Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,686 members, 7,809,593 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

How Did You Land Your First Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Did You Land Your First Job? (10330 Views)

At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? / How Did You Land Your Current Job? / At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Land Your First Job? by Amos1423(m): 1:48am On Apr 30, 2022
I wouldn't want to bore you stories, just as the topic implies, how did you land your first job? This might actually help others in job haunting as myself.
BTW, I am in need of a job anywhere in Rivers State. I hold a diploma in computer science (HND), I possess great teaching skills and also a good communicator.

Let's discuss

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Maj196(m): 9:12am On Apr 30, 2022
Amos1423:
I wouldn't want to bore you stories, just as the topic implies, how did you land your first job? This might actually help others in job haunting as myself.
BTW, I am in need of a job anywhere in Rivers State. I hold a diploma in computer science (HND), I possess great teaching skills and also a good communicator.

Let's discuss

Cc: uboma, davide470, mukina2
Skills + Hardwork + Consistency + Prayer

9 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by slawormiir: 4:42pm On Apr 30, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Those days in national integrated power projects in Benin city

I nor fit talk story joor

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by sogodihno: 4:43pm On Apr 30, 2022
My advice for Young folks is learn digital skills and start free lancing, the sky is your limit.

I am a health professional earning little less than #200k per month, my friend dropped out, learn Web designing and he is making at least a million per month on upwork. The money in his account is at least 10 times my own.

Digital skills is the way.

#50k, #100k work per month, won't make you comfortable, it will just make you not beg to eat.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by iCauseTrouble: 4:43pm On Apr 30, 2022
My first job was with the company I did my Youth Service. But them no show love at all. I gained industry experience there and got hired by a rival company.
The thing pain them when I comot

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Gifted4all(m): 4:43pm On Apr 30, 2022
God's grace and favour without any connection

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by flexyrule(m): 4:44pm On Apr 30, 2022
Saw the advert here on nairaland.

Gatecrashed.

Finished best candidate.

Resumed 2 months later.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by N3wman: 4:44pm On Apr 30, 2022
On my POP, i recieved a call from a company i had applied to earlier and had previously done the interview. My appointment letter has been sent to my mail and i am to resume the beginning of the next month. Long story short, thats how i landed my first post-nysc job or wish to.

P.S
Na this October i dey pass out.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Fireson: 4:45pm On Apr 30, 2022
Just grace .. And here on NAIRALAND. GOD BLESS SEUN !

9 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by silverkings: 4:45pm On Apr 30, 2022
Na my priest oo. This happened in March. Called me to go meet his sister who works in one of the banks. The rest is history

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Richdee1(m): 4:47pm On Apr 30, 2022
I dey
Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by martyns303(m): 4:48pm On Apr 30, 2022
Hmmm

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by ceejayluv(m): 4:49pm On Apr 30, 2022
Online application, aptitude test, interview, trainee position landed . Confirmed after over two years

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by visijo(m): 4:49pm On Apr 30, 2022
Imagine you're locked in a lion's den and the only way out is by solving maths....
Will you get out?? �

As for me I don go be that ��

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Jokerman(m): 4:53pm On Apr 30, 2022
CV submission through Philips consulting in 2011.

1st salary- 85K (Graduate entry)

Field maintenance engineer for telecommunications base station, time wey telecoms still made sense... grin

Now I'm not even in the engineering line, na agent I dey do even with Msc...

I need engineering jobs that pay 400k above... kiss

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Ahmed0336(m): 4:53pm On Apr 30, 2022
Nobody don answer the question Na soso tori una dey knack.

Mine 1 month through my Uncle undecided tongue

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by parkervero(m): 4:54pm On Apr 30, 2022
Amos1423:

Let's discuss

Check out ICT instructor role in big schools around your area

1 Like

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Connected1: 4:54pm On Apr 30, 2022
Make we say na Grace.

I don't even know the man, I was just working at his site and then I heard he's a big man at his place of work, then the next day I summoned courage to approach him that I needed a job and told him my plight, then he said he will get back to me if there's vacancy, in 2 days time someone was sacked for stealing, Omo na so oh, he called my boss then and asked him if I was a good boy, then my boss gave him the go ahead and he called to his place, I am still grateful to that my former boss.

Na so I take get job, though the salary was small but I was so happy because it was far better than working concrete jobs as a bricklayer service at that time.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Righthussle: 4:55pm On Apr 30, 2022
Through my sister's connect

1 Like

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by parkervero(m): 4:55pm On Apr 30, 2022
visijo:
Imagine you're locked in a lion's den and the only way out is by solving maths....
Will you get out?? �

As for me I don go be that ��

He is a computer science graduate he should solve math easily

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Jossyroyal1: 4:56pm On Apr 30, 2022

Well packaged cv by a professional CV writer

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by kriss27(m): 4:58pm On Apr 30, 2022
sogodihno:
My advice for Young folks is learn digital skills and start free lancing, the sky is your limit.

I am a professional earning little less than #200k per month, my friend dropped out, learn Web designing and he is making at least a million per month on upwork. The money in his account is at least 10 times my own.

Digital skills is the way.

#50k, #100k work per month, won't make you comfortable, it will just make you not beg to eat.

Please what digital skills do you have? and is Web designing same thing as Web development?

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Ekakamba: 4:59pm On Apr 30, 2022
Applied, employed. On merit, no single connection fa.

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Comedian2019: 4:59pm On Apr 30, 2022
Connection.
In fact, I was asked to fill my appointment letter myself and to write the date I want to resume.
That's how I started the bank job.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by ibroh22(m): 5:00pm On Apr 30, 2022
My first job after NYSC was waiter job in a hotel wey i no do more than 2weeks there without pay after that i do factory work for a year plus before i land my banking job. It was God all the way, with consistency and never giving up attitude.

14 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by justdogitto: 5:02pm On Apr 30, 2022
sad
Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Ayodele951(m): 5:03pm On Apr 30, 2022
Twitter.

I posted an app I just develop and deploy to the Play Store on twitter, someone reach out to me that there company needs a mobile developer and the rest is history. Today makes it a year working there.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by yenereal(m): 5:04pm On Apr 30, 2022
I have been an entrepreneur since 2016. But my first ever attempt to apply for Government job on 2021 got me employed. It was strictly on merit. So hard-work and preparedness met opportunity.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by fk001(m): 5:04pm On Apr 30, 2022
They will come with their usual " learn digital skill/web designing rubbish"

I know so many people that are good in Web designing and other digital skills but yet they are jobless.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by sogodihno: 5:06pm On Apr 30, 2022
kriss27:
Please what digital skills do you have? and is Web designing same thing as Web development?

I don't have digital skill that's why my friend is presently earning more than me, I am in into conventional 8am-4pm job, with little pay, I just want to learn a digital skill.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Agip Vacancy / Massive Recruitment At DSTV Nigeria Ltd,ibadan. / MTN Nigeria Is Recruiting For Manager, Closed Loop Feedback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.