Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,923 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. (35864 Views)

Mystery.. Strange Image Appear On Sky While Students Are Taking Pics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by anonymuz(m): 10:48pm On Jun 28, 2022
Being nice is good..but there are people that are toxic to that. Use sense while helping
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by AbuAeesha: 10:49pm On Jun 28, 2022
Travicon:
Hello Nairalanders,
I will try as much as possible to make the write-up short.

I am a 21years old guy at a Russian university with two Nigerian roommates (In the hostel though). We averagely get the same amount of money as an allowance monthly, but mine always finishes first.

I don't spend unnecessarily on myself, and we cook together. I discovered after two months of staying together that they care less about buying things that we generally use in the room. For instance, I always buy food season, detergents, and cooking oil (quite expensive).

I cook most of the time. Anytime I decide not to cook, we always go hungry and I can't cope with that. This has made my cash always run out faster and I can't stop them from eating my food or using the things I buy.

There was a time also I lend the last money with me (100k in naira) to my best friend then in Nigeria because he claimed his dad was sick and promised to repay by month-end. I didn't have anything to take me through the remaining days of the month but I gave it out because he was a close friend. Month-end, I couldn't get money from my sponsor because of some issues. I contacted my guy but he stopped replying to me on WhatsApp. I managed to get 20k but the rest is probably history now.

Whenever people talk about their problems, I always feel for them to the extent of giving out my money even if it's the last cash on me. I have never had a girlfriend, but I don't always have the strength to reject if a girl asks for airtime or money from me (including my mum and sisters though)

I always try to go to any length to see people happy even if it means borrowing money from another person for them. I'm that foolish. Generally, I'm too soft-hearted and nice but I don't know how to solve this problem. Someone advised me I should get a girlfriend who should always be angry with me if I'm being too nice to people and that will help me solve the problem to some extent but I think it won't.

I'm not from a rich family, not even from an average family. I'm even from a polygamous home so I know what it means to have suffered as a Nigerian. I was on the street and I guess that's what is making me this weak emotionally. I'm a simp all-around in my life and relationship with people. People are always cheating on me, taking advantage of who I am.

I NEED genuine HELP, please.
pls don't get any cohabiting partner /girlfriend now,rather get a wife if u can afford.
try getting urself a business or work to do.wen u have a financial target for that bixnes u won't lend pple money anyhow, though am not advising u to be stingy,but I believe it will improve your spending behavior.
lastly no amount spent on ur parents is wasteful.

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Elock1: 10:51pm On Jun 28, 2022
Travicon:
Hello Nairalanders,

I am a 21years old guy at a Russian university with two Nigerian roommates (In the hostel though). We averagely get the same amount of money as an allowance monthly, but mine always finishes first.

I don't spend unnecessarily on myself, and we cook together. I discovered after two months of staying together that they care less about buying things that we generally use in the room. For instance, I always buy food season, detergents, and cooking oil (quite expensive).

I cook most of the time. Anytime I decide not to cook, we always go hungry and I can't cope with that. This has made my cash always run out faster and I can't stop them from eating my food or using the things I buy.

There was a time also I lend the last money with me (100k in naira) to my best friend then in Nigeria because he claimed his dad was sick and promised to repay by month-end. I didn't have anything to take me through the remaining days of the month but I gave it out because he was a close friend. Month-end, I couldn't get money from my sponsor because of some issues. I contacted my guy but he stopped replying to me on WhatsApp. I managed to get 20k but the rest is probably history now.

Whenever people talk about their problems, I always feel for them to the extent of giving out my money even if it's the last cash on me. I have never had a girlfriend, but I don't always have the strength to reject if a girl asks for airtime or money from me (including my mum and sisters though)

I always try to go to any length to see people happy even if it means borrowing money from another person for them. I'm that foolish. Generally, I'm too soft-hearted and nice but I don't know how to solve this problem. Someone advised me I should get a girlfriend who should always be angry with me if I'm being too nice to people and that will help me solve the problem to some extent but I think it won't.

I'm not from a rich family, not even from an average family. I'm even from a polygamous home so I know what it means to have suffered as a Nigerian. I was on the street and I guess that's what is making me this weak emotionally. I'm a simp all-around in my life and relationship with people. People are always cheating on me, taking advantage of who I am.

OP I feel your pain honestly.. I'm nice too like to the core, and I feel everyone should just be reasonable and be nice as well (come on, it shouldn't be that hard)

But the truth is, we all can't be nice, we all came from different backgrounds.. Currently I've lost a lot and going through depression because of my niceness and I feel so empty.. the so called people I was nice to are nowhere to be found.. I'm currently developing wickedness in my immune system because I know what I'm facing currently..

For sure I will bounce back and when I do there will be no room for niceness because it will be only you that will bare the brunt.

My advice to you is this.. Don't let it escalate to the extent where you get depressed.. because I'm even loosing weight cause of it now..

You have to develop a tough will, don't wait until it gets worse just like my situation.. Not everybody can bear it... Think about yourself and love YOU more..coz you alone will be with your self althrough the joy and pain..

Ciao

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by chidodoicon: 10:57pm On Jun 28, 2022
Don't be too cool and don't be too hot
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Jimmy231: 11:05pm On Jun 28, 2022
Dajupa, Marerin, Kala
Travicon:
Hello Nairalanders,

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 28, 2022
It's not about you being too nice.
You're only friends with selfish people who think they're smart.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by money121(m): 11:08pm On Jun 28, 2022
Travicon:
Hello Nairalanders,

Seem we are thesame but please try to adjust it help alot
People take small opportunity for granted..
God will repay you in multiple way
Na ur way you can't change

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by OneKinGuy(m): 11:14pm On Jun 28, 2022
You have to stop being nice ASAP. I learnt the hard way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by kingmsookwagh(m): 11:21pm On Jun 28, 2022
Be skeptical when being nice.

Figure out when you're being used and not.

Tryna add some level of intelligence to your nice attitude and discard the STUPIDITY IN YOU.

I COME IN PEACE!

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Alvelt14(m): 11:22pm On Jun 28, 2022
You know what to do. DO IT.
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by pargelenis(m): 11:24pm On Jun 28, 2022
You are living in Russia and so you should behave like the Russians … squeeze your face and use your things for yourself alone.
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by ksbusari(m): 11:28pm On Jun 28, 2022
Shebi didinrin niwo
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Loreettaa: 11:40pm On Jun 28, 2022
I'll advise you like a younger brother.
You're 21. BE SELFISH.
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by domDva(m): 11:59pm On Jun 28, 2022
Them create you and my mama the same day � mummistic mummy can even remove your shirt and dash a naked child, saying, don’t worry, you can be using that other shirt at home for now.

Travicon:
Hello Nairalanders,

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by bukolaademi001(f): 11:59pm On Jun 28, 2022
Stop being nice then.
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by LINSAR: 12:06am On Jun 29, 2022
Transcriber:
fine gal smiley

If you're in surulere axis and you need to release...her contact is in her signature.

Threesha you go pay me for this advert o.
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by kosovo(m): 12:10am On Jun 29, 2022
Travicon:
Hello Nairalanders,

Get the book , No more mr nice guy …
Thank me later
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Artiiclebeast: 12:10am On Jun 29, 2022
glosplendid:
Well I can relate very well with what you are saying....and as I'm typing this I am on the path of self discovery... First of all I got to know that it's important to know your zodiac sign so as to know your weakness and strength... I'm a Pisces and we are too sensitive that it tends to affect us...you can't change who you are but you can control it by knowing your weakness after then you start applying the rule of expecting nothing when you give cos expectation kills(just because you are too nice and other's aint meeting up to your expectation of your own version of nice doesn't make them less nice)..make sure you borrow out what you know that even if it doesn't come back to you,you can be able to forfeit it to avoid you blaming and regretting........I advise you to know your strength and weakness so as to know how to balance it in dealing with people...

This isn't niceness or kindness my dear. You ignorantly put your life in grave danger and could have ended up worse off.

What we tend to term as niceness, kindness or humility just for the feel-good factor is nothing but naivety and the yearning for validation.

Abeg make una dey careful oh..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Artiiclebeast: 12:20am On Jun 29, 2022
poweredcom:

Look youngman you gat hustle o , stop begging now go and start to learn how to create wealth now

You got a girl child , how will u feel in d future you girl is a street girl being banged by every nigga

That every dad nightmare ...bro you get big issue at be hand thank god na only one kid u get

Again ur wife may enter street join self , we have banged many aingle.kothwrs and gang banged Dem as well and paid Dem off to go settle dier debt ... oga this can make u run mad o if you get to know, na wetin de reign for naija now o

By the time wey you go realise the kind curse wey you carry your own hand use your money buy put for head na that time you go understand wetin e mean to bang another man wife.

Continue to dey brag about am because according to you, you pay them off.

By the time it starts going awry with you, retracing your steps will be a hard call.

Wise up oh..
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Lifepia: 12:22am On Jun 29, 2022
Travicon:
Hello Nairalanders,

I hear you. You are the way you are because God created you that way. First of all. There is a message and lesson for you to learn from it. To start dealing with your housing situation, I would suggest all three of you have a meeting about your living situation. Draw up a budget and have each member of the group contribute an agreed amount every month for the room upkeep i.e. food and household items. That way they will become responsible for the things you guys eat. Whoever decides to opt out of contributing can then not be fed by the remaining members that contributed. Any left over money can be rolled over to the next month. This will make them start being responsible and conscious of your efforts. Good luck.
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by SeriouslySense(m): 12:33am On Jun 29, 2022
You need to start caring for yourself first. Look at it this way, if you are not taking good care of yourself, you will not have the ability to care for those that really matters,

Who really matters are your parent first, then if you have a good girl-friend. That your best friend is useless.

Learn to know who is important and who is not important, learn to know when to help and when not to. Begin to know how you should be treated and dont take less.

There should be a balance, know when to be kind and when to be selfish.

There is proverb that says, the person who rushes to take surety for another person, will be broken grin grin grin. This is why you need to develop your discernment, seems (I am wrong to write that - - - you were not taught that, but you can learn it, observe people more closely) you have discernment but you do not use it for your benefit, use your discernment as many times as possible, that way you will understand why you should always use the wisdom you have..

Your room mates are selfish and they don't value your contributions, it would have been better to stay by yourself, many Nigerians are selfish to the core, they dont add value. But they expect so much from others, when they dont give what they want

If there is a good place outside where you can eat, do that, and let them be hungry, and let me see, if they will not go and cook. or eat outside.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by ClearDway4me: 12:35am On Jun 29, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

So why you have the warrior mindset and perspective of trying to get things together, resolve chaos and bring orderliness to things, you need to take advantage of your strengths, in this case, the ability to go solo, to leave the room, leave whatever cordialities binds you with these guys, get yourself your private space, and invest in your life, future and education better.

Find books by " Sigmound " and read up on where he spoke about the more people become conscious of their habits and attitudes, he more in control they become in charge of their lives ! Read, read, read. There's alot of materials to read up to defeat this weakness

The earlier you separate yourself from people who act and behave they have nothing to look forward to, the faster you are to your destination and goals.

Good Luck !

Ops, follow what was stated here. This is what I did when I was still like you and on the book side take it serious, it will develop your mindset.
"How to win friend and influence people by Dale Carnegie" and "the charismatic myth by Oliver cabane" are also good to read

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by johannu(m): 12:42am On Jun 29, 2022
Stop being too nice.

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Shevi443: 12:44am On Jun 29, 2022
God we have same problem but please and please always put yourself first try as much as you can to always remind your roommates that you guys are out of this food stuffs or the other and I know how deep we all want to help people but sometimes learn how to say no it's hard though but just try I understand you and may God bless you for helping others it's not a crime
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by stanliwise(m): 12:45am On Jun 29, 2022
Travicon:
Hello Nairalanders,

Spend your resources on people who worth it.Those people who would go out of their way to ensure you don’t suffer are the people worth investing on

2 Likes

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by stanliwise(m): 12:46am On Jun 29, 2022
Shevi443:
God we have same problem but please and please always put yourself first try as much as you can to always remind your roommates that you guys are out of this food stuffs or the other and I know how deep we all want to help people but sometimes learn how to say no it's hard though but just try I understand you and may God bless you for helping others it's not a crime
It’s wrong to waste time and resources on the wrong people. Remember that there are right people who need same help you’re wasting away
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Pastorsmile: 1:02am On Jun 29, 2022
God is not a nice Guy.
Ask Sodom and Gomorrah, Ananias and saphaiah, kind Nebuchadnezzar, etc

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by toprealman: 1:16am On Jun 29, 2022
Travicon:
Hello Nairalanders,

Change room, go solo, focus on your focus!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by tunde4top(m): 1:48am On Jun 29, 2022
Fellow guys and family members are going to establish an exploitative relationship with you once they know you're a nice guy or carry the nice guy badge, let alone women.

Niceness don't elicit any emotion, other than triggering the parasitic tendencies in humans.

It absolutely got no biological and evolutionary advantages ,it rather places you in a box which others can manipulate to increase their chances of survival.
And with anything humans, they are ready to ruthlessly take advantage of you to further their interest without apology.

Anyone that understands the life game people play, one attitude rarely found in them is niceness.

You can't assert your needs and wants in life when you're strolling through life with the nice guy badge.
You can't be ruthless when it's necessary when you're focus on being nice to people ,in order not to provoke them.
You can't fight, fight when it's necessary, especially when you're dealing with assholes ,when you're being nice.

Niceness is coming from a place of fear.*
Deep rooted fear about life and what people impression about you might be.

Are you still wondering why you're taught to be a nice guy since your childhood ?
I should believe you have figured that out by now.
The very attitudes you need to survive life is highly marginalized ,hence, you got to be very bold in exuding them without apology.
Selfishness and Machiaveinism is at the peak of these qualities, but nobody is willing to tell you that.

As with everything that got to do with life and men, you're to figure them out yourself.
Be among the few group of men that "get it ".

And most importantly, don't mistake niceness for kindness. (
They are world apart.

To know why you should be kind and not nice, check a post I posted sometime back on the differences...

You can also DM me for a book that would help in removing that nice guy badge.
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by ovieigho(m): 2:00am On Jun 29, 2022
Travicon:
Hello Nairalanders,

Are you a Gemini……Lolz
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Judybash93(m): 2:17am On Jun 29, 2022
Nice guys finish last
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by africandollar: 2:30am On Jun 29, 2022
I remember what one guy wrote on Twitter that made me start following him,’ No matter how sad their story may seem, never ever touch your savings to help!’ I was like ‘WORD’!!! See, na because life never teach you experience that is why you’re so unguarded with helping people, did you even know that you helping some people may even go against the bigger blessing God is bringing their way and also preventing them from developing their character?

Until those people who you helped become the same people that talk evil about you and decide to even off you, then my friend you may continue with this trend until you learn your lesson. No be everybody dem dey help o! Learn from an OG wey life don teach lesson.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

32-Year-Old Lady From Ogun State Found Wandering In Lokoja. Photos / Man Found Dead In A House Of Snakes (snake Fan) / What's The Name Of This Snake I Just Killed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.