Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,116 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. (5727 Views)

You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni / No One More Corrupt Than Amaechi, Wike Warns Buhari / A Thread Specially Dedicated To Governor "Rotimi Amaechi" For His Determination. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by seanet02: 7:57am On Jul 10, 2011
Ijaw leaders has described the Government of Fashola as millions of miles ahead of Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State. According to Dokubo who was speaking on their behalf at an ethnic nationalities conference ,while Fashola implements Projects that have meaningful impact on the Citizenry, Amaechi like white elephant projects that is all about ego boosting. Read more at

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5728656-146/the_easier_way_out_of_national.csp
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by seanet02: 8:04am On Jul 10, 2011
God bless you Dokubo. We have been saying this for a long time. White elephant projects is the motto of some anonymous posters here.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by Afam4eva(m): 8:19am On Jul 10, 2011
Fashola ans Amaechi are both kings of white elephant project. What do you call what's going on in the lekki axis and the proposed airport in lagos. I think these two governors need to emulate Chime of Enugu.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by seanet02: 8:25am On Jul 10, 2011
Fashola the only Governor that US Ambassador Proclaims as the only one who offers Nigeria True Representation of the People.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by seanet02: 8:35am On Jul 10, 2011
Are you talking of Lekki axis with the best oil refinery being constructed, the Airport that will thrash your butterfly airstrip at weedland? Are you talking of Fashola the man that makes Lagos state the only Power transformer manufacturing area in west africa, you talking of Fashola that gives twenty streets of lagos island twenty four hours uninterrupted power supply, or is it the Fashola that has built more roads than Ghana, or you talking of Fashola that is building the best to be city in Africa and one of the best in the world Eko atlantic project, you talking of the governor that built the great Lagos wall in the high oceans, you talking of the highest payer of civil servants even more than your docile Fg? You must be joking
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by Rhino5dm: 8:36am On Jul 10, 2011
The fact that this is coming out from the mouth of Asari(A known ACN party cheiftain in Rivers) doesn't makes it more real, owing to how Ameachi destroy his party's candidate in Rivers i.e Dr. abeyi Sekibo. Though i go with the fact that Fashola is the best but Ameachi(Anaconda shocked) is equally brilliant.

Before you leap, can someone help me ask Asari what happen to his wife a senatorial aspirant under ACN? grin grin and what happen to his candiate Dr. Abeyi sekibo grin grin and what happen to his threat that he is going to make Rivers ungovernable if his candidates lost?. . .Bunch of nuisance and sore losers!. .Bunch of nuisance and sore losers!
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by jmaine: 8:38am On Jul 10, 2011
is Asari Dokubo not an ACN card carrying member  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed . . .  And the OP was so sensational with his thread title, without even taking time to do a simple checklists of what was said concerning both states . . .the emboldened part of the quote below can as well apply to Lagos as rightly pointed out by Afam4eva. why should he even question Rivers state need for a monorail system  undecided undecided  . .  . . . and we all aware that we have other performing governors in Nigeria as well, with Rotimi identified as one .  

According to Mr Dokubo, there is only one government in Nigeria and that is the Lagos State government. "All the 774 local governments, other 35 state governments, the FCT administration and the federal government are no government at all" he stated.

He argued that only in Lagos is budget prepared to meet the need of the people. "What does Rivers State need a mono rail for?" he asked, citing an example. "Governments in Nigeria implement project only to soothe political muscles and boost egos, not to meet the need of the people," he said
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by seanet02: 8:44am On Jul 10, 2011
It is the same thing, Lagos is the only with a budget meant for the people meaning Rivers state budgets is part of those that has always fail to meet the yearnings of the masses. Read and comprehend before posting dude.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by udezue(m): 8:47am On Jul 10, 2011
So what? Lol
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by jmaine: 8:47am On Jul 10, 2011
seanet02:

It is the same thing, Lagos is the only with a budget meant for the people meaning Rivers state budgets is part of those that has always fail to meet the yearnings of the masses. Read and comprehend before posting dude.

You are simply saying nothing dude
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by seanet02: 8:52am On Jul 10, 2011
Read and comprehend and ye stained mind shall be watch clean.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by jmaine: 8:56am On Jul 10, 2011
seanet02:

Read and comprehend and ye stained mind shall be watch clean.

Abeg borrow me your lens make i take read. . .cos e be like say na ACN recommended lens you dey take comprehend the incomprehensible  cheesy cheesy
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by seanet02: 3:17pm On Jul 10, 2011
I no go borrow you, go buy your own.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by ZnO: 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2011
If Dokubo is ACN, what did anyone expect him to say? Do you expect him to lambast the ACN demigods instead of PDP? Only Ngige can lambast Tinubu and Fasola. He got the balls.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by seanet02: 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2011
ZnO:

If Dokubo is ACN, what did anyone expect him to say? Do you expect him to Lambast the ACN demigods instead of PDP? Only Ngige can lambast Tinubu and Fasola. He got the balls.
Hogwash
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by otapiapia: 3:49pm On Jul 10, 2011
ZnO:

If Dokubo is ACN, what did anyone expect him to say? Do you expect him to Lambast the ACN demigods instead of PDP? Only Ngige can lambast Tinubu and Fasola. He got the balls.

Fact. All these Yoruba are so brainwashed to the extent they allow soap get into their eyes while in a pool of water.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by seanet02: 4:01pm On Jul 10, 2011
This igbotic reasoning sef, when he supported Gej Azikwe PDP member against his Party's choice Ribadu he did not see things through ACN lens then? Very ibotic reasoning.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by revolt(m): 5:31pm On Jul 10, 2011
Idiots on nl. Fashola has 26 billion igr eery month plus a lagos Tht has virtually all its enviroments developed by fg not to tlk of the fact Tht it was federal capital for over forty years compared to amaechi thts still tackling infrastructure. Let's analyse this if two brothers one earning 5000 n the second earning 500 decide to give their aged mum pocket money n the first gives 1000 n the second gives 400 who gave more, Thts is the scenario btw fashola n others.for all the resources at his disposal he not doing much.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by seanet02: 5:55pm On Jul 10, 2011
revolt:

Idiots on nl. Fashola has 26 billion igr eery month plus a lagos Tht has virtually all its enviroments developed by fg not to tlk of the fact Tht it was federal capital for over forty years compared to amaechi thts still tackling infrastructure. Let's analyse this if two brothers one earning 5000 n the second earning 500 decide to give their aged mum pocket money n the first gives 1000 n the second gives 400 who gave more, Thts is the scenario btw fashola n others.for all the resources at his disposal he not doing much.
Pure rubbish! Rivers and Lagos states the last time i checked has both gotten an annual budget of between 400 billion and 450 billion each. Did you know that Rivers collects almost triple of Lagos Federal allocation as it own allocation. Now compare the Charged Responsibilities of Lagos and Rivers and you will see that Fashola is trillions of miles ahead of Amaechi in performance when you look at the Population lagos with over 18 million people with Rivers less than 4 million. Lagos despite this also has the highest number of Primary and Secondary schools in Nigeria translating to more running cost, Lagos has the largest road network in Nigeria meaning more rehabilitation and construction, Lagos has the highest number of Doctors in its service more than the Federal government and at the same time the largest civil service in Nigeria meaning more wage bills than Rivers yet it is paying more wages per worker than other states. Yet Fashola has constructed more roads than Ghana in the past 5 years. Boy go for some economics tutorial. Your argument does not hold water.e second gives 400 who gave more, Thts is the scenario btw fashola n others.for all the resources at his disposal he not doing much.
[quote][/quote] Pure rubbish! Rivers and Lagos states the last time i checked has both gotten an annual budget of between 400 billion and 450 billion each. Did you know that Rivers collects almost triple of Lagos Federal allocation as it own allocation. Now compare the Charged Responsibilities of Lagos and Rivers and you will see that Fashola is trillions of miles ahead of Amaechi in performance when you look at the Population lagos with over 18 million people with Rivers less than 4 million. Lagos despite this also has the highest number of Primary and Secondary schools in Nigeria translating to more running cost, Lagos has the largest road network in Nigeria meaning more rehabilitation and construction, Lagos has the highest number of Doctors in its service more than the Federal government and at the same time the largest civil service in Nigeria meaning more wage bills than Rivers yet it is paying more wages per worker than other states. Yet Fashola has constructed more roads than Ghana in the past 5 years. Boy go for some economics tutorial. Your argument does not hold water.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by ektbear: 6:00pm On Jul 10, 2011

According to Mr Dokubo, there is only one government in Nigeria and that is the Lagos State government. "All the 774 local governments, other 35 state governments, the FCT administration and the federal government are no government at all" he stated.

He argued that only in Lagos is budget prepared to meet the need of the people. "What does Rivers State need a mono rail for?" he asked, citing an example. "Governments in Nigeria implement project only to soothe political muscles and boost egos, not to meet the need of the people," he said.

Hehe

That is a pretty nice quote. Carry go, Fashola cool

Though I must say that Fayemi of Ekiti is imo doing pretty well.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by revolt(m): 6:40pm On Jul 10, 2011
Dude almost all projects under fashola r ppp or brt and other projects etc please don't compare lagos revenue to rivers check their incomes pls. Truth be told has there been a govt of lagos tht didn't get the same hype and accolades like fasholas. From jakande to Tinubu. Spare me the details. For a govt with an obnoxious multitax system with no social security service and lots of public private pstnerships I jst see a good capitalist not a good govt. Go n the history definitions and reasons for the formation of govts especially the social contract theory pls
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by revolt(m): 6:46pm On Jul 10, 2011
Sorry I cnt really type much via my BB storm. So I use my own advanced shorthand techniques by me.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by phantom(m): 7:27pm On Jul 10, 2011
Lol, a criminal speaks and this jackas.s begins to froth at the mouth, see as you dey proud to dey quote asari, one of the touts that ruined rivers state, i had this feeling that intelligence isnt really one of your strong points but youve removed all doubt, Roflmao
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by NegroNtns(m): 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2011
I think these two governors need to emulate Chime of Enugu.

Chime? Wth!!

You mean Governor "Ikhime" of Enugu!
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by jason123: 7:45pm On Jul 10, 2011
revolt:

Dude almost all projects under fashola r ppp or brt and other projects etc please don't compare lagos revenue to rivers check their incomes pls. Truth be told has there been a govt of lagos tht didn't get the same hype and accolades like fasholas. From jakande to Tinubu. Spare me the details. For a govt with an obnoxious multitax system with no social security service and lots of public private pstnerships I jst see a good capitalist not a good govt. Go n the history definitions and reasons for the formation of govts especially the social contract theory pls

Bros (with all due respect), I think Fashola is trying more than Amechi. Apart from similar revenues (a few billions apart undecided). Fashola has to take into account over 18 million people in tiny Lagos compared to 4-5 million in the Large Rivers state. That alone puts pressure on all the so called infrastructures in Lagos not to take about the relative population density. Also, Lagos is more culturally diverse that PH which even makes it harder to manage compared to PH.

All in all, I think Fashola has an upper hand here.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by revolt(m): 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2011
Like he takes care of the millions. The man taxes us heavily.when it comes to finances pls check your statistics lagos n rivers r no comparison. Fashola can comfortably afford not to spend billions n lagos will still be maintained. All companies organistions etc r here. Atleast judging from his capital projects we can see. I'd rate oshiomole much higher than he
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by seanet03: 9:59pm On Jul 10, 2011
Now you should revolt against your docile rivers governor. This is the budget of lagos state 450 billion naira
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/lagos-assembly-approves-n450-8bn-budget-for-2011/
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by seanet03: 10:02pm On Jul 10, 2011
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by seanet03: 10:08pm On Jul 10, 2011
Now let me see the simultaneous equation you use to compare Fasholas 450 billion naira to manage over 18 million people with Amaechi's 414 billion naira to manage less than 5 million people. Waiting for those equations.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 10, 2011
I see Rivers State, Imo and Enugu going to ACN come 2015.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by ZnO: 12:08am On Jul 11, 2011
All Lagos governors always receive accolades. I guess due to closeness to the press aka Brown envelope
Tinubu was praised too. Even when an Igbo man (Ndubusis Kalu) was there he was praised to high heavens. Maruwa from Adamawa was also praised
So praising Fasola is only following the trend
Lagos people are generally mediocres for whom anything goes.
Re: Ijaw Leaders: Fashola Is Better Than Amaechi. Lambast Amaechi For His White Elephant Projects. by Musiwa42: 12:11am On Jul 11, 2011
j

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Govt Opens Bid Round For 31 Marginal Oil Fields / HOW TO GET 'CONNECTIONS' IN NIGERIA !!! / Vice president, Yemi Osibanjo meets with IDPs children (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.