Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

What Has Happened To 'black Is Beautiful' Slogan? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Has Happened To 'black Is Beautiful' Slogan? (316 Views)

What Happened To Me Today In A Brothel / Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital / IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Has Happened To 'black Is Beautiful' Slogan? by Kisico: 8:55am On Apr 29, 2022
Honestly, I really don't understand why one would hardly get body creams or soaps that does not contain lightening or the so called toning effect. Even the baby's skin care products are not left out of this situation. No wonder you would rarely see babies who are dark skinned these days. Like, every baby you see now is fair like oyibo. Mothers really have to desist from using lightening skin care products on babies, it does more harm than good on their tender skin.

I have been in search of a skin care products that does not contain toning effect, because I wanted to just maintain my chocolate complexion and not get fairer, but I'm finding it hard to arrive at one, I remembered asking a skin care product dealer why it's hard these days to find a non lightening skin care products, his answer baffled me, he said, 'everyone likes being fairer in their complexion because it's more attractive'. Hmmm, no bi small thing o. Well, I had to tell him not to generalise that. Not everyone likes fair complexion.

Truth is, dark skin is beautiful, strong and more healthy. It doesn't loose collagen fast as fair skin does when ageing. So, if you are dark skinned, it's beautiful. Rock your natural complexion with pride.

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To 'black Is Beautiful' Slogan? by Jeon(f): 8:59am On Apr 29, 2022
STORY

3 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To 'black Is Beautiful' Slogan? by dopedan(m): 11:06am On Apr 29, 2022
No lies
Kisico hhggpost=112366949:
Honestly, I really don't understand why one would hardly get body creams or soaps that does not contain lightening or the so called toning effect. Even the baby's skin care products are not left out of this situation. No wonder you would rarely see babies who are dark skinned these days. Like, every baby you see now is fair like oyibo. Mothers really have to desist from using lightening skin care products on babies, it does more harm than good on their tender skin.

I have been in search of a skin care products that does not contain toning effect, because I wanted to just maintain my chocolate complexion and not get fairer, but I'm finding hard to arrive at one, I remembered asking a skin care product dealer why it's hard these days to find a non lightening skin care products, his answer baffled me, he said, 'everyone likes being fairer in their complexion because it's more attractive'. Hmmm, No bi small thing o. Well, I had to tell him not to generalise that though. Not everyone likes fair complexion.

Truth is, dark skin is beautiful, strong and more healthy. It doesn't loose collagen fast as fair skin does when ageing. So, if you are dark skinned, it's beautiful. Rock your natural complexion with pride.

True

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Olu Of Warri Has Announced Free surgery For All Tribes In Warri And Env. / Please Where Can I Find This Herb In Abuja?(pix) / Itching After Bathing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.