Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. (5726 Views)

You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni / No One More Corrupt Than Amaechi, Wike Warns Buhari / A Thread Specially Dedicated To Governor "Rotimi Amaechi" For His Determination. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by chimaike: 11:48am On Jul 11, 2011
ekt_bear:

@EzeUche: I have no problem listening, I just prefer listening to people who I am pretty sure know what they are talking about.

Please do not argue, Ezeuche is right, Madam patience is from Okrika, we reside in Port-Harcourt, which is the capital of her state and we in a better position to tell you where she came from.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by chimaike: 11:58am On Jul 11, 2011
striker07:

From my own Assessment, i still think Amaechi is better.

Very true
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by agitator: 1:08pm On Jul 11, 2011
Now asari is talking and the igbos have denied him, what an irony
didn't Ezeuche & co say rivers is igbo? grin grin grin grin
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by Dede1(m): 1:15pm On Jul 11, 2011
@OP

It is a ranting of overfed rats. Until Port Harcourt is made federal capital city of Nigeria and turned into statehood, it is idiotic attempt to compare Lagos State and Rivers State or any other state in the federation for that matter. Even with time and fund federal government has spent on Lagos State, scenes of flooded streets and neighborhoods are damnable indictment of Fashiola.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by mbulela: 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2011
Ijaw leaders??
SMH
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by Martmore: 3:51pm On Jul 11, 2011
Wait ooo why im be say some people go open mouth dey compare Lagos and Rivers. Asari dey craze o, im no see im fellow Ijaw Gov (Timiprey Agbero slyva) wey no dey do anything, na Chibuike im go see talk.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by Demdem(m): 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2011
i said this in another thread and i will repeat it.
Ameachi did a lot during his first tenure and he really deserves the mandate given to him by the people to continue however he seems to be sleeping presently. Not much seems to be going on depite the huge resources available. he simply needs to double his efforts now no doubt.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by EzeUche(m): 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2011
agitator:

Now asari is talking and the igbos have denied him, what an irony
didn't Ezeuche & co say rivers is igbo?  grin grin grin grin

When have Igbos ever claimed him? I never heard of an Igbo man with the name of either Asari or Dokubo. Clearly an Ijaw name. Rivers state is majority Igbo, but there are Ijaws and Ogoni who are present within the state. The next time you mention name, make sure you get your facts right.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by lingolinga: 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2011
How dare u say Rivers is majority igbo!!!! If u consider the ikwerre's igbo, can u ritely say the're mo' dan d rest o' rivers?
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by revolt(m): 5:12pm On Jul 11, 2011
as far as good governance is concerned amaechi is no doubt a better govt than fashola. wonder y seans sending me budget reviews. the diffrence bw both parties is the fact that fashola milks those 18million peeps dry with nothing truly justifiable to show. igr in lasgidi is super high n with bulk of fasholas projeccts privately financed wonder what he really does with all the multitaxed obnoxiously acquired funds milked from us, lagosians r quite a mediocre bunch they eat up eery thingy the media cooks, no wonder theyve bin fightn against islamic banking, fasholas is not doing much amaechi is definitely working harder
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by EzeUche(m): 5:14pm On Jul 11, 2011
lingolinga:

How dare u say Rivers is majority igbo!!!! If u consider the ikwerre's igbo, can u ritely say the're mo' dan d rest o' rivers?

Even without the Ikwerre, the hinterland Igbos along with the Igbo clans of Ogba, Ndoni, Egbama, Etche etc are the majority in Rivers state.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by lingolinga: 5:22pm On Jul 11, 2011
EzeUche:

Even without the Ikwerre, the hinterland Igbos along with the Igbo clans of Ogba, Ndoni, Egbama, Etche etc are the majority in Rivers state.

dnt 4get u hve the opobo, nkoro, andoni, eleme, ogoni, kalabari, bonny, abua/odual all in the same state, Even the okrika's will neva concede to being igbo,
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by aljharem3: 5:27pm On Jul 11, 2011
lingolinga:

dnt 4get u hve the opobo, nkoro, andoni, eleme, ogoni, kalabari, bonny, abua/odual all in the same state, Even the okrika's will neva concede to being igbo,

all this groups in 1 state shocked shocked shocked shocked don't forget ikwerri, ijaw as well
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by EzeUche(m): 5:28pm On Jul 11, 2011
alj_harem:

all this groups in 1 state shocked shocked shocked shocked don't forget ikwerri, ijaw as well

You see your lack of knowledge about Rivers state. Many of the names he mentioned, Opobo, Kalabari, Bonny etc are simply Ijaws.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by aljharem3: 5:35pm On Jul 11, 2011
EzeUche:

You see your lack of knowledge about Rivers state. Many of the names he mentioned, Opobo, Kalabari, Bonny etc are simply Ijaws.

there common name is ijaw, and yes i know
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by lingolinga: 6:11pm On Jul 11, 2011
Those groups termed ijaw are individual groups lyk d ikwerre, ogba, egbema, etc.Dnt 4get ahoada ppul 're kwait a large group too, Nyway, it seems 2 b almost equal. Chk dis out!!!!!!!!

Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by ChinenyeN(m): 6:17pm On Jul 11, 2011
Did this person just call Ikwere 'Ijo'?
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by lingolinga: 6:20pm On Jul 11, 2011
EzeUche:

Ezeuche, the one who knows, wht say u bout the map, 're igbo's ritely majority?
ChinenyeN:

Did this person just call Ikwere 'Ijo'?
Pls read 4rm d top. Aint u got eyes!!!!!
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by DeCleff(m): 6:39pm On Jul 11, 2011
MIBB:

when you say Fashola out perform Amaechi, you are either not familiar with the state or just shy to say the truth. You would have forgotten the laudable school projects that Ameachi turned around in three years, you would have forgotten the 105 Hospitals constructed and equipped in the same period, you would have been a stranger to know that before Ameachi, PH can only boast of two major roads, Aba and Ikwerre roads, and how he has massively expanded almost all the major roads; stadium road, Olu Obasanjo bypass, Rumuola road, eleme ring road, ada george, Choba road, etc.

You would also have forgotten that Lagos state already have good road network created when the city was federal capital city, and that all the major businesses were as a matter of state policy domiciled in Lagos.

True, Rivers gets more from allocation, but that cant be compared with Lagos state IGR.

The projects that are been referred to as white elephants are necessary projects that are financed under PPP where the Government only provide approvals, without direct funding. Critics, get your facts right.

Tell them. Dokubo is just talking nonsense because his candidate in the governorship election Dr Abiye Sekibo of the ACN lost to Gov. Ameachi. After all ijaws has ruled Rivers State, so they are responsible for messing up the state and now Ameachi been an Ikwerre son is working round the clock to clean up the state. Almost all dirty area in the state are inhabited by the ijaws. Eg the waterfront. if the ijaws are sincerely desiring development why are they kicking against the demolition and rebulding plans of Gov Ameachi.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by lingolinga: 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2011
DeCleff:

Tell them. Dokubo is just talking nonsense because his candidate in the governorship election Dr Abiye Sekibo of the ACN lost to Gov. Ameachi. After all ijaws has ruled Rivers State, so they are responsible for messing up the state and now Ameachi been an Ikwerre son is working round the clock to clean up the state. Almost all dirty  area in the state are inhabited by the ijaws. Eg the waterfront. if the ijaws are sincerely desiring development why are they kicking against the demolition and rebulding plans of Gov Ameachi.
Hey doz roads existed b4 amaechi came into office, ar mean the stadium, ada george, etc, Amaechi has tried, bt u cnt compare him with Fashola, Odili did nothn, so anythn Amaechi does seems to be gold, The prob with Amaechi is he has mo' enemies as he has friends every day!!!!!

Diete-Spiff is Ijaw, All d secretariat buildings can be traced to him, Amaechi will neva do 1third of what he did 4 Rivers State

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by ChinenyeN(m): 8:03pm On Jul 11, 2011
I read. You said "the groups termed 'Ijo'", and you mentioned Ikwere.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by lingolinga: 8:06pm On Jul 11, 2011
ChinenyeN:

I read. You said "the groups termed 'Ijo'", and you mentioned Ikwere.
Na u knw oh!!!!!!Me no tlk dat 1, Proudly ijaw nd wld neva accept or want dem ikwere's
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by seanet03: 8:35pm On Jul 11, 2011
revolt:

as far as good governance is concerned amaechi is no doubt a better govt than fashola. wonder y seans sending me budget reviews. the diffrence bw both parties is the fact that fashola milks those 18million peeps dry with nothing truly justifiable to show. igr in lasgidi is super high n with bulk of fasholas projeccts privately financed wonder what he really does with all the multitaxed obnoxiously acquired funds milked from us, lagosians r quite a mediocre bunch they eat up eery thingy the media cooks, no wonder theyve bin fightn against islamic banking, fasholas is not doing much amaechi is definitely working harder

I gave you a good analysis on resources to responsibilities scale ranging from health, wage bill, education and lots of others by which we can evaluate their performances yet you just arrive at a dumb conclusion that he is not better than your one eyed. You said you wonder why i send you their respective budgets? Did you not tell me not to compare it as you think Fashola earns much higher and i said no, provided the reasons why Fashola is better based on Resources vis Responsibilities ala Performance yet you just keep insisting on the same thing. Boy grow up
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by seanet03: 8:51pm On Jul 11, 2011
Dede1:

@OP

It is a ranting of overfed rats. Until Port Harcourt is made federal capital city of Nigeria and turned into statehood, it is idiotic attempt to compare Lagos State and Rivers State or any other state in the federation for that matter. Even with time and fund federal government has spent on Lagos State, scenes of flooded streets and neighborhoods are damnable indictment of Fashiola.   
Wow! You mean a Natural disaster is an indictment of Government officers? Then Bush, clinton and obama deserve to be jailed for the Recent Floodings in US despite having the powers to stop the heavy rains from falling, Really clueless Reasoning
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by ChinenyeN(m): 9:10pm On Jul 11, 2011
lingolinga:

Na u knw oh!!!!!!Me no tlk dat 1, Proudly ijaw nd wld neva accept or want dem ikwere's
You are Ijo?
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by revolt(m): 9:58pm On Jul 11, 2011
atleast amaechi spends his on elephant projects fashola on the other hand doesnt necessarily have to spend his resources given the undisputed advantages lagos over time has acquired ie loads of PRODUCTIVE companies n organisations lmillions of enterpreneurs n thousand of organisations all involved in one cs or the other not to talk of the fact that all these r heavily taxed so common sense suggest if he doesnt necessarily spend the acquired liquid cash and hes not involved in seriousinfrastructural developments what does he do with all that igr in the absence of any form of social security service,  afterall tinubu  asked for jes three billion. dude wake up
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by seanet03: 11:12pm On Jul 11, 2011
What sort of reasoning is this? So because there are many Companies in Lagos Fashola does not need to spend his revenue as the companies are there? Nonsensical Reasoning! Tell me a single company in lagos that is constructing a major road or social infrastructure free of charge to lagos state just because it is in Lagos state. Very weedy thinking. Your arguments does not water.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 12, 2011
some of us aint serious in this forum, we even post coments on issues we knw nothing abt or copy and paste opinions of others and folishly assume they are ours. I schooled in lagos and ve been residing for over 12yrs and was recently transfered to portharcout atlst i ve been here for two years nw. You can never, never, never compare fashola to amechi, they are nt in d same league nor on the same page. Fashola is a million miles ahead of amaechi be it in governance, in rationality, in thought, in human empowerment, in transformation, in economic expansion and growth. Fashola has a vision for lagos, a dream, a purpose which he is passionate about, u can feel it, his atrustic desires are pure and true, its not all about politics for fashola, its abt the future, its abt love for excellence, competence, dedication,leadership and posterity. Fashola has not only laid a foundation for a better modern lagos but also comenced the actuall building of that modern lagos of his dream. Fashola is addressing d needs of all the sectors at d same time with a sense of responcibility and decorum. To be fair to gov ameachi, he has refurblished public schools and built beautiful primary health care centers across d LGAs outside dat, Its politics all d way, ego, lordship, love for power, talks too much bt does very little, so busy but u cant point to anytin he is actually doing. I can go on an on cos im on ground. Fashola is a god b4 Ameachi, they are incomparable. conomic expansion and growth. Fashola has a vision for lagos, a dream, a purpose which he is passionate about, u can feel it, his atrustic desires are pure and true, its not all about politics for fashola, its abt the future, its abt love for excellence, competence, dedication,leadership and posterity. Fashola has not only laid a foundation for a better modern lagos but also comenced the actuall building of that modern lagos of his dream. Fashola is addressing d needs of all the sectors at d same time with a sense of responcibility and decorum. To be fair to gov ameachi, he has refurblished public schools and built beautiful primary health care centers across d LGAs outside dat, Its politics all d way, ego, lordship, love for power, talks too much bt does very little, so busy but u cant point to anytin he is actually doing. I can go on an on cos im on ground. Fashola is a god b4 Ameachi, they are incomparable.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by kolexy(m): 3:55pm On Jul 12, 2011
@ ekt_bear.
Are you sure Fayemi is doing ok? Am really concerned about events @ home. I think people are getting frustrated or is it a case of too much expectation?
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by kolexy(m): 4:14pm On Jul 12, 2011
I think her Father is from Umuahia. Ilived in PH for six yrs, and I can tell a lot about their culture. Okrika culture allows women to claimChildren born out of wedlock, or if the Man fails to perform the necessary traditional rites.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by phantom(m): 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2011
Byrron, -please with all due respect,can you tell us the little you know about road projects in PH and in all fairness do the same for lagos.actual projects i mean and not visions( no be wetin we go chop ) .thanks.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by ektbear: 3:08am On Aug 02, 2011
kolexy:

@ ekt_bear.
Are you sure Fayemi is doing ok? Am really concerned about events @ home. I think people are getting frustrated or is it a case of too much expectation?

Sorry for the late response, I didn't see this post. I'm not on the ground in Ekiti, but pay attention to what is going on there from my family members, the news, and the Ekiti web forums. The impression I have is that he is doing very well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) / Govt Opens Bid Round For 31 Marginal Oil Fields / What Was Bukola Saraki Doing,sitting On This Dirty Pavement? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.