Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! (2803 Views)

Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria / Benny Hinn 'Faints' As A Nigerian Sows $1 Million Into His Ministry (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by genkins(m): 9:25pm On May 03, 2022
PaulOtl:

I had to highlight the emboldened words, because they are absolutely beautiful and true!!
I like the truth and wisdom in those words. You see....a little here, a little there... Iron sharpens iron. No knowledge is lost or insignificant.
I'm gonna go back are read your write-up to the end , this time around. I had to rush to quote on those particular words, so as not to loose track and forget to do so.
But ermm...you and this Ken guy need to have some sort of amicable understanding on this thread. I get that you are knowledgeable...He too is, albeit with a different sense of reasoning when it comes to this earthly riches matter.
Neither of you is totally wrong. But there has to be clarity for the sake of others who are stopping by to read this thread for one reason or the other.

I used to believe that it was not godly to have affluence and riches, some years ago. I strongly held that notion. I used to try to ponder on why Jesus spoke about how difficult it will be for a rich man to enter into paradise (a rich man who lacks insight and wisdom) than for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle.
That calls for sober reflection, if one is a rich person. There has to be a reason God made that statement.
Now, why again did he suggest to the rich young man to sell off all he has and give to the poor and follow Him (Christ) to be as a disciple? Jesus must have known that money (in large proportions) would make the man's heart to be divided, distracted from executing the will of God thoroughly and properly. So he wasn't mete testing that rich guy, but actually hoping that he would see the wisdom in that instruction, and be moved by the words, and then on his own make the choice to sell his assets and follow Jesus (not necessarily walking off with him without going back to tend to his family and tell them of his decision to go with Christ, had it come to that).
Jesus loves family bond, so that verse shouldn't be read without understanding.

Notice that he didn't even tell the man to sell all he has and come and give to the fellow disciples, or/and give to Him (Jesus himself) for the sake of the propagation of the new gospel. Jesus didn't even suggest that, lest mockers (thousands of years later, e.g our generation) accuse him falsely of trying to milk the rich young man and take advantage of him for personal gains. Jesus has wisdom and understanding, so he knew what to avoid.

To touch more on whether true believers are meant to have excess riches, I would say ' it is dangerous to have excess wealth, but only if your level of understanding and relationship with God is not firm '
Next way I will rephrase the question is;
' Are we permitted by God to have and store up excessive amount of riches '. The answer, based on my understanding is YES. We are permitted to, but not encouraged to seek after riches. It is not sin, therefore we can say we are permitted to.
As for storing of these wealth, I will say NO! You are not meant to worry about tomorrow, or to think what you will eat or drink, as you cannot add more time to your life or a strand of hair to your by your worrying or will. So, we are supposed to have a spirit that directs us in all things and situations, to know when to store up monies for the work of the church (not limited to the physical building in this case) and when to distribute it out to the poor all around the world, not even just around your locality. That's who you know a true, genuine cheerful giver, who is a Christian (not by religion).
You will be troubled at heart daily to be moved to search for people to want to assist. The spirit of God will direct you , but only if He sees that you, in your heart, desire to seek out people to help on a daily (not even weekly) basis. He will never force you.

When I hear people with actual realtime monies amounting to 20 billion USD, I shake my head. Something must be wrong somewhere. You are not generously giving out. You think you are, but you aren't, and most of the time they know it. But they kill the conscience inside. That's for those who even try to listen to the voice of the Spirit, when it ministers to their own spirit to do what is right.

Genuine Christians are not the richest on planet Earth today, and will not be, not until the new world comes down from heaven as a bride.
The same scriptures tell us (scriptures is talking to believers and even born again people) that[b] " in the world, you will have difficulties, hard times, tormenting persecutions. But FEAR NOT! For I overcame the world "[/b] This was Jesus speaking. He did overcome the world.
God doesn't want us to dwell on working and toiling for the sake of acquiring riches. He knows majority of the earth lack true, God-filled understanding, so he allows them to spend their lifetime working and worrying and chasing after riches. He wants them not to feel as though He didn't accord them freewill. But people like Apostle Paul, Elijah, Samuel, Moses and others, had great understanding and they saw the wealth of the earth for what it really was - a burden to bear. But this server truth is not understood by most humans. It's kind of like an open secret, but it is despised, therefore not considered worthy of being appreciated as mysterious knowledge.
People want to chase after wealth. Let them do so. But at the cost of their peace of mind and their spiritual wellness. As spirit beings, this woke wealth thing (which is also an energy itself, and a spirit) weights us down and drains our power, due to the devotion we accord it. You know that you could be worshipping wealth by just pondering about it, by worrying about how much investments you have set up and trying to keep account of all of them, how much profit you're making or expecting in the coming months, and so on. These things are harmful to our Spirit-Man. But still not enough to septate a true believer from the love of God. But, it does weaken you , one way or another.
Neither is poverty any more dignifying. But there's a twist. Time will not permit me to go on and on, but theres a special kind of bind and love that God has for those who are poor. If you search scriptures well you will come across verses that talk about how God does not like the poor to be oppressed or cheated. Their cried reach heaven. You think he could not automatically make them rich since he so lives them?? That's where human wisdom stops it fails. God knows why. It's all a test. It's a grand experiment, which he already has seen the outcome from the beginning. But he is God and he can do what he knows is best for this experiment.
Of a truth, one of the saints in the Bible knew why he said to God, " I desire not to be rich, nor to be poor. But in all things, let me be pleased. " Therein lies wisdom, but only a few will admit it to be wisdom. The snares of riches will always try to burden your heart and life, and it wars with your spirit, all in a bid to test your faithfulness to God. Week I'm week out. Year in year out. It won't give you a break. That why God doesn't risk it for some people. He knows your threshold. And he knows the accusations the evil one will keep bringing up against you before the host of heaven. You might think it's not a sin , since you are ignorant about it, but the devil and the hosts if heaven might think otherwise. They might know that your ignorance doesn't make your actions or inactions, with all the riches you have been allowed to amass any less of a sin. And you stand guilty before God. So God knows why he doesn't allow certain people to have certain things.
We need to ask for more understanding as we walk through this journey of life. The mystery of God hasn't totally been revealed, as the Bible even states this. It will be revealed when the time comes and all will understand why this is like this and that is like that. Why tis was allowed in the world, and that wasn't. Then will all eyes be open and understanding complete (or at least near complete)

Very aptly said. Your wisdom is great.nothing to fault up there. The prosperity gospel in Nigeria is making people lose focus of what is important. Christ taught mainly about love and that is the one thing lacking in our churches.how do u have rich churches and poor members? How can you continue collecting from the poor that your name now appears on Forbes? These young ones now see your wealth as evidence that you will be wealthy as soon as u answer God's call to be a preacher.nobody is thinking about the life hereafter. Nobody is thinking about heavenly riches. every youngling wants to make money and be rich . It's what thier pastors and society tells them. If after sometime u cannot make money, u start cutting corners, engaging in Yahoo or rituals to make it. Funny thing is, with 5 churches on every street, where is the prosperity in Nigeria ?we are the poverty capital of the world. We go cap in hand to borrow from atheist nations, everyone wants to japa to the atheist nations that became successful not by opening 5churches on every street but by hardwork and innovation. How many born again dollar billionaires are there in the first world 100?how many spirit filled billionaires are there in Nigeria? can other nations call us blessed? I weep for how these young ones are often brainwashed to think being a Christian means you will be rich.. Being rich is not bad.work for it. Innovate,solve society's problem.. You don't need to know God to be rich. Ask the Chinese and Germans. These churches make our youths lazy by selling illusions of the hope of riches, misinterpreting scriptures to say what scriptures did not say.Christianity preaches contentment and not the vanity of wealth. If u want to be rich, ask dangote how.
Futhermore, I always advise Christians to try and read the Bible in its original language.. Hebrew,Aramaic and Greek. So as to get exactly what the writers meant. How can you base your faith on an erroneous translation of scripture. If you read my debate with the guy, you will see that kjv gives a narrative different from what nlt or Niv says.
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 03, 2022
genkins:

Very aptly said. Your wisdom is great.nothing to fault up there. The prosperity gospel in Nigeria is making people lose focus of what is important. Christ taught mainly about love and that is the one thing lacking in our churches.how do u have rich churches and poor members? .nobody is thinking about the life hereafter. Nobody is thinking about heavenly riches. every youngling wants to make money and be rich . It's what thier pastors and society tells them. If after sometime u cannot make money, u start cutting corners, engaging in Yahoo or rituals to make it. Funny thing is, with 5 churches on every street, where is the prosperity in Nigeria ?we are the poverty capital of the world. We go cap in hand to borrow from atheist nations, everyone wants to japa to the atheist nations that became successful not by opening 5churches on every street but by hardwork and innovation. How many born again dollar billionaires are there in the first world 100?how many spirit filled billionaires are there in Nigeria? can other nations call us blessed? I weep for how these young ones are often brainwashed to think being a Christian means you will be rich.. Being rich is not bad. These churches make our youths lazy by selling illusions of the hope of riches, misinterpreting scriptures to say what scriptures did not say. I alway advise Christians to try and read the Bible in its original language.. Hebrew,Aramaic and Greek. So as to get exactly what the writers meant. How can you base your faith on an erroneous translation of scripture. If you read my debate with the guy, you will see that kjv give a narrative different from what nlt or Niv says.
Thanks. Although, I went back to correct some typos in my writeup. What you're saying is really true, and it's a subject that many in the church do not like to attempt to teach on. It's not good for " business " and herd mentality.
You see rich churchgoers drive the street in a hurry in a Sunday morning, in their Sunday best, and there's this Muslim poor beggar seated beside the road begging for alms. Or he has elephantiasis on one leg and is begging. The Christian couple notice him (the spirit draws their attention to him, one way or another) but they drive their S550 Mercedes sedan car past the beggar and even say to one another how much of a pity and an eyesore the beggar's condition is. That, may God help him.
In that moment, they have lost a blessing and not acted Christlike. In a bid to hurriedly get to the physical church building, as against keeping the spiritual church (the actual church) sanctified and functional, they have driven quickly past the Muslim beggar and not stopped to offer him some money, then prayers and words of blessings (which true belivers are meant to be able to proclaim and it gets honoured by God) by virtue of their positions as heirs of God's kingdom.
Like that, many have missed opportunities to showcase the gidtif the Spirit of God. By that inaction, many have failed to show love, which is what this Christian faith is primarily meant to display for the rest of the world to see, and judge with a clear conscience, devoid of sentiments.
No matter how much Bill and Melinda Gates give to universities for research, grants here and there. No matter the so-called humanitarian work they do with their money, it doesn't move God. All the wealth of the Earth belongs to Yahweh. That's why he cited the example of ' the cattle on the thousand hills belong to me ' And,
' if I was hungry, will I tell you ? '
He is telling us that all is his. So we should use those riches for things that bring glory to his name. Not just doing it for clout sake, or to get worldy commendation, which has no spiritual reward (which one needs), but doing them in the name of God, promoting him through your giving and good works. Through those actions, people should be able to know that your God is the great provider, and not you, who is just a custodian of your God's earthly wealth. He blessed you (riches can also be a curse too, as a burden) to usei for his will on earth, since she knows that you know his name. But many don't seem to listen, and you know that still voice will hardly ever shout and will hardly ever force you against your own will. That voice is the voice of God (the Holy Spirit, the guardian).
I think we've revealed so many things on this topic. It's left for whoever is reading to understand and to ask the Spirit for more clarity where they aren't still clear on. I remember a part of the Bible (I will find that verse later and come to add it here) where God was saying something like,
" You fool. You think you're money is your defense and stronghold. Well, enjoy it, as it was already given to you as your compensation in this world, because you are not going to be a partaker of eternity in paradise. "

Yes, he said the above, but not in the way I wrote it. I'll search for it tomorrow. Doesn't that tell us something about those who are stupendously wealthy right now in this world? And the ones who have died even long before? It teaches a lesson on riches, and why some seem to have it, even when you feel they shouldn't have it, since they are unbelievers and inventors of evil (e.g perverse machines innovators, guns conglomerate, weapons tycoons, condoms and intimacy gadgets billionaire companies, and so on ) they've already been compensated for their evil ways in earth, because they will suffer an everlasting tormenting in the world to come.
This is also why we are told not to envy the unbeliever or covert his riches. It's all a test , a trap for that rich man or woman. He allows them to folly in their riches, seeing themselves to be wise and powerful, but in actuality they are empty, in agony, living in darkness and headed for the slaughter house (spiritual terms) leading to everlasting suffering.

That verse helped me to know not to ever envy any rich person, but just wish to get mine, because I can only know myself and not the next rich person who might have gotten rich through " loving the world " (killings, rituals, weapons business, drugs, oppression, etc).
Lol, I sense the frustration in your tone as it has to do with this generation of youth, as you called us. Well, not all of us are living in evil because of money. Many are still sane. I'm not even yet 30 years old , and I know this much (thanks to God who gave and is still giving me understanding) So I think there's people out there too who will resist and try to defeat the temptations of these end of days where doing evil is rampant. God helping us, we will never give in. Already, we know the consequences to even want to give in.
Take care, thanks for the interractions. At least others will definitely learn a thing or two from all we've written.
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Ken4Christ: 10:38pm On May 03, 2022
genkins:

Read my answer above to @paulOtl.
I am am sure you will Learn a thing or two

You are in pre nursery in the school of the spirit. And you want to tutor me.

God made Abraham rich. His son Isaac was equally rich, Jacob was given wisdom to make wealth in spite of how his uncle tried to cheat him.

God gave King Solomon wealth.

We are the seed of Abraham and his blessing are ours.

It is true everybody cannot be rich. This is because not everyone is ready to do what it takes to be rich. Some people are very lazy. They are also profane. Quite a few others have foundational issues that can hinder them from getting rich.

The summary of my point is; God is not against the prosperity of his children. He has never been and will never be. He is only against those who hold tight to their wealth instead of releasing it to advance the course of the gospel and help the poor.

Christ gave his disciples the assurance of receiving hundredfold increase for every sacrifice made for his sake and the gospel. He made this remark after the young rich ruler couldn't follow his instructions to sell all he had and give to the poor.

Jesus was actually showing him the way to true wealth. Hence he said;

Mark 10:29-30
“Yes,” Jesus replied, “and I assure you that everyone who has given up house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or property, for my sake and for the Good News, WILL RECEIVE NOW in return a HUNDRED TIMES AS MANY houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and property—along with persecution. And in the world to come that person will have eternal life.
Mark 10:29‭-‬30 New Living Translation.

So, the rich man who could have received hundred times what he should have given to the poor.

This is Jesus teaching prosperity.

Apostle Paul also taught prosperity.

Apostle Peter did the same thing.

John the beloved said it was his greatest wish for us to prosper.

They may not have been wealthy because of the period they lived in. They suffered persecutions and many were killed. But they made us understand God's will concerning this subject.

True wealth does not come overnight. But if you keep doing the right thing, you will certainly get to the point where you will lack nothing.
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by genkins(m): 10:48pm On May 03, 2022
Ken4Christ:

You are in pre nursery in the school of the spirit. And you want to tutor me.

God made Abraham rich. His son Isaac was equally rich, Jacob was given wisdom to make wealth in spite of how his uncle tried to cheat him.

God gave King Solomon wealth.

We are the seed of Abraham and his blessing are ours.

It is true everybody cannot be rich. This is because not everyone is ready to do what it takes to be rich. Some people are very lazy. They are also profane. Quite a few others have foundational issues that can hinder them from getting rich.

The summary of my point is; God is not against the prosperity of his children. He has never been and will never be. He is only against those who hold tight to their wealth instead of releasing it to advance the course of the gospel and help the poor.

Christ gave his disciples the assurance of receiving hundredfold increase for every sacrifice made for his sake and the gospel. He made this remark after the young rich ruler couldn't follow his instructions to sell all he had and give to the poor.

Jesus was actually showing him the way to true wealth. Hence he said;

Mark 10:29-30
“Yes,” Jesus replied, “and I assure you that everyone who has given up house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or property, for my sake and for the Good News, WILL RECEIVE NOW in return a HUNDRED TIMES AS MANY houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and property—along with persecution. And in the world to come that person will have eternal life.
Mark 10:29‭-‬30 New Living Translation.

So, the rich man who could have received hundred times what he should have given to the poor.

This is Jesus teaching prosperity.

Apostle Paul also taught prosperity.

Apostle Peter did the same thing.

John the beloved said it was his greatest wish for us to prosper.

They may not have been wealthy because of the period they lived in. They suffered persecutions and many were killed. But they made us understand God's will concerning this subject.

True wealth does not come overnight. But if you keep doing the right thing, you will certainly get to the point where you will lack nothing.

Like I said b4, your grasp of scriptures is like 2 and a half percent.you think the blessings of Abraham we enjoy Is money and wealth. Lwkmd.. If u haven't learnt anything and corrected yourself from my reply and what @paulOtl wrote.. oboy leave it.. Because if you read what we wrote, u would not have quoted Mark 10:29-30 because the answer is there already. U are a lost case. @PaulOtl is not even up to 30 but see the wealth of knowledge he is pouring..
U dey form spirit filled. Common comprehension your spirit no fit teach you. Bye

2 Likes

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Kobojunkie: 3:12am On May 04, 2022
PaulOtl:

I used to believe that it was not godly to have affluence and riches, some years ago. I strongly held that notion. I used to try to ponder on why jesus spoke about how difficult it will be for a rich man to enter into paradise (a rich man who lacks insight and wisdom) than for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle.
That calls for sober reflection, if one is a rich person. There has to be a reason god made that statement.
Now, why again did he suggest to the rich young man to sell off all he has and give to the poor and follow Him (christ) to be as a disciple? jesus must have known that money (in large proportions) would make the man's heart to be divided, distracted from executing the will of god thoroughly and properly. So he wasn't mete testing that rich guy, but actually hoping that he would see the wisdom in that instruction, and be moved by the words, and then on his own make the choice to sell his assets and follow jesus (not necessarily walking off with him without going back to tend to his family and tell them of his decision to go with christ, had it come to that).
jesus loves family bond, so that verse shouldn't be read without understanding.
I am afraid you are wrong about the reason Jesus Christ told the rich young man to go sell everything and give it all away to the poor. undecided

Jesus Christ asked the rich young man to sell everything because in order to enter into Heaven, we are actually commanded by Him to sell everything we have and give it all away to gain a place in Heaven - Matthew 13 vs 44 - 46. Jesus Christ taught His followers that in order to be saved and to have true life(enter in through the Narrow door that leads to true llfe) they must loose their life .i.e. loose/abandon everything - career, job, businesses, reputation, friends, family etc. undecided

In Matthew 19 vs 28 - 30, Jesus Christ also explains that only those who loose everything for His sake will be rewarded in this life and the life to come. undecided

So Jesus Christ's answer to the young man was the actual requirement given to all those who will be His followers with intention of actually making it into Heaven at the end. undecided
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Cordenify(m): 4:07am On May 04, 2022
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Nobody: 6:20am On May 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid you are wrong about the reason Jesus Christ told the rich young man to go sell everything and give it all away to the poor. undecided

Jesus Christ asked the rich young man to sell everything because in order to enter into Heaven, we are actually commanded by Him to sell everything we have and give it all away to gain a place in Heaven - Matthew 13 vs 44 - 46. Jesus Christ taught His followers that in order to be saved and to have true life(enter in through the Narrow door that leads to true llfe) they must loose their life .i.e. loose/abandon everything - career, job, businesses, reputation, friends, family etc. undecided

In Matthew 19 vs 28 - 30, Jesus Christ also explains that only those who loose everything for His sake will be rewarded in this life and the life to come. undecided

So Jesus Christ's answer to the young man was the actual requirement given to all those who will be His followers with intention of actually making it into Heaven at the end. undecided
Kobojunkie , I'm afraid I won't be reading through your comment.
I really wanna put this topic to rest. We dealt with it extensively and for too long yesterday. As soon as I logged in, as the rains started, and read the words, "I'm afraid you are wrong " and then I looked at the moniker and saw that it was kobojonkie, who loves to argue over most religious topics, I just told myself that I don't have the energy for this, this time of day. I didn't go any further with the reading, and instead, thought to send you this reply ASAP.
'Cause, no mater what I will say, you will not accept my points. Then you will attach your favourite emoticon ( undecided ) with each paragraph, trying to deliver some kind of effect, which I'm skilled at dodging, or good at not allowing it achieve it's aim. Can't say the same for other users. grin

Shalom ma'am! We out!
Edited: Sorry, I said ma'am, because I've always thought you to be a woman (mid forties) if I ain't mistaken.
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Ken4Christ: 7:23am On May 04, 2022
genkins:

Like I said b4, your grasp of scriptures is like 2 and a half percent.you think the blessings of Abraham we enjoy Is money and wealth. Lwkmd.. If u haven't learnt anything and corrected yourself from my reply and what @paulOtl wrote.. oboy leave it.. Because if you read what we wrote, u would not have quoted Mark 10:29-30 because the answer is there already. U are a lost case. @PaulOtl is not even up to 30 but see the wealth of knowledge he is pouring..
U dey form spirit filled. Common comprehension your spirit no fit teach you. Bye

See apprentice giving scores to his master. I back up every point with scriptures.

OK, tell me what is Abraham's blessing. Let me be your student for once.
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:59am On May 04, 2022
genkins:

Abraham's blessings is full of RISHES that's what God promised his descendants {Genesis 12:3; Deuteronomy 7:14; 28:3} but the riches God promised Abraham's descendants isn't about material possessions that's why most faithful servants of God were poor materially.

It's all about the sacred secrets having to do with life and the wisdom to live a happy life that's satisfying. Isaiah 1:18; 48:17-18

God never promised any of His servants material riches in the midst of people who are poor to the extent that God's servants won't have rest of mind but to put their trust in the same poor people at his gates and distributing weapons for them to protect him.

According to God's word His worshipers will only enjoy material possessions when the economic situation of where they live is good, in that case they won't need to start protecting themselves with WEAPONS due to their hungry neighbours.

But when talking about WISDOM only God's people will be the wisest of all men, so they will have speak anywhere with great wisdom and nobody from any other religion will be able to silence their WISDOM! Isaiah 54:17

That's why Jesus of Nazareth though was poor materially speaking was the wisest of all men, so his disciples must be the wisest anywhere they go! Matthew 28:18-20 smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by genkins(m): 8:09am On May 04, 2022
Ken4Christ:

See apprentice giving scores to his master. I back up every point with scriptures.

OK, tell me what is Abraham's blessing. Let me be your student for once.
Scriptures that you are interpreting like say u no go school. Just pouring trash that your pulpit thieves told you.

Gal 3:14
He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus,so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

God promised to bless not only Abraham, in Genesis 12:1-3, but to also bless all the families of the earth through him. And in Galatians 3:13-14, Paul relates this blessing as being bestowed upon the Gentiles through the redemptive work of Jesus Christ on the cross. Many prosperity preachers interpret the Abrahamic blessing as prospering in material and financial abundance. They also assert that it is salvation through Jesus Christ that gives Christians, who are Abraham’s spiritual children, access to the Abrahamic blessing. But when these biblical passages mentioning the Abrahamic blessing were interpreted within the context of Paul’s understanding of the blessing and using a theological method of biblical interpretation that incorporates a synchronic method of biblical exegesis with the sub-method of lexical and syntactic analysis, you will find out that the blessing is that of sonship through Jesus Christ by virtue of the gift of the Holy Spirit and not material or financial blessing.
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Nobody: 8:22am On May 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ did not send anyone to sow seeds nor did He promise you that it is by giving that you recieve. undecided

What about "give, and it shall be given unto you..."?
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by genkins(m): 9:42am On May 04, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

The question is, Give to who? Pastors? Church? Pastors use this scripture to mean 'giving' is giving to them thus monopolizing it.
That is not correct. You give to the poor and needy and it shall be given back to you, shaken pressed down and running over.
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 04, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Abraham's blessings is full of RISHES that's what God promised his descendants {Genesis 12:3; Deuteronomy 7:14; 28:3} but the riches God promised Abraham's descendants isn't about material possessions that's why most faithful servants of God were poor materially.

It's all about the sacred secrets having to do with life and the wisdom to live a happy life that's satisfying. Isaiah 1:18; 48:17-18

God never promised any of His servants material riches in the midst of people who are poor to the extent that God's servants won't have rest of mind but to put their trust in the same poor people at his gates and distributing weapons for them to protect him.

According to God's word His worshipers will only enjoy material possessions when the economic situation of where they live is good, in that case they won't need to start protecting themselves with WEAPONS due to their hungry neighbours.

But when talking about WISDOM only God's people will be the wisest of all men, so they will have speak anywhere with great wisdom and nobody from any other religion will be able to silence their WISDOM! Isaiah 54:17

That's why Jesus of Nazareth though was poor materially speaking was the wisest of all men, so his disciples must be the wisest anywhere they go! Matthew 28:18-20 smiley
Great truths you've outlined.
I agree.
That's why the same word of God says, a poor man's wisdom is despised. Ecclesiastes 9:16
And wisdom doesn't mean one will be rich.

So there's a certain kind of richness God will rather see us have( rich in love, spiritual gifts, understanding and wisdom) .
But he isn't against us gaining wealth on earth, but it has to not take the place of God in our lives.
I rather be a poor wise man than be a rich fool, who thinks he is infact wise. But I won't be stark poor. I know he will provide my needs.
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:20pm On May 04, 2022
PaulOtl:

Great truths you've outlined.
I agree.
That's why the same word of God says, a poor man's wisdom is despised. Ecclesiastes 9:16
And wisdom doesn't mean one will be rich.

So there's a certain kind of richness God will rather see us have( rich in love, spiritual gifts, understanding and wisdom) .
But he isn't against us gaining wealth on earth, but it has to not take the place of God in our lives.
I rather be a poor wise man than be a rich fool, who thinks he is infact wise. But I won't be stark poor. I know he will provide my needs.

May God bless you because you've just spoken the mind of the Christ! 1Corinthians 2:16 smiley

1 Like

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Kobojunkie: 3:17pm On May 04, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

A major rule in the Kingdom of God is as revealed by Jesus Christ's parable through His Parable of the 10 Talents or Minas in Matthew 25 vs 14 - 30 & Luke 19 vs 12 - 27 is as below.

28 “So the master told his other servants, ‘Take the one bag of money from that servant and give it to the servant who has ten bags.
29 Everyone who uses what they have will get more. They will have much more than they need. But people who do not use what they have will have everything taken away from them.’
30 Then the master said, ‘Throw that useless servant outside into the darkness, where people will cry and grind their teeth with pain.’ - Matthew 25 vs 28 - 30
The above stated rule connected by Jesus Christ rule to all resources that concerns us, and we are talking faith, understanding, love, forgiveness, and even material items etc.,. For example, to increase your faith, you need to use the faith you have already already given by God. To gain more understanding of the Kingdom of God, you first need to use the understanding you have already neen given by God. The same thus applies where giving is concerned, to get God to give you, you need to first give that which God has already given you to the poor. What is at the core of the rule is obedience.... the more we use those resources in obedience of God's commandments, the more of the same resources God gives to us. undecided

So while the doctrine of seed sowing which has mostly used to bilk the gullible out of their hard earned money, makes an attempt at explaining God, it does a terribly shoddy job since it's main focus is on fleecing God's sheep, rather than teaching that which God in fact commands. undecided
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 04, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

May God bless you because you've just spoken the mind of the Christ! 1Corinthians 2:16 smiley

Amen.
And may He bless you too.
I feel humbled whenever I am able to speak from within and it comes out sounding like what the Holy Spirit would want a Christian to say. I keep getting better at it and it amazes me, or, surprises me. But I know this kind of reasoning must be coming from above. When you open your mind and heart to learn, to ponder about things and mysteries of life, and humbly admitting to God that you want to understand things, not claiming that you know anything, then I think that is when God starts to make provision for you to understand tihings, even as far as understanding various mysteries. He is seeing that you can be a useful vessel for his work. He's understudying you, even though he already knows your end from the beginning. It's still what we call " mysteries "
Im looking forward to the future and how he's going to use me, and how I'm gonna have to brace up to face great oppositions and forces. It's gonna be exciting and intense. But it's his will , not mine...So let it take place as He allows it to. He won't let you be cut down before your time(before achieving all he wants you to for his name's sake, and the kingdom)
Ahhh! See how the words just dey flow out like Cool springs on a summer evening. I'm impressed in myself...really. But, I know the journey ahead is still far, and it's not always going to be without pain, but he's teaching us to count it worthy, and a thing of privilege to suffer for his name's sake. Not for useless reasons.
I better stop my epistle here. Cuz I know myself, I can go on and on, when it comes to talking about God and the world, a d mysteries cheesy. I need to end it here.
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Ken4Christ: 11:16pm On May 04, 2022
genkins:

Scriptures that you are interpreting like say u no go school. Just pouring trash that your pulpit thieves told you.

Gal 3:14
He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus,so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

God promised to bless not only Abraham, in Genesis 12:1-3, but to also bless all the families of the earth through him. And in Galatians 3:13-14, Paul relates this blessing as being bestowed upon the Gentiles through the redemptive work of Jesus Christ on the cross. Many prosperity preachers interpret the Abrahamic blessing as prospering in material and financial abundance. They also assert that it is salvation through Jesus Christ that gives Christians, who are Abraham’s spiritual children, access to the Abrahamic blessing. But when these biblical passages mentioning the Abrahamic blessing were interpreted within the context of Paul’s understanding of the blessing and using a theological method of biblical interpretation that incorporates a synchronic method of biblical exegesis with the sub-method of lexical and syntactic analysis, you will find out that the blessing is that of sonship through Jesus Christ by virtue of the gift of the Holy Spirit and not material or financial blessing.

So, when Isaac blessed Jacob with the blessing of Abraham, Jacob received the Holy Spirit and became a son?

Apply what you just said to the verse below;

Genesis 28:4 And GIVE THEE THE BLESSING OF ABRAHAM, to thee, and to thy seed with thee; that thou mayest inherit the land wherein thou art a stranger, which God gave unto Abraham
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by genkins(m): 11:38pm On May 04, 2022
Ken4Christ:

So, when Isaac blessed Jacob with the blessing of Abraham, Jacob received the Holy Spirit and became a son?

Apply what you just said to the verse below;

Genesis 28:4 And GIVE THEE THE BLESSING OF ABRAHAM, to thee, and to thy seed with thee; that thou mayest inherit the land wherein thou art a stranger, which God gave unto Abraham

I Don tire for ya matter. Abeg.. Anyone for this thread, abeg help me explain to this boy, Abraham's blessings to us- gentile christians... I Don try.
U get Abraham's Financial blessings since and na poor all of una poor. The ones wey get small change, na thief dem dey thief. Na only una GO dey rich becos him de collect from all of una. Use small brain abeg. No quote me again, I Don try for you. Bye
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Ken4Christ: 7:10am On May 05, 2022
genkins:

I Don tire for ya matter. Abeg.. Anyone for this thread, abeg help me explain to this boy, Abraham's blessings to us- gentile christians... I Don try.
U get Abraham's Financial blessings since and na poor all of una poor. The ones wey get small change, na thief dem dey thief. Na only una GO dey rich becos him de collect from all of una. Use small brain abeg. No quote me again, I Don try for you. Bye

We will continue. You must admit that you are wrong.

Abraham's blessing is an all round blessing. It includes, material, financial, health, fruitfulness and success in all that you do.

When Abraham was called by God, he had nothing worth nothing. His asset declaration was as good as nothing. God gave him seven fold promise;

Genesis 12:2-3
2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

From the passage above, putting it in itemized form, it reads;

1. I will make of thee a great nation
2. I will bless thee
3. Make thy name great.
4. Thou shall be a blessing
5. I will bless them that bless thee
6. Curse them that curse thee
7. In thee, all the families of the earth shall be blessed.

After, Abraham obeyed God, the blessing started to show. The scripture said;

Genesis 13:2 And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold.

Abraham was so rich that he had 300 servants in his house that he also trained for war.

Today, if you have one houseboy or a housegirl, you are a big man.

And before Abraham died, the scripture said;

Genesis 24:1 And Abraham was old, and well stricken in age: and the LORD had BLESSED ABRAHAM IN ALL THINGS.

This is the blessing of Abraham. It is to be blessed in all things. And this blessing has been given to us. No wonder Apostle Peter wrote;

2nd Peter 1:3 According as his divine power HATH GIVEN UNTO US ALL THINGS that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.

Apostle Paul said the same thing;

1st Corinthians 1:21-23
21 Therefore let no man glory in men. FOR ALL THINGS ARE YOURS.

22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, OR THE WORLD, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; ALL ARE YOURS.

Why then did Jesus not live in affluence? He laid down his life for us.

The Apostles also laid down their lives for the church.

Hence Paul said;

2 Corinthians 6:10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, YET MAKING MANY RICH; as having nothing, and YET POSSESSING ALL THINGS.

Why are many Christians poor today in spite of the fact that he has given us all things?

1. Disobedience. So many professing believers are disobedient. Isaiah 1:19 says;

"If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land."

If we obey his word diligently, wealth will not elude us. But it will not happen overnight.

Our Lord Jesus said the same thing;

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be ADDED UNTO YOU.

The phrase, added to you means increase. And that is prosperity.

2. State of spiritual maturity.

God will not release wealth to you if you are not matured spiritually. It will destroy you.

This is why Apostle Paul wrote;

Galatians 4:1-2.
1 Now I say, That THE HEIR, AS LONG AS HE IS A CHILD, DIFFERETH NOTHING FROM A SERVANT, though he be lord of all;

2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.

This is common sense. A billionaire father should not release wealth for a ten year old child just because he is rich. It will destroy him.

So, you must grow up first spiritually.

The test begins with little money released to us. God watches how you manage it. This will determine if you are qualified for more.

3. Sin. When you live in sin, it could affect your prosperity. Hence the scripture says;

Proverbs 28:13 He that covereth his sins SHALL NOT PROSPER, but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy

4. Laziness. Some Christians are just lazy. If you are lazy, you will be poor.

5. Foundational issues. Some believers are poor because of their foundation. Sometimes, the things our parents and grandparents did affects us. But it can be broken in Christ prayerfully.

6. The Confession of our lips. The scripture says that death and life are in the power of the tongue. So, it matters what you say. If you speak lack, you will get lack.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

For Muslims Please Answer Me / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Reply To Ese Walter's Sex Scandal / Dr. Albert Odulele, Senior Pastor Of Gloryhouse London.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 182
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.