Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood (2636 Views)

Flood Sweeps Away UNIBEN Student As He Drowns In Abuja / Adekunle Ajasin University Final Year Student Swept Off By Flood In Ondo State / Students Seen Climbing Transformer Fence In A Bid To Cross Flood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Maynman: 8:16pm On Apr 29, 2022
Victerica:

Hmmmmm...But do you ponder about it?

Of course, I do ponder on my assumptions.
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 6:42am On Apr 30, 2022
Victerica:

But how, did humans come into existence?
We just did , through years and years of evolution , I know this is not convincing enough but isnt the biblical version far fetched?.....
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 30, 2022
Lol.
Humanbeing and imaginary events can't be separated.
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 4:28pm On May 03, 2022
Khaleepha5681:
Lol.

Humanbeing and imaginary events can't be separated.
Thanks to consciousness.
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Victerica(m): 4:42am On May 05, 2022
TheSourcerer:
We just did , through years and years of evolution , I know this is not convincing enough but isnt the biblical version far fetched?.....

What started the evolution?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 5:19am On May 05, 2022
Victerica:

it has always been there , planets evolve , stars evolve so yeah .
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Victerica(m): 8:25pm On May 05, 2022
TheSourcerer:
it has always been there , planets evolve , stars evolve do yeah .

So that means, the evolution will continue...

Humans will evolve?
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 6:25am On May 06, 2022
Victerica:

Humans will evolve?
yes , possibly as the atmosphere changes , sun becomes hotter...or a drastic climate change that would force adaptation and evolution., although we have reached a point we don't need to evolve any more , we literally removed ourselves from our natural enviromennt to what we want , we don't run to catch/hunt food , or need bigger arm and longer arms to hold down prey and strike deadly blows, smaller brains to just hunt and have sex , evolution already gave us the biggest brain for our size...smiley
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 6:32am On May 06, 2022
Victerica:

need for adaptation , need for the first conscious essence to survive this then cruel hot planet .
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 10:27am On May 06, 2022
Victerica:

Humans will evolve?
yes even technological advancement cannot stop evolution , the Inertia (rotation) of the earth , the sun .....galaxies are evolution
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 10:28am On May 06, 2022
Victerica:

Humans will evolve?
Are you Theist ? I would really not like to talk to one now , unless you really want to know ....... Bless your day Vic
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Victerica(m): 3:41pm On May 07, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Are you Theist ? I would really not like to talk to one now , unless you really want to know ....... Bless your day Vic

I am a Philosopher!

You can talk to me, I want to know!
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 9:26pm On May 07, 2022
Victerica:

I am a Philosopher!

You can talk to me, I want to know!
yes humans will evolve.....

Take for instance I forcefully place my finger in a key hole , do you know In next 30 years my finger would take perfect the shape of this key hole , on a larger spectrum thats evolution .the finger evolved to adapt to its current situation
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by seunH: 7:43am On May 08, 2022
TheSourcerer:

Take for instance I forcefully place my finger in a key hole , do you know In next 30 years my finger would take perfect the shape of this key hole , on a larger spectrum thats evolution .the finger evolved to adapt to its current situation
But sir, you won't be able to pass the trait to the next generation. That adaptation would die with you because it's not genetic hence evolution would not occur
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 8:55am On May 08, 2022
seunH:
But sir, you won't be able to pass the trait to the next generation. That adaptation would die with you because it's not genetic hence evolution would not occur
if my son and his sons all stick their finger into this hole as their great grad father ,grand father ,father before them did they surely would be a change in the finger different from their regular peers who their fathers never had to put a finger in the keyhole, there's a Japanese tradition in a remote village the longer your neck the more suited you are ,they used rings to make sure their necks are kept strsght and long and yes these Japanese children all naturally had longer necks them the regular people .
So you do not believe evolution is taking /took place?

1 Like

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by seunH: 10:46am On May 08, 2022
TheSourcerer:
if my son and his sons all stick their finger into this hole as their great grad father ,grand father ,father before them did they surely would be a change in the finger different from their regular peers who their fathers never had to put a finger in the keyhole, there's a Japanese tradition in a remote village the longer your neck the more suited you are ,they used rings to make sure their necks are kept strsght and long and yes these Japanese children all naturally had longer necks them the regular people .
So you do not believe evolution is taking /took place?
Let 100 generations put their fingers in a key hole, if there is no change in the genetic make up of such individuals, there would be no trait to pass to the next generation hence no evolution

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by budaatum: 6:31pm On May 10, 2022

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Maynman: 6:34pm On May 10, 2022
https://www.britannica.com/topic/Utnapishtim
Epic of Gilgamesh comes from Mesopotamia, the Semitic tribe(Shem) also comes from Mesopotamia, Noah was born in a Mesopotamia state.

The Noah flood story were copied poorly from epic of Gilgamesh, the Sumerian texts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Maynman: 6:51pm On May 10, 2022
They were been half smart, and listed the flood stories in different accounts but all these stories come from the same origin which is the Mesopotamia state, the Sumerian text. All the 3 accounts comes from one source.
What get tricky here is that you see how they talked about only “epic of Gilgamesh” and left other accounts out.

If they had explained the other accounts it would have contradicted what they said about epic of Gilgamesh which is literally a Sumerian text, all the accounts comes from one source.
Not surprising why they did that, it’s from a Judaism website the same sect that copied it from the Sumerian texts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Victerica(m): 1:46pm On May 11, 2022
TheSourcerer:

Hmmmmm!

My brother, I no go lie you oooo, Evolution is real... The mind evolves!

However, there is a God who started and controls this Evolution!
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 3:04pm On May 11, 2022
Victerica:

Hmmmmm!

Why do you believe God is real though smiley
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Victerica(m): 4:02pm On May 11, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Why do you believe God is real though smiley

Because of the mysterious nature of life!

Because of the presence of good and bad!

Because of mystery of sleeping and waking up!

And more!
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 4:23pm On May 11, 2022
Victerica:

And more!
Hmmmm I see.

Because of the mysterious Nature of life ?
There's nothing mysterious about life ,I f you have sex sperms and eggs meet , even rats do this bacteria too , nothing special /mysterious about 'life' , its just another circumstance

Because of the presence of Good and bad ?
This dosnt give reasons I would say I would worship a god (s) because of the existence of good and evil , if you say because of fear it will be more relatable ...smiley
Good things happen ,bad things happen , be a moslem , a non believer , a vodum practitioner , all are prone to both good and bad happening to them , infact its what keeps balance ... Even in the animal kingdom ......same rules applies

Because of the mystery of Sleeping and waking up?

Hmmm you seem to worship your god because of your fear of the unknown (mystism ) which is synonymous to fraud , anything mystic is usually fraudulently presented .....
So tell me why do you love God or why do you think God loves you
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 4:28pm On May 11, 2022
Victerica:

And more!

And more.....?

I'll like to hear them smiley
Its okay if you feel there's no more though
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Victerica(m): 4:00am On May 12, 2022
TheSourcerer:

And more.....?

I'll like to hear them smiley
Its okay if you feel there's no more though

Now, why do you feel that there is no God?
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by seunH: 6:59am On May 12, 2022
Victerica:

Hmmmmm!

My brother, you are right, evolution is real. For example, the prevalence of AS Genotype in Sub-Saharan Africa shows that when Genetic mutation occurs, n
Natural selection can make mutated genes to adapt, same for tuskless elephants in Mozambique, even our dark skin pigment are all evidence of evolution in action. But are they capable of bringing about new individuals, for example me and you, catfishes, goats, lions, iroko trees and all both plant and animals species we see? The answer is capital NO
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Victerica(m): 8:02am On May 12, 2022
seunH:
My brother, you are right, evolution is real. For example, the prevalence of AS Genotype in Sub-Saharan Africa shows that when Genetic mutation occurs, n
Natural selection can make mutated genes to adapt, same for tuskless elephants in Mozambique, even our dark skin pigment are all evidence of evolution in action. But are they capable of bringing about new individuals, for example me and you, catfishes, goats, lions, iroko trees and all both plant and animals species we see? The answer is capital NO

So you are saying that there is a God, right?
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by seunH: 8:12am On May 12, 2022
Victerica:

So you are saying that there is a God, right?
There is no other explanation without sounding stupid, so Yes
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Victerica(m): 1:20pm On May 12, 2022
seunH:
There is no other explanation without sounding stupid, so Yes

Which is the best way to God?
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by seunH: 1:22pm On May 12, 2022
Victerica:

Which is the best way to God?
Sincere worship and love your neighbors as yourself
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Victerica(m): 1:24pm On May 12, 2022
seunH:
Sincere worship and love your neighbors as yourself

Sincere worship through Christianity?
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by seunH: 1:35pm On May 12, 2022
Victerica:

Sincere worship through Christianity?
Your personal decision sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Study Abroad (USA) Journey 2020-2022 / Osun State University 2012/2013 Predegree Programme / 8key Advantages Of Attending A Nigerian Private University.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.