Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Age Issue On Marriage Certificate - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Age Issue On Marriage Certificate (21906 Views)

My Opinion On Marriage By African Men In Diaspora. / Is Marriage Certificate Issued At Federal Marriage Registry Better Than LG? / Marriage Certificate Rquired By NVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by akaypary442(m): 3:46pm On Apr 26, 2022
naijainstinct:
Why will the church be that adamant? I hope they are not seeking bribe in any way? Because I don't understand people and institutions in Nigeria these days.

Go to court, get an affidavit declaring that a human error was made during the process of data entry into the marriage certificate. The most recognized documents for date of birth in Nigeria are your NPC declaration of age OR NPC birth certificate (if born after 1991), and national ID. All other documents including your international passport, driver's license, permanent voter's card and even marriage certificate rely on the information in the first 2 documents in bold.

Take these documents to them in the church and apply for a re-issuance of marriage certificate. Go along with that affidavit. If they still deny you, write to them and let them reply you with their letter head. Attach their response, together with your affidavit and other documents when submitting at the required visa office.

Shalom!
Oil dey your head

1 Like

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by joelag: 3:46pm On Apr 26, 2022
linearity:

Get a new passport with a DOB to tally with Marriage certificate and a brand new matching NPC birth certificate.

They must have submitted the passport data page in some foreign immigration agencies before now, so it cannot fly.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by ItsmeF: 3:48pm On Apr 26, 2022
Alexia20:
Hello house, the age of my spouse on our marriage certificate (church wedding cert) was wrongly captured (my own fault) and I will need to upload the certificate for visa application for spouse dependent visa application for my spouse to join me in uk asap. Common sense dictates that the age on marriage certificate should tally with her passport DOB .

Hence, I have approached the church for correction and they have refused blatantly on the ground that the mistake is not coming from them. So what other options do I have for proper documentation in this visa application,kindly advice.

Church marriage certificate isn't recognised. Go and do court marriage
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Kfed4ril(m): 3:55pm On Apr 26, 2022
Alexia20:
Hello house, the age of my spouse on our marriage certificate (church wedding cert) was wrongly captured (my own fault) and I will need to upload the certificate for visa application for spouse dependent visa application for my spouse to join me in uk asap. Common sense dictates that the age on marriage certificate should tally with her passport DOB .

Hence, I have approached the church for correction and they have refused blatantly on the ground that the mistake is not coming from them. So what other options do I have for proper documentation in this visa application,kindly advice.

Use your court wedding certificate.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by DrGeoAngel: 4:07pm On Apr 26, 2022
Go to an upcoming church and get a new certificate.

Just give the young Pastor(Founder) some little cash and explain the issue to him.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by linearity: 4:11pm On Apr 26, 2022
joelag:

They must have submitted the passport data page in some foreign immigration agencies before now, so it cannot fly.

If he is filing an immigration petition for his wife as a beneficiary, and has submitted the wife’s passport data, he must also have been required to submit their marriage certificate as that is the document that make her bonafide beneficiary.

In fact, if this is a foreign application, their marriage certificate is the document that will be needed first to establish if she is truly a beneficiary.

International Passports are only needed at the later stage, after the application has been approved and they want to affix the visa on the passport.

So, if the OP is worried about marriage certificate at this time, he must be at the early stages of the application process.

1 Like

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Elaric(m): 4:16pm On Apr 26, 2022
Simply go and do marriage registry. That's easy. My uncle did same
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Brendaniel: 4:25pm On Apr 26, 2022
OLANIYIPETER:

YOU ARE JOKING WITH 12 YEARS IMPRISONMENT .

wow, I didn't know, please can you explain more?
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by naijainstinct: 4:29pm On Apr 26, 2022
Prettychild:

Nice one. However, NPC certificate applies if born after 1990. The enactment establishing NPC came in 1990, so below 1990, 1991 inclusive can use NPC certificate
Thanks for your correction Sir. Duly noted.

1 Like

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by drLammy(m): 4:31pm On Apr 26, 2022
You can contact me for your verifiable marriage certificate which will also be legalized for you at the MOFA
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Chinny024(f): 4:39pm On Apr 26, 2022
Alexia20:

Funny enough your church marriage certificate isn't compulsory. It's Court certificate that you would need.

1 Like

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by joelag: 4:40pm On Apr 26, 2022
linearity:

If he is filing an immigration petition for his wife as a beneficiary, and has submitted the wife’s passport data, he must also have been required to submit their marriage certificate as that is the document that make her bonafide beneficiary.

In fact, if this is a foreign application, their marriage certificate is the document that will be needed first to establish if she is truly a beneficiary.

International Passports are only needed at the later stage, after the application has been approved and they want to affix the visa on the passport.

So, if the OP is worried about marriage certificate at this time, he must be at the early stages of the application process.

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by zedegit: 5:00pm On Apr 26, 2022
Alexia20:

Get a new passport and fix the problems there.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Lymetsaucer(f): 5:23pm On Apr 26, 2022
How much is magistrate marriage certificate. Am curious
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by mechanics(m): 5:34pm On Apr 26, 2022
You can do affidavit.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by GreenAgain: 5:53pm On Apr 26, 2022
She have to apply in person and provide evidence to support the reason for the correction, in the case which is age. You need to submit Form JPN. KC08 (Form for Amending Particulars Section 44, Act 1976 & Section 13(1), 1952 Ordinance) and provide the following documents: National Identity Card.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by bazzyblings: 5:58pm On Apr 26, 2022
SmileDance:
a lot of people don't know that marriage certificate from 'recognized' churches is as valid as the one from the registry.

Please which of the recognized church ? Because I would love to do too
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by lyricalz: 6:34pm On Apr 26, 2022
bazzyblings:

Please which of the recognized church ? Because I would love to do too

Goto the registry website, you will see list of licenced churches.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Apostlepee: 6:38pm On Apr 26, 2022
Remarry and allow us face our Bubu
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by timmy7(m): 7:22pm On Apr 26, 2022
Alexia20:

Go and do an affidavit to that effect, as long as the age is consistent in other documents the error can be legally documented with an affidavit. Attach it to all the document you are uploading and you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Licht: 8:57pm On Apr 26, 2022
Just go to registry for another wedding certificate. Explain the issue to them so they won't bore you with other things, you will just do the documentation and pay the necessary fees, without doing the ceremony associated.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by writeprof(m): 4:10pm On Apr 27, 2022
Alexia20:

Church wedding certificate is not a legal document unless it's the Federal Govt issued certificate which some churches are authorised to present to couples.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

One Dies As Gas Tanker Falls On Vehicles On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / Overtaking Rules According To Nigeria Highway Code / PHOTOS: Tragic Accident In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.