Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,743 members, 7,831,373 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? (20104 Views)

Nigeria’s Neighbours Reject Naira, Opt For CFA, Dollars / A Loan App Just Served My Neighbour A Court Order / No Country Can Survive With Republic Of Benin As Neighbour – Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by illuminutty: 6:45pm On Apr 29, 2022
oi
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by SanctifiedSista(f): 6:45pm On Apr 29, 2022
Sometimes it's because they are already used to their customer and also don't want fight if there is any issue with ur product or service

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by naija4life247: 6:45pm On Apr 29, 2022
No matter the situation, never buy Garri and Groundnut from the same place. They will know you are bankrupt

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by ExtremeDot: 6:45pm On Apr 29, 2022
So much truth.
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by LongBig(m): 6:46pm On Apr 29, 2022
Never mind jealousy is at work but like I said never mind
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by Bloggz74(m): 6:49pm On Apr 29, 2022
Bro watch closely there's something you are not getting fine maybe quality or pricing thus affordability becomes an issue.

I will buy a perceived enemy's product or services as long as satisfaction on quality is not compromised.

Friendship won't make me buy bad products so reassess your self, products, quality and pricing.

Ayanwukoma:
My mom owns a boutique, but you see neighbour's going as far as the other road to buys things instead of just buying from us. Wearing new palms everyday, when we have same quality but they prefer buying elsewhere. I don't know why.

Same with my OGa that am learning barbing at his shop, some neighbour's don't cut hair at his place... This guy is so good and friendly that the whole Street knows him. He barbs very well too, but some people that stays opposite his stores always barb from somewhere else, but in the evening no light, they come to charge their devices.

Please why's that

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:49pm On Apr 29, 2022
Ok
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by oshaosha2014(m): 6:50pm On Apr 29, 2022
See finish

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by pinkguy(m): 6:50pm On Apr 29, 2022
Lol some of this people don't know how to talk just like the one I have here anytime she see me with stuff in my hand she will ask me why I take her money to someone else. As if she is the one giving me money to by things

14 Likes

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by Dumte(m): 6:51pm On Apr 29, 2022
Not all neighbors.
I buy pure water, kunu and mineral from my neighbor. I don't go out to buy them except they are out of stock
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by Johel(m): 6:51pm On Apr 29, 2022
Ayanwukoma:
My mom owns a boutique, but you see neighbour's going as far as the other road to buys things instead of just buying from us. Wearing new palms everyday, when we have same quality but they prefer buying elsewhere. I don't know why.

Same with my OGa that am learning barbing at his shop, some neighbour's don't cut hair at his place... This guy is so good and friendly that the whole Street knows him. He barbs very well too, but some people that stays opposite his stores always barb from somewhere else, but in the evening no light, they come to charge their devices.

Please why's that

Most nigerians are sentimental,bias, ignorant and highly hypocritical,there's deep envy,cos they feel they will be enriching their neighbour by patronising them..

I do patronise my neighbours more tho.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by ednut1(m): 6:51pm On Apr 29, 2022
see finish

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by Cityfirstborn(m): 6:52pm On Apr 29, 2022
Sometimes “I too proud” better pass “see finish”

Buying from someone you know or neighbors, they don’t expect you to price, out of see finish you will reluctantly pay any price they tell you. But buying from someone you don’t know, you can easily bargain to the best price.

17 Likes

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by JohnnA1: 6:52pm On Apr 29, 2022
To avoid see finish (Over familiarity!)

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by Newyorkitis(m): 6:54pm On Apr 29, 2022
Some people will not patronize their neighbors especially those selling foodstuffs because they don't want their neighbors to know what they want to cook for the family.
For POS, they don't want their neighbors to know when there is "insufficient funds" lols

Honestly, na women get all these wahala pass about being choose.

As for me, I patronize my neighbors very well because I have no issues discussing about my purchases or withdrawals.

(I sell phone accessories a stone throw from my house and because of my neighbors, I bring home some items from the shop.... They can come in the morning or late at night to patronize me even at home)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by abobote: 6:54pm On Apr 29, 2022
Maybe she is not friendly
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by TheGift: 6:59pm On Apr 29, 2022
Not in every case…

I patronize my Neighbours, who share a fence with me.
They are a classy and well run 3 star hotel. They also own an oil and gas company.

I patronize them for food and drinks regularly , and also recommend them for folks who can afford their accommodation rates.

We have such a cordial relationship that they supply me water for free when water board messes up, and they ( the oil and gas subsidiary) supply me diesel at virtually the same rate they supply their own sister company ( the hospitality subsidiary)…

In my own case, it flows both ways

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by intruder15(m): 7:00pm On Apr 29, 2022
zinaunreal:
To avoid problems
I don't buy stuff from my landlady because
1 I don't eat junk
2 one thing lead to one thing before you know talk beef and arguments on quality of stuff bought, change or money issues. Shes very saucy. To avoid all that and promote a conducive atmosphere for all parties, one must go elsewhere

In summary, to avoid see finish
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by OctoberEleven: 7:01pm On Apr 29, 2022
Maybe they don't want to see their neighbours prosper
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 29, 2022
Ayanwukoma:

Please why's that

Some people are just loyal to whom they patronise. For instance, I've been going to my salon before my 13 year old was born. If a salon opens next door to me, I doubt I'd switch. I'd stick to what/who I know.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by aribisala0(m): 7:06pm On Apr 29, 2022
If you patronize olosho . Would you patronize your neighbour?

Why?

WAEC Question

1 Like

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by 46arcadez(m): 7:07pm On Apr 29, 2022
Because neighbour will inflate price anyhow believing that neighbour does not have another option but to buy OR believing that neighbour will use shame to buy at any amount the good is sold

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by Bashnigga(m): 7:08pm On Apr 29, 2022
For bad neighbors mostly Jealousy & for the wise ones, to avoid see finish...

You see, the moment your buy stuff credit like this, they turn into monitoring spirits. You won't even be able to walk peacefully into your house with leather again cos once you do the next thing you hear is the last born knocking on your door, that his/her mom said he/she should come & collect that money. cheesycheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by Mystery9(m): 7:08pm On Apr 29, 2022
Not in my neighborhood.
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 29, 2022
My guy no be only you, even my nieghbour over here i no de buy something from her, as for me i may even pass like 2 or 3 shops go buy something at far cos that place them go sell it at lower price pass yours

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by kdc5000: 7:11pm On Apr 29, 2022
I think say na only they witness or this thing
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by zinaunreal(m): 7:11pm On Apr 29, 2022
intruder15:

In summary, to avoid see finish

Oh is that what it's called lol grin
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by kingthreat(m): 7:15pm On Apr 29, 2022
Exactly to avoid familiarity. I won't forget one gossip-folk neighbor that sells stuff near my house then. This woman was peeping into my nylon to see the provisions I bought. Ever since then, I avoided people selling things close by except I am sure that you can mind your business.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by The5DME(m): 7:15pm On Apr 29, 2022
Ishilove, what do you think?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by Emma1Oj(m): 7:17pm On Apr 29, 2022
I don't kn y. Me too don't like it, JUST TO AVOID SEE FINISH AND AVOID OWNING DEPT.
Re: Why Do Neighbours Hardly Patronise Their Fellow Neighbour's Business? by WoundedLamb: 7:17pm On Apr 29, 2022
Hhmm.. I don't really think people would decide not patronize you just because you're thier neighbour. Everyone is looking for the best value (aka cheapest high quality). So if your products are good and cheap enough, neighbours will buy. It's business and nobody likes wasting money. Just don't expect them to buy from you just because you're thier neighbour. They will not leave an old vendor who gives them good deals and great customer experience for anything. There's no business justification for that.

#Opinion

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? / Disquiet In CBN As Cardoso Retires ‘Emefiele’s Directors’ / Where Are The Farmers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.