42pm On Apr 23, 2022
TotoGame:

You can't compare Owerri to Enugu nah! Enugu is by far more developed than Owerri just that night life dey Owerri wella ...hotels and Restaurants everywhere!
I live in enugu but you cannot compare owerri with enugu,owerri beats hands down in development

2 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Dawn91(m): 8:45pm On Apr 23, 2022
4ckyou:
1. Abuja
2. Lagos
3. Port Harcourt
4. Uyo
5. Calabar

Remove port Harcourt from that list , Calabar too. Of you want to add Calabar then my Benin city should be there then

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pius Adesanmi's Wife Tells To Daughter About His Death Via Ethiopian Plane Crash / Woman Crashes Her Car Into Frozen Lake, Takes Selfie As Car Sinks In Canada / Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.