Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,449 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? (26880 Views)

I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. / Her Responsibility, My Right / Woman Divorce Husband Over Depriving Her Sex For 2 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by olibeans: 2:37am On Apr 25, 2022
How can you get help when your complaints are so vague..?

First, you didn't state your village or state so we don't know your tribe and therefore any suggestions are really not that helpful.

Last time I checked, burials are fixed by the bereaved in conjunction with the community, i.e if you're from the East, otherwise you don't count.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by koolaid87: 3:59am On Apr 25, 2022
Thread carefully son.

Unless you have a real spiritual backup, don't pick a war you can't win.

Have a dialogue with them, invite other respected elders for your community and settle things amicably.

You no go die before your time oo

RIP to your Dad
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by dettolgel: 4:16am On Apr 25, 2022
Brownshoe:
op won't spend two week on this earth, they will finish him with voodoo

Guy leave that thing. Since he claimed his father left him inheritance he should sale and use the proceed to run his own voodoo campaign.

This life whom ever say you should live will live as well whomever is plotting your downfall should be pushed down no time to be timid and hiding from evil people.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Elidrisy20: 4:33am On Apr 25, 2022
Most you wait for them?
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Obiorahpcfg: 5:25am On Apr 25, 2022
My dear, am yourself with prayers oh first. Then don't u have martnernal home? If yes, go to them. Since ur kings men and the chief supported you, o boy their own na jara. U can bury ur dad without them. Court case can prolong matters.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by West2019(m): 5:41am On Apr 25, 2022
My brother sorry for the lost, some issue like this always happens in same family where is no love and understanding. if you can share some of the property with them it would be fine, You most buried your late Father nobody will stop you for that . How can a group of bloody civilian stop you from giving the last respect to your father, if its Lagos I promise you from the inner of my heart and give you 10 soliders. ,Look for solider in that state you are . if its 3Army fine . don't go to court its a long process. some useless uncle need strong hand .
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by kus4fame(m): 5:42am On Apr 25, 2022
Dear op, your father ceased to be the first son the moment he gave in to the demands of death.
The former second son becomes the first son.
The Isi-Obi that your father occupied is to be vacated by your mother, you and your siblings as the next first son inherits same. This goes on until all your uncles join your father.
The raw truth is that you are a grand child and cannot drag anything owned by your grand father with your uncles.
At the instance of your father's death, he becomes the last born so that his sons can inherit something if your father treatedjis siblings well when he was in power.

2 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Drdes79: 5:43am On Apr 25, 2022
The selfishness your father exhibited to his
siblings is practically wrong And you think your father is right. Listen Those property belongs to there father and every child of your grandfather have a right in it but your father confiscated it all due to greed and forget that one day he will die,Today the game is playing.For your own good, Let the elders in the community share the property and let peace rain.Am from same place with you(The East) And I understand the cause of the friction even as a First Son.I can't claim ownership of everything our Father have for no reason.

2 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by paulo220(m): 5:59am On Apr 25, 2022
You knew about this situation before Ur father's death?

Why will Ur father inherited all the properties and you couldn't talk to him?

2 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Asquare84(m): 6:14am On Apr 25, 2022
TheOldGods:
how old are you?

38 years
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by SmileDance(f): 6:15am On Apr 25, 2022
Ejiakusmith:
wickedness in de highest order

imagine say na girls girls ur father born

chaaaiiiiiiii
I'm sure he has sisters and also doesn't think they have any right to their fathers properties. OP Is no different from his uncles
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Wannabenz: 6:26am On Apr 25, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

My father happened to be the first son of my grandfather who automatically inherit his lands and other properties.

My father just died and since I'm the first son of my father. Which means I'm automatically inherit and in charge of those inheritance.

Now my uncles are all ganging up against me. These guys not allowing me to do the burial of my father who passed away for a while now.

They keep giving different excuses on why the burial will not hold.

They gang up and cancel the burial i fixed previously and I lost everything. All what I spent for the burial arrangements was wasted.

I really want to charge them for this.

They are using the influence that if they are not in support the burial will not hold.

These uncles has really fustrate me and I keep spending money and wasting my precious time traveling back to the village for series of meetings just to please them.

Yet they're not approving my burying my father. Not like they are giving me any money for the burial. I'm the one handling it yet they no gree.

They said i cannot inherit the grandfather and my father's properties..so I cannot do my father burial. And these are for their own selfish motives.

The Kingsman and the king supports me and has cautious the uncles to desease from such. But yet they still persist.

I have tried to make peace and peace with them as family concern but yet they are all still ganging up. And wow to fustrate me.

Now my patience has ruined out. I'm in mood for actions now.

I want to take matter higher than the community level with them now.

I'm thinking taking them to court now. But I don't know the process.

I'm seeking for the right direction i can take to solve such issue.

Thank you so much �

The properties of your grandfather that was inherited by your father is not yours son. It belongs to the oldest male in that family.

But

Your fathers properties are yours as the first son plus your brothers too.

2 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Mcreloaded(m): 6:46am On Apr 25, 2022
Pk01:
Benin with their inheritance wahala..

It's only in Benin that all the inheritance goes to the first born... Mad ooh...

Islamically is wrong, u, ur siblings, his wife's ..a times some of the family members..

Don't start what you can not continue.

You meant Ishan and not Benin.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by alyarmouk(m): 6:57am On Apr 25, 2022
Yo have the igwes' backing already....gather youths n police and go bury your dad.
Share the property n leave some for them n their kids.

Do it fast before dey waste you too.
(Nwatakiri n'akalaka na Acho ihe mere nna ya, ihe mere nna ya e me ya)
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:31am On Apr 25, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

My father happened to be the first son of my grandfather who automatically inherit his lands and other properties.

My father just died and since I'm the first son of my father. Which means I'm automatically inherit and in charge of those inheritance.

Now my uncles are all ganging up against me. These guys not allowing me to do the burial of my father who passed away for a while now.

They gang up and cancel the burial i fixed previously and I lost everything. All what I spent for the burial arrangements was wasted.

They are using the influence that if they are not in support the burial will not hold.

These uncles has really fustrate me and I keep spending money and wasting my precious time traveling back to the village for series of meetings just to please them.

Yet they're not approving my burying my father. Not like they are giving me any money for the burial. I'm the one handling it yet they no gree.

They said i cannot inherit the grandfather and my father's properties..so I cannot do my father burial. And these are for their own selfish motives.

The Kingsman and the king supports me and has cautious the uncles to desease from such. But yet they still persist.

I have tried to make peace and peace with them as family concern but yet they are all still ganging up. And wow to fustrate me.

Thank you so much �

Maybe, you no too get money, bros.

If you have money, you don't need anyone's permission to bury your own father.
Fill the entire street with police, civil defence, army, miscreants, agberos, cultists, UGM, etc on that fateful day.
You'll see that those so-called ''supper power'' uncles won't step out of their rooms that day.

I don't think anyone can stop me from burying my father, unless it's the government.

Every discussion about land or any other property whosoever must be from at least 6 months after the burial.
And this is an order, and not negotiable! The dead man must be respected.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:47am On Apr 25, 2022
Brownshoe:
GAzzuzz the mechanic, you reach here today,

My broda , I shock o!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by THEREISGODINHEA: 7:57am On Apr 25, 2022
Get yourself prepared for the battle,if possible look for a Man of God to pray with you
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by chatinent: 8:14am On Apr 25, 2022
dettolgel:
Sorry for your lose.

One of the things I love about Nigeria is with money anything is possible.

Try to dance to their tune and fix a date two days later frame them anonymously and get them arrested for serious crime. Let the police transfer their case to outside your state.

While they are in detention do your father's burial.

After the burial release them and come back to thank me.

So that after the burial, his will be next?
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Bishopceo: 8:22am On Apr 25, 2022
Bro in my own culture your father is dead and if there is any family properties in his care it has to shift to his brother next to him and if all of them died then the grandchildren will share everything please get it right before they kill you be careful on this.

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by arazanbal: 8:54am On Apr 25, 2022
even if the late man acquired those properties with his own blood and sweat i.e not herited from his own father?? honestly I don't understand how igbo culture works but in bini's it a taaboo already. when a man dies and has left properties behind his first son automatically hierete those properties without any uncles interfering, now what the the elders of the deceased man will do is to make sure the eldest son shares to his younger siblings (male children mostly before female Children are considered) . but if the man has more than one wife before his death then the properties will be shared amoung the houses (wifes first sons) dough the first wife son is still entired to some advantages

JONNYSPUTE:
.... If such is the case then they are wrong.
That your father is late does not make him stop being his father's son and besides he has a son too.

The procedure is that the properties should be shared equal among them and you take your late father's share.

The only place they won't share with your father is what we call ISI Obi in Igbo culture as the first son but apart from that,every other properties should be shared equal among you and your uncles.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by okoroemeka(m): 8:56am On Apr 25, 2022
questionanswer:

Yes, I understand. It could have better and easier if my father was able to share the properties but he couldn't.

Now, they are taking over those things now without allowing my father to get involved anymore. I'm not sure it's right too.

I wish it could be shared accordingly

They just want to take over everything as the man is late now. Not sure it's right.

you are moving on dangerous grounds,they will not allow you to do the burial because if you bury your father you have inherited the land traditionally,call your father's brothers to a meeting,they cannot possibly want all the land themselves they just want a share,it must be shared between all of you but you will get the lion share,try and compromise,if you try to force the issue it may backfire,land issue in igboland is better handled with extreme caution and carefulness
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Obynolee(f): 9:06am On Apr 25, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much �

What exactly are you going to court to do?,I believe you father has his own house, did they enter your father's house to stop you from burying your father?.
Since the kindred and the King are with you,what other support do you need?.
How exactly did they stop you from burying your father?.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by luluosas(m): 9:35am On Apr 25, 2022
Forget about the English he spoke, he didn't tell you he was from Harvard. So spare him that please. Thank you.

higgs:
Funny guy,your father is first son so he inherits all your grand father's properties? Also work on your English.

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by TYCO77: 10:52am On Apr 25, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
chatinent:
1. Even if your father is the first son, it doesn't mean he'll inherit the whole property of your grandfather if he has brothers. Get it right. I don't know your tribe but I suspect Igbo. Understand that being the first son gives one a privilege to choose first or have the bigger share in property sharing but not taking all. Every male child MUST inherit a share, unless he was disowned. Now, why did your father claim all the property to himself when he had brothers?

2. If the property of your grandfather hasn't been shared rightfully to his sons and your father says he inherited them, it is wrong. I mean, it is very wrong. That's why they are back. And it may be that they've been waiting for this hour to strike...and sadly, you may not get any share...judging from what your father did to them. They are bringing payback in a platter of bronze.

I may be wrong with my conclusion of things if you are not Ibo tho..but..

3. Go ahead and bury your father...that's if you understand the force in what I infer. The dead must be buried, with or without their consent.

Anyways, I am available for thesis and dissertation writing. I submit with a Turnitin report.

The above statement is true in Igbo tradition, and to add to it if your late father had not shared your grand father's property with his siblings prior to his death then it is unfortunate that you will inherit nothing from your grand father property. The reason been according to Igbo tradition, grand children do not partake nor get anything in the sharing of their grand father' property. Only the immediate male children do inherit their father's property. However, if your uncles are kind, they might allow you get what your late father would have inherited had he been alive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by drnoel: 11:28am On Apr 25, 2022
questionanswer:

Yes, I understand. It could have better and easier if my father was able to share the properties but he couldn't.

Now, they are taking over those things now without allowing my father to get involved anymore. I'm not sure it's right too.

I wish it could be shared accordingly

They just want to take over everything as the man is late now. Not sure it's right.

There is nothing in the Igbo tradition that says the first son gets everything. Besides it seems that the hand your uncles are using for you is the same their brother used for them. Be careful here

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by TheGift: 11:44am On Apr 25, 2022
yanabasee:
OP....

You have to understand that the properties must be shared....

And they have their right to decide as well... Before the deceased became your father, he was first and foremost their brothers.... And you can't change that ....

And it's your grandfather's properties which also belongs to them... Your Uncle have right to their father's properties....

You've refused to tell us the content of all the meetings you've had with your uncle's and what their plea is...

Are they asking you to share the properties equally or give them a share of it?

I will say that you share it according to their demands.... The left over ones, you share it with your siblings .. and know where your own properties are.... And everyone will be at peace....

You sound like you're well to do... So why dragging properties with your elders?

You don't know that what killed your father can easily kill you too? Do you even know if your uncles have a hand in it?

How does the Father being buried or not affect their inheritance or not? Are they expecting the Dead father to rise up and decide in their favor, after all these years?
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by starlingbawa(m): 12:35pm On Apr 25, 2022
duduade:
Be ready to also fight this battle spiritually

PLEASE TAKE THIS ADVISE VERY SERIOUSLY IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO DIE MYSTERIOUSLY!!!

Most importantly this is the time more than ever to draw closer to God in fervent praying and fasting...

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by shantti(m): 1:00pm On Apr 25, 2022
Antyxx:

According to the OP and the comment section, first son inherit all father's properties according to your tradition

No be me talk am

It's not so. They r wrong. Am a first son myself

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by CDCEO001: 3:03pm On Apr 25, 2022
yanabasee:
OP....

You have to understand that the properties must be shared....

And they have their right to decide as well... Before the deceased became your father, he was first and foremost their brothers.... And you can't change that ....

And it's your grandfather's properties which also belongs to them... Your Uncle have right to their father's properties....

You've refused to tell us the content of all the meetings you've had with your uncle's and what their plea is...

Are they asking you to share the properties equally or give them a share of it?

I will say that you share it according to their demands.... The left over ones, you share it with your siblings .. and know where your own properties are.... And everyone will be at peace....

You sound like you're well to do... So why dragging properties with your elders?

You don't know that what killed your father can easily kill you too? Do you even know if your uncles have a hand in it?

I don't know any other better way to say it. I love your reply to this post.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by leofab(f): 1:39am On Apr 27, 2022
purejustice36:
Some kind matters no need plenty talk
Na ur papa no be their papa

Go carry soldiers, organize the burial
Burry your papa in peace and anyone wey no attend the burial soldier go flog am
For the burial ground the soldiers go ensure say all your uncles in total them place hand for your papa coffin say them nor go harm you whether physically or spiritually else make your papa ghost haunt them

Then you round it all up and return to base and avoid them totally, it’s that easy

Never even be sorry about it
na only op sabi where dem Dey carry soldier ? Imagine your cousin using soldier to intimidate your father ?

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Blue3k(m): 8:07pm On Apr 29, 2022
questionanswer:

Thank you so much �

Update us what did u end up doing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Theory Of The Modern Wife / Husband Flees After Wife Delivers Triplets / How To Increase Intimacy In Marriages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.