Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,560 members, 7,837,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

The Presidency – 2023 And The Truth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Presidency – 2023 And The Truth (304 Views)

This Cartoon By Bulama Says A Lot About 2023 And Politicians / Zainab, Buba Galadima Daughter Works For The Presidency (Photos) / This Was What Really Happened In Plateau State According To The Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Presidency – 2023 And The Truth by peoplesociety: 4:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
THE PRESIDENCY – 2023 AND THE TRUTH
Undoubtedly, the caliber of Nigerian nationals, mainly politicians who want to take over from president M. Buhari (GCFR) come 2023 is enthusiastic. Majority are of the view, with conviction that the deplorable state of the nation demands an urgent rescue with minimum delay, from the political and economic quagmire. Importantly, one thing we must not fail to know is that, the truth must be told, no matter who tells it. We should be willing to make sacrifices that is important as I have to stress to you something which you know.
In Nigeria today, it is the process of reform and change and development that is always costly, difficult, painful and it is hell to go through. It is too hard to motivate and get people to do the things which you need to do if you are going to have a good tomorrow. But because of our mindset, we are able to say good, I have got the world in my hands today. Just last week, last year and all the time because I must build the future.
It is future orientation. You will see the outcome because it pays. We have erroneous sense of optimism, we are so optimistic and this is extremely important. Many people and societies believe and say they are crippled by the possessive sense of pessimism.
In Nigeria, we have developed enmnous self confidence crippled, sometimes I worry about this because often times it goes to the point of arrogance. Nothing justifies arrogance, rather self confidence is palpable. We think we can do it, yes they can do it and that is unity in the land. Especially, where there will be even distribution of profits and hazards in our collective engagements particularly, the economic management of the nation. This will massively contribute to economic growth by establishing unity, consensus and peace. We can now get on with the job of development and national process. Other forms which we could not do before because we were diverted as a result of political indifferences and so on.
So I would like to suggest that these tremendous pay offs for what was a very simple thing which we did. Perhaps it sounds accidental, but let us manage this creation. Most states lie in their past equity, you will see that they belabor the past all the time. In my view, my beloved Nigeria, the most populous black nation is stock in the future. In everything we want to do, we should do them to produce the future which we want.
To rate Nigeria as the most populous black nation, blessed with human and natural wealth cannot be over emphasized. But the question is can the truth be told no matter the person that tells the truth?
Across the land, there has been rekindling passion by political giants from different geo-political zones to have one of their own as the next president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria came 2023 general elections. Expectedly, the passion has caught up with the academics, technocrats and core politicians and also business men/politicians from the North, South and West and more than ever. The issue of 2023 presidency has been pushed to the front burner of the nation’s political discourse by Nigerians.
Most importantly, the over bearing majority of Nigerians still believe in the sovereignty of the country and they are of the view that equity should be a watch word in the land. From May, 1999 when democracy became stable in Nigeria, out of the tripod on which the fulcrum rests right from independence that have neither had their own elected son or daughter to the seat of the President is south –east geo-political zone.
Expectedly, the quest for the president of Igbo extraction is a just cause at the rippest time. It is no longer a secret nor clandestine agenda, rather an open quest bound with equity and national conscience. I want to believe that among the politicians from these geo-political zones are distinguished nationals with repute, among the geo-political zone who have what it takes to run a country like ours presently is the South-East geo-political zone. Remember, the zone is yet to have a short at the presidency whereas other zones with the tripod status on which the foundation of Nigeria stands have had their turns e.g the North and West and the South-South.
If the South East is denied the opportunity of producing the next president of the country it will not in any where portend good governance, equity and natural justice.
South-East geo-political zone with their wealth of experience, entrepreneurial skill, network of international friends and associates globally, their administrative sway and professional antecedents mark them out as the zone who look good to produce the next President of Nigeria in 2023.
They easily passes as the most detribalized Nigerians, a quality most needed than ethnic jingoist.
FEARS: Fearing that the zone is predominantly occupied by “Ndigbo” cannot be one in terms of producing the next occupant of the seat of the president is a minus. Because, democracy will cease to work when you take it away from those who are willing and give it to those who would not. The quest for the presidential a slot and eventual emergence of the president of Igbo extraction is a quest that is just before equity and even the creator.
Why do we as Nigerians need love and unity? Possibly because it gives us a framework within which to deal with the limitation of life. We each have to face situations of uncertainty, powerlessness and scarcity.
By uncertainty, I mean that we can never plan or control our affairs in such a way that all work out well. Sometimes we fail, and yet knowing that the outcome of our plans are always subject to chance. We have to be able to function anyway. Nigeria and Nigerians have to cope with uncertainty. By powerlessness, I mean that we have to live with the fact that somethings are impossible. We cannot do everything we want to do and yet we have to face our powerlessness with courage.
By scarcity, I mean that we have to face the fact that they may not be enough of everything to go round, what we have must be distributed in an orderly way, including the national leadership. Thus social life may require that some people be deprived and frustrated.
Collectively, we have to deal with crisis at some point and it is then that love and unity helps us adjust. Why must a zone out of others suffer deprivation why should a person go on living when his or her loved compatriot suffer denial? Such question demand meaningful answers. If they are considered meaningless, support for society’s norms is weakened. How can we maintain our morals when disappointment and deprivation works at every step and when we know death awaits us in the end.
Love, and unity of Nigeria makes life more meaningful by fitting into the context of an existence beyond the present. It supports our commitment in society’s norms when we are at the breaking point. It helps us adjust to the frustrations that are part of human life.
In the South-East geo-political zone there are qualified candidates for the president’s seat and they are legion. Prominent amongst the pack and also stands tall in the crowd is, Senator (Dr) Orji Uzor Kalu (MON). A business Magnet cum politician who managed the affairs of Abia State for eight years and was dubbed the action Governor by an Eminent African leader and a former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo (GCFR). The Senator, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu, the Chief whip of the 9th Assembly of the Senate has the gift of incandescence. People observing him in action are always left with an impression that he lit up the nation with his presence. He also posses the rare ability to leave everyone who meet him, however, fleetingly with the impression that they were his close friends.
The Spirit of Nigerianess, to the North and South who know Senator Kalu over time and they are overbearing, says, he is a sticking contrast to the typical Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo and others who encountered him in their professional lives.
Senator (Dr.) Kalu seems neither reticent, uncomfortable, aloof nor inscrutable on the contrary, he is a dynamo of dazzling energy, gregarious, fun-loving and most appealing to all appearances very like themselves.
In the words of Dr. Jack Maurice, a Venezuelan national and a business consultant. When it comes time for Dr. Kalu to do business in the U.S.A, Weather Joint Ventures or Licensing, whatever it is he will pick up the phone and talk to almost any business man in Europe, Africa or Asia. And instead of who is this again, interpreter and all that sort of thing. Senator (Dr) Kalu knows these people at the human level at the personal level.
By Academical Brown

1 Share

Re: The Presidency – 2023 And The Truth by jude79(m): 5:50pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kai, I was reading all this epistle thinking the op is talking about a human being, only to see ouk, smh

(1) (Reply)

Stop Making ‘unguarded Statements’ Against Igbo People—IPOB Warns Apostle Sulema / Gov Wike: It Takes A Mad Man To Govern Nigeria / SE And Nigeria's Federal Character - Chima Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.