Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? (15537 Views)

Which Nigeria's President Do You Have The Most Respect For And Why (Pictures) / Can A Southern President Do To Kano What Was Done To Lagos?! / Apc Will Not Give You President Do Your Worst. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 26, 2022
gibsonwales:
A Kim Jong-Un or Putin like presido. Chikena !

If you understand what the Kims have done to North Korea, you won't wish for someone like them to rule this country.

A nation whose budget is not even up to what South Korea spends on defence and whose gdp is worse.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by ibroopeyemi(m): 12:20pm On Apr 26, 2022
A president that will love Nigerian than him self and family.
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by Felimax(m): 12:21pm On Apr 26, 2022
VHILL:

That's Wike

I will not disagree with you. I may not like his style but I agree he knows and can apply what he knows to bring about a productive change but I don't see Nigeria as a country that actually need such transformation maybe in the next fifty years.

Most Nigerians are myopic in virtually all political ramifications even the so called political analyst are not left out. They talk and you could feel a lot of sentiment wired in the submissions.
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by specialmati(m): 12:23pm On Apr 26, 2022
grin grin grin Someone like Peter obi
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by bendavid4real: 12:24pm On Apr 26, 2022
Leave all dose plenty talk we need a president that can give us light and good road chikina
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by kiddkash(m): 12:24pm On Apr 26, 2022
A president that doesn't just speak but acts
A president that keeps his words
A president that uses the abilities of the different tribes to the country's gain
A president that is sound physically, mentally, emotionally and is compassionate
A president that is selfless
A president who isn't a puppet for some people especially the west. we can't have a ZELENSKY
A president that carries everyone along
A President that works day and night for the betterment of the country while preserving our heritage
An upstanding president who can compromise if he can and won't if he can't
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by haslaw(m): 12:24pm On Apr 26, 2022
The kind of president we want in Nigeria should not be:-
1 not be an odale
2) not be a bigot
3) not be an extremist
4) not be a liar

All the above characters describes Osinbajo perfectly, hence we don't want an Osinbajo as president of Nigeria.
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by 00FFT00(m): 12:24pm On Apr 26, 2022
VoteTinubu2023:
I want a President that is charismatic, solution-driven, intelligent, brilliant, ambitious and decisive.

The man who has all of these aforementioned qualities in abundance is nobody else than Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Remember to Vote Tinubu 2023.

God bless Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

You just described Mr Peter Obi in so many words.

We must move Nigeria forward, and Peter Obi, in addition to the attributes you rightly enumerated is also a relatively young and energetic, charismatic, committed and a honest Nigerian.

He is healthy, educated and very knowledgeable and is what we need at this time.

Nigeria is on a precipice and only a detribalized individual in the mold of Peter Obi will suffice for the task ahead if we are not only to remain as one, but also make progress as a country.

Thank you for the support.
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by helicoptarr: 12:25pm On Apr 26, 2022
THEY'RE HERE AND EVERYWHERE ELSE, PAID TO CONVINCE US TO VOTE FOR ONE PERSON OR THE OTHER.

THEIR ASSUMPTION IS THAT WE'RE STUPID...AND SUCCESSFULLY IMPROVERISHED AND CONDITIONED THROUGH EVERY MEDIA TO SEE THE SIGNS.

NOW, PLEASE HIDE YOUR CARD AND ON THAT FAITHFUL DAY, PROVE TO THE DIGNITY OF YOUR HUMAN SOUL THAT YOU DESERVE THE BEST.
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 26, 2022
advanceDNA:

The government has fed our mind with subsidy removal conspiracy as if that's what is preventing this nation from moving forward..

..its corruption that should be dealt with... removal of subsidy will only give them more money to steal..
....theres no nation in the world the government doesn't subsidize essential commodity like fuel....it helps to control the prices because mrketters can easily exploit masses when they have total comtrol....

That's not true.

Subsidies in other nations are for the poorest of the poor and come from tax income, not form crude oil revenue like Nigeria

Also, Nigeria and Venezuela both subsidise crude. They also lose millions of dollars to petrol smuggling and have lost refining capacity. Because subsidy affects profitability which leads to smuggling and no cash to fix and upgrade refineries.

Nigeria and Iran subsidise fuel. Iran even has working refineries. It also has extremely large budget deficits and a debt that makes ours look small in comparison as a result..and like our goverment, Iran goverment wants to remove subsidy but is scared to do so.

Mind you i don't like my subsidy removal message. In 2006 I was among those abusing a obasanjo minister who callled for its removal. But 11 years ago, i saw the light.
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by Echoban: 12:25pm On Apr 26, 2022
Stevenson20:
Give us Peter Obi. Is that too much to ask

Who are the us
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by ityP(m): 12:26pm On Apr 26, 2022
Treasure17:
The road to 2023

I need a president who is pragmatic, articulate, charismatic, compassionate and economically savvy.

A president that can provide enabling environment for people to thrive.

I need a president who can embrace technology.

A listening president who can harness our resources for the development of our country.

Share yours

I want a president that will not pee on his body
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by gibsonwales(m): 12:28pm On Apr 26, 2022
subsidywise18:

If you understand what the Kims have done to North Korea, you won't wish for someone like them to rule this country.

A nation whose budget is not even up to what South Korea spends on defence and whose gdp is worse.

.....but ZERO tolerance for CORRUPTION. North Korea have about the same population as Lagos state, with higher GDP. Remove corruption from Nigeria and see how things will turn out. Moreover, North Korea is not as bad as people say on media. You can check out some videos on YouTube.
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by Sirtee19: 12:28pm On Apr 26, 2022
You got him right. I listened to him too.

You must have just listened to Jimi on Nigeria info![/quote]
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by Elidrisy20: 12:30pm On Apr 26, 2022
The best man for the job is Wike grin
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by Elidrisy20: 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2022
Nigerians be a madman to rule them
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by David160(m): 12:32pm On Apr 26, 2022
Treasure17:
The road to 2023

I need a president who is pragmatic, articulate, charismatic, compassionate and economically savvy.

A president that can provide enabling environment for people to thrive.

I need a president who can embrace technology.

A listening president who can harness our resources for the development of our country.

Share yours

I want someone that understands the Nigerian economy and its challenges... Someone that can tackle insecurity and create jobs.
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by Treasure17(m): 12:32pm On Apr 26, 2022
Johel:

If a president has the fear of God and the good of the people in heart,one whom is open to developments and innovations,one whom understands global modern policies,one whom is fearless without being bias or sentimental,one whom isn't religiously blind,one whom sees Nigeria has a one nation without any form of division or favouritism,one whom is ready to fight insecurities thoroughly,one who is vibrant,young,agile and productive...one whom understands the constitutions and the nation's history and doesn't break laws....one whom is ready to lead and take the nation forward to global progress...I see no one having all this except myself... grin grin grin
Lol. Then I will vote for you peradventure I can pinpoint your antecedent and pedigree.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 26, 2022
Peter obi of Nigeria we just need this man kia was watching his talk yesterday i was asking why can't we give this man a chance just once abeg cry peter obi i stand on the Rock of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by advanceDNA: 12:32pm On Apr 26, 2022
subsidywise18:

That's not true.

Subsidies in other nations are for the poorest of the poor and come from tax income, not form crude oil revenue like Nigeria

Also, Nigeria and Venezuela both subsidise crude. They also lose millions of dollars to petrol smuggling and have lost refining capacity. Because subsidy affects profitability which leads to smuggling and no cash to fix and upgrade refineries.

Nigeria and Iran subsidise fuel. Iran even has working refineries. It also has extremely large budget deficits and a debt that makes ours look small in comparison as a result..and like our goverment, Iran goverment wants to remove subsidy but is scared to do so.

Mind you i don't like my subsidy removal message. In 2006 I was among those abusing a obasanjo minister who callled for its removal. But 11 years ago, i saw the light.

but Nigeria is very horrible place..once government has no control on price...petroleum product sellers will start raping us massively
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 26, 2022
gibsonwales:

.....but ZERO tolerance for CORRUPTION. North Korea have about the same population as Lagos state, with higher GDP. Remove corruption from Nigeria and see how things will turn out. Moreover, North Korea is not as bad as people say on media. You can check out some videos on YouTube.

grin

The Kims are some of the most corrupt leaders in the world.

Dem live as potentates in the midst of poor people. They make a lot of money from illicit deals.

Try China. If corruption fighting is your thing
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by icankel: 12:33pm On Apr 26, 2022
Newbreed2018:
A president like Wike. A man that will take the war to the bandits in their zone.
A man that is ready to defend the territorial integrity of the country.
A man that wouldn't condone incompetency.
A man that has too much energy. Too much energy is disturbing this man Nigerians should be grateful to him for trying to serve.
A man that terrorists will tremble at his name.
A man that will make Nigeria great again.

That man is President Nyesom Wike(GCON)
everything shouldn't be all about war, with d way Nigeria is going am sure if u have d mind u will also join d bandits. if u start killing all d bandits u may realize half of Nigeria is gone. There are lots of bandits that don't carry gone and most of them are on Nairaland
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by Treasure17(m): 12:33pm On Apr 26, 2022
David160:

I want someone that understands the Nigerian economy and its challenges... Someone that can tackle insecurity and create jobs.
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by gotnel: 12:33pm On Apr 26, 2022
ATTENTION TO ALL OUR PRESIDENTIAL AND GOVERNORSHIP ASPIRANTS IN 2023

In case you don't know the root cause of our problems today, please take time out and read below:

As of 29/03/2022, the exchange rates were:

£1 = ₦783
$1 = ₦560
€1 = ₦670

42 years ago, precisely on 01/03/1980 the exchange rate was:
$1 = 0.78k

Are you surprised?

Well, we were far more productive in 1980 than we are today.

In 1980 the key reasons for economic growth were as follows:

1. We were a net exporter of refined petroleum products. Today we import all our refined petroleum products.

2. We rode in locally assembled cars, buses and trucks. Peugeot cars in Kaduna and Volkswagen cars in Lagos.

3. Leyland produced trucks/buses in Ibadan and ANAMCO in Enugu also produced buses and trucks.

4. Steyr in Bauchi produced our Agricultural tractors. And it was not just Assembly, we were producing many of the components:

5. Vono products in Lagos produced the vehicle seats.

6. Exide in Ibadan produced the batteries, not just for Nigeria but for the entire West Africa.

7. IsoGlass and TSG in Ibadan produced the windshields.

8. Ferrodo in Ibadan produced the brake pads and discs

9. Dunlop produced Tyres in Lagos and Mitchelin Tyres were produced in Port Harcourt. And I mean tyres produced from rubber plantations located in Ogun, Bendel and Rivers State.

10. We were listening to Radio and watching television sets assembled in Ibadan by Sanyo.

11. We were using refrigerators, freezers and Airconditioners produced by Thermocool and Debo.

12. We were putting on clothes produced from the UNTL Textile Mills in Kaduna and Chellarams in Lagos. They were Not from imported cotton but from cotton grown in Nigeria.

13. Our water was running through pipes produced by Kwalipipe in Kano and Duraplast in Lagos .

14. Our toilets were fitted with WC produced in Kano and Abeokuta.

15 We were cooking with LPG gas stored inside gas cylinders produced at the NGC factory in Ibadan.

16. Our electricity was flowing through cables produced by the Nigerian Wire and Cable, Ibadan; NOCACO in Kaduna and Kablemetal in Lagos and Port Harcourt.

17. We had Bata and Lennards Stores producing the shoes we were putting on. The shoes were not from imported leather but from locally tanned leather in Kaduna.

18. We were mainly flying our Airways, (the Nigeria Airways), to most places in the world. The Nigeria Airways was about the biggest in Africa at the time.

19. Most of the foods we ate were grown or produced in Nigeria.

We were producing all of the above and many more in 1980.

Today, we import almost everything. Isn't that alarming?

There lies the source of the terrible exchange rate we are experiencing today and everyone reading this has a critical role to play in reversing this very UGLY trend.

We have been talking about these problems and more for ages.

It is not enough for us to complain about the exchange rate or point out what others are not doing or are failing to do. The key questions are:

1. What are we producing now?
2. What role are our so- called Leaders/ Politicians of today playing?

We are forever shying away from responsibility whereas it is a stack reality and if we don't deal with it, it won't go away. In fact it will get worse.

2023: Nigeria on the match again; To our dear Politicians, if you don't have the capacity to RESET Nigeria to what it was at least back in 1980 then please stay in your house and don't waste our time. This is what we need from you.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!!

Please share widely on all platforms for Nigerians especially youths to know the critical role to play with the fixing of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by Stevenson20: 12:34pm On Apr 26, 2022
Echoban:

Who are the us

Sensible Nigerians that wants positive change grin
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by Glocal1: 12:34pm On Apr 26, 2022
The current man at the helms in NDLEA, a former Military Administrator of Lagos state, Buba Marwa should contest for the presidency in 2023.
He has been on my mind of late.
He seems to be a disciplinarian and could probably take us out of these doldrums.
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by Tochux1: 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2022
nony43:
Any President that won’t continue from were Buhari stopped.
don't mind that mumu midget claiming to be a pastor and professor that lied to us that he would handle the economy... See where we are now... Even trenches better pass where we dey

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by mywells: 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2022
President in the form of Emmanuel Macron.
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 26, 2022
advanceDNA:

but Nigeria is very horrible place..once government has no control on price...petroleum product sellers will start raping us massively

Yes i know, but the subsidy is also costing us billions in lost revenue, jobs and investment.

Even Dangote refinery. If petrol from that refinery is put under subsidy it will collapse due to lack of profit.

And the snuggling of cheap petrol is costing us dear.

This year we are throwing away 4 trillion on the thing. Money that could have been used for housing, health and education among other things.

And ultimately it is the rich importer fat cats that benefit
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by Johel(m): 12:38pm On Apr 26, 2022
Treasure17:

Lol. Then I will vote for you peradventure I can pinpoint your antecedent and pedigree.

Thank you thank you grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Kind Of President Do You Want In 2023? by goshee: 12:39pm On Apr 26, 2022
Why is it that yourubas are no longer praising Buhari?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

SERAP Wins Battle Forcing Lawan, Gbajabiamila To Publish Details Of Corruption. / Peter Obi Apologies To Delta Central Residents, Promises A Revisit / Ministry Receives N5bn For Clean Cookstoves Project, Says Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.