Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Javascript Resource!!! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Javascript Resource!!! (1070 Views)

Turing Resource / The Javascript Thread / After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Javascript Resource!!! by jansonn(m): 2:06pm On Apr 25, 2022
Hey guys!!
As always, thanks for the input to my previous thread!! I've not gotten the internship yet though, but I've applied on some of the recommended sites!! Still hoping for the best and dev my skill in the process
This thread is for detailed and projected centred links for beginners in JavaScript. I'd go first and our ogas in the group can help out. Make Una no air me abeg cry
-scimba: that guy is making js really interesting for me, I spend hours on my laptop without even knowing, he builds projects while teaching which makes it really interacting and solution based, I'd recommend him for anyone.
Alright guys, let's keep them coming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Javascript Resource!!! by LikeAking: 6:13pm On Apr 25, 2022
jansonn:
Hey guys!!
As always, thanks for the input to my previous thread!! I've not gotten the internship yet though, but I've applied on some of the recommended sites!! Still hoping for the best and dev my skill in the process
This thread is for detailed and projected centred links for beginners in JavaScript. I'd go first and our ogas in the group can help out. Make Una no air me abeg cry
-scimba: that guy is making js really interesting for me, I spend hours on my laptop without even knowing, he builds projects while teaching which makes it really interacting and solution based, I'd recommend him for anyone.

Stop learning via u-tube.

Instead start attempting small, small code challenges.

Build 5 line to 10 line codes.

Eg. Age calculator. Any thing that involves calculations.

Use u-tube when you don learn.

The bosses will give u a better advice, I am just opening the floor for dem.

1 Like

Re: Javascript Resource!!! by jbreezy: 6:33pm On Apr 25, 2022
jansonn:
Hey guys!!
The best way to learn js (or any programming language) is to build projects with what you've learnt...One of the mistakes I made back then was digging through resources (from textbooks to videos), learning syntaxes and terminologies without building, thinking I've known it all...Just for me to realize I indeed Knew nothing...Then to help my situation, I started building small projects with what I've learnt..I started with a Florin Pop's video on youtube (build 10 js projects in 10 hours)...I coded along...built all 10 projects, even though the whole process was quite tedious...But did it help?? It really did!!! Because right now, I can build most js projects (from junior to intermediate) in few minutes...and I mean very few minutes!!! so learn basics, build many projects and be sure to know how each code you write functions...peace!!

5 Likes

Re: Javascript Resource!!! by jansonn(m): 7:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
jbreezy:

The best way to learn js (or any programming language) is to build projects with what you've learnt...One of the mistakes I made back then was digging through resources (from textbooks to videos), learning syntaxes and terminologies without building, thinking I've known it all...Just for me to realize I indeed Knew nothing...Then to help my situation, I started building small projects with what I've learnt..I started with a Florin Pop's video on youtube (build 10 js projects in 10 hours)...I coded along...built all 10 projects, even though the whole process was quite tedious...But did it help?? It really did!!! Because right now, I can build most js projects (from junior to intermediary) in few minutes...and I mean very few minutes!!! so learn basics, build many projects and be sure to know how each code you write functions...peace!!
Alright!! Thanks alot man
Re: Javascript Resource!!! by jansonn(m): 7:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
LikeAking:

Stop learning via u-tube.

Instead start attempting small, small code challenges.

Build 5 line to 10 line codes.

Eg. Age calculator. Any thing that involves calculations.

Use u-tube when you don learn.

The bosses will give u a better advice, I am just opening the floor for dem.

Ok man, thanks alot
Re: Javascript Resource!!! by Cool85: 2:17am On Apr 26, 2022
jbreezy:

The best way to learn js (or any programming language) is to build projects with what you've learnt...One of the mistakes I made back then was digging through resources (from textbooks to videos), learning syntaxes and terminologies without building, thinking I've known it all...Just for me to realize I indeed Knew nothing...Then to help my situation, I started building small projects with what I've learnt..I started with a Florin Pop's video on youtube (build 10 js projects in 10 hours)...I coded along...built all 10 projects, even though the whole process was quite tedious...But did it help?? It really did!!! Because right now, I can build most js projects (from junior to intermediate) in few minutes...and I mean very few minutes!!! so learn basics, build many projects and be sure to know how each code you write functions...peace!!
Pls I need link to the florin pop video
Re: Javascript Resource!!! by jikins(m): 6:33am On Apr 26, 2022
Cool85:
Pls I need link to the florin pop video

Just search on YouTube na
Re: Javascript Resource!!! by Nobody: 4:45am On May 30, 2022
jansonn:
Hey guys!!

currently using scrimba to learn JS too
Re: Javascript Resource!!! by jansonn(m): 6:23am On May 30, 2022
branham890:

currently using scrimba to learn JS too
Perfect.
After that go watch fundamental of js and 15 vanilla js projects by coding addict(John smilga). It's even better than scrimba
Re: Javascript Resource!!! by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 31, 2022
jansonn:

Perfect.
After that go watch fundamental of js and 15 vanilla js projects by coding addict(John smilga). It's even better than scrimba
fundamentals of js from mosh on youtube? who is john smilga please
Re: Javascript Resource!!! by Genesils(m): 10:04am On Sep 06, 2022
jbreezy:

The best way to learn js (or any programming language) is to build projects with what you've learnt...One of the mistakes I made back then was digging through resources (from textbooks to videos), learning syntaxes and terminologies without building, thinking I've known it all...Just for me to realize I indeed Knew nothing...Then to help my situation, I started building small projects with what I've learnt..I started with a Florin Pop's video on youtube (build 10 js projects in 10 hours)...I coded along...built all 10 projects, even though the whole process was quite tedious...But did it help?? It really did!!! Because right now, I can build most js projects (from junior to intermediate) in few minutes...and I mean very few minutes!!! so learn basics, build many projects and be sure to know how each code you write functions ...peace!!
Importanter
Re: Javascript Resource!!! by qtguru(m): 10:35am On Sep 06, 2022
Find this book, that is how I learnt JavaScript, It will teach you JS/DOM API/BOM and Sandbox Restrictions and everything JS, this is a book you read for years it might not contain some new ES6/7 but JavaScript knowledge is around ES5.

Honest advice:

Also give yourself 2 years, there's nothing like learning Js in weeks, that's nonsense. JS is more than the syntax, DOM API is a large part too, especially if you plan to write React,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Javascript Resource!!! by Sulele04(m): 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2022
qtguru:
Find this book, that is how I learnt JavaScript, It will teach you JS/DOM API/BOM and Sandbox Restrictions and everything JS, this is a book you read for years it might not contain some new ES6/7 but JavaScript knowledge is around ES5.

Honest advice:

Also give yourself 2 years, there's nothing like learning Js in weeks, that's nonsense. JS is more than the syntax, DOM API is a large part too, especially if you plan to write React,
Actually this particular 4th edition is updated for Es6 & Es7.
Re: Javascript Resource!!! by qtguru(m): 12:55pm On Sep 06, 2022
Sulele04:

Actually this particular 4th edition is updated for Es6 & Es7.

Thanks, that's even better, I think it was Zakas's one not updated.

(1) (Reply)

Visual Fortran / Visual Basic Programming Code / Php/mysql Insert Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.