Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas (15866 Views)

EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions / Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. / Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by kramer: 11:00am On Apr 27, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

Will the President sleep in the streets too?

You think every president is like Buhari? cheesy
Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by JumpShots: 11:15am On Apr 27, 2022
Get a chance to work and earn 75,000 Naira by just working from home every month

Offering:

Earn 75,000 Naira writing articles working from home

This project is flexible for full time workers. Just 3-4 hours of work activity per day is all you need to do this

Hurry up and apply today

Send in your application via WhatsApp to 0-7-0-5-4-0-1-1-4-5-4

It's strictly on first come, first serve basis..

Good Luck
Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by edosignature(m): 11:27am On Apr 27, 2022
Russia has resume gas supplies to Poland again.

The Polish people ask their government to negotiate with the Russians or they face massive civil disturbance.

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Zoola91(m): 11:36am On Apr 27, 2022
You are the one typing mud from attacking his suggestion. Give us your own idea!
sosanova:

Stop typing thrash from ur mud room
Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Kingsnairaland(m): 11:40am On Apr 27, 2022
seunny4lif:
AUSTRIA AND THE AUSTRIAN OMV HAS ACCEPTED THE TERMS OF PAYMENT FOR RUSSIAN GAS IN RUBLES - AUSTRIAN CHANCELLOR
https://apa.az/en/europe/austria-agrees-to-pay-for-russian-gas-in-rubles-374600
Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 27, 2022
Transcriber:
I don't support any evil.
I love to see the evils flatten themselves out
The three can check and balance themselves.
Not this trash the US is doing.

I always ask US fanboys this beautiful question.
with the recent persuasion of African countries by the US to accept LGBTQ, why can't they try to persuade their biggest ally Saudi Arabia to accept it?
Why?
Because the deals between them is very expensive to destroy, so the US overlooks all their madness, as far as their own billions are coming they don't give no fuckks

I hate when grown up adults write something so confidently and one would wonder if it was a goat in human form that developed typing skills.
Where you expecting the US to invade Saudi like Russia as well because of LGBTQ.
Even Nigeria that rejected it where they cut off by the US.
How do people really get this daft for God,s sake.
Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Kingsnairaland(m): 11:47am On Apr 27, 2022
Minjim:

It's Bulgaria that is complaining that Russia breached the contract. Go read again.

Poland is only appealing to other countries to do what Poland is doing in other free themselves from Russia's tyranny.

If you've been following the news you'll know Poland is not planning to renew its gas contract which expires at the end of this year with Russia.
A pipeline with Lithuania will open on Monday and another with Sweden or Norway, I can't recall which country now, will open by October.

This Russia issue won't even need them digging into their reserve according to the Energy minister

He previously stated it is "not possible" for the European Union to impose sanctions on Russian gas.

Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Walkee: 11:49am On Apr 27, 2022
PerfectlyPerfect:
I'd like to see how they'll do that. When the cold starts biting, they'll be forced to change their minds
by buying from Germany who will increase their import from Russia. maggots irritate me so I use leaves to pick it up and put it in my mouth
Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 27, 2022
Bobmarie:

Why should they? You guys don't accept your own cultures... Why on earth should they? Those Arab nations still stick to their religion and culture. So much so that both are intertwined.

You dare call Christianity African culture. My guy, you're a fool o. Christianity that white people brought for you on a platter. You're here claiming it as Kenyan Christian culture. Are you even reading what you are writing?

You are not more Christian than they are. If there can accept gays and go to church. You ought to accept them too. Besides you are currently living the white man's culture. You wear their clothes, speak their language, use their technology and worship their God.

Please take a seat and stop commenting. It's getting obvious that you lack the ability to think.

That guy's posts are nauseating to say the least, stop responding and save ur precious time, not sure he is even reading them, such a shameless overgrown dummy. Puke..
Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Demolakay: 12:10pm On Apr 27, 2022
Igbofam:

Why are you lying so unashamedly?

Which European Union is working our modalities to accept Russia's demand?

Is it the same European Union who are already working on alternative sources of gas supply or complete phasing out of it?

Even Germany has commenced a phasing out of Russian fossil fuels and you are there typing absolute nonsense
Get ur news from d right source.As at Saturday von DER leyen,d European union chief said dey are already working out modalities on paying Russia in Roubles without infringing on d sanctions dat are in place.phasing out Russia gas will take Europe more Dan ten to twenty years! do u tink building of pipelines ND other logistics is beans,do u knw how many years it took Russia ND Germany to build d NORD 1 pipeline? It's easy for Dem to phase out Russian oil,but phasing out Russian gas will cause chaos in Europe.

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by anonymous1759(m): 12:13pm On Apr 27, 2022
Igbofam:
[s][/s]

Rubbles is only valuable in Russia. Outside Russia it is as useless as a used tissue paper.

Poland would not be buying Russian gas from Germany. Did you even read the OP at all?

Poland would be getting supplies from the Lithuanian LNG terminal from May 1st and the Norwegian Baltic gas pipelines which would be coming online in October.

Right now because of the onset of summer they would not be needing Russian gas so much.

Make una dey try read instead of spreading your ignorance around like corona virus

Instead of you to read wide you're spewing thrash go and read news from other outlets Instead of sitting and waiting for OP to spoon feed you. Poland will be getting gas from Germany soon . I don't know if niaraland op will bring it on nairaland so you can see. No wonder must of your likes are ignorant it's simply because you don't bother to get information from other source.
Austria has made it official to buy gas in Rubles I bet if you don't see it on NL you won't know . Better expand your scope before you disgrace yourself publicly.
Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Zimzy(m): 12:16pm On Apr 27, 2022
PerfectlyPerfect:
I'd like to see how they'll do that. When the cold starts biting, they'll be forced to change their minds
Before Russia gas to there were people who had survived many years. They already have a backup plan even though it might come with some difficulties. This is an European country and not Africa that hardly have any emergency plans.
Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Brume001: 12:29pm On Apr 27, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
Lol
But the President and his family won't manage o

I see a bloody uprising in Poland soon

Lies. this news shocked you. No dirty uprising in this dead country since na come for poland wey wan cut off by the end of the year before. you are pained bro. Russia will fall economically. There is no stopping it
Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Igbofam: 12:40pm On Apr 27, 2022
anonymous1759:

Instead of you to read wide you're spewing thrash go and read news from other outlets Instead of sitting and waiting for OP to spoon feed you. Poland will be getting gas from Germany soon . I don't know if niaraland op will bring it on nairaland so you can see. No wonder must of your likes are ignorant it's simply because you don't bother to get information from other source.
Austria has made it official to buy gas in Rubles I bet if you don't see it on NL you won't know . Better expand your scope before you disgrace yourself publicly.

You mean read wide like reading from TASS The lying Russian media? Sorry I will pass

And by the way the Austrian Chancellor has refuted your LYING TASS PROPAGANDA about Austria paying for Russian gas in Rubles. grin

The lies from Putin media has eroded your thinking faculty

Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Igbofam: 12:43pm On Apr 27, 2022
Demolakay:

Get ur news from d right source.As at Saturday von DER leyen,d European union chief said dey are already working out modalities on paying Russia in Roubles without infringing on d sanctions dat are in place.phasing out Russia gas will take Europe more Dan ten to twenty years! do u tink building of pipelines ND other logistics is beans,do u knw how many years it took Russia ND Germany to build d NORD 1 pipeline? It's easy for Dem to phase out Russian oil,but phasing out Russian gas will cause chaos in Europe.

You Russian lying bots lie so shamelessly. The way Russian lying news media TASS keeps playing Ludo with your brains is amazing grin

Do you mean this same EU Chief Van De Leyen who said the attached today ? grin

I would like to believe that today being Wednesday is more recent than your Saturday claim grin

THEY ARE NOT WORKING ON ANY SINGLE MODALITY TO PAY RUSSIA IN RUBLES

You Russian bots are having your brain fingered to orgasm by Lying Russia media and it makes you lot look very stupid to say the least cheesy

Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Minjim: 12:52pm On Apr 27, 2022
Lemme tell you unfolding events

�� Germany: It's impossible to enact oil sanctions against Russia.

�� Poland: You can ship oil to Gdansk & from there via our pipeline network to �� Germany.

Poland and Germany announced a deal, making oil sanctions possible.

4 hours later �� Russia stops gas flows to Poland �� to scare Germany �� away from oil sanctions

Kingsnairaland:

He previously stated it is "not possible" for the European Union to impose sanctions on Russian gas.

Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by DannyFX2638: 12:52pm On Apr 27, 2022
Na during winter we go know who can manage and who cannot manage

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Igbofam: 12:56pm On Apr 27, 2022
DannyFX2638:
Na during winter we go know who can manage and who cannot manage

I would like to believe they understand their weather and how to cope with it more than you do. You should focus on your harmattan and rainy season
Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by NobleMRI: 1:09pm On Apr 27, 2022
edogu:

If Russia don't sell their oil will they drink it? Russia is hugely on the loosing side

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61237519
Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Kingcalls: 1:26pm On Apr 27, 2022
sosanova:

Stop typing thrash from ur mud room

U must b very stupid...must everyone agree with ur opinion.... he had his opinion abd u had urs but u chose to insult him for his opinion...thats how u people look for trouble here
Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by baralatie(m): 1:39pm On Apr 27, 2022
edosignature:
Russia has resume gas supplies to Poland again.

The Polish people ask their government to negotiate with the Russians or they face massive civil disturbance.
Lobatan
Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2022
EU to boost Russian gas imports through countries willing to pay in rubles – media
© Getty Images / DarioEgidi
The European Union plans to significantly increase the purchase of Russian natural gas through countries that are ready to pay for the commodity in rubles, TASS news agency reported on Wednesday citing a government source in Brussels.

“An emergency meeting of the Gas Coordinating Group took place today in view of the situation in Poland and Bulgaria. A temporary decision was made to significantly increase gas purchases from Russia through the remaining channels, which will allow Poland and Bulgaria to purchase additional volumes of gas on the European market. The EU is also working with all partners to ensure an increase in gas supplies, primarily liquefied natural gas (LNG),” the source was cited as saying.

The move is aimed to compensate for the lack of supplies to Poland and Bulgaria after Russian energy giant Gazprom announced that it would no longer deliver gas to the two countries due to their refusal to adhere to the new ruble-based gas payment mechanism. Last month, Russia demanded that buyers from “unfriendly” countries open ruble accounts in a Russian bank for the transfer of payments. The measure covers only the countries that placed sanctions on Moscow over Russia’s military operation in Ukraine.

Poland ramps up reverse gas supplies from Germany READ MORE: Poland ramps up reverse gas supplies from Germany
“In the long term, EU countries confirm their intention in the shortest possible timeframe – within months or years – to minimize or completely end the supply of gas from Russia, replacing it with other sources. The EU will speed up the transition to green energy,” the source added, echoing earlier statements by various EU officials who called on the bloc to reduce its reliance on Russian gas in light of the events in Ukraine.

The source noted that, according to EU estimates, Poland and Bulgaria are not likely to experience a shortage of gas in the nearest future and have the technical ability to receive both pipeline gas from the European market and LNG. He added, however, that Brussels views the termination of supplies to Warsaw and Sofia on the basis of their refusal to pay in rubles “as a violation by Russia of long-term contracts with these countries.”

Earlier on Wednesday, Bloomberg reported that at least 10 European companies have opened accounts to pay for Russian gas in rubles, and four of them have already made payments in accordance with Moscow’s new demand. The publication cited a source in Gazprom as saying Russia is unlikely to halt supplies to any more countries, should they refuse the new payment requirement, until the second half of May when the next payments are due.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Transcriber: 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2022
hornetclair:

I hate when grown up adults write something so confidently and one would wonder if it was a goat in human form that developed typing skills.
Where you expecting the US to invade Saudi like Russia as well because of LGBTQ.
Even Nigeria that rejected it where they cut off by the US.
How do people really get this daft for God,s sake.
re read my post and show me where "invade" is cheesy
Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Transcriber: 1:47pm On Apr 27, 2022
KaLuCh:

Bros go rest na. Which kind thing be this
lol
E dey pain you?
Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Transcriber: 1:49pm On Apr 27, 2022
Bobmarie:
Judging by the conversation, you either lack the ability to think critically or your knowledge of history and international politics is quite flawed.

No offense but I’m surprised he engaged you this long. He must be bored and that’s very good. At least he’s not cheating. angry
lol
E sure me say e dey cheat

That your guy no get sense
Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by smallrincowis16(m): 1:51pm On Apr 27, 2022
Igbofam:
[s][/s]

Rubbles is only valuable in Russia. Outside Russia it is as useless as a used tissue paper.

Poland would not be buying Russian gas from Germany. Did you even read the OP at all?

Poland would be getting supplies from the Lithuanian LNG terminal from May 1st and the Norwegian Baltic gas pipelines which would be coming online in October.

Right now because of the onset of summer they would not be needing Russian gas so much.

Make una dey try read instead of spreading your ignorance around like corona virus

I don't know where you guys intentionally become so sum or jut pure hatred, since yesterday, there has been increase in reverse gas from Germany to Poland, check Reuters, Ben bloomberge quoted that atlear 10 entities has enlisted in the ruble for gas scheme and 4 entities paid

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by VOICEofORIENTAL: 2:02pm On Apr 27, 2022
Igbofam:

You Russian lying bots lie so shamelessly. The way Russian lying news media TASS keeps playing Ludo with your brains is amazing grin

I would like to believe that today being Wednesday is more recent than your Saturday claim grin

You Russian bots are having your brain fingered to orgasm by Lying Russia media and it makes you lot look very stupid to say the least cheesy
The way those Buddha & Hindu worshippers in Nigeria behave is abhorring.

Their only news sources are; TASS,Ria novosty 1 & 2,RT or Tik Tok.

It should be noted that these media outlets are government owned..no independent media outlets exist in today's Russia.

As at today, it's only Hungary & Serbia that is still hindering the gas embargo in the EU.. but the EU will certainly find a way around it with the passage of time.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 27, 2022
The EU has no shame and no balls.
Austria is paying, Hungary is paying, Serbia is paying, over 7 EU countries are paying, Germany has agreed to pay, but its payments are due by may 20. Poland that is shouting that it will not pay on the media is buying thesame Russian gas via reverse flow from Germany! Is that not same as paying since Germany will end up paying more to cover for Poland? Huh, is this not public display of stupidity?

Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 27, 2022
Transcriber:
lol
E sure me say e dey cheat

That your guy no get sense
What an irony.
Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Transcriber: 2:33pm On Apr 27, 2022
Bobmarie:
What an irony.
have a nice day
Greet your guy for me cheesy
Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Demolakay: 3:24pm On Apr 27, 2022
Igbofam:

pls where in wat u posted did she say dey will not pay Russia in Rubles,I told you wat she said on Saturday,ur showing me d statement she made about Russia switching off d gas off Poland ND Bulgaria.Europe will continue to buy Russia gas,by d tym dey all agree to pay in Rubles,I will come back here to mock u.Europe don't av any alternatives as of now to subtitle Russia gas.know Dat ND knw peace.
Re: Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas by Igbofam: 3:30pm On Apr 27, 2022
Demolakay:

pls where in wat u posted did she say dey will not pay Russia in Rubles,I told you wat she said on Saturday,ur showing me d statement she made about Russia switching off d gas off Poland ND Bulgaria.Europe will continue to buy Russia gas,by d tym dey all agree to pay in Rubles,I will come back here to mock u.Europe don't av any alternatives as of now to subtitle Russia gas.know Dat ND knw peace.

Please where in what she posted did she say they were working out modalities to pay in Rubles?

EU will not pay in Rubles. I will be here to mock you daily on this salient fact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez / War In Sudan: Over 9 Million People Displaced / Israel Resumes Combat Against Hamas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.