Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? (9053 Views)

Is There A Man Out There Who Would Forgive A Wife That Commits Adultry? / Help! I Don't Know How To Tell My Wife That I Have Impregnated A Girl / How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by onmakpo: 3:30pm On Jul 24, 2011
mylove, its like you have never cooked this meal before? am sure its sure first time. you tried sha
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by buy1get2(m): 7:04pm On Jul 26, 2011
jst tell her dat am so sad dat i cant belif someone cooked this food and dat i trust she is nt d one whu cookd it, lolz

or beta still beat her like she cant imagine, lolz(jst jokin)
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by member479760: 9:29am On Jul 31, 2011
just ask - na like this your mama teach you?
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 31, 2011
Wake her up with slap for wasting your hard earned money cooking craps, let her know how many nice mamaputs that money could her fetch you and she just wasted it in one pot grin
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by ace4luv69(m): 9:59am On Jul 31, 2011
Just cry ur heart out dis way "oh my gosh wetin b dis" trust me she'll code wink
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by syncsilver(m): 10:27am On Jul 31, 2011
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by kodified(m): 11:16am On Jul 31, 2011
Make I give you advice so you go live long. Do not say a f**king thing bad about her cooking. You will surely regret it. Eat it and smile.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by Goldieluks: 11:41am On Jul 31, 2011
My Opinion May Differ, I dont really care if you accept it or not, But You Asked for It, So here it is:

First, You compliment her and tell her WellDone, for atleast Making the Effort to cook! Many Ladies Cant cook!

Tell her when you know No one else is Around to hear you say it, So that you dont Embarrass her

If you have any Experience in cooking Show her some tips!

Dont Forget, Encouragement Does Alot!

Say Something Like:

"Honey the Soup was nice, but would have been best if this and this was added!". Believe me She would try harder next time, and when she does, Say something like
"Yeah that's It! You are getting it now, but u still forgot this and this!

You alone can Encourage your wife to be a better Cook! 

NOBODY IS ABOVE ENCOURAGEMENT!

this is how a matured,gentle and sensible loving husband does it.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by hbrednic: 11:59am On Jul 31, 2011
break the pot on her head
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by atasteve: 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2011
I don't know how to go about saying it since my wife is an expert. smiley
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by PRESSMAN1: 12:38pm On Jul 31, 2011
call her with understanding and tell her, if u knw pass her u can teach her to become good cook that makes u husband.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by Johndoe100(m): 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2011
Let her know that you are thinking of employing a cook. When she asks why, let her know why.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 31, 2011
tell her you will be hiring a young beautiful calabar house girl to do the cooking after meal
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by Exponental(m): 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2011
Shortly after "meal on bed", tell her romantic words followed by ur point. Sth like ds: "u're d sweetest, i wish ur meals are as sweet as ds".
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by digitalclo: 3:19pm On Jul 31, 2011
just eat little than normal
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by Goldieluks: 3:27pm On Jul 31, 2011
digitalclo:

just eat little than normal

she would think your eating out.

GUYS TAKE THE ADVICE OF sexkillz, that is the best way,to avoid argument,anger,low self esteem and quarrelling.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by geosegun(m): 3:54pm On Jul 31, 2011
ronkebp:

The wife can[b] hire a cook [/b]that would be cooking for the house, infact the hubby can tell her to look for a cook (elderly) to[b] help her out[/b], and by so doing she can learn from the cook, And he should say it in such a way that it would not cause any problems, he can say, 'he does not want her to be over- stressing herself', therefore, they should get a cook to help them out. lo baa tan!!!!

A beautiful Calabar girl would do cool cool cool. I am glad this is coming from a lady.

Small time, they will start shouting someone has snatch their husband. Whats is wrong for her to go and take Some cooking lessens for few days.
Besides what has she used her growing up days to do. Eating chocolate and Suya

Ask her to go back to her mother's house and learn how to do it well. when she is an expert at it, she can come back. cool cool cool
That is if the home is still devoid of a beautiful Calabar lady.  grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by antitpiah: 4:38pm On Jul 31, 2011
You don't have to tell her, just marry a younger wife who cooks well to help her.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by Sike(m): 5:30pm On Jul 31, 2011
Open ur mouth where ur fan is. . With that. . She will know wotsup!
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by lindabon: 5:45pm On Jul 31, 2011
don't know how people run their own relationship, but me i dont see any biggie here. whats with this whole cooking thing, like its some kind of God we worship? cookery books are everywhere my dear. nobody is an impeccable cook. it takes practice, lots of practice to become good in preparing a particular meal. just get her in the right mood and initiate the idea of getting a cookery book. for me, i'll advice against telling her point blank that her soup is not sweet. that seems too blunt to me. if she should ask you why the cookery book, just go with the idea that its good to try different things in the kitchen.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by Rooneyboy(m): 7:43pm On Jul 31, 2011
NnamdiN:

simple. Always tell her u r very very very hungry(with emphasis o) b4 each meal, then eat very very very little afterwards and tell her u enjoyed d meal and dat t'was so tasty, and dat u r happy to have a good wife and a good cook too,unless she's dull(upstairs),she doesn't need psychic powers to know u meant otherwise
Hope it helps
then after this u go outside and buy akara and bread, this ll pass the message even if she is a dunce.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by stainny: 3:12pm On Aug 01, 2011
cool, it depends on your kind of woman. even the best cook do make mistake some times either by putting too much salt or pepper. my husband apprecaites when i cook nice one. but when i cook rubbish as he will call it, he jokingly tongue lash. i laugh over it b/c i know he dont even know how to do eba. and he does not like eating outside, so he does not have option. i do get angry sort of, especailly when he say it in front of visitors. i did warn him to stop the embrassment. but am used to it. any time he pass such comment, i quickly remind him that was the worth of the money he dropped!
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by PurestBoy(m): 4:22pm On Aug 01, 2011
Tell her you're employing a female cook.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by mkmyers45(m): 6:49pm On Aug 01, 2011
Sky Spirit:

Just ask her who cook dis food?

odiaero:

Wake her up with slap for wasting your hard earned money cooking craps, let her know how many nice mamaputs that money could her fetch you and she just wasted it in one pot grin

clemcykul:

simply call her "mama Ngozi this food no sweet" if she wan nack head for wall that one na her onions, all u know be say u don talk your mind hehehhee grin

LWKMD

very funny
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by EfeEkarume(m): 9:55am On Aug 02, 2011
hbrednic:

break the pot on her head
, or better still use her head to break the pot
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by aieromon(m): 7:01pm On Aug 02, 2011
Why are all you guys scared of telling wives that their dishes are awful?
Bad is bad and i was raised on good food.Your cooking ain't as good as mine talkless of my mother.Let's talk and do something about it.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by no1madman(m): 11:35pm On Aug 03, 2011
How do u tell ur wife that her toto is not sweet?
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by mimi321(f): 6:40pm On Apr 06, 2012
thiefofheart

ah ah thats harsh hmm if u try it on me what i will do ha u will not know wetin heat u
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by confuscius: 1:19pm On Apr 07, 2012
Confucius says "she is ur wife right, then tell her. She would probably starve u of both food and sex but after the rain comes sunshine".
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by procedure: 1:35pm On Apr 07, 2012
She is your wife so tell her bluntly but not without helping her get out of the problem. If u can teach her.or get her a cookery book or a cooking class. A problem that can be solved with understanding need not be a problem. All women will not know how to cook.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by knowledge4(m): 2:59pm On Apr 11, 2012
Sweet or Not,I eat it without complaining.
Its an occassional occurence anyway.
Its too trivial an issue to injure her feelings.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? by AzaMontana(f): 12:12pm On Jun 27, 2012
I disagree with yol who say they must eat out or hire a cook. a big NOOOO for me. The woman should be the only one who cooks for her man and no one else. Dont yol know the way to a men's heart is through his stomach. My brother what you should do is to buy your wife flowers and choclate. Plan a romantic evening indoors with her then tell her how much you love her and tell her that if you did not love her you would not be honest with her. Then tell her that as much as you love her food its just not tasty. Discuss whether she can go for cooking lessons or find a way to learn good food cooking. Maybe she can hang out with other wives and exchange recipes or something. If she gets angry, try to remain calm and understand that its not anger, its just embarassment and it will eventually go and when it does, be there to help help her explore methods of improving in the kitchen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reasons For Giving Many Names To Babies / The Apata Wives: Bonded By Uncommon Love / Wicked Married Man Messed Up My Life And Refuse To Take Responsibility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.