Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,131 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Jack Dorsey Hails Elon Musk's Acquisition Of Twitter - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jack Dorsey Hails Elon Musk's Acquisition Of Twitter (30193 Views)

Elon Musk 'Voted Out' As CEO Of Twitter By Poll He Created / Jack Dorsey Eats Once A Day, Fasts On Weekends, Walks To Work / Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jack Dorsey Hails Elon Musk's Acquisition Of Twitter by Mofun: 6:44pm On Apr 26, 2022
NOwazobia:
Judging from the speech, I think the pressure of running the company was too strong on the board, this is amidst the the ban and threats from various government who wants to manipulate the platform to suit their whims.

Jack, as the frail guy (as I view him) must have been fed up, together with the board; obviously making lower returns over the years, just use the opportunity of a richer, tougher guy to push the burden off their shoulders.

His running of the company is obviously not his dream of running the company, but rather pressure from powers, which he is too weak to face.

And with full payment and high value offered for the sale, they are obviously jubillating home with a win. grin
Interesting analysis. You seem to have a great clue.
Re: Jack Dorsey Hails Elon Musk's Acquisition Of Twitter by LordReed(m): 6:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
Image123:

No. Are you not awestruck by Musk's wealth?

No.
Re: Jack Dorsey Hails Elon Musk's Acquisition Of Twitter by Image123(m): 6:57pm On Apr 26, 2022
LordReed:

No.

Great.
Re: Jack Dorsey Hails Elon Musk's Acquisition Of Twitter by planetx: 7:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
seanwilliam:
if I were the one, I won’t sell it also. E get some stage in life wey money no go too matter to person again but legacy will.
Jack is already rich and can afford any luxury in this world , he’s so rich that 1000 generations after him will never smell poverty.. so to me anything wey go make me worth 1b$ dollars , I don’t think there’s anything I want again Concerning money . His name as ceo of Twitter or founder is much more valuable( to me o) than any amount of money ..

He was no longer the CEO of Twitter or even a majority shareholder and will always be known as the co founder, so selling it or not doesn't change his title.
Re: Jack Dorsey Hails Elon Musk's Acquisition Of Twitter by Aaay: 7:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
Their business
Re: Jack Dorsey Hails Elon Musk's Acquisition Of Twitter by ABANGWABOI(m): 8:59pm On Apr 26, 2022
Elon musk wey be Redpiller ..
Feminist wannabes go hear am for Twitter .. grin grin
Re: Jack Dorsey Hails Elon Musk's Acquisition Of Twitter by Ajibade123(m): 11:16pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jesse25:
This guy cash out at last I thought he was not going to sell ... Chaii

He supposed go home with half of the money na am not understanding
please do some research
selling or not selling was not even his decision to make
as at when Elon made the bid till his acquisition jack really had no say in the company's policy
Re: Jack Dorsey Hails Elon Musk's Acquisition Of Twitter by VULCAN(m): 11:56pm On Apr 26, 2022
In trying to sound intelligent, you fell flat on your face.

Did the guy mention cash? No he mentioned worth.

So you don't know the difference?

olyrayy:

Elon Musk doesn't have his entire net worth in cash. It's mostly stock. If he decided to sell it to make it cash, it would be considerably less than it is now.
Re: Jack Dorsey Hails Elon Musk's Acquisition Of Twitter by olyrayy(m): 6:47pm On Apr 27, 2022
VULCAN:
In trying to sound intelligent, you fell flat on your face.

Did the guy mention cash? No he mentioned worth.

So you don't know the difference?

Yes, and the dude is making a comparison between cash (earnings), and net worth, which are two different things. It is inappropriate to make a comparison between both.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ / How To Register As A Clearing And Forwarding Agent / In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.