Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,582 members, 7,823,519 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Age Issue On Marriage Certificate - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Age Issue On Marriage Certificate (21980 Views)

My Opinion On Marriage By African Men In Diaspora. / Is Marriage Certificate Issued At Federal Marriage Registry Better Than LG? / Marriage Certificate Rquired By NVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by williams85(m): 1:36pm On Apr 26, 2022
Any discrepancy will invalidate her application.
It's only the church that can correct it, not even court.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 26, 2022
Very simple issue bro. It just a mistake. Huck up with a computer center for a blessing... Tinubu and co did it
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by bluefilm: 1:38pm On Apr 26, 2022
Alexia20:
Hello house, the age of my spouse on our marriage certificate (church wedding cert) was wrongly captured (my own fault) and I will need to upload the certificate for visa application for spouse dependent visa application for my spouse to join me in uk asap. Common sense dictates that the age on marriage certificate should tally with her passport DOB .

Hence, I have approached the church for correction and they have refused blatantly on the ground that the mistake is not coming from them. So what other options do I have for proper documentation in this visa application,kindly advice.

Serves you right for engaging in age falsification.

Now you are stuck in the zoogeria with the rest of the zoo animals.

Enjoy.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Tokskob2008: 1:39pm On Apr 26, 2022
Is church marriage certificate now officially recognized at the embassies

2 Likes

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by DWJOBScom(m): 1:39pm On Apr 26, 2022
I doubt this story and think there's more to it
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by SmileDance(f): 1:40pm On Apr 26, 2022
Tokskob2008:
Is church marriage certificate now officially recognized at the embassies
a lot of people don't know that marriage certificate from 'recognized' churches is as valid as the one from the registry.

6 Likes

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Sadstoner: 1:41pm On Apr 26, 2022
Hmmm

Fear woman
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Walter90: 1:42pm On Apr 26, 2022
Alexia20:
Hello house, the age of my spouse on our marriage certificate (church wedding cert) was wrongly captured (my own fault) and I will need to upload the certificate for visa application for spouse dependent visa application for my spouse to join me in uk asap. Common sense dictates that the age on marriage certificate should tally with her passport DOB .

Hence, I have approached the church for correction and they have refused blatantly on the ground that the mistake is not coming from them. So what other options do I have for proper documentation in this visa application,kindly advice.

Please which country visa and embassy are asking for church marriage certificate?
Is only court marriage certificate they do ask for.
Don’t just cook up story for people to waste their time and data on.

1 Like

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by BusinessPlan22: 1:42pm On Apr 26, 2022
Alexia20:

Beg them... That thing cost money.
Or find another pastor who understands
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by jozee8: 1:42pm On Apr 26, 2022
No body is asking the right questions.

Why did you had to manipulate the age in the first place?
When you were telling or writing your age, were you on drugs or something?
Did you forget your true age?
Always do what is right, to avoid trying to transfer blame!
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by JoyousFurnitire(m): 1:42pm On Apr 26, 2022
iLegenddNoReply:
They'll do it. Just pay a big tithe.

Which one be dis boss? grin

He's been paying tithe na grin
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by BusinessPlan22: 1:43pm On Apr 26, 2022
Walter90:

Please which country visa and embassy are asking for church marriage certificate?
Is only court marriage certificate they do ask for.
Don’t just cook up story for people to waste their time and data on.

Church actually gives govt. Approved certificate when it's registered and apply for it

5 Likes

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by IdeasPro(m): 1:44pm On Apr 26, 2022
Since the church said the fault is not from them, ask if you can swear affidavit to acknowledge the error and take it to them as an evidence to re-issue another certificate. Don't accept correction on the current certificate. Embassies pay attention to details.

Secondly, find a way to meet with the highest authority of the church. He will have listening ear and explain everything to him. He will issue instruction to whoever is in charge to do the needful.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by gaddafe(m): 1:44pm On Apr 26, 2022
Alexia20:

Go to a registry and get a fresh marriage certificate. Anything is possible in Nigeria. But if you choose to still use the previous one you have @naijainstict has answered that. No need to duplicate answers.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by grafixdon: 1:45pm On Apr 26, 2022
Sworn an affidavit
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Asagaguy: 1:45pm On Apr 26, 2022
You didn't approach the church with enticing cash that's y your request was rejected.go back to the church and make them cash offer
Alexia20:

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by zinaunreal(m): 1:46pm On Apr 26, 2022
gbengene1234:
Send me a mail @ akindelegbenga23@gmail.com

No go forge certi for him o

1 Like

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by IamAsiri: 1:46pm On Apr 26, 2022
flockofpips:
the case no suppose come here self, look for person wey good for Photoshop and edit..

Really! grin grin grin

So you don't know that there is a site that marriage certificates get uploaded to? They will compare both online with the one hard copies you are holding smiley.

1 Like

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Oju4190: 1:47pm On Apr 26, 2022
Tip the church/pastor some coins.... Dey go correct am for u Asap.......Talking from experience..... Don't forget to come and thank me later
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Pootle: 1:47pm On Apr 26, 2022
kingemaker:

WTF is this? cheesy grin

lol typing error i meant Affidavit
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by dreu2fine(m): 1:48pm On Apr 26, 2022
EmmaLege:
undecided
bro bone does church things ok
we have 2 type of marriage in nigeria court and traditional marriage
which the embassies recognize
so go to court ok if u cant do it i will help you in delta state mesage me ok
Bleep does pastors
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by zakkxx: 1:48pm On Apr 26, 2022
Oga just talk say your spouse reduce her age! Why are you just discovering it?
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by DoNotMakeItWors: 1:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
I guess there should be a way to correct it on her passport by swearing affidavit for correction of age and have the card reprinted (not too sure) to tally with what's on her marriage cert.

Or go to a court, tip them and have them issue you another certificate.

When I went to return the registry copy of marriage registration (after church wedding), the lady there wanted to cajole me into paying them to issue me their own (registry) certificate claiming that the one church gave me looks ugly.... I refused though because I trust the church own pass grin

So.... I guess you can work with the marriage registry unless you insist on using that of the church,,, then you should find a way to talk things with the church. Nothing is impossible in Nigeria.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by phemmyfour: 1:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
Alexia20:

Go and do affidavit backed by police report
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by DLuciano: 1:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
Brendaniel:
I don't know how this one works but I would have suggested you and your go and marry again in a court and collect another marriage certificate to present, don't know if that is possible though, I've never been married....

good advice but are they going to back date their wedding date?

1 Like

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by kingemaker(m): 1:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
Pootle:

lol typing error i meant Affidavit

Yea, just catching cruise.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by chrisbender: 1:50pm On Apr 26, 2022
Had same issue with mine .
Thanks to God it's later settled , and they finally come over .
You can chat me up for directions
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by rolams(m): 1:52pm On Apr 26, 2022
Alexia20:

Contact another church Na.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Prettychild(f): 1:55pm On Apr 26, 2022
naijainstinct:
Why will the church be that adamant? I hope they are not seeking bribe in any way? Because I don't understand people and institutions in Nigeria these days.

Go to court, get an affidavit declaring that a human error was made during the process of data entry into the marriage certificate. The most recognized documents for date of birth in Nigeria are your NPC declaration of age OR NPC birth certificate (if born after 1991), and national ID. All other documents including your international passport, driver's license, permanent voter's card and even marriage certificate rely on the information in the first 2 documents in bold.

Take these documents to them in the church and apply for a re-issuance of marriage certificate. Go along with that affidavit. If they still deny you, write to them and let them reply you with their letter head. Attach their response, together with your affidavit and other documents when submitting at the required visa office.

Shalom!
Nice one. However, NPC certificate applies if born after 1990. The enactment establishing NPC came in 1990, so below 1990, 1991 inclusive can use NPC certificate
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by DrDax: 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2022
Engrr:
No embassy recognises church wedding certificate. You will need a marriage certificate from the registry or court!

A licensed church actually gives the certificate originating from the registry. Maybe that's the OP's case.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Pootle: 1:57pm On Apr 26, 2022
kingemaker:

Yea, just catching cruise.

grin grin yea i see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

End Of Supersonic Transport( SST ): Tributes To Concorde / Traffic Alert: President Buhari To Visit Lagos Tuesday / Visa Lottery Results Are Out (DV 2010 Status Check)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.