Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary (30818 Views)

FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS / NASU Directs University Workers, Others To Begin Strike Over IPPIS / Nigeria University Workers To Commence Warning Strike From Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Ofolete: 5:04pm On Apr 26, 2022
I thank God for this strike. I thought that I have a job but now I have engaged myself in a private business that fetches me daily income more that what I receive as a university worker. And I want this strike to continue till 3-5 years. Even if it is called off, I don't think that I will be dedicated like before again. The work is a banza work with APC. Useless and senseless fools are in power indeed.

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Akwaibom1stlady(f): 5:06pm On Apr 26, 2022
No works in this man regime....nothing!! Every union is going on strike.

Relocation Sales

Almost new generator for sale.... . Used for a month

Price 110k (slightly negotiable)

AC 1hp very cool
50k last

32" LG smart TV 70k (SOLD)

43" Inches LG HD TV 125k (Only 5 months used)

2 Pieces of Gotv Decorder with their Remote and antenna... Both used for less than 4 months... 6k each

3 months Hairer Thermocool Table Top Fridge (with a mini freezer) very new

Call/whatsapp 070 6945.35.38

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Gabbriell: 5:08pm On Apr 26, 2022
papadoculus:

If so, then they just just go for 10 years strike at ones. Not this back and forth strike they keep doing

10 years not possible oo. The highest they can go is 4 years (based on government tenure) but God forbid.

The fault is mainly on the government side.

You see, the government cannot pay all the money at once (no government can do that).

So what they usually do is pay part and promise to pay the rest at certain intervals. Nigeria government doesn't no how to honor their agreement. This is the reason why they cannot take ASUU to court and win. There was a written agreement between both parties . One decided to go against the agreement...the case is very straight forward.

But ASUU are not blameless themselves. They keep making the same mistake (of trusting the government) over and over again. They are supposed to have a better solution by now so that they wont be striking all the time.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by gbengadada2004(m): 5:08pm On Apr 26, 2022
Fuckyoumod:
ok, why not sort it out once and for all?
Why the repetitive strike every year?

So how will UTAS prevent public universities from dying? And how will IPPIS kill public universities?

Thank you for the good question. The last strike was suspended based on sympathy for the students after staying at home for several months and COVID-19 lock down. Also, the deceptive government made several promises which till now they never fulfill. After writing severally the government and there was no response, ASUU was left with no other option than to resort to strike.

On how will UTAS prevent public universities from dying, and how will IPPIS kill public universities. IPPIS does not make provision for several peculiarities of University education.
1. Every University in the world engage experts in certain field to work for them for short period of time. IPPIS will not accommodate such, you have to travel to Abuja to have your data captured. And you are accustomed with IPPIS office in Abuja, you can spend 2 weeks there before you achieve you aim. Universities usually engage people that are in industries to teach technical courses in Science and Technology for few period and pay them, however, IPPIS will not allow such.
2. All over the world University lecturers go on sabbatical, and they also engage visiting or adjunct lecturer. IPPIS does not recognize these.
3. Since IPPIS, it is amputated salary that they are paying. Some months no salary.
4. Deductions made from lecturers salaries such as cooperative loan deduction, ASUU dues etc are not remitted to the appropriate parties.
5. Unnecessary deductions, for example, I never subscript to National Housing Scheme neither do I inform the FG that I don't have my personal house but they kept making NHF deductions from lecturers salaries.
These and more are some of the shortcomings of IPPIS. Now UTAS was been developed and it has been tested and proved to have overcomed all these drawbacks but the Almighty FG through NITDA does not want it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by edogu(m): 5:20pm On Apr 26, 2022
Connected1:

Drop the name of the Federal University.

I am a student of a Federal University too, I won't insult you because you are my elder and I was trained well.

Lecturers live above their means and you would even wonder if they receive same pay as Chevron workers, imagine people agitating for a better salary when they don't come to class and not even impact knowledge on student.

I can't DM you, I don't want to be insulted more than I have received here.
FUNAI
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by gbengadada2004(m): 5:21pm On Apr 26, 2022
Connected1:

Secondary and Primary Schools wasn't damaged because of the government, that's a fat lie.

It's because of the teachers and their wickedness, they sign in and leave school to their shops in the market and other businesses and then they come back to sign out at closing time.

I am a product of Government College Ughelli, Delta State and I can tell you that at point when my set was in JSS3 we don't see up to two teachers in a day, not even the form teachers even the so called crs teachers don't come too and soonest the youth corpers joined them and we needed to prepare for exams, some corpers started offering tutorials for money and the teachers told us to attend and pay or we read on our own that they can't cover the scheme of work, we complained to the School Principals and still nothing was done but fortunately the Ministry of Education Office is behind the School fence, we went there and laid our complaints with various dramas from us, we don't know how they did it but when we resumed on Monday, Teachers started coming to class like there was honey in the classrooms and I am sure they still do till date.

Moreover Private Universities are too expensive and that's the reason many parents don't send their wards there, if not who get time for all these useless lecturers, I ready for una anyhow una come.

Wicked set of Witches and Wizards.

Secondary and Primary Schools wasn't damaged because of the government, that's a fat lie. It's because of the teachers and their wickedness, they sign in and leave school to their shops in the market and other businesses and then they come back to sign out at closing time.
Have you asked your why these teachers were no longer committed to teaching you students these days?
How do you expect them not to leave school to their shops in the market and other businesses when they are being paid peanut?
If any of these teachers is your parent will you support them to stay there with the meagre amount they were being paid without looking for alternative source of income?

I am a product of Government College Ughelli, Delta State and I can tell you that at point when my set was in JSS3 we don't see up to two teachers in a day, not even the form teachers even the so called crs teachers don't come too
I attended public primary and secondary schools in the late 80s, and the teachers were committed to their work.
It is you younger generations that are witnessing what you wrote above.
I am a father but non of my children attended public primary and secondary schools because it has been turned upside down.
And this is what our public Universities will become if ASUU did not take the bull by the horn.
No lecturer love strike because our own children are also victim of these strike actions, however, we must no fold our arms and watch the FG destroy our public universities the way they destroyed public primary and secondary schools.

6 Likes

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by famss22(m): 5:25pm On Apr 26, 2022
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Donaluta(m): 5:44pm On Apr 26, 2022
tellsblinks:

UTAS was declared unreliable by NITDA
I dont see any reason why ASUU refuse to comply with IPPS if not to keep earning multiple salaries from different school.

Lecturers and professors too are scams!!! Selling handouts, giving scores, purposefully failing students because of disrespect.

ASUU needs a reorientation

The same UTAs nitda lied about ... UTAs did not fail any integrity test .. after that fabricated news .. ASUU had to conduct their own integrity test.. the outcome was 94% accurate... Nitda DG was called out for lying against UTAs .... Ever since he has been hiding from the public ... Fg should do the needful and invest in our education... ASUU should continue till whenever since buhari don't know the importance of education.. i no blame am shaaaaa... Him no go university that's why him dey mumu

3 Likes

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Legendforte: 5:45pm On Apr 26, 2022
MoDaniel:
FG is really taking this thing out of hand...

No work, no pay only applies if the employee does not come to work without giving any justification, then the employee is not entitled to a salary compensation, but only if the reasons for their absence are indeed unjustified.

Then how are the students going to be compensated. They are the ones at the receiving end.
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Neoteny7: 5:46pm On Apr 26, 2022
tellsblinks:

I dont see any reason why ASUU refuse to comply with IPPS if not to keep earning multiple salaries from different school.

Lecturers and professors too are scams!!! Selling handouts, giving scores, purposefully failing students because of disrespect.

100% agree with you.

ASUU is a collection of under-educated egomaniacs out for only their gains while trying to hold their employer to ransom.

These same bunch of incompetent lecturers are as corrupt as the government, commercializing education and treating their careers like a fiefdom where they do as they please to students.

I hate ASUU with passion and I hope they don't get paid and lose their jobs at the end.

3 Likes

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Legendforte: 5:47pm On Apr 26, 2022
Sivab:
This is absolute wickedness.
Students are the ones being rendered useless and frustruated. I support the policy. #Noworknopay

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by RaptObserver: 5:50pm On Apr 26, 2022
gbengadada2004:

Secondary and Primary Schools wasn't damaged because of the government, that's a fat lie. It's because of the teachers and their wickedness, they sign in and leave school to their shops in the market and other businesses and then they come back to sign out at closing time.
Have you asked your why these teachers were no longer committed to teaching you students these days?
How do you expect them not to leave school to their shops in the market and other businesses when they are being paid peanut?
If any of these teachers is your parent will you support them to stay there with the meagre amount they were being paid without looking for alternative source of income?

I am a product of Government College Ughelli, Delta State and I can tell you that at point when my set was in JSS3 we don't see up to two teachers in a day, not even the form teachers even the so called crs teachers don't come too
I attended public primary and secondary schools in the late 80s, and the teachers were committed to their work.
It is you younger generations that are witnessing what you wrote above.
I am a father but non of my children attended public primary and secondary schools because it has been turned upside down.
And this is what our public Universities will become if ASUU did not take the bull by the horn.
No lecturer love strike because our own children are also victim of these strike actions, however, we must no fold our arms and watch the FG destroy our public universities the way they destroyed public primary and secondary schools.

Though am not a lecturer but please don't argue with these people who know little about school management. Our government lack vision. Nigeria's population is growing yearly but government is not making efforts to increase school capacity, increase man power and innovate the curriculum to comply with modern times. Teachers in primary and secondary schools are just marking time. Education at that level in public schools is largely dead. Only few public schools in urban centres can be given a shout. But that is inadequate and injurious to the majority.

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Legendforte: 5:52pm On Apr 26, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Wait o, you mean these Lecturers always get paid as and when due even when strike is on for several months?

No wonder they sometimes extend the strike to 8 months. Some of them even get to Lecture in private Universities during that period. In the end, the students are the ones that would suffer.

The Government might not be doing well but this ASUU people are also very selfish.

I support the "No work, No Pay" rule. At least, that would also make them take things more seriously and reach an agreement as quickly as possible.
U dey mind those lazy wicked lecturers that deliver trash in classrooms in the name of teaching. Very set of tactless people without iota of wisdom and humane virtue.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Ibegtodiffer: 5:53pm On Apr 26, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Wait o, you mean these Lecturers always get paid as and when due even when strike is on for several months?

No wonder they sometimes extend the strike to 8 months. Some of them even get to Lecture in private Universities during that period. In the end, the students are the ones that would suffer.

The Government might not be doing well but this ASUU people are also very selfish.

I support the "No work, No Pay" rule. At least, that would also make them take things more seriously and reach an agreement as quickly as possible.

The salary was stopped since two months ago. ASUU is not a stranger to that. But the day will come when you and your likes will realize that the "Selfishness" of ASUU was the sustaining life wire of the public universities. The unselfish primary and secondary school teachers are already history. Less than 10% of wards in Nigeria attend the gov't owned rickety basic schools. It would be late by the time. As evident in other sectors.

CHECK THIS OUT

N223B for feeding children that are meant to be fed by their parents is fine?

N1.4tr intervention in already privatilized power project is fine ?

$400M for rail road from Nigeria to Maradi in Niger Republic is fine with Buhari?

N4 trillion a year for fuel subsidy is okay with Buhari?

But N1.3 trillion spread across 6 years for all public universities in Nigeria can not be met.

Now you know that it is not ASUU nor lack of funds that is keeping Nigerian students at home but FG's misplacement of priorities.

6 Likes

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Legendforte: 6:01pm On Apr 26, 2022
Steinmann:
Fed govt should please think of employing other qualified Nigerians ,we have many unemployed graduates.
The lecturers are free to resign if they don't like their pay and give room to others.
That osodeke man sef tire person.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Ibegtodiffer: 6:02pm On Apr 26, 2022
Fuckyoumod:
tell ASUU to stop making unrealistic demands. ASUU is just punishing and frustrating students.

Unrealistic?

N223B for feeding children that are meant to be fed by their parents is realistic?

N1.4tr intervention in already privatilized power project is realistic?

$1.9B for rail road from Nigeria to Maradi in Niger Republic is realistic?

N4 trillion a year for fuel subsidy is realistic for you and Buhari?

But N1.3 trillion spread across 6 years for all public universities in Nigeria is unrealistic?

May God help our reasoning

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Bimpe29: 6:05pm On Apr 26, 2022
Haba nah! Who's doing who here? Government seems not to be responsible as the lecturers are continuously being insensitive.

Life is truly difficult and unbearable for the commoners.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Ibegtodiffer: 6:06pm On Apr 26, 2022
Steinmann:
Fed govt should please think of employing other qualified Nigerians ,we have many unemployed graduates.
The lecturers are free to resign if they don't like their pay and give room to others.

That is the ignorance. The Earned Academic Allowance demanded by ASUU is a product of FG non-recruitment of sufficient academics. If FG recruits 100,000 academics today, it won't be enough to meet the void. And they won't do it. Very unfortunate for people who think the way you do.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by jmaine: 6:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
tellsblinks:

[s]UTAS was declared unreliable by NITDA

ASUU needs a reorientation[/s]

Outdated propaganda the government is no longer using... State and Private Universities where most sabbaticals/Adjunct are done don't use IPPIS, so how will "double salaries" be detected if there are misconducts?

How can NITDA declare UTAS unreliable after scoring 99.3% in their recent assessment... NITDA rushing to press to discredit the home grown software is shameful...... Dr. Pantami proxy war with ASUU is dead on arrival. He can never win...

https://businessday.ng/news/article/ASUU-berates-nitda-says-utas-scored-99-3-best-for-university-system/
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by tellsblinks(m): 6:11pm On Apr 26, 2022
awo666:

Look at this idiot

On what ground did UTAS failed
come out and tell us.

The Nigerian Government should honour her agreement with ASUU

Delete curse words from your mouth. It's not befitting.
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Ibegtodiffer: 6:18pm On Apr 26, 2022
Fuckyoumod:
oga go and sit your dirty intellectual ass in the gutter!

Highest intellectual body my foot!

ASUU is less than 0.1% of Nigerians, ASUU can not be allowed to keep making unrealistic demands from one Govt. to the other.
A very useless and corrupt set of people.

ASUU is frustrating our students and killing our educational system.

FG is right on this one. No work, No pay.

1. ASUU leadership never talks about no-work, no-pay cos they understand the law. It's already 2 months implemented. NASU are the ones making sound anew

2. When the time is right, FG would pay.

3. A government that has spent over N2 Trillion in a sector that has been sold out (Power sector), spending $1.9 Billion dollars to build railroad to Niger and Borrowing N4 Trillion naira to pay non-existent PMS subsidy is the government that is right to you. It well

4. The 0.1% you're talking about is unfortunately what you've got, resulting from the frustrating package attached to the job. If it was lucrative people won't be leaving in droves as seen to be happening.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by tellsblinks(m): 6:18pm On Apr 26, 2022
uniquelyspecial:

ASUU orientation?
You want to give reorientation to the highest body of intellectualls in Nigeria?

Don't you agree with me that you need orientation?

If it's on these bases that you determine the conditions for orientation. Then you need help!! And you need it very fast!! Before you destroy Nigeria the more!

Nobody is above orientation! Nobody!!!!

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Legendforte: 6:19pm On Apr 26, 2022
ppogba:

70 billion to how many people? For how much owed?

Is it not shameful that a prof. at the peak of his career is earning less than 500k in a country where a senator earns N38m a month?

Is it not shameful that the University system in Nigeria can no longer attract lecturers even from Togo and Benin?

Is it not shameful that the ruling class in Nigeria are sleeping well when the University system is almost shut down? Of course, that can only be Nigeria.

Please get your facts right and show empathy in this imbroglio.
Be calming down, the issue is being addressed but slowly. They ASUU are on a political strike. They should equally strike their salary out. When the govt is busy begging for loan, they are busy making unrealistic demands.

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by tellsblinks(m): 6:22pm On Apr 26, 2022
Enskynelson:

You are 100 per cent wrong. I work in a Federal University but no lecturer sell handout or textbook or anything with such related names to students. Your generalisation shows how myopic you are. If u want to know more, send me a DM and I will explain 100 per cent.

Why are you generalizing your university with the other majority?? Because yours is different doesn't mean it's not done!
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Ibegtodiffer: 6:22pm On Apr 26, 2022
Connected1:
This is Good

Making unrealistic demands when their wards are in foreign universities and private schools.

We are been discouraged in the University and not being motivated, we know what these lecturers tells us everyday, pathetic words even worse than the Indian and Chinese tell their Nigerian Employees, little wonder why many graduates are not innovative.

Let's see how they sustain the strike for 3 months without salaries, they want to eat their cake and have it at the expense of students.

Iffa hear say I no resume school by July, Warning Strike my foot.

Just because the government is corrupt doesn't mean you should be corrupt too, to be a good example is a Herculean task for Nigerian Lecturers, them just dae use church cover up.

Useless ASSU and it's stupid lecturers.

Leaders of tomorrow! It is well.
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Legendforte: 6:24pm On Apr 26, 2022
Connected1:

Drop the name of the Federal University.

I am a student of a Federal University too, I won't insult you because you are my elder and I was trained well.

Lecturers live above their means and you would even wonder if they receive same pay as Chevron workers, imagine people agitating for a better salary when they don't come to class and not even impact knowledge on student.

I can't DM you, I don't want to be insulted more than I have received here.
Even when they come, they read their 1988 lesson notes with squeezed faces for 10mins and retire to their other activities

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Ibegtodiffer: 6:24pm On Apr 26, 2022
ppogba:

70 billion to how many people? For how much owed?

Is it not shameful that a prof. at the peak of his career is earning less than 500k in a country where a senator earns N38m a month?

Is it not shameful that the University system in Nigeria can no longer attract lecturers even from Togo and Benin?

Is it not shameful that the ruling class in Nigeria are sleeping well when the University system is almost shut down? Of course, that can only be Nigeria.

Please get your facts right and show empathy in this imbroglio.

God bless you
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Spherical77(m): 6:30pm On Apr 26, 2022
Connected1:

Tell me what use is 1 unit course which the lecturers don't force students to buy handouts and textbooks to all three units courses lecturers have their textbooks that they force you to buy, the ratio is 5:1, one lecturer even sent us Pdf as textbook after collecting money from so many students, we won't attack her now until the perfect time arrives, that's what I affirmed my coursemates and we would hit her badly.

All Nigerian Politicians are not bad, that's the truth but majority wins the vote, who cares about a little fraction that does their job well, that's not a factor for argument.

I am not having this conversation anymore since your school isn't part of the ongoing strike.

Birds of same feathers flock together not birds of different feathers.
you sit comfortably just to make blanket or general statement in a public forum and you assume to have driven home a point right? Not all institutions sells handout. My school doesn't. The whole of my school doesn't sell handout or whataview. However, that doesn't justify other schools doesn't sell or are exception

Students are the ones all after these lecturers begging them with money just to pass . Yes, some of these lecturers might be corrupt no doubt but the students are worst. Most of them are into Yahoo. They bribed just to get a pass mark from the so called lecturers. I know them in my class. Some lecturers will collect their money and still fail them. I'm sure you know them in your class too.

No lecturer would wake up and insist you pay before you can pass his/her course. I don't believe that crap. Except you are dead upstairs and you had no choice than to give in to that. They dey look face to try that shit. No lecturer can threaten any female students for sex, except the student/s does not know her onions.

I'm not in anyway justifying the lecturers for accepting bribe, sex for Mark, sales of handout et al. However, the students gave room for all that. The students are more than corrupt. They cheat in examination hall, smuggle in microchips/mobile phone, copy from themselves et al. Having known the do and don't with cost implications. If not for ASUU public university would have been dead by now. Most of the projects in school today are gotten from external body (not FG) through the so called lecturers. Ordinary power supply to enable the so called lecturers work effectively and students to learn judiciously had been an Herculean task for the FG

To cap it all, ASUP are also warming up for theirs. Are you gonna crucify them too for their demands? They are also corrupt and selfish like their counterparts (ASUU) while FG is the saint here right?

It is well!

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Pristine664: 6:33pm On Apr 26, 2022
Proton99:

You don't know what you're talking about. Because if you do you wouldn't be spouting nonsense.
UTAS is 1000% reliable. the problem is that Politicians, university administrators and the individuals behind IPPIS won't be able to insert names of to cash out.

The figure used by the IPPIS Cabal is our beloved minister of communication.

Even the betrayal of the chairman under duress won't stop UTAS. We won't let the University education die without a fight.

So who are you fighting against?

The Federal government/politicians or the students??

Because the strike is more like win/win for the politicians this period. Since ASUU has been on strike, all political rallies and declaration populations have increased.
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by kernniejay(m): 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2022
tellsblinks:

Lecturers and professors too are scams!!! Selling handouts, giving scores by amount of cash, purposefully failing students because of disrespect.

If it's on these bases that you determine the conditions for orientation. Then you need help!! And you need it very fast!! Before you destroy Nigeria the more!

Nobody is above orientation! Nobody!!!!

You are not in the system so you don't know shit and it is wise for you to keep shut.
Is it IPPIS that will miscalculate your salary and short-change you that you want ASUU and JAC to accept? IPPIS continues to debit staff that have finished paying their loans to contiue to enrich the govt. IPPIS will not pay you a salary and send a different payslip to you.
Besides, IPPIS is not the only reason for the strike. What about minimum wage arears? What about earned allowances? What about pension of retired workers? What about facilities for technical courses and science based courses? I don't blame you, you are just ignorant of the issues behind the strike.
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by kernniejay(m): 6:44pm On Apr 26, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:

ASUU is entitled to salary if the reason for their strike is to fight for their right. Govt and ASUU have an agreement signed by the both parties and govt is not fulfilling its own part of the agreement, stopping salary will worsen the matter and it is the students that will be at a huge loss because ASUU members will go fully into their side hussles.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. / Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK / Canada To Allow International Students To Work For Over 20 Hours Per Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.