Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? (26876 Views)

I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. / Her Responsibility, My Right / Woman Divorce Husband Over Depriving Her Sex For 2 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by juman(m): 9:00pm On Apr 24, 2022
Probably his father was a bully that took over all the properties.
The uncles now want their share of the inheritance.
Work with them to get peace.

2 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by grandstar(m): 9:06pm On Apr 24, 2022
shantti:

Bro, I am Igbo and what the picture the op is painting is false.
T
The only right he has is the right to bury his dad. As for his grandfather's properties, his uncles have a very big upper hand over him. The properties would be shared equally and he gets to control the one given to his father.

It is obvious therefore that he might unconsciously have the spirit of entitlement without knowing it.

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by PrinceGallant: 9:07pm On Apr 24, 2022
Property always causes wahala after demise of its owner. But this has been settled long before we were all born. Only that if we follow the dictates of Almighty Allah. The Holy Qur'an has settled the matter of inheritance but we all don't care even those of us that profess submission to Almighty Allah
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Basheer22: 9:13pm On Apr 24, 2022
I don't know why Igbos behave like this. I don't know.

2 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by shantti(m): 9:13pm On Apr 24, 2022
Antyxx:

You and your THIEF culture. You are a THIEF and your FATHER was a THIEF, and your great-grandfather was a THIEF. All the useless people supporting you to inherit all your father,great-grandfather properties are THIEFS

It will not bee better for the idiot that made those unreasonable ancient, trouble causing cultural laws
Your great-grandfather gave birth to children, many, bring people in heaven to earth without their permission,after he died, he gave all his property to just one person. Why didn't he just give birth to just one child? I mean he should have given birth to only your father alone now, so he can inherit all hiss properties in PEACE, but NAH, he went ahead to have sex and brought innocent children to the world, only to accuse them of not being a first son and thus not sharing properties.

What if your uncle's were females? Means they can't even dream of having a single thing of their father that brought them to this world without permission

All of you are USELESS

Guy calm down, that's a wrong stereotype in igboland. Everyson gets a share of his father's property. The first son doesn't take all. I've never seen a first son take everything while his brothers got nothing.

Recently, my maternal uncles shared their fathers land. The oldest man in the kindred did the sharing. The first son got the land where the family house was built, every other person got his own land. In fact if we were to measure who got the biggest land, it was the third son. He got one and half plot while every other person got just a plot

3 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by shantti(m): 9:16pm On Apr 24, 2022
grandstar:

It is obvious therefore that he might unconsciously have the spirit of entitlement without knowing it.

That's it. He doesn't understand tradition

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by RayRay06677(m): 9:21pm On Apr 24, 2022
DarlingtonC:
Fix the burial date, inform them and proceed with all arrangements.

SPEND MONEY TO HIRE ARMY AND BOUNCERS TO COORDINATE THINGS UNTIL THE BURIAL IS OVER

Army and body guard dey protect from spirits. It's like you no dey watch Nollywood. You think those scripts are written from the blues. A single drop of ethanol and few words will end the matter for him head.

Pikin wey no Sabi wetin kill him papa go soon join the papa
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by shegun4sur: 9:22pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

My father happened to be the first son of my grandfather who automatically inherit his lands and other properties.

My father just died and since I'm the first son of my father. Which means I'm automatically inherit and in charge of those inheritance.

Now my uncles are all ganging up against me. These guys not allowing me to do the burial of my father who passed away for a while now.

They keep giving different excuses on why the burial will not hold.

They gang up and cancel the burial i fixed previously and I lost everything. All what I spent for the burial arrangements was wasted.

I really want to charge them for this.

They are using the influence that if they are not in support the burial will not hold.

These uncles has really fustrate me and I keep spending money and wasting my precious time traveling back to the village for series of meetings just to please them.

Yet they're not approving my burying my father. Not like they are giving me any money for the burial. I'm the one handling it yet they no gree.

They said i cannot inherit the grandfather and my father's properties..so I cannot do my father burial. And these are for their own selfish motives.

The Kingsman and the king supports me and has cautious the uncles to desease from such. But yet they still persist.

I have tried to make peace and peace with them as family concern but yet they are all still ganging up. And wow to fustrate me.

Now my patience has ruined out. I'm in mood for actions now.

I want to take matter higher than the community level with them now.

I'm thinking taking them to court now. But I don't know the process.

I'm seeking for the right direction i can take to solve such issue.

Thank you so much �

The only situation where you have a case in court is if your father own those properties legally and willed them to you

So you really want your father's brothers to look on while their father's possessions are taken over by you their nephew all in the name of inheritance. If na you you go gree??

2 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 24, 2022
chatinent:
1. Even if your father is the first son, it doesn't mean he'll inherit the whole property of your grandfather if he has brothers. Get it right. I don't know your tribe but I suspect Igbo. Understand that being the first son gives one a privilege to choose first or have the bigger share in property sharing but not taking all. Every male child MUST inherit a share, unless he was disowned. Now, why did your father claim all the property to himself when he had brothers?

2. If the property of your grandfather hasn't been shared rightfully to his sons and your father says he inherited them, it is wrong. I mean, it is very wrong. That's why they are back. And it may be that they've been waiting for this hour to strike...and sadly, you may not get any share...judging from what your father did to them. They are bringing payback in a platter of bronze.

I may be wrong with my conclusion of things if you are not Ibo tho..but..

3. Go ahead and bury your father...that's if you understand the force in what I infer. The dead must be buried, with or without their consent.

Anyways, I am available for thesis and dissertation writing. I submit with a Turnitin report.

Out of point
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by toprealman: 9:24pm On Apr 24, 2022
You sound very greedy and stubborn. What you are reporting here is not the full gist. They gave you some conditions but you felt you can do it in your own terms but it backfired.
Reason with them, do papa's burial first.
You see this thing called land......we cannot go to anywhere with it. Work hard, trust God......you will be able to afford enough to do whatever you want.

2 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by TechCapon(m): 9:49pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

My father happened to be the first son of my grandfather who automatically inherit his lands and other properties.

My father just died and since I'm the first son of my father. Which means I'm automatically inherit and in charge of those inheritance.

Now my uncles are all ganging up against me. These guys not allowing me to do the burial of my father who passed away for a while now.

They gang up and cancel the burial i fixed previously and I lost everything. All what I spent for the burial arrangements was wasted.

They are using the influence that if they are not in support the burial will not hold.

These uncles has really fustrate me and I keep spending money and wasting my precious time traveling back to the village for series of meetings just to please them.

Yet they're not approving my burying my father. Not like they are giving me any money for the burial. I'm the one handling it yet they no gree.

They said i cannot inherit the grandfather and my father's properties..so I cannot do my father burial. And these are for their own selfish motives.

The Kingsman and the king supports me and has cautious the uncles to desease from such. But yet they still persist.

I have tried to make peace and peace with them as family concern but yet they are all still ganging up. And wow to fustrate me.

Thank you so much �
you shouldn't have brought up any inheritance issues. Just seek advice on how to bury your dad. Many jealous people on these forum won't give you good advice because they are focused on inheritance matters. I think those who seek advice on this forum are not smart
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:04pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much �

You go just die for nothing.

You sef you greedy o! Give them something nah grin

6 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 24, 2022
Ngorbungor:

I suspect the OP is as greedy as his father, am sorry to say this.

E possible. Just make him no pay with him head
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by mastermaestro(m): 10:13pm On Apr 24, 2022
Greed sends strong men to the grave earlier than normal. Try not to continue in the path your late father took. It didn’t seem like a brotherly one.

Let me tell you about my dad. He is well and very strong. When his father passed on, he left plots of land for him. In fact his dad before he died was not in beautiful terms with the other children who had joined his wife (my grandmother) to rebel against him (my grandfather).

Before he passed on, he had willed everything he had to my dad who was his first son and child. He left nothing for his remaining three recalcitrant children. Being a fair person that my dad is, he didn’t follow his father’s will considering the crisis and bad blood that would have emanated from such an act. My dad immediately handed one of the two inherited houses to his younger brother.

He went further by sharing all the plots of lands amongst them. As for one of his sisters who was late already, he reached out to her children and gave them their mother’s portion of lands from the inheritance.

Most of them today can’t look at my dad in the face. They are as meek as lamb whenever they see my dad. Why? Because they never expected such act of selflessness from someone they bore unfounded hatred towards. My dad practically silenced all voices of contention that would have arisen because of family property.

My guy, anyone who wants to live long enough to enjoy family inheritance must take the route of fairness, selflessness and contentment.

My little contribution, bro.

3 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Alonso91(m): 10:27pm On Apr 24, 2022
As an African man be ready to fight spiritually on this matter......When you finally have d chance to bury ur late father do so n face ur front,forget abt any inheritance if you so value ur life

Africa ni won n pe ibi
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by mastermaestro(m): 10:35pm On Apr 24, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Greed is written all over. You dey see am. grin He wants to continue where his father stopped. I pray he makes it out alive. sad

2 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Johnsown1(m): 10:39pm On Apr 24, 2022
Did they say that you will not inherit your father's properties or you will not inherit all of it.

Did your father shared the land with his brothers or he inherited all of it.

What did the kingsmen and igwe said about the said properties and the sharing formular.

Get their opinion or their main issue concerning the property then annalyze it,
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by fortunechy(m): 10:44pm On Apr 24, 2022
My dear, be a Man and bury ur father without them but make sure u back it up spiritually. If care isn't taking they might have a hand in ur father's death. Wishing you the best.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by bizhop01: 10:50pm On Apr 24, 2022
Your father inherited everything because he was firstborn I'm very sure you too will do the same to you brothers, the will kill you like selfish chicken.

3 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Forumobserver12(m): 10:59pm On Apr 24, 2022
chatinent:
1. Even if your father is the first son, it doesn't mean he'll inherit the whole property of your grandfather if he has brothers. Get it right. I don't know your tribe but I suspect Igbo. Understand that being the first son gives one a privilege to choose first or have the bigger share in property sharing but not taking all. Every male child MUST inherit a share, unless he was disowned. Now, why did your father claim all the property to himself when he had brothers?

2. If the property of your grandfather hasn't been shared rightfully to his sons and your father says he inherited them, it is wrong. I mean, it is very wrong. That's why they are back. And it may be that they've been waiting for this hour to strike...and sadly, you may not get any share...judging from what your father did to them. They are bringing payback in a platter of bronze.

I may be wrong with my conclusion of things if you are not Ibo tho..but..

3. Go ahead and bury your father...that's if you understand the force in what I infer. The dead must be buried, with or without their consent.

Anyways, I am available for thesis and dissertation writing. I submit with a Turnitin report.

You have said it all, the guy is obviously following his late father's footsteps,
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by bluebay(m): 11:03pm On Apr 24, 2022
Be it western world, i would have advised yiu to bury your father in the cemetery and move on
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Paulianfa(m): 11:29pm On Apr 24, 2022
Uncle's with land na civil war, mehn u gats prepare cos u against the rest of the family. U needs watch ur back.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by osazsky(m): 11:33pm On Apr 24, 2022
Greedy 1st son ..ur dad was greedy..the property will be shared approptaitly then u can go and bury ur dad..some people nor get sense..ur dad would have prevented this mess.pls the property that will get to u..take some and share the rest so that ur unborn son wont have to face wat u are facing now...wisdom
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by UCHIHAmask: 11:34pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:

Thank you for your input.
You sound well on the matter as Nwaafor Igbo.

I'm not kind of trouble maker. I love peace always. Unfortunately I have just found myself in such suitation.
That guy you replied is saying the truth,assuming your dad didn't try to cheat your uncles their current actions could be likened to greed or hate...
Now I would like to let you know that friends may easily develop hate,greed,malice and betrayal but family(blood) wouldn't,
friends can also easily let go of this negative feelings..
Family loves and cares for you because it is expected of it and because it can't easily develop negative feelings for you but trust me when family which is supposed to love you develops hate for you,it would be stronger that what a friend can incur,the hate would be powered by that ties(blood) which connects you and it would be hard for it to let go unlike when friends hate..
Be ready to battle spiritually and physically,they wouldn't accept peace so attack them before they do you,spiritually using seals invoke or summon principalities and powers of Persia then no matter what those uncles consult as a youth I think those beings would favour you,physically you can just recruit the service of the men of the underworld against them or become one yourself...
Better still,there is still the DIVINE,run to JEHOVAH the almighty Creator for protection...
If your uncles aren't that bad just fight it normally.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by osazsky(m): 11:35pm On Apr 24, 2022
Paulianfa:
Uncle's with land na civil war, mehn u gats prepare cos u against the rest of the family. U needs watch ur back.
its a lost battle..na small boy he cant fight them..the property would be shared appropriately then he can go and bury his greedy late dad.simple

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Brownshoe: 11:58pm On Apr 24, 2022
dettolgel:
Sorry for your lose.

One of the things I love about Nigeria is with money anything is possible.

Try to dance to their tune and fix a date two days later frame them anonymously and get them arrested for serious crime. Let the police transfer their case to outside your state.

While they are in detention do your father's burial.

After the burial release them and come back to thank me.
op won't spend two week on this earth, they will finish him with voodoo

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Brownshoe: 12:21am On Apr 25, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

GAzzuzz the mechanic, you reach here today,
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by themanderon: 12:33am On Apr 25, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much �

You have to be very careful about those village uncles. They are soulless beasts. Many have gone because of matters such as this. Soon spiritual arrows will start lunching right, left and center from their covens all targeted at you so be ready for such. Are you sure they did not use native air force to terminate your Dad? Once again be careful with those devils.
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by webxpert107: 12:35am On Apr 25, 2022
dettolgel:
Sorry for your lose.

One of the things I love about Nigeria is with money anything is possible.

Try to dance to their tune and fix a date two days later frame them anonymously and get them arrested for serious crime. Let the police transfer their case to outside your state.

While they are in detention do your father's burial.

After the burial release them and come back to thank me.

What manner of conningness is this? This will ultimately bring more trouble than any slight solution it might bring.

The fact that the late father got all the properties while there were other males in the family is what still rubs me the wrong way. Like, how's that even done?

They apparently finally want a share of the property, and if OP claims that his father didn't have the chance to share it while he was alive (I wonder how long he had it all), now is his chance to do better than his father and share it.

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Antyxx: 12:48am On Apr 25, 2022
shantti:

Guy calm down, that's a wrong stereotype in igboland. Everyson gets a share of his father's property. The first son doesn't take all. I've never seen a first son take everything while his brothers got nothing.

Recently, my maternal uncles shared their fathers land. The oldest man in the kindred did the sharing. The first son got the land where the family house was built, every other person got his own land. In fact if we were to measure who got the biggest land, it was the third son. He got one and half plot while every other person got just a plot
According to the OP and the comment section, first son inherit all father's properties according to your tradition

No be me talk am
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Pickmycall: 2:28am On Apr 25, 2022
Okobola146:
Op after burying your father, please go back to school and work on your English
Who English EPP?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Theory Of The Modern Wife / Husband Flees After Wife Delivers Triplets / How To Increase Intimacy In Marriages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.