Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? (26834 Views)

Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? / Since You Know Your Partner Is Not Satisfying You, Why Accept To Marry & Cheat / Woman Celebrates As Her Husband Marries A Second Wife (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by chieni(f): 6:39pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am Afraid simply asking will not resolve this issue until women begin to make efforts to using the law to protect themselves. undecided

Traditional marriage laws in Nigeria on the most part are written to benefit men so any woman who does not want to be caught up in polygamy should know also to abandon Traditional ideas of marriage. undecided
My reason for saying so is that you can't force a horse to drink from the water. If it is his decision not to stick with you through thick and thin, then he should go ahead. It is not a do or die affair where the law has to come in. That's the reason why it should be nipped in the Bud from the onset. Allow her find her way if that's what you want.

LET'S SAVE EACH OTHER THE DRAMA PLEASE.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Kobojunkie: 6:44pm On Apr 28, 2022
chieni:

My reason for saying so is that you can't force a horse to drink from the water. If it is his decision not to stick with you through thick and thin, then he should go ahead. It is not a do or die affair where the law has to come in. That's the reason why it should be nipped in the Bud from the onset. Allow her find her way if that's what you want.

LET'S SAVE EACH OTHER THE DRAMA PLEASE.
How exactly do you nip anything in the bud if you are unwilling yourself to take actions to ensure that? undecided

You are willing to trust the words of a man in this so 10 years layer when he changes his mind and brings in a second wife you can cry fowl and pretend you never saw it coming? Come on woman! undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by obstead200(m): 6:47pm On Apr 28, 2022
[quote
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by KaluwisxPRO: 6:53pm On Apr 28, 2022
koyyess:

Stop crying that a female can eat her cake and have it. grin

It hurts, pad up. cheesy cheesy

Yes of course, we’re all waiting for that woman who’s going to eat her cake and have it. Point me to her when you find her.

If she doesn’t want a second wife, she can move out, is anyone stopping her??
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by koyyess: 6:58pm On Apr 28, 2022
KaluwisxPRO:

Yes of course, we’re all waiting for that woman who’s going to eat her cake and have it. Point me to her when you find her.

If she doesn’t want a second wife, she can move out, is anyone stopping her??

Eya...this one is in denial. You go cry blood. grin

Just say you wan marry who go feed you.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Shedrack777: 6:59pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Will you also share your woman to enable this same joy and love you speak of? undecided
as long as she's ok with it, fine. i need the blessings
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by koyyess: 7:01pm On Apr 28, 2022
KaluwisxPRO:

[s]If she doesn’t want a second wife, she can move out, is anyone stopping her??[/s]

Go and pack her load out na.

Ash@wo
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by skywalker240(m): 7:04pm On Apr 28, 2022
Sonnobax15:
undecided

Well, I'm not a banny but simply a young urhobo Nigha...And every lady who's aspiring to marry an urhobo man should always put it at the back of her mind that she'll likely have a competitor in the future.....So itd be her decision to make....
Óniôvo vwé dawvré marmor oo grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by 2braithe: 7:10pm On Apr 28, 2022
mirexxx:
na only man dey build house? Hard earned money ke

Only a yeye man will marry a woman inside her own house.
If she likes she should have 10 houses.We are living in mine.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by 2braithe: 7:15pm On Apr 28, 2022
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Drefaithful(m): 7:16pm On Apr 28, 2022
blackboy:
I had a muslim girl , very pretty and young and she told me she don't mind her husband having a second wife . Why? She explained many girls are single not married so why not let her husband marry the single lady.

She is very educated , from the SW and serious Muslim

Is not education that guided her, we have 1001 educated women who will go contrary to her submission.

What guided her was her Faith, though some Muslim women do resist it, but so many of them accept thier fate when their husbands eventually married another wife, God that give Muslim men the privilege to do so knew the reasons and is best known to Him, bottom line.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by chieni(f): 7:30pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
How exactly do you nip anything in the bud if you are unwilling yourself to take actions to ensure that? undecided

You are willing to trust the words of a man in this so 10 years layer when he changes his mind and brings in a second wife you can cry fowl and pretend you never saw it coming? Come on woman! undecided
Mehn!! God help us. Of a truth some humans can be very deceptive.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Albertone(m): 7:32pm On Apr 28, 2022
But ugly jeon is a 10th wife to a fulani herdsman and bandit.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by BePrepared: 7:36pm On Apr 28, 2022
Animegirl:
cheesy

Yes, if the man isn't BROKE with protruding stomach, I go marry.

If I see a white old man with ten wives I will marry sef, one ticket to oyibo country kiss

So you don't value yourself
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by frleopardo: 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am Afraid simply asking will not resolve this issue until women begin to make efforts to using the law to protect themselves. undecided

Traditional marriage laws in Nigeria on the most part are written to benefit men so any woman who does not want to be caught up in polygamy should know also to abandon Traditional ideas of marriage. undecided
If your husband decides to marry another wife, your only choice is to quit the marriage or accept it.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by robosky02(m): 7:40pm On Apr 28, 2022
Prettygirl200:
Godforbid that I will ever be a second wife to any man. And no man born of a woman will bring in another woman into my house. The day I discover my husband is cheating, from that day he stops touching cux I will not Bleep a dick that is being shared with another woman. Peace!!!!

Be calming down

Even this your husband are you aware he is some bodies EX...

She used "it" before handing him over to you
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Idaytesj29(m): 7:44pm On Apr 28, 2022
Uniquetani1:

Yes o
With pride, I will enter

You see now
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Demurray: 7:44pm On Apr 28, 2022
HenryWilliams:

You're still young.. when reality sets in. You'll adapt or leave.. one thing is certain.. he will keep cheating outside..
marry two ot more doesn't guarantee having no side chicks
Peace
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Cromagnon: 8:09pm On Apr 28, 2022
Prettygirl200:
Godforbid that I will ever be a second wife to any man. And no man born of a woman will bring in another woman into my house. The day I discover my husband is cheating, from that day he stops touching cux I will not Bleep a dick that is being shared with another woman. Peace!!!!
then you leave his house and let serious women move in
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by denobaba: 8:20pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
As someone rightly pointed out, polygamy is not legal in Nigeria. undecided

That's very ignorant. It's correct for registry and probably Christian marriage. Definitely not the case for customary marriage. Marriage under customs allows whatever is possible Under the tradition in which the union was contracted, and that includes polygamy.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 28, 2022
Prettygirl200:

I'm sure Yul's wife thought the same
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by meedoLock(m): 8:34pm On Apr 28, 2022
Truvelisback:
I love the drama in Polygamy. If A dey fumble or misbehave, u go just move to B until A head correct. It would bring competition btw the 2 wives on who to win ur heart and gain ur attention the most. It would also bring a quick adjustment in the way they behave.

And make u dey beware of rat poison too sir grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Kobojunkie: 8:36pm On Apr 28, 2022
frleopardo:
If your husband decides to marry another wife, your only choice is to quit the marriage or accept it.
That's only if the marriage was entered into via the traditional marriage route. Else, he would first need to divorce his current wife to have his other cake. How many Nigerian men do that so easily?, undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Apr 28, 2022
denobaba:
That's very ignorant. It's correct for registry and probably Christian marriage. Definitely not the case for customary marriage. Marriage under customs allows whatever is possible Under the tradition in which the union was contracted, and that includes polygamy.
undecided
LollySeaSide:
Polygamy is not legal in Nigeria.
It might interest you to know that even though polygamy is neither legal nor illegal, it is unlawful in Nigeria.
No marriage registry will issue a certificate of marriage to a man who is already married and has an existing marriage certificate.
That is why people go through divorce and settlements before taking another wife.
States governed by sharia law allow polygamy within the context of their local laws. Still, they can not issue more than one marriage certificate to a man at any given time.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by phemmyfour: 8:47pm On Apr 28, 2022
Prettygirl200:
Mercy said more than this anyway
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Phoneworld: 9:00pm On Apr 28, 2022
Prettygirl200:

Na your type they loyal... dont ever conclude just pray to God to give a good husband that will know ur value as a mother, wife and for bringing is child to this world and for does men cheating, women are the same thing, it all end up the same way(removing of spam) and for the women out there stop this mentality of achieving a man to your self and become someone different when you become married to him, this open doors for ur husband to cheat on u, any side check he meet at this point will try her best to please him and also achieve her own aims... women before u come and comment please treat that man u have right in anyway u can because this days to get side chick no they hard as a married man and always remember men, no be all toto they give good look oh, after u have sex with an unknown side chick and your life and business start to fall, na that same women where you keep for house go manage with u, use ur head, must sacked letter are caused by unknown side chick...
I rest my case...

Am single
6 ft
From akwa ibom
Know how to my native and willing to teach you
Degree, Graduate of mechanical/Electrical Engineering
Send me a mail
Buzuduak02@gmail.com
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by addictiv(m): 9:02pm On Apr 28, 2022
LollySeaSide:

Polygamy is not legal in Nigeria.
It might interest you to know that even though polygamy is neither legal nor illegal, it is unlawful in Nigeria.
No marriage registry will issue a certificate of marriage to a man who is already married and has an existing marriage certificate.
That is why people go through divorce and settlements before taking another wife.
States governed by sharia law allow polygamy within the context of their local laws. Still, they can not issue more than one marriage certificate to a man at any given time.
Wrong Sir... When you say something is not legal.. It means its illegal and not recognised by law. However in Nigeria a man can LEGALLY marry ass man wives as he deems fit irrespective of geography and religion. The traditional marriage is absolutely recognised by the customary courts.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by frleopardo: 9:15pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That's on if the marriage was entered into via the traditional marriage route. Else, he would first need to divorce his current wife to have his other cake. How many Nigerian men do that so easily?, undecided
So, are you insinuating that women should mobilise for traditional marriage to be banned? That idea is dead on arrival if you ask me.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Kobojunkie: 9:35pm On Apr 28, 2022
frleopardo:
So, are you insinuating that women should mobilise for traditional marriage to be banned? That idea is dead on arrival if you ask me.
Banned, why? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by frleopardo: 10:17pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Banned, why? undecided
Maybe I got your meaning wrong, then. I don't see how first wives can stop men from having a second wife, though. I think the woman only has the option of divorce or accepting it.
Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Kobojunkie: 10:19pm On Apr 28, 2022
frleopardo:
Maybe I got your meaning wrong, then. I don't see how first wives can stop men from having a second wife, though. I think the woman only has the option of divorce or accepting it.
Well, if the man wants the second wife so bad, he would need to first divorce the wife in order to do that or risk being sued for bigamy under the marriage act. undecided

The wife can divorce him on grounds of fornication and move on to remarrying someone else in that case. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? by Friend22(m): 10:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
PerfectStranger:
Women also have the right to marry more than one man o.
Lol,but buy data for yourself first, at least.

Let them marry and let's see how this shallow logic works.
Biologically it will back fire.

Paternity test is a sure thing.
In the end they lost!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Rents Out Wife’s Room, Relocates Her To The Parlour / Share The Most Painful Punishment Given To You By Your Parents / I Messed Up.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.