Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Latter Day Saints - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Latter Day Saints (280 Views)

I Regret Introducing My Parents To The Church Of Jesus Of Latter Day Saints. / The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints First Timer Tomorrow / This Is Mormonism, A.K. A Latter Day Saints; Flee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Latter Day Saints by efosb(m): 8:35pm On Apr 24, 2022
First time posting here happy Sunday �
I came across some men with on white shirt and black trousers today and they stopped me and spoke to me about their church which I have never heard of the name before. The church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints , anyone has any idea about the church?
Re: Latter Day Saints by Felimax(m): 9:02pm On Apr 24, 2022
Gentle and cool guys but almost like another version of a cult like Jehovah Witnesses.

They have a different version of Jesus also. They are so filled with brotherliness and love.

I like them though but I yet to see anything like Catholicism.

1 Like

Re: Latter Day Saints by sageb: 10:11pm On Apr 24, 2022
Felimax:
Gentle and cool guys but almost like another version of a cult like Jehovah Witnesses.

They have a different version of Jesus also. They are so filled with brotherliness and love.

What version of Jesus are you talking about?
You are lying
Re: Latter Day Saints by Felimax(m): 11:52pm On Apr 24, 2022
sageb:

What version of Jesus are you talking about?
You are lying

I am lying! Do they read the regular bible as though they the book of Mormon?

Below is excerpt from wiki on the book of Mormon.

"The pivotal event of the book is an appearance of Jesus Christ in the Americas shortly after his resurrection.[16] Common teachings of the Latter Day Saint movement hold that the Book of Mormon fulfills numerous biblical prophecies by ending a global apostasy and signaling a restoration of Christian gospel. The book can also be read as a critique of Western society and contains passages condemning immorality, individualism, social inequality, ethnic injustice, nationalism, and the rejection of God, revelation, and miraculous religion.[17]"

You are lying!

Do you have it anywhere in your Bible that Jesus appear in the Americas shortly after his resurrection?

This people are also from the U.S like Jehovah Witness and anything coming from the U S about Jesus Christ you have to look it well.

You won't tender your comment but when others do that is when some of you guys will start having erection that is never stable.
Re: Latter Day Saints by tctrills: 12:22am On Apr 25, 2022
Felimax:

tell us what they told you lets discuss it here. Tell us about their Jesus Christ?
Re: Latter Day Saints by tctrills: 12:28am On Apr 25, 2022
Felimax:

I am lying! Do they read the regular bible as though they the book of Mormon?

Below is excerpt from wiki on the book of Mormon.

"The pivotal event of the book is an appearance of Jesus Christ in the Americas shortly after his resurrection.[16] Common teachings of the Latter Day Saint movement hold that the Book of Mormon fulfills numerous biblical prophecies by ending a global apostasy and signaling a restoration of Christian gospel. The book can also be read as a critique of Western society and contains passages condemning immorality, individualism, social inequality, ethnic injustice, nationalism, and the rejection of God, revelation, and miraculous religion.[17]"

You are lying!

Do you have it anywhere in your Bible that Jesus appear in the Americas shortly after his resurrection?

This people are also from the U.S like Jehovah Witness and anything coming from the U S about Jesus Christ you have to look it well.

You won't tender your comment but when others do that is when some of you guys will start having erection that is never stable.

Tell us more about this Different Jesus. do us a favor, post everything they tell you on this thread. Or better still, ask them if they care to join this thread. It would be fun having Latter Day saint missionaries on the thread.
Re: Latter Day Saints by Felimax(m): 5:54am On Apr 25, 2022
tctrills:

Tell us more about this Different Jesus. do us a favor, post everything they tell you on this thread. Or better still, ask them if they care to join this thread. It would be fun having Latter Day saint missionaries on the thread.

For your own good keep to your Christian believe. It is not everything you want to know trust me. You can as well create a thread where you ask them to come and explain their believe to you, I am not in position to that. Seriously for me, I resist very vehemently anything that will adulterate my Catholic believe.

So you can do a call out and they will come and explain themselves.

The thread doesn't need to be fun but educative.
Good morning.
Re: Latter Day Saints by tctrills: 8:51am On Apr 25, 2022
Felimax:

For your own good keep to your Christian believe. It is not everything you want to know trust me. You can as well create a thread where you ask them to come and explain their believe to you, I am not in position to that. Seriously for me, I resist very vehemently anything that will adulterate my Catholic believe.

So you can do a call out and they will come and explain themselves.

The thread doesn't need to be fun but educative.
Good morning.
Sorry I didn't mean to tag you. I wanted the guy who met the missionaries to share his experience not you. Its always better to hear from the fresh unbias source not from someone who already has a negative opinion. That's how we learn. We expose people to all sides of the story and allow them to make up their minds. Just as you made up your mind after hearing
Re: Latter Day Saints by tctrills: 8:52am On Apr 25, 2022
efosb:
First time posting here happy Sunday �
I came across some men with on white shirt and black trousers today and they stopped me and spoke to me about their church which I have never heard of the name before. The church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints , anyone has any idea about the church?
Very interested.

(1) (Reply)

I Cannot Decently Finish One Thread without a Ban / What Is Happening To My Life Pls...the Devil Is A Liar.. / 5 Ways Your Smartphone Is Changing You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.