Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,302 members, 7,822,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary (30822 Views)

FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS / NASU Directs University Workers, Others To Begin Strike Over IPPIS / Nigeria University Workers To Commence Warning Strike From Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by tellsblinks(m): 6:48pm On Apr 26, 2022
kernniejay:

You are not in the system so you don't know shit and it is wise for you to keep shut.

......you are just ignorant of the issues behind the strike.
Since you work with ASUU why don't you tell ASUU to speak to the student? Or even student unions? Abi the students are not priority?

Do they have a medium for communicating with students? Any social media page? Any email?

Just them and government! Smh
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by kernniejay(m): 6:52pm On Apr 26, 2022
uniquelyspecial:

Please understand the issue at hand before commenting on a forum as big as this.

We've all gone past the talk "earning multiple salaries"

ASUU orientation?
You want to give reorientation to the highest body of intellectualls in Nigeria?

Don't you agree with me that you need orientation?

The guy is totally ignorant. He only saw people commenting and he wants to put his dirty mouth into what does not concern him.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by RodeDindu: 7:02pm On Apr 26, 2022
kernniejay:

You are not in the system so you don't know shit and it is wise for you to keep shut.
Is it IPPIS that will miscalculate your salary and short-change you that you want ASUU and JAC to accept? IPPIS continues to debit staff that have finished paying their loans to contiue to enrich the govt. IPPIS will not pay you a salary and send a different payslip to you.
Besides, IPPIS is not the only reason for the strike. What about minimum wage arears? What about earned allowances? What about pension of retired workers? What about facilities for technical courses and science based courses? I don't blame you, you are just ignorant of the issues behind the strike.

What I know is that this is a class war.
Politicians vs Lecturers.
Now you may ask, why are all politicians sending their children to schools abroad?
Do you know that the greater percentage of Private universities sprouting up in Nigeria every minute is owned by the money bag politicians, some in church pseudonym.

Let those supporting the corrupt politicians continue, at the end of the war, when students will be paying 700k as school fees, they will know the silent war ASUU has been fighting.

Do we have international students in Nigeria?
In countries abroad, indigenous students are on scholarship, tuition free , why can't it be replicated here

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by nkemjacob2(m): 7:05pm On Apr 26, 2022
In osinbajo words. I wiil continue from the policies of PMB. To nigerians 2023 is @ d corner vote wrongly if u like.
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Mpotomisticai(m): 7:06pm On Apr 26, 2022
Most of the idiots that have commented do not know the reason y ASUU is on strike. Brainless idiots... Lecturers are being owed 2 months salary. Some are owed 3 months to 2 yrs salaries. ASUU is already used to no work no pay policy. They were owed 6 to 8 months salaries during the pandemic yet hell did not break loose.. Very poor Nigerians that can't afford private universities commenting like brainwashed idiots

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by kernniejay(m): 7:07pm On Apr 26, 2022
Neoteny7:

100% agree with you.

ASUU is a collection of under-educated egomaniacs out for only their gains while trying to hold their employer to ransom.

These same bunch of incompetent lecturers are as corrupt as the government, commercializing education and treating their careers like a fiefdom where they do as they please to students.

I hate ASUU with passion and I hope they don't get paid and lose their jobs at the end.

You are not in the system so you don't know shit and it is wise for you to keep shut. ASUU is not the problem of Nigeria, the govt is.
There was an agreement and govt fails to honour the agreement. varsity workers have been writing and seeking the attention of the govt but it seems govt does not recognize education sector. They had to stop working to make govt listen but still no response. Tell me which sector has.not embarked on.strike under Buhari? You are just ignorant of the issues behind the strike.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Connected1: 7:17pm On Apr 26, 2022
gbengadada2004:

Secondary and Primary Schools wasn't damaged because of the government, that's a fat lie. It's because of the teachers and their wickedness, they sign in and leave school to their shops in the market and other businesses and then they come back to sign out at closing time.
Have you asked your why these teachers were no longer committed to teaching you students these days?
How do you expect them not to leave school to their shops in the market and other businesses when they are being paid peanut?
If any of these teachers is your parent will you support them to stay there with the meagre amount they were being paid without looking for alternative source of income?

I am a product of Government College Ughelli, Delta State and I can tell you that at point when my set was in JSS3 we don't see up to two teachers in a day, not even the form teachers even the so called crs teachers don't come too
I attended public primary and secondary schools in the late 80s, and the teachers were committed to their work.
It is you younger generations that are witnessing what you wrote above.
I am a father but non of my children attended public primary and secondary schools because it has been turned upside down.
And this is what our public Universities will become if ASUU did not take the bull by the horn.
No lecturer love strike because our own children are also victim of these strike actions, however, we must no fold our arms and watch the FG destroy our public universities the way they destroyed public primary and secondary schools.

No one assumes a job is Good enough for them when they start it.

You can't be satisfied especially if you are ambitious.

Those teachers are better than those without jobs.

Just so you know, I work full time at a Multinational Company here in Nigeria and I can tell you that the salary is not enough for my dream lifestyle, that's why I keep pushing to the point I am going to school, doing some side hustles and working, it's very stressful but I know it's worth it, despite all that I don't joke with my job and I do it well because I am being paid for it and until I get a better offer then I can resign.

There's no excuse not to do your job properly, if you are tired of it to the brim of your neck then you should resign and go sought for a better one, you shouldn't use your frustrations to affect others who you don't feed, if they need extra source of income it should be on weekends or after schools, you dae use your Reggae spoil another man Blues.

Nigerians Teachers and Lecturers are wicked, imagine yourself sending your wards to private schools and you are here blaming the government, you went through the system in the 80's, why not fight for it to be as it was in your time.

ASSU is not fighting for Public Universities.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Connected1: 7:22pm On Apr 26, 2022
Spherical77:
you sit comfortably just to make blanket or general statement in a public forum and you assume to have driven home a point right? Not all institutions sells handout. My school doesn't. The whole of my school doesn't sell handout or whataview. However, that doesn't justify other schools doesn't sell or are exception

Students are the ones all after these lecturers begging them with money just to pass . Yes, some of these lecturers might be corrupt no doubt but the students are worst. Most of them are into Yahoo. They bribed just to get a pass mark from the so called lecturers. I know them in my class. Some lecturers will collect their money and still fail them. I'm sure you know them in your class too.

No lecturer would wake up and insist you pay before you can pass his/her course. I don't believe that crap. Except you are dead upstairs and you had no choice than to give in to that. They dey look face to try that shit. No lecturer can threaten any female students for sex, except the student/s does not know her onions.

I'm not in anyway justifying the lecturers for accepting bribe, sex for Mark, sales of handout et al. However, the students gave room for all that. The students are more than corrupt. They cheat in examination hall, smuggle in microchips/mobile phone, copy from themselves et al. Having known the do and don't with cost implications. If not for ASUU public university would have been dead by now. Most of the projects in school today are gotten from external body (not FG) through the so called lecturers. Ordinary power supply to enable the so called lecturers work effectively and students to learn judiciously had been an Herculean task for the FG

To cap it all, ASUP are also warming up for theirs. Are you gonna crucify them too for their demands? They are also corrupt and selfish like their counterparts (ASUU) while FG is the saint here right?

It is well!

You aren't serious.

There are bribe attempts in all walks of life, if you allow yourself to get into the mess then you will have yourself and greed to blame.

I didn't say lecturers tell you to pay before you pass a course rather they force you to buy textbooks which you will submit the assignments together with the textbooks and they awards the assignments as Tests and also set exams from that textbooks.

They ussualy create a worksheet in these textbooks after each chapter for assignments, now tell me one will pass if he doesn't do these assignments.

Guy no justify any rubbish they are doing, you see Teachers/Lecturers/ Pastors/Politicians they are all same.
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by DHaran: 7:23pm On Apr 26, 2022
flejnr2:
And that short man said he is a presidential aspirant! shocked

who Ayade?
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Munamoqel: 7:23pm On Apr 26, 2022
Enskynelson:

Not all University staff are lecturers... I see some of u don't know much of what's happening. Why should politics be the only high paying 'job' in Naija? It shows our priority as a country. We don't deserve good education the government doesn't see its importance.
are you people the only workers in Nigeria ? Why not join oil companies if na money una dey look for ? Or open private University and pay urself as you wish .useless and good for Notting association.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Tonytonex(m): 7:26pm On Apr 26, 2022
Before, where they still being paid without working? Hmmm! This country sef.
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Quodseverismete: 7:26pm On Apr 26, 2022
MY ANNOYANCE IS WITH THE MANNER THIS GOVERNMENT IS DOING THINGS WITH IMPUNITY, they don't care about anyone and anybody .
Election year is the time government used to pampered her citizens and other pressure groups because they don't want to lose elections, but the reverse is the case with this government and nobody can challenge them.

THE SO CALLED NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIAN STUDENTS NANS is weakest and compromised.
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by DHaran: 7:27pm On Apr 26, 2022
flejnr2:
And that short man said he is a presidential aspirant! shocked
who Ayade?
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by onyxo76(m): 7:28pm On Apr 26, 2022
Neoteny7:

100% agree with you.

ASUU is a collection of under-educated egomaniacs out for only their gains while trying to hold their employer to ransom.

These same bunch of incompetent lecturers are as corrupt as the government, commercializing education and treating their careers like a fiefdom where they do as they please to students.

I hate ASUU with passion and I hope they don't get paid and lose their jobs at the end.

can you afford fees in private universities? the lecturers you pray to be sacked will find their way to the private universities where they are needed. remember 12 new private schools were approved just a few weeks ago. once there is mass exodus of academics from the public schools out of frustrations etc, that will be the end of the public universities just what the FG wants, so who loses at the end? the poor students who can't afford high fees.
the lecturers will always find their way.
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by emmyrate1(m): 7:31pm On Apr 26, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Wait o, you mean these Lecturers always get paid as and when due even when strike is on for several months?

No wonder they sometimes extend the strike to 8 months. Some of them even get to Lecture in private Universities during that period. In the end, the students are the ones that would suffer.

The Government might not be doing well but this ASUU people are also very selfish.

I support the "No work, No Pay" rule. At least, that would also make them take things more seriously and reach an agreement as quickly as possible.
your useless politicians will send their children to abroad where the government's provide and pay the lecturers very well, but will fimd it difficult to treat lecturers fine here
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Connected1: 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2022
Enskynelson:

Yes, you are right but we cannot make laws based on those not doing the jobs at the expense of those doing the jobs rightly.

And have u asked yourself why that is rampant? Working condition in the country is terrible. With just a lecturing job and no extra legit business, most lecturers cannot even feed well and take care of their families under this condition. Not justifying their being corrupt but if we must remove corruption from the tertiary institutions, it cannot be effective if these things are not looked into.

The economy is pushing many to the wall and this breeds corruption. If you don't want to tempt your workers from being corrupt, do your part by paying them what they are due, pay their entitlements as at when due; pay their salaries in time; pay them their due allowances. How can you allow someone's allowances to accumulate for more than 5years and u don't expect some persons to give themselves reasons not to come to class as they are supposed to? Yes, even when all these things are in place, some persons will still be corrupt but... As it is right now, the government need to address these issues first before blaming the lecturers.

The EAA you hear, is not last year allowance o. Allowances being owed for years. Come on...
Yet, the government has mouth to talk! Ask Ngige if they are owing him any of his allowances. The ASUU strike remains a product of corruption and the government has more than 70 per cent of the blame.
Teachers and Lecturers feel they deserve more because they teach future leaders.

Entitlement Mentality is very bad.

Doctors treat people but it's the Pastors who receive gifts and appreciations, does that mean they won't treat people, it's your job and in your appointment letter you read everything clearly before signing it.

I am not supporting the government, but I am glad they are using fire for fire.

Who would think that Lecturers are receiving salaries while at home.

That's stealing if you ask me, that's wasting of tax payers money, but when you condemn it they are quick to call out politicians that they are corrupt too.

Bad Examples.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Aaay: 7:41pm On Apr 26, 2022
Really
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Connected1: 7:42pm On Apr 26, 2022
gbengadada2004:

Thank you for the good question. The last strike was suspended based on sympathy for the students after staying at home for several months and COVID-19 lock down. Also, the deceptive government made several promises which till now they never fulfill. After writing severally the government and there was no response, ASUU was left with no other option than to resort to strike.

On how will UTAS prevent public universities from dying, and how will IPPIS kill public universities. IPPIS does not make provision for several peculiarities of University education.
1. Every University in the world engage experts in certain field to work for them for short period of time. IPPIS will not accommodate such, you have to travel to Abuja to have your data captured. And you are accustomed with IPPIS office in Abuja, you can spend 2 weeks there before you achieve you aim. Universities usually engage people that are in industries to teach technical courses in Science and Technology for few period and pay them, however, IPPIS will not allow such.
2. All over the world University lecturers go on sabbatical, and they also engage visiting or adjunct lecturer. IPPIS does not recognize these.
3. Since IPPIS, it is amputated salary that they are paying. Some months no salary.
4. Deductions made from lecturers salaries such as cooperative loan deduction, ASUU dues etc are not remitted to the appropriate parties.
5. Unnecessary deductions, for example, I never subscript to National Housing Scheme neither do I inform the FG that I don't have my personal house but they kept making NHF deductions from lecturers salaries.
These and more are some of the shortcomings of IPPIS. Now UTAS was been developed and it has been tested and proved to have overcomed all these drawbacks but the Almighty FG through NITDA does not want it.

NHF (National Housing Fund/Scheme) is being implemented on both big private organizations, it's not only lecturers/government staffs that face it, it's mandatory.

I can't say about the others.
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by RodeDindu: 8:03pm On Apr 26, 2022
Connected1:

Teachers and Lecturers feel they deserve more because they teach future leaders.

Doctors treat people but it's the Pastors who receive gifts and appreciations, does that mean they won't treat people, it's your job and in your appointment letter you read everything clearly before signing it.

That's stealing if you ask me, that's wasting of tax payers money, but when you condemn it they are quick to call out politicians that they are corrupt too.

Bad Examples.

What do you make out of NNPC staff who have been declaring negative profit figures for over 3 years in the midst of moribund refineries, yet they are recieving Fat salaries, wardrobe allowances, etc.

Yet people fighting the just cause for students and sanity of the educational sector is crucified on the altar of class war.

Truly, we don't know what we want in this country. We keep moving in circles

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by tollyboy5(m): 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2022
jerus:

Sorry to ask,
Undergraduate or Postgraduate
I'm a postgraduate student of the said Uni you mentioned, Qsv to be precise, we buy handouts materials from lecturers
Undergraduate. Infact you can report as an undergraduate if asked to buy handout
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Judolisco(m): 8:28pm On Apr 26, 2022
Connected1:

Integrity test is not like a normal exam where if one scores 70% then he has an A, I saw their statement and I was just laughing.

Integrity test of a system must be 100%, 99.99% cannot be accepted, there are not supposed to be any loopholes so that the system would function without complaints of missing salaries or others.

I hate this ASSU eh
baba which kind machine bdat even for physics a machine cannot be 100% efficient

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by osmoseas(m): 8:31pm On Apr 26, 2022
Get your facts right! UTAS has been tested and scored to be 99.3% by NITDA
UTAS was declared unreliable by NITDA
I dont see any reason why ASUU refuse to comply with IPPS if not to keep earning multiple salaries from different school.

Lecturers and professors too are scams!!! Selling handouts, giving scores by amount of cash, purposefully failing students because of disrespect.

ASUU needs a reorientation

If it's on these bases that you determine the conditions for orientation. Then you need help!! And you need it very fast!! Before you destroy Nigeria the more!

Nobody is above orientation! Nobody!!!! [/quote]

Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Neoteny7: 8:40pm On Apr 26, 2022
onyxo76:

can you afford fees in private universities? the lecturers you pray to be sacked will find their way to the private universities where they are needed. remember 12 new private schools were approved just a few weeks ago. once there is mass exodus of academics from the public schools out of frustrations etc, that will be the end of the public universities just what the FG wants, so who loses at the end? the poor students who can't afford high fees.
the lecturers will always find their way.

Ok apologist.
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Neoteny7: 8:43pm On Apr 26, 2022
kernniejay:

You are not in the system so you don't know shit and it is wise for you to keep shut. ASUU is not the problem of Nigeria, the govt is.
There was an agreement and govt fails to honour the agreement. varsity workers have been writing and seeking the attention of the govt but it seems govt does not recognize education sector. They had to stop working to make govt listen but still no response. Tell me which sector has.not embarked on.strike under Buhari? You are just ignorant of the issues behind the strike.

You're probably the son of a lecturer to be so wildly rude and defensive.

Those people are a cancer to the society. What have they done to justify their salaries? Churning out half baked people such as your humble self only harms the society.

They should not be paid for doing no work.

Now, get the fukk outta here.
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Enskynelson(m): 8:57pm On Apr 26, 2022
Connected1:

Bad Examples.
I appreciate your response but if you read my comment well, the bolded would not be mentioned. I have stated clearly that the government is not keeping to terms of employment (the agitation for improved working condition aside). Allowances are being owed commulatively for more than 5years. Another is the Minimum Wage Allowances. These are terms of employment that the government is not keeping.
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Lucas4903: 9:20pm On Apr 26, 2022
GooodHardDick:
By the time buhari and his brainless administration is done with Nigeria. Una eyes go clear!

Everything is Buhari. Mention which administration that ASUU hasn’t harassed and went on strike while their salaries continues to be paid and yet wanting it to get better and sending the kids home to sit for Months. I am not in anyway supporting this administration but to think this is about Buhari is cluelessness at its finest.
I think it’s high time someone renders ASUU an illegal association. It’s merely a tool to harass any government.
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Stanleyq: 9:24pm On Apr 26, 2022
Then, no pay.....?
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by Lucas4903: 9:24pm On Apr 26, 2022
kernniejay:

Tell us which sector hasn’t went on strike under previous administrations. ASUU is just a tool to harass govt. As if we don’t have university lecturers elsewhere in the world, they all have agitations but love their job. No. ASUU loves money more than their job, they have no regard for the future of the kids they are being paid while on strike to teach. Only money agreements matters to them. Even police went on Strike under Jonathan for the records…..
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by RealityGod: 10:17pm On Apr 26, 2022
tellsblinks:

UTAS was declared unreliable by NITDA
I dont see any reason why ASUU refuse to comply with IPPS if not to keep earning multiple salaries from different school.

Lecturers and professors too are scams!!! Selling handouts, giving scores by amount of cash, purposefully failing students because of disrespect.

ASUU needs a reorientation

If it's on these bases that you determine the conditions for orientation. Then you need help!! And you need it very fast!! Before you destroy Nigeria the more!

Nobody is above orientation! Nobody!!!!

What do you mean by multiple salaries? Where did that ever happen? You just sit in your toilet and write rubbish online.
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by silaswills01(m): 10:18pm On Apr 26, 2022
Them never see anything undecided
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by RealityGod: 10:19pm On Apr 26, 2022
Lucas4903:

Everything is Buhari. Mention which administration that ASUU hasn’t harassed and went on strike while their salaries continues to be paid and yet wanting it to get better and sending the kids home to sit for Months. I am not in anyway supporting this administration but to think this is about Buhari is cluelessness at its finest.
I think it’s high time someone renders ASUU an illegal association. It’s merely a tool to harass any government.

Go ahead and render it na…Whether the government likes it or not they will bow to ASUU pressure.
Re: FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary by RealityGod: 10:20pm On Apr 26, 2022
Lucas4903:

Tell us which sector hasn’t went on strike under previous administrations. ASUU is just a tool to harass govt. As if we don’t have university lecturers elsewhere in the world, they all have agitations but love their job. No. ASUU loves money more than their job, they have no regard for the future of the kids they are being paid while on strike to teach. Only money agreements matters to them. Even police went on Strike under Jonathan for the records…..

See your life…only money matters to them yet there has not been salary increases for the in the last 13years? They fight for schools to get the needed infrastructure and you claim they like money. Mr hate money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK / The Quality Of Nigeria's University Education (Let's Rank Them) / Kogi State University Post Utme Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.