Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,506 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? (26872 Views)

Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? / Since You Know Your Partner Is Not Satisfying You, Why Accept To Marry & Cheat / Woman Celebrates As Her Husband Marries A Second Wife (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by jossytech(m): 10:56pm On Apr 28, 2022
adeotiabdulaziz:
ur house or the one he built with his hard earned money

LoL ����� women n trouble na 5&6
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Friend22(m): 10:56pm On Apr 28, 2022
Prettygirl200:
Godforbid that I will ever be a second wife to any man. And no man born of a woman will bring in another woman into my house. The day I discover my husband is cheating, from that day he stops touching cux I will not Bleep a dick that is being shared with another woman. Peace!!!!

Go and siddot joor.
Even Mrs Judy Judith Yul's 2 said same- emotional reaction.
But how e end?!
.I more honorable and self preserving to be a second,third or fourth wife than a sexmate,baby mama or side chick.
In fact, none of those had more respect than a wife.

In Islam too,there is nothing like first or second wife.
Everybody gets a equitable right.

Do yiuquote author=Friend22 post=112360332]

Let them marry and let's see how this shallow logic works.
Biologically it will back fire.

Paternity test is a sure thing.
In the end they lost![/quote] thin
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by jossytech(m): 11:03pm On Apr 28, 2022
LollySeaSide:

Polygamy is not legal in Nigeria.
It might interest you to know that even though polygamy is neither legal nor illegal, it is unlawful in Nigeria.
No marriage registry will issue a certificate of marriage to a man who is already married and has an existing marriage certificate.
That is why people go through divorce and settlements before taking another wife.
States governed by sharia law allow polygamy within the context of their local laws. Still, they can not issue more than one marriage certificate to a man at any given time.

How much have you earn with your marriage certificate. Nonsense
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Divoc19(f): 11:04pm On Apr 28, 2022
Plenty money and firmness as a man will do for me.
00FFT00:

What attendant qualities will define this modern-day Solomon if I may inquire madam?.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Pimine: 11:05pm On Apr 28, 2022
Prettygirl200:
Godforbid that I will ever be a second wife to any man. And no man born of a woman will bring in another woman into my house. The day I discover my husband is cheating, from that day he stops touching cux I will not Bleep a dick that is being shared with another woman. Peace!!!!
Aswearugaaad

If you pause your responsibility towards me, then mine towards you ends. You can't be doing iyanga with püssy for me. Men are scarce, but there's an abundance of women who will happily take your place. Think on that before you shīt for church.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Ifeanyicosta(m): 11:07pm On Apr 28, 2022
adeotiabdulaziz:
ur house or the one he built with his hard earned money
Bros no vex she no know when she type am.....red pill is golden.dis women don't love u,they just want to control u and own u alone, n ur property indirectly through marriage.person never marry she don de begin claim house.marriage na big scam
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Rico94: 11:46pm On Apr 28, 2022
Second wife is almost close to being the first wife, why not go for a number like 40th wife, most ladies don't care about the numbers they may fall in among the wives as long as there is money flowing anyhow they are ok, there is nothing to debate on these topic as long as there is kudi.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by NaBanga: 2:54am On Apr 29, 2022
It is best for women to save money from an early age and also build a house. When trouble hits, they can take their children and rest without much confusion. The way Yul and his "second wife" have shamed May on social media broke my heart. May is a good woman according to what I have heard. It is reported Pete Edochie has condemned this new marriage, which further shows that May is a good person.

If May had her own money, she could take her children to another country and live in peace. If May steps out of the picture and remains quiet, Yul and new woman will turn against each other. As long as May is there to fight, the new woman will bow down to Yul's every wish.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by possibilita(m): 5:44am On Apr 29, 2022
I don't know about y'all but polygamy is our heritage, those ladies shouting "God forbid" should go back to their forefathers and ask questions.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by mirexxx(f): 6:31am On Apr 29, 2022
2braithe:

Only a yeye man will marry a woman inside her own house.
If she likes she should have 10 houses.We are living in mine.
lol alright
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by LollySeaSide: 7:47am On Apr 29, 2022
addictiv:

Wrong Sir... When you say something is not legal.. It means its illegal and not recognised by law. However in Nigeria a man can LEGALLY marry ass man wives as he deems fit irrespective of geography and religion. The traditional marriage is absolutely recognised by the customary courts.
Please refer to The Marriage Act, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, Chp 28, Sct 35 (1).
In case you don't have access to the document, this is what it says:

"No marriage in Nigeria shall be valid where either of the parties thereto at the time of the celebration of such marriage is married under customary law to any person other than the person with whom such marriage is had."

Did you know that the old Criminal Code of Lagos State Cap C17, section 370 prescribed seven years jail term for bigamy?
The law was amended only in 2011 and the jail term removed.

Now to the bolded in your comment, in law, something that is not legal is not necessary illegal, it is only "not legal".
Just as a glass that is " not full" is not necessarily "empty" and a man that is "not tall" is not necessarily "short". Also, water that is "not hot" is not necessarily "cold".

Something can only judged illegal only when it is criminal and punishable under relevant sections of the law no matter what section of the section it occurs.
Theft, for instance, is a crime whether or occurs in the village, city, inside the church or mosque or wherever.
That's not the case with bigamy/polygamy.
The laws of bigamy only applies when a man/woman legally married to a woman/man somehow manages to marry another woman/man in a marriage registry thereby holding two marriage " valid" certificates at the same time.
If a man/woman marries another woman/ man anywhere else but a marriage registry (church, mosque, village), the law does not apply because the latter marriage is not recognised by law.
I hope you can understand my explanation?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by delpee(f): 8:13am On Apr 29, 2022
Truvelisback:
I love the drama in Polygamy. If A dey fumble or misbehave, u go just move to B until A head correct. It would bring competition btw the 2 wives on who to win ur heart and gain ur attention the most. It would also bring a quick adjustment in the way they behave.

Hmmm! Probably in the past and among non achievers who depend on their husband for everything.

The reason why there's insecurity everywhere today is mainly due to overpopulation, arising from polygamy/ too many baby mamas, without adequate provision for the children, in terms of moral upbringing and education. We know that not all single/abandoned mums are capable of bringing up their kids alone. In cases where the man dies, the problem multiplies.

Any man who wants to practice polygamy should go for traditional wedding only and inform his wife of his intentions. Of course, there are women who won't mind.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by frleopardo: 8:48am On Apr 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Well, if the man wants the second wife so bad, he would need to first divorce the wife in order to do that or risk being sued for bigamy under the marriage act. undecided

The wife can divorce him on grounds of fornication and move on to remarrying someone else in that case. undecided
Bigamy? Does that law work in Nigeria? What are its punishments? If it works, why are first wives not suing their husband?
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by RillJ(m): 8:54am On Apr 29, 2022
Regina Daniels said TUFIAKWA severally b4 Bros Ned came into the photo!

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Truvelisback(m): 9:45am On Apr 29, 2022
delpee:

Hmmm! Probably in the past and among non achievers who depend on their husband for everything.

The reason why there's insecurity everywhere today is mainly due to overpopulation, arising from polygamy/ too many baby mamas, without adequate provision for the children, in terms of moral upbringing and education. We know that not all single/abandoned mums are capable of bringing up their kids alone. In cases where the man dies, the problem multiplies.

Any man who wants to practice polygamy should go for traditional wedding only and inform his wife of his intentions. Of course, there are women who won't mind.
In most cases, some women's nagging and frequent quarrelling behaviour prompted some men to have 2nd wife.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by shegz24(m): 12:13pm On Apr 29, 2022
Most ladies will happily accept being a second wife in Nigeria as long as the man is wealthy enough to their taste.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Kobojunkie: 1:54pm On Apr 29, 2022
frleopardo:
Bigamy? Does that law work in Nigeria? What are its punishments? If it works, why are first wives not suing their husband?
The law only works when it is used. Don't expect it to automagically work when you refuse to use it.. undecided

Many a Nigerian women marry instead under traditional laws hence the reason they are unable to take advantage of the law. There is also the issue of mass ignorance to content with. A good number of women are unaware of the existence of the law, while others are simply too concerned about what the Joneses will think of them.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by frleopardo: 2:28pm On Apr 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The law only works when it is used. Don't expect it to automagically work when you refuse to use it.. undecided

Many a Nigerian women marry instead under traditional laws hence the reason they are unable to take advantage of the law. There is also the issue of mass ignorance to content with. A good number of women are unaware of the existence of the law, while others are simply too concerned about what the Joneses will think of them.. undecided
But then, I think that a man who married his first wife under court marriage and married subsequent wives under traditional marriage can't be affected be prosecuted under the laws of bigamy. I think it only applies to court marriage.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Kobojunkie: 2:32pm On Apr 29, 2022
frleopardo:
But then, I think that a man who married his first wife under court marriage and married subsequent wives under traditional marriage can't be affected be prosecuted under the laws of bigamy. I think it only applies to court marriage.
I don't believe so. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by frleopardo: 2:37pm On Apr 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I don't believe so. undecided
I think so; otherwise, we would be seeing more law suits on that, and a lot of men would think twice before marrying a second wife. O I don't even think the elites would keep a law that would affect them wrongly.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Kaybae(f): 2:48pm On Apr 29, 2022
Truvelisback:
I love the drama in Polygamy. If A dey fumble or misbehave, u go just move to B until A head correct. It would bring competition btw the 2 wives on who to win ur heart and gain ur attention the most. It would also bring a quick adjustment in the way they behave.
That was then, once you fall into polygamy palava, women no longer give husband that respect again, forget ooo, infact I know of a home, if you wan die, die na wetin the first wife dey do oooo.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Kobojunkie: 2:50pm On Apr 29, 2022
frleopardo:
I think so; otherwise, we would be seeing more law suits on that, and a lot of men would think twice before marrying a second wife. O I don't even think the elites would keep a law that would affect them wrongly.
As I already tried to explain before....The law only works when it is used. Don't expect it to automagically work when you refuse to use it.. undecided

Many a Nigerian women marry instead under traditional laws hence the reason they are unable to take advantage of the law. There is also the issue of mass ignorance to contend with. A good number of women are unaware of the existence of the law, while others are simply too concerned about what the Joneses will think of them.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Kaybae(f): 2:52pm On Apr 29, 2022
Aklee4994:
Bleeding gender are those who enjoy polygamy to me because at time it will keep the family of the husband away from them compare to a family of single wife.

Sometimes it good to be crazily crazy as a man in the case of old age i swear nobody knows who will be there to take care of you.

This is where some men are missing it, you keep saying old age, is it the children you marry their mother when you are 50+ as second wife that will be so grown to take care of you at 70+ when then most of them are still trying to place their feet while the first wife children would have been grown but abandon you because you treat their mother bad. Men don't think deeply ( don't mind my typo anyways)

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by gaskiyamagana: 4:12pm On Apr 29, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

NAIRALAND is not a BIBLE Class...
Please desist from applying Biblical principles on a public discourse. It depicts lack of wisdom.
State your facts so as to distinguish yourself.
Quote your Bible passages anytime you get into Sunday School classes.

Oga, it is only misinterpreted word of God, which depicts lack of wisdom, can not applying to public discourse.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by objobj: 11:57am On May 03, 2022
taleetah:
When we are done asking this question. Please don't forget to ask the men if they will accept being a second husband.

When we start having second and third husbands, there won't be any problems.

Are they not having now?
When you have 4 boyfriend at the same time, what are you practicing?
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by blackboy(m): 5:04pm On May 03, 2022
I had a Muslim girl , very pretty and young and she told me she don't mind her husband having a second wife . Why? She explained many girls are single not married so why not let her husband marry the single lady.

She is very educated , from the SW and serious Muslim
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 03, 2022
Truvelisback:

I know the financial and emotional responsibilities in a poligamy will be the last consideration for you.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Truvelisback(m): 8:30pm On May 03, 2022
Skyview01:

I know the financial and emotional responsibilities in a poligamy will be the last consideration for you.
Polygamy is for rich men, not for poor men. That's why the likes of Ned Nwoko could 4 to 5 wives or even more.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Rubyjade: 3:09pm On May 08, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Husband Flees After Wife Delivers Triplets / What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? / 11-Year-Old Girl Impregnated By 50-Year-Old Brother-In-Law Gives Birth In Guinea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.