Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,512 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? (26865 Views)

I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. / Her Responsibility, My Right / Woman Divorce Husband Over Depriving Her Sex For 2 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by higgs: 7:48pm On Apr 24, 2022
Funny guy,your father is first son so he inherits all your grand father's properties? Also work on your English.

3 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Arthurnna: 7:50pm On Apr 24, 2022
Our condolences first of all,but that ur father was the first of his father does NOT mean he gets EVERYTHING!!! And EVERYTHING is not Transmissible to you,inheritance are shared equally to all involved unless there was a written WILL by the said Late Grandfather sending everything to your father which I believe is not the case.. so,please stop this first son gets everything Crap,it's quite Nauseating.. you are forming over-all ownership of things that are meant for all and your uncles are trying to subtly teach you a lesson. So My Two Cent is,Ask for what Could be done to bury the man amicably and most importantly what will happen after the burial and believe you me the burial will hold in few days time maka " umu nnadi Siri ajo Ike". Because like an adage says "a child who does not care to know what killed the father,might end up going the same way" that's not our wish for you though.. Ask Questions!!

questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

My father happened to be the first son of my grandfather who automatically inherit his lands and other properties.

My father just died and since I'm the first son of my father. Which means I'm automatically inherit and in charge of those inheritance.

Now my uncles are all ganging up against me. These guys not allowing me to do the burial of my father who passed away for a while now.

They keep giving different excuses on why the burial will not hold.

They gang up and cancel the burial i fixed previously and I lost everything. All what I spent for the burial arrangements was wasted.

I really want to charge them for this.

They are using the influence that if they are not in support the burial will not hold.

These uncles has really fustrate me and I keep spending money and wasting my precious time traveling back to the village for series of meetings just to please them.

Yet they're not approving my burying my father. Not like they are giving me any money for the burial. I'm the one handling it yet they no gree.

They said i cannot inherit the grandfather and my father's properties..so I cannot do my father burial. And these are for their own selfish motives.

The Kingsman and the king supports me and has cautious the uncles to desease from such. But yet they still persist.

I have tried to make peace and peace with them as family concern but yet they are all still ganging up. And wow to fustrate me.

Now my patience has ruined out. I'm in mood for actions now.

I want to take matter higher than the community level with them now.

I'm thinking taking them to court now. But I don't know the process.

I'm seeking for the right direction i can take to solve such issue.

Thank you so much �

2 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Blue3k(m): 7:50pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:

Thank you so much �

1. Just bury the man you dont need permission to conduct the burial. 1 monkey can't stop the circus. You problem is you want spectacle/ befitting burial.

2. Go to court over land not over burial. If your father didn't have a written will or estate plan it will probably be determined by law or tradition.

3. Remember this experience and plan your estate so your estate for your own children.

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Error401: 7:51pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi �
you can't inherit your grandfather. You are only entitled to your dad's properties. If the later hasn't beer addressed, let your uncles share their fathers property then you can now claim your dad's share. That's how it's done

6 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by SILVERLINES: 7:51pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

My father happened to be the first son of my grandfather who automatically inherit his lands and other properties.

My father just died and since I'm the first son of my father. Which means I'm automatically inherit and in charge of those inheritance.

Now my uncles are all ganging up against me. These guys not allowing me to do the burial of my father who passed away for a while now.

They gang up and cancel the burial i fixed previously and I lost everything. All what I spent for the burial arrangements was wasted.

They are using the influence that if they are not in support the burial will not hold.

These uncles has really fustrate me and I keep spending money and wasting my precious time traveling back to the village for series of meetings just to please them.

Yet they're not approving my burying my father. Not like they are giving me any money for the burial. I'm the one handling it yet they no gree.

They said i cannot inherit the grandfather and my father's properties..so I cannot do my father burial. And these are for their own selfish motives.

The Kingsman and the king supports me and has cautious the uncles to desease from such. But yet they still persist.

I have tried to make peace and peace with them as family concern but yet they are all still ganging up. And wow to fustrate me.

Thank you so much �
don't be stupid go and share properties to your uncles and stop this nonsense of first son must inherit properties stuff l. Every child is important in the society, where am coming from even female children have a share of parents properties

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by erico2k2(m): 7:52pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much �
You are just greedy and lazy

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by DarlingtonC: 7:53pm On Apr 24, 2022
Fix the burial date, inform them and proceed with all arrangements.

SPEND MONEY TO HIRE ARMY AND BOUNCERS TO COORDINATE THINGS UNTIL THE BURIAL IS OVER
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Oturatetuala(m): 7:54pm On Apr 24, 2022
Then take the dead body to his house so that he can roast and eat it. because I don't why his not allowing you to bury the dead.

Some families with there wahala sha
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by aklion: 7:54pm On Apr 24, 2022
Forget court. U can't fight them using that. Just abide by what de want. Ask them if u can meet with them to know why n how or should be done. If na inheritance be there matter which de won't want to say... Use wisdom n ask for cousel. No go do pass or over Sabi. because them go end u follow your papa. Be wise.

4 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by darkstar6971(m): 7:56pm On Apr 24, 2022
WhatsApp me for a legal Assistance.
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much �
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Mom007(f): 7:57pm On Apr 24, 2022
You sef, you are greedy. You want to inherit both your fathers and grandfather's properties? And you expect them to do nothing? You better use your tongue to count your teeth! There is an old proverb that says a young boy before he is fully grown should not go asking what killed his late father... In your case, maybe you should ask yourself that question, maybe it will help you calm down.
Bro call those people and suggest that your grandfather's properties be shared equally amongst all the brothers including your late dad then you will now inherit his share. Better yet leave grandpa's property to his children... Make do with your dads own. Do this and see how fast they will let you bury your dad...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 24, 2022
Thread softly when it comes to the issue of uncles and inheritance. I'm talking from experience.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Blue3k(m): 8:01pm On Apr 24, 2022
Itzteewhy:
What's with Nairaland and inheritance issue. Na wa oo

The deceased simply didn't have the foresight to write out will or make estate plans.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by grandstar(m): 8:01pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer
My late dad was polygamous and had 3 wives and my mum was the first wife. They married in a church. The other wives were mistresses who he turned to wives due to "unwanted pregnancies" and wanting to do the right thing.

2 years ago, my dad's house was rented out and we decided to share ₦1.5m among the 3 wives.

Now, I am close to a cousin of the 2nd wife who is Igbo and he said that since my mother was the first wife, our line should get double portion of what the other wives get. He said that was the custom.

When I informed my older sister who is my dad's firstborn, she did not accept it. She said it should be split equally amongst all the wives and that is what was done. I was actually relieved when she came up with that. Though my dad is now deceased, we all live peacefully without rancor.

Now, customs and traditions were made for man and not man for customs and traditions. Even if your uncles are greedy, is it fair that you inherit all your grandfather and "father's" property alone? I wrote "father's" as some of your father's present properties were those inherited from your grandfather. It is better to be fair and not tradition rigid.

I am sure your greedy uncles too have problems and responsibilities to. They are also your grandfather's offsprings. It is better to be fair than stick to a custom that ignores the rights that other children should have.

I could have objected to my sister's suggestion. I have the right to. My stepmother would go ahead with whatever my sister said, whether they like it or not. They may go ahead with it but there'll be resentment which won't be voiced out. The freeness of speech which we all enjoy amongst ourselves today would be gone.

I would advise that you prove your right to be the firstborn of your dad, not by a feeling of entitlement, but rather, by being fair to all.

Property that your father built or acquired through his sweat should be off the table. That's not negotiable but your grandfather's properties should be the issue here.

You also need to be fair to your siblings regarding what your dad left behind. You'd be setting a precedent in the community.

6 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Guyman02: 8:02pm On Apr 24, 2022
chatinent:
1. Even if your father is the first son, it doesn't mean he'll inherit the whole property of your grandfather if he has brothers. Get it right. I don't know your tribe but I suspect Ibo. Understand that being the first son gives one a privilege to choose first or have the bigger share in property sharing but not taking all. Every male child MUST inherit a share, unless he was disowned. Now, why did your father claim all the property to himself when he had brothers?

2. If the property of your grandfather hasn't been shared rightfully to his sons and your father says he inherited them, it is wrong. I mean, it is very wrong. That's why they are back. And it may be that they've been waiting for this hour to strike...and sadly, you may not get any share...judging from what your father did to them. They are bringing payback in a platter of bronze.

I may be wrong with my conclusion of things tho..but..

3. Go ahead and bury your father...that's if you understand the force in what I infer. The dead must be buried, with or without their consent.

Anyways, I am available for thesis and dissertation writing. I submit with a Turnitin report.
Ibo is not a tribe, except you are referring to Igbo

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by donforeign: 8:02pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much �
go carry soldiers
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Hanatunde(f): 8:05pm On Apr 24, 2022
Go to human right radio, berekete family and report your matter
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Westernequinox: 8:06pm On Apr 24, 2022
Oga pray ooh, e get why, Oga involve your self for prayers and allow God manifest his will
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by drmuchin: 8:06pm On Apr 24, 2022
Evil Uncles
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Ngorbungor(m): 8:07pm On Apr 24, 2022
Dear OP, you are playing with fire, you better lay low and listen to your uncles, so that what kill your father will not visitt you. Am sorry to say this your father is very greedy and you are just following that footstep. Please no make them pour palm wine for ground for you

3 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by donforeign: 8:07pm On Apr 24, 2022
Pk01:
Benin with their inheritance wahala..

It's only in Benin that all the inheritance goes to the first born... Mad ooh...

Islamically is wrong, u, ur siblings, his wife's ..a times some of the family members..

Don't start what you can not continue.
lies
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Creamypie(m): 8:11pm On Apr 24, 2022
drmuchin:
Evil Uncles
they not evil, your grand dads property belongs to his kids, who are your uncles and aunties, same way your dads props belong to you and siblings, in that order. As long as they don't cone and take what directly belongs to your dad, no problems

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by kdc5000: 8:12pm On Apr 24, 2022
Bro if u re well to do, please leave the properties for them, because their capable of doing anything. ur life matter.my own opinion
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Housing(m): 8:12pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:

Yes, I understand. It could have better and easier if my father was able to share the properties but he couldn't.

Now, they are taking over those things now without allowing my father to get involved anymore. I'm not sure it's right too.

I wish it could be shared accordingly

They just want to take over everything as the man is late now. Not sure it's right.

You can now feel what your Uncles felt when your father took the whole properties of your grandfather only to himself. You have to be very careful because it is payback time.

Appeal to them and allow the sharing of thier father's properties (your grandfather).

All your claims reeks of greediness. Purge yourself of greed for a peaceful life

4 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by pevo: 8:13pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

I want to take matters higher than the community level with them now.

I'm thinking of taking them to court now. But I don't know the process.

I'm seeking the right direction I can take to solve such an issue.

Thank you so much �

I have read people's comments and advice given on the matter you posted above. I will advise you as follow.
1. Was all your grandfather's properties bequeathed to your father alone or shared among your father and his brother. If the answer is no, you need to find out if your father didn't tell you before his death.

2. You need to be careful in power tussle with your uncles. Don't be used as scape goat with matter relating to Land issue. Your live is more important than any properties you can think of. It's when you are alive and healthy you can fight over properties, especially unmoveable ones like Land and building.
3. Be at peace with your uncles and discuss amicably with them on when they want you to bury your father, by that way, you won't be waiting money unnecessarily on planning and yet it will be cancelled.

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Okobola146: 8:14pm On Apr 24, 2022
Op after burying your father, please go back to school and work on your English

2 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by pevo: 8:16pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

I want to take matters higher than the community level with them now.

I'm thinking of taking them to court now. But I don't know the process.

I'm seeking the right direction I can take to solve such an issue.

Thank you so much �

I have read people's comments and advice given on the matter you posted above. I will advise you as follow.
1. Was all your grandfather's properties bequeathed to your father alone or shared among your father and his brother. If the answer is no, you need to find out if your father didn't tell you before his death.

2. You need to be careful in power tussle with your uncles. Don't be used as scape goat with matter relating to Land issue. Your live is more important than any properties you can think of. It's when you are alive and healthy you can fight over properties, especially unmoveable ones like Land and building.
3. Be at peace with your uncles and discuss amicably with them on when they want you to bury your father, by that way, you won't be waiting money unnecessarily on planning and yet it will be cancelled.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by fabianiyobosa(m): 8:18pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much �

I sincerely hate the idea if fighting for properties and laying claims, I am the second son of my dad, he has houses and lands but believe me, I am not interested.

If you are doing OK and can buy your own properties, please do. It is so unnecessary to keep the dead waiting for so long.

If my dad dies today, at most, a week after, he will be buried. I'll let the uncles and aunties have their fill and meet their demands, it will only happen once.

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Herkim(m): 8:19pm On Apr 24, 2022
Hello Op

Don't be greedy , life is too short to follows the foot steps of greediness.

Fundamentally , where is your late dad now with all he acquired in this world . Vanity upon vanity .

Kindly settle all rancor with your uncles and move on with your life.

A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by demoBaba: 8:20pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:

Yes, I understand. It could have better and easier if my father was able to share the properties but he couldn't.

Now, they are taking over those things now without allowing my father to get involved anymore. I'm not sure it's right too.

I wish it could be shared accordingly

They just want to take over everything as the man is late now. Not sure it's right.

Your father supposed to have shared the property accordingly before his death.......may be your father wanted to have it all which is very bad. You have to understand that the said property isn't your direct father property so allow your uncles to share they're father property and give you your father share that is all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

John Fatoye Is Missing. Works In Lekki (pics) / Theory Of The Modern Wife / Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.