Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? (4990 Views)

Short Guy, Tall Girl Couple. .the Best Combination! / Video Of The Couple Having Sex At OAU Gate / Is This Couple The Definition Of True Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 11, 2011
Yeah!! Cool
She deserve the Sack, why would she Leave the Boss behind On a trip to Bananas er. . .bahamas?!
cheesy
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by topsy1971: 7:23am On Jul 11, 2011
The Boss must have thought deeply before taking the decision to sack her. In my candid opinion, I support the sacking for gross indiscipline and potential corruption of other colleagues in the office. We all know that precedence is difficult to amend. If such action is not taken on her, other co-workers might start to request for vacations or work-free breaks under flimsy excuses.
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by cap28: 9:48am On Jul 11, 2011
It all depends on the reason that she gave for taking time off.

If she lied and said she needed to take time off to mourn her loss but didnt mention anything about leaving the country then perhaps this is why the boss reacted in this way - he probably thought that she used her child's loss as an excuse to take a 4 week relaxing break in the bahamas.

if on the other hand she told her boss that she needed to take time out abroad with her husband to get over her loss and the boss STILL sacked her then he is wrong and she can sue for unfair dismisal -(dont know anything about employment law in the US) but your ability to sue for unfair dismisal here in the UK depends on whether or not you are in permanent employment and lenght of service.
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by kindla(f): 10:36am On Jul 11, 2011
Ivynwa:

Chineke Nna which one is mourning moon again 190, what are we not going to hear from you?? grin

All those facebooking madness sha, methinks that there should be a limit to that.

emmatok:

It is not an annual leave/holiday.

If your boss gives you a sick leave, he expect you to be taking care of yourself.

If he gives you study leave, he expects you to be studying or writing and exam.

She was given the holiday specifically to mourn her kid and not for partying.

If she didn't loss her child, the boss won't give her that holiday.

The boss can decide not to give her that holiday, it is at his discretion.

Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 11, 2011
[size=15pt]Did i read this right? shocked, Going to the Bahamas to morn?[/size]
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by gwenevier: 10:54am On Jul 11, 2011
Lol
Confusion
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by POTUT(m): 11:16am On Jul 11, 2011
Reading the subject, I thought the company that sacked them eventually found out their excuse for a break was a lie.

Different people have different ways of mourning. Some won't eat, others do not want to receive any visitors, some others want to change the subject immediately (perhaps by going on a rare, exotic holiday).

At the couple, I would frown for uploading the pics on FB for everyone to see. It is pointless telling/showing everyone how you mourn. It is your private affair!

The boss is just what he is, a BOSS!

BTW, did this happen in Nigeria? It sounds unconventional.
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by BABE3: 11:18am On Jul 11, 2011
POTUT:

BTW, did this happen in Nigeria?

No. It happened in Ghana.
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by joyceereal(f): 4:08pm On Jul 11, 2011
the couple is at fault, the boss have done well and facebook, aproko(amebo) smiley
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by maclatunji: 4:51pm On Jul 11, 2011
D tin wey Facebook go cause, Zuckerberg no go fit handle am! Seriously, the moral of the story is: do everything in moderation. A boss has the right the hire and fire at will, that is what I was taught in school. The couple can write an international bestseller titled: "How Not to Mourn" I can be their ghostwriter if my fees are paid. cheesy
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 11, 2011
you can't punish someone for mourning the way they want to mourn. i hope for the boss's sake he/she has a legitimate reason for firing the wife, otherwise a lawsuit will surely be on the way.
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by johnjoel(m): 5:36pm On Jul 11, 2011
cry kiss

Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by PureOhio(f): 5:43pm On Jul 11, 2011
The boss is a jerk. lol. There's nothing wrong in going to the bahamas to "mourn".  undecided  grin They couple shouldn't have uploaded the pictures the way they did too. Oh well.
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by lastpage: 10:15pm On Jul 11, 2011
I really don understand what this world is turning into?

Like "mourning for a day, crying for a week or ripping-off your hair and banging your head against a wall", can bring back a dead child?

Baby is dead and that is it, s/he has gone to "rest". Period.
Should parents "die-follow" to prove their love?

You feel the Pain, YES but we all dont react to pain/joy in the same way!
Some cry "tears of joy" while some just go bunkers for the same reason!

Again, if you give her "time-off" due to the loss of the baby, of what benefit will she be to the Coy, on return, if she/he spent it "locked-up" in a dark and dinghy cupboard, just to show us they were very sad?

Why do we humans of this last generation "enjoy all the wicked hings of life"? (crying, feeling sad, watching gruesome horror movies, bad tales about other people, scandals, bloody plots and nasty stuffs like that!)

Hmmm, as for FaceBook, l guess anyone who gets fired, hacked or "put beyond repair" as a result of FaceBook, deserves it 100%, afterall, we have been warned, over and over again!

Now, up there in my last paragraph, dont l sound like one of the same people l just spoke about? shocked shocked

BTW: That Boss (l suspect she is a winch-woman grin ) Evil all through!
Stalking your staff on FB!
Now, l am going to delete all "my friends and enemies" on my FB account! wink grin
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by Rastamann: 8:25am On Jul 13, 2011
People should watch what post on facebook or any social networking site as they may back fire one way or the other.
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by Saipro(m): 11:45pm On Jul 13, 2011
It's truly none of my biz but I can't help myself - I've gotta let it out: that's a really weird way to grieve; unless the interval is all warped . . . .
Re: Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? by vizion: 8:12am On Jul 15, 2011
going for a 4 weeks trip in the Bahamas is not a proper way to mourn a loved one that died (it does not show respect for one who died an untimely death -did she also have sex with her husband the night the child died??)

if she was going there to get over a divorce thats acceptable

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Most Women Pick Their Men / ix) / Woman Born Without A Vagina(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.