Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! (2689 Views)

Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria / Benny Hinn 'Faints' As A Nigerian Sows $1 Million Into His Ministry (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Buytruth(m): 12:12pm On Apr 26, 2022
The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!!
It is written: Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. Matthew 10:8.
Popular Televangelist, Pastor Benny Hinn has taken to his Facebook account to apologize to Christians for his false teachings.
The renowned Israeli cleric in a video apologised for his teachings on prosperity, sowing of seed and monetizing the gospel.

According Benny Hinn, he had to apologise for his teachings because he doesn’t want to be rejected in Heaven on the last day.

The cleric further stated that he had wanted to disclose this a long time ago but he couldn’t.

Benny Hinn in the video said,“The flesh must be out of the way for men to make it to Heaven on the last day. Teaching on prosperity is a feel good message. I am sorry to say this that prosperity has gone a little beat crazier this time around and today, I want to correct my own theology about prosperity gospels, sowing of seeds and monetization of the gospel. When I read the Bible now, I don’t see it with the same eye I saw it 20 years ago.

“The Magazine will normally publish was from my father-in-law. I inherited it because I married his daughter. It was a channel for monetizing the Gospel. It is an offense to the Holy Spirit when we receive money on those materials. The gospel is totally free. I am done with anything prosperity gospel and monetization of the gospels.

“This is the first time in my life that I am saying this and I don’t care what people think about me anymore. I know many will not invite me anymore and I don’t care. I don’t want to be rejected on the last day. If you are not giving because you love Jesus, don’t bother giving. Giving is making me sick to my stomach and I am free from it now, I don’t want to hear anything about the sowing of seed anymore.

“I am truly sorry for all these years of false teachings. Please forgive me and do away with my messages on prosperity and sowing of seed”.

1 Like

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by qekng40(f): 12:15pm On Apr 26, 2022
Nigerian pastors left the group chat! cool

6 Likes

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by gasparpisciotta: 12:19pm On Apr 26, 2022
He should do restitution of all his ill gotten wealth

7 Likes

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by duro4chang(m): 12:34pm On Apr 26, 2022
Is this a recent one or the one he did about three years ago?
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Pierocash(m): 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2022
Is giving and seed sowing not in the scripture, what is Hinn saying?

Prosperity is biblical oga

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Oronto: 12:51pm On Apr 26, 2022
Pierocash:

not to a point of making God a money doubler, if you sow dis you wld be given this. In our homes we genuinely take care of our parents, siblings and children not for what they are to give us, but because we love them. It's that kind of relationship a believer shld be in with christ.

8 Likes

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Ken4Christ: 2:35pm On Apr 26, 2022
Pierocash:

Prosperity is sure biblical. It depends on the way it is presented and the motive behind the person teaching it.

Jesus taught prosperity. He said;

Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by emmy512: 2:51pm On Apr 26, 2022
His disciples left the group

1 Like

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by AkinwaleJJ(f): 3:11pm On Apr 26, 2022
Instead he needs to travel round the world to condemn tithe collectors in Jesus name! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Kobojunkie: 3:25pm On Apr 26, 2022
Pierocash:

Jesus Christ did not send anyone to sow seeds nor did He promise you that it is by giving that you recieve. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Kobojunkie: 3:26pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ken4Christ:
Prosperity is sure biblical. It depends on the way it is presented and the motive behind the person teaching it.

Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
What Jesus Christ instead taught is that those who live in continuous obedience of His teachings(Commandments) are those who benefit from His promises. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Ken4Christ: 4:59pm On Apr 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What Jesus Christ instead taught is that those who live in continuous obedience of His teachings(Commandments) are those who benefit from His promises. undecided

So, who made the quote in Luke 6:38? You are saying that Jesus did not know what he was saying in that verse because it unveils one of the principles of prosperity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ken4Christ:

So, who made the quote in Luke 6:38? You are saying that Jesus did not what he was saying in that verse because it unveils one of the principles of prosperity.
Jesus Christ gave His followers about 100 commandments in total to live by. Quoting only one of those commandments to claim it supports your prosperity gobbledygook, is nothing short of lying against Jesus Christ. undecided

In the way of giving, the same Jesus Christ commands that you sell everything you have in order to be saved - He also told a parable to illustrate this in in Matthew 13 vs 44 - 46 - and He also commands that when a neighbor in need, do not without from him as he asks. He also commands that you feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, cloth the naked, home the homeless, care for the sick, and also visit those in prison- Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided

Now these are still just some of the giving required of each and everyone who is a follower of Jesus Christ. But from that you can see how prosperity isn't supposed to be a goal for anyone serious about Jesus Christ and whose lives in continuous submission and obedience of the teachings(and commandments) of Jesus Christ. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Acehart: 7:23pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Jesus was talking about (giving) love towards the poor and our enemies, and being merciful and kind. It had nothing to do with “prosperity”. That’s why He Give or minister... the same standard you estimate [your neighbor], that is the same way you will be estimated (or judged)- what goes around, comes around in greater form.

Jesus was “paraphrasing” Proverbs 19:17

He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by madegreatbygrace(m): 8:04pm On Apr 26, 2022
quote author=Ken4Christ post=112291109]

cool[quote][/quote]

Did Jesus mention money in this verse? Read the entire chapter again to understand the context
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Ken4Christ: 10:24pm On Apr 26, 2022
madegreatbygrace:
quote author=Ken4Christ post=112291109]

cool

Did Jesus mention money in this verse? Read the entire chapter again to understand the context

He did not mention money. He also did not exclude money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Ken4Christ: 10:40pm On Apr 26, 2022
Acehart:

Jesus was talking about (giving) love towards the poor and our enemies, and being merciful and kind. It had nothing to do with “prosperity”. That’s why He Give or minister... the same standard you estimate [your neighbor], that is the same way you will be estimated (or judged)- what goes around, comes around in greater form.

Jesus was “paraphrasing” Proverbs 19:17

He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.

Even if he meant giving to the poor, it still unveils the principle of prosperity. As you release money or items to the poor, God will cause men to give back to you in bigger measures. This is prosperity. There are many other verses that supports it;

God told the Jews to remember the poor. That in so doing, God will bless the work of their hands. This is prosperity. Read the passage below;

Deuteronomy 15:7-11
7 If there be among you a poor man of one of thy brethren within any of thy gates in thy land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not harden thine heart, nor shut thine hand from thy poor brother:

8 But thou shalt open thine hand wide unto him, and shalt surely lend him sufficient for his need, in that which he wanteth.

9 Beware that there be not a thought in thy wicked heart, saying, The seventh year, the year of release, is at hand; and thine eye be evil against thy poor brother, and thou givest him nought; and he cry unto the LORD against thee, and it be sin unto thee.

10 Thou shalt surely give him, and thine heart shall not be grieved when thou givest unto him: because that FOR THIS THING THE LORD THY GOD SHALL BLESS THEE IN ALL THY WORKS, and in all that thou puttest thine hand unto.

11 For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land.

The wisest man in his days, King Solomon also wrote;

Proverbs 28:27 He that giveth unto the poor SHALL NOT LACK: but he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse.

Prophet Isaiah said the same thing;

7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.

9 Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;

10 And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday:

11 And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and THOU SHALT BE LIKE A WATERED GARDEN, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

See the consistency. So giving to the poor is one sure way to get rich. But there are other rules to follow. For instance, do not announce it to get the praises of men. If you do, you will loose your reward.

You also get blessed when you give to servants of God. This is another sure way to get rich.

So, prosperity is scriptural. We have allowed the people of the world to get the wealth. But it rightfully belongs to us because the earth and his fullness belongs to our Father God.
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Ken4Christ: 10:57pm On Apr 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ gave His followers about 100 commandments in total to live by. Quoting only one of those commandments to claim it supports your prosperity gobbledygook, is nothing short of lying against Jesus Christ. undecided

In the way of giving, the same Jesus Christ commands that you sell everything you have in order to be saved - He also told a parable to illustrate this in in Matthew 13 vs 44 - 46 - and He also commands that when a neighbor in need, do not without from him as he asks. He also commands that you feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, cloth the naked, home the homeless, care for the sick, and also visit those in prison- Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided

Now these are still just some of the giving required of each and everyone who is a follower of Jesus Christ. But from that you can see how prosperity isn't supposed to be a goal for anyone serious about Jesus Christ and whose lives in continuous submission and obedience of the teachings(and commandments) of Jesus Christ. undecided

I will be a billionaire because I want to feed millions. Is that not a good reason to be rich?
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Kobojunkie: 11:25pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ken4Christ:
I will be a billionaire because I want to feed millions. Is that not a good reason to be rich?
Try to open your mind to the teachings of Jesus Christ so you don't keep sounding like the average human looking for justification for what are his worldly desires. undecided

How many millions have your prosperity preachers fed with the millions that has reached their hands so far? To date, the bulk of money that goes to charitable efforts come from worldly business and nothing comparable coming from pockets of prosperity crowds, and I think I don't need to explain why. undecided

I will tell you what I tell anyone, if riches is what you seek, you have a better chance at it back out there in the world in the hands of whom the wealth of this world really resides. undecided
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Ken4Christ: 11:32pm On Apr 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Try to open your mind to the teachings of Jesus Christ so you don't keep sounding like the average human looking for justification for what are his worldly desires. undecided

How many millions have your prosperity preachers fed with the millions that has reached their hands so far? To date, the bulk of money that goes to charitable efforts come from worldly business and nothing comparable coming from pockets of prosperity crowds, and I think I don't need to explain why. undecided

I will tell you what I tell anyone, if riches is what you seek, you have a better chance at it back out there in the world in the hands of whom the wealth of this world really resides. undecided

There are Pastors presently feeding the poor and giving homes to the homeless. Don't die a poor man. God wants you rich. Jesus wants you rich. The scripture says;

2nd Corinthians 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, THAT YE THROUGH HIS POVERTY MIGHT BE RICH.
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Kobojunkie: 11:41pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ken4Christ:
1. There are Pastors presently feeding the poor and giving homes to the homeless. Don't die a poor man. God wants you rich. Jesus wants you rich. The scripture says;

2nd Corinthians 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, THAT YE THROUGH HIS POVERTY MIGHT BE RICH.
1. Pastors presently feeding poor people with money they stole from other gullible poor people, this as they stash away for themselves their nest eggs in foreign bank accounts abi? undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Ken4Christ: 12:10am On Apr 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Pastors presently feeding poor people with money they stole from other gullible poor people this as they stash away their nests egg in foreign bank accounts abi? undecided

Is your Pastor a thief too? Or you don't have a Pastor? You are indirectly insulting all servants of God who God has called and ordained.

What if God calls you to be a Pastor. Will you steal? I am amazed at the critical spirit you have against Pastors as though none of them is doing a good work.

1 Like

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Kobojunkie: 2:23am On Apr 27, 2022
Ken4Christ:
1. Is your Pastor a thief too? Or you don't have a Pastor? You are indirectly insulting all servants of God who God has called and ordained.

2. What if God calls you to be a Pastor. Will you steal? I am amazed at the critical spirit you have against Pastors as though none of them is doing a good work.
1. Jesus Christ told you, over 2000 years ago, that you pastors and mogs are nothing but wolves who come to steal from you, to kill and destroy God's flock in John 10 vs 1 - 16. Why you call the charlatans servants of God, against God, is beyond me. undecided

2. God have never called any one of your pastors, never - Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 16 & John 10 vs 1 - 16 undecided
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Ken4Christ: 8:07am On Apr 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Jesus Christ told you, over 2000 years ago, that you pastors and mogs are nothing but wolves who come to steal from you, to kill and destroy God's flock in John 10 vs 1 - 16. Why you call the charlatans servants of God, against God, is beyond me. undecided

2. God have never called any one of your pastors, never - Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 16 & John 10 vs 1 - 16 undecided

So, you are a sheep without shepherd. No wonder you don't know anything. You are a lost soul. It shows in your ignorance. I urge you to receive Christ into your life and be saved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Sixfiguresmart(m): 10:25am On Apr 27, 2022
Ken4Christ:

So, you are a sheep without shepherd. No wonder you don't know anything. You are a lost soul. It shows in your ignorance. I urge you to receive Christ into your life and be saved.
Who is shepherding you?

1 Like

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Sixfiguresmart(m): 10:29am On Apr 27, 2022
Ken4Christ:

There are Pastors presently feeding the poor and giving homes to the homeless. Don't die a poor man. God wants you rich. Jesus wants you rich. The scripture says;
Not that kind of riches, my dear. Jesus said pray for DAILY BREAD. With million in Lazarus account, would he have a need to pray for DAILY BREAD?
he has generation bread already.

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Kobojunkie: 11:01am On Apr 27, 2022
Ken4Christ:
Um.... Jesus Christ, the ONLY GOOD Shepherd is my Shepherd. Meaning your pastors and mogs are nothing but bad Shepherds- the very false teachers and false prophets Jesus Christ warned you to steer clear of. undecided

If Jesus Christ isn't your ONLY Shepherd, then I am afraid you have yet to receive Him. That is what God is telling you in Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 16 and John 10 vs 1 - 16 undecided

God fired all His former human Shepherds and installed Himself alone as Shepherd over His sheep. Sadly, I see His message went right over your head there. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Ken4Christ: 12:31pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Um.... Jesus Christ, the ONLY GOOD Shepherd is my Shepherd. Meaning your pastors and mogs are nothing but bad Shepherds- the very false teachers and false prophets Jesus Christ warned you to steer clear of. undecided

If Jesus Christ isn't your ONLY Shepherd, then I am afraid you have yet to receive Him. That is what God is telling you in Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 16 and John 10 vs 1 - 16 undecided

God fired all His former human Shepherds and installed Himself alone as Shepherd over His sheep. Sadly, I see His message went right over your head there. undecided

If Jesus is your shepherd, you would have been born again. You don't know him.

1 Like

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Sixfiguresmart(m): 1:45pm On Apr 27, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Tell me how you know that he doesn't know Jesus. crying born again up and down does not mean that you know Jesus. Many of you claiming born again have been discovered to be ritualists and rapists.

There is no indication in the Bible that anyone was asked if he was born again by the apostles of Christ. Being born again is a personal, very personal business between you and God. No one should ask anybody if he were born again. Not one person was asked this question in the Bible.

You have no single right to challenge a man like that. Jesus asked you to preach, go preach the word and mind your business.
Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Kobojunkie: 2:06pm On Apr 27, 2022
Ken4Christ:
I don't know Him yet I understand He is God's Law - His teachings and commandments- more than you do? undecided

I also hope you also realize that it is through continuous submission and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ that one comes to a Knowing of Jesus Christ- John 8 vs 31 - 32 and John 14 vs 15 - 25 -, and not my mouth action or continuously quoting and misconstruing, in your case, Paul? undecided

Jesus Christ more than explained to His Followers that He alone is Teacher , Shepherd, Head/Master, Authority/Leader, guide etc., to each one who belongs to Him but you obviously have for yourself others over you, so I doubt you even begin to know who Jesus Christ truly is, do you?, undecided

1 Like

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Ken4Christ: 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I don't know Him yet I understand His God's Law - His teachings and commandments- more than you do? undecided

I also hope you also realize that it is through continuous submission and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ that one comes to a Knowing of Jesus Christ- John 8 vs 31 - 32 and John 14 vs 15 - 25 -, and not my mouth action or continuously quoting and misconstruing, in your case, Paul? undecided

Jesus Christ more than explained to His Followers that He alone is Teacher , Shepherd, Head/Master, Authority/Leader, guide etc., to each one who belongs to Him but you obviously have for yourself others over you, so I doubt you even begin to know who Jesus Christ truly is, do you?, undecided

You don't change to an animal just because you work in a zoo. You are not a Christian just because you follow the teachings of our Lord Jesus. You must be born again first.

1 Like

Re: The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!! by Kobojunkie: 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2022
Ken4Christ:
You don't change to an animal just because you work in a zoo. You are not a Christian just because you follow the teachings of our Lord Jesus. You must be born again first.
So you are essentially saying here that Jesus Christ lied when He declared that those who belong to Him are those who love Him are those who continuously submit to and obey His teachings(and commandments) - John 14 vs 15 - 25 & John 15 vs 1 - 11? undecided

You believe that Jesus Christ had no idea what He was talking about when He resolved that His friends where those who did what He said - John 15 vs 14 ? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Love Others More Than Urself? / T.b Joshua Raise Dead To Life / Today Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Birthday...write Ur Wishes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.