Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Age Issue On Marriage Certificate - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Age Issue On Marriage Certificate (21907 Views)

My Opinion On Marriage By African Men In Diaspora. / Is Marriage Certificate Issued At Federal Marriage Registry Better Than LG? / Marriage Certificate Rquired By NVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Lagbenjo: 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2022
chrisbender:
Had same issue with mine .
Thanks to God it's later settled , and they finally come over .
You can chat me up for directions

Please , say the direction here . This is a faceless forum
Am also in her shoes

4 Likes

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Promoter2: 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2022
Go to the court and get affidavit
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Lagbenjo: 2:00pm On Apr 26, 2022
Please , say the direction here. This is a faceless forum. Am also in her shoes
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by wizzy106: 2:00pm On Apr 26, 2022
[Go and do registry and u will put the correct date, then u can use that one instead. Marriage registry is not much than 30k here in Benin in any of the local government

quote author=Alexia20 post=112224433]Hello house, the age of my spouse on our marriage certificate (church wedding cert) was wrongly captured (my own fault) and I will need to upload the certificate for visa application for spouse dependent visa application for my spouse to join me in uk asap. Common sense dictates that the age on marriage certificate should tally with her passport DOB .

Hence, I have approached the church for correction and they have refused blatantly on the ground that the mistake is not coming from them. So what other options do I have for proper documentation in this visa application,kindly advice.[/quote]
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by FireUpNow(m): 2:01pm On Apr 26, 2022
Approach marriage registry and use levels get your new marriage certificate. But what would you capture wrong DOB? Costly mistake.Good luck to you and spouse
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Iruosonobrugwhe: 2:01pm On Apr 26, 2022
nobody needs your church cert. registry is enough

1 Like

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by wizzy106: 2:02pm On Apr 26, 2022
Baba go do marriage registry for any local government, u will put the correct date there and use the certificate u will be issued. Not more than 30k

1 Like

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by exnovio(m): 2:02pm On Apr 26, 2022
Go marry you spouse legally in the registry and correct the birth date there..I doubt even if they accept Church Marriage certificate in any foreign embassy..when I was processing my wife visa they only ask for the legal marriage certificate we had from registry..even the Church certificate can't even find it again
Seems like it's of no use.

2 Likes

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by BlueAir: 2:05pm On Apr 26, 2022
Pls for God sake.make sure u get her to sign a pre nuptial agreement before u take her abroad or before marrying her in court. Men needs to start waking up.be wise ooo
Alexia20:
Hello house, the age of my spouse on our marriage certificate (church wedding cert) was wrongly captured (my own fault) and I will need to upload the certificate for [/b]visa application for spouse dependent visa application for my spouse to join me in uk asap[b]. Common sense dictates that the age on marriage certificate should tally with her passport DOB .

Hence, I have approached the church for correction and they have refused blatantly on the ground that the mistake is not coming from them. So what other options do I have for proper documentation in this visa application,kindly advice.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by oracle009(m): 2:06pm On Apr 26, 2022
Engrr:
No embassy recognises church wedding certificate. You will need a marriage certificate from the registry or court!

This information is not correct. Please, desist from sharing it any longer. Before you get married in church, ask if the church have been licensed for marriage. Most Orthodox churches are and they issue Federal Government certificate of marriage to you, which is admissible in every and any embassy in the world. Infact, if you get a certificate in a registry, NO Anglican clergy should/will join you in marriage again because you are already married under the same law, and we can't issue two same certificates. We can only bless such marriage.

Thank you

5 Likes

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by BlueAir: 2:06pm On Apr 26, 2022
And remember to tell him to get her to sign pre nuptial agreement before he takes her to court marriage. E get why ooo
exnovio:
[/b]Go marry you spouse legally in the registry[b] and correct the birth date there..I doubt even if they accept Church Marriage certificate in any foreign embassy..when I was processing my wife visa they only ask for the legal marriage certificate we had from registry..even the Church certificate can't even find it again
Seems like it's of no use.

1 Like

Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by TruthinAction: 2:12pm On Apr 26, 2022
Engrr:
No embassy recognises church wedding certificate. You will need a marriage certificate from the registry or court!

Some church are given the authority to use that of the court. Maybe, it's the case here.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by pozehnani(f): 2:13pm On Apr 26, 2022
Go and do registry with her and use the certificate.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Awoleesu(m): 2:13pm On Apr 26, 2022
Alexia20:
Hello house, the age of my spouse on our marriage certificate (church wedding cert) was wrongly captured (my own fault) and I will need to upload the certificate for visa application for spouse dependent visa application for my spouse to join me in uk asap. Common sense dictates that the age on marriage certificate should tally with her passport DOB .

Hence, I have approached the church for correction and they have refused blatantly on the ground that the mistake is not coming from them. So what other options do I have for proper documentation in this visa application,kindly advice.
Approach your local government Secretariat for govt issued marriage cert with the correct particulars... May cost you some money but its legit.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Peterosky(m): 2:14pm On Apr 26, 2022
What a bomb shell! where is madamvanessa when you need her the most. Her answers can sure give solutions to the OP
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by frozen70(f): 2:24pm On Apr 26, 2022
Alexia20:
Hello house, the age of my spouse on our marriage certificate (church wedding cert) was wrongly captured (my own fault) and I will need to upload the certificate for visa application for spouse dependent visa application for my spouse to join me in uk asap. Common sense dictates that the age on marriage certificate should tally with her passport DOB .

Marriage certificate from church can't be compared to court registry

You guys need to tall with your priest and if possible take it to their headquarters
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by ZIAZI(m): 2:25pm On Apr 26, 2022
Alexia20:

Go to a marriage registry and do well go get married under the Act. If you have done so already, then use that one in place of the other church marriage certificate. Please do well to make sure the changes are reflected in the new one.

You can contact me for further clarifications.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Ashirioluwa: 2:31pm On Apr 26, 2022
Alexia20:

Is either wrong age on passport, WAEC Certificate or Marriage certificate………more reason most foreigners don’t believe Nigerian man or woman’s age.

We have Visa age, employment age and football age
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by jtobiora(m): 2:32pm On Apr 26, 2022
I don't think any embassy recognizes church marriage certificate. Go to the registry and get one. This should suffice.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by maziude: 2:32pm On Apr 26, 2022
Alexia20:

Go get a marriage certificate from the registry. That is the only officially recognized certificate!
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by NamelessOGBENI(m): 2:33pm On Apr 26, 2022
naijainstinct:
Why will the church be that adamant? I hope they are not seeking bribe in any way? Because I don't understand people and institutions in Nigeria these days.

Go to court, get an affidavit declaring that a human error was made during the process of data entry into the marriage certificate. The most recognized documents for date of birth in Nigeria are your NPC declaration of age OR NPC birth certificate (if born after 1991), and national ID. All other documents including your international passport, driver's license, permanent voter's card and even marriage certificate rely on the information in the first 2 documents in bold.

Take these documents to them in the church and apply for a re-issuance of marriage certificate. Go along with that affidavit. If they still deny you, write to them and let them reply you with their letter head. Attach their response, together with your affidavit and other documents when submitting at the required visa office.

Shalom!
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by munas: 2:39pm On Apr 26, 2022
Alexia20:

Go to any court that weds people,meet the clerk their and they will run for you and backdate it.
Or go to any passport office in lagos,meet with does people that do fast tracking of international passport,they will help you get a marriage certificate with any date you want.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Enskynelson(m): 2:42pm On Apr 26, 2022
Alexia20:

You made the mistake on the document since and u made no complain. How will the Church believe you are telling the truth about your 'mistake' if you are just complaining about it how many days after the certificate was given to you? From your post, the mistake never mattered to u except for the fact that it's becoming a problem to your plan of traveling abroad. You may have even made another mistake by telling them why you need it changed, raising more suspicion. What you wrote is hard to believe it was a mistake.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by ejimatic: 2:44pm On Apr 26, 2022
Alexia20:

. Is your husband in Nigeria? Can you show me the copy of the certificate to know if it is even acceptable. Many church certificates are fake initially.Then I can advice you on what to do next!
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by iDRAW(m): 2:45pm On Apr 26, 2022
I can help you. I am a Designer, I can edit documents in Photoshop.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by linearity: 2:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
Alexia20:

Get a new passport with a DOB to tally with Marriage certificate and a brand new matching NPC birth certificate.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by OLANIYIPETER: 2:56pm On Apr 26, 2022
Brendaniel:
I don't know how this one works but I would have suggested you and your go and marry again in a court and collect another marriage certificate to present, don't know if that is possible though, I've never been married....

YOU ARE JOKING WITH 12 YEARS IMPRISONMENT .
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by thatigboman1: 2:58pm On Apr 26, 2022
Op, obtain court affidavit. Simple thing
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by Cutehector(m): 3:05pm On Apr 26, 2022
Shebi you see why Jesus said not all those that call his name Lord Lord will enter the kingdom of God.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by gigdfhjjhvc: 3:35pm On Apr 26, 2022
Alexia20:

I can get it done for you with a small token.
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by MMWandali: 3:37pm On Apr 26, 2022
Get a statutory marriage certificate (from marriage registry) or high court
Re: Age Issue On Marriage Certificate by MMWandali: 3:38pm On Apr 26, 2022
Get a statutory marriage certificate (from marriage registry) or high court

That should be more reliable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Overtaking Rules According To Nigeria Highway Code / PHOTOS: Tragic Accident In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State / Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.